Changelings: The Chroi Clan

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Combat Systems (See either Mowkie Note #4 or find original post on page 4)

• Open Dice

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hidden Dice

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, now I wanna play a wolf just to prove you guys wrong. Wolves are THE original lycanthropes. You can never go wrong with them!

Sadly, ze GM must follow her own rules. XD And I already have two chars.
Right? Maybe I should bring Vixie or Eric back instead of playing one of the other characters I planned out.

Actually Vampires were the original Lycantheropes, they turned into wolves in their earliest mythology. They were also bat people and mist people.

I was considering a wolf. Its just that I also love cats, bunnies, and birds are kinda fun as well.

Technically, werewolves were the earliest because they were within Greek mythology, before Dracula

Yeah, you know my story of Lycaon? That's actual Greek Mythology, originating before the birth of Christ. Legends of vampires didn't appear until after the death of Christ - the actual term for vampires not being formed until the 16th century.

Oh hey I just looked it up. Learn something new everyday

I do a lot of research before writing something like this. I have elements from all sorts of lore and history in my own lore, as it makes things more interesting and relatable to the world we have now. Lycaon is a cool Greek story. ^^ Glad you were able to learn something.

I do similar research. I have this one role play that has a bunch of shit put into it but I can't find devoted players haha

Hello ^_^ I'm the friend of Silver's that is planing on playing the Sugar glider healer. Just thought i should say hi so i wasn't the invisible friend of hers anymore.

Welcome, @NeonKity !!! Sorry I didn't say hello sooner!

So, for those of you who are a little bored with waiting, I shall boost some more suspense! YAY! Say hello to the new and improved Changeling Banner!!! *celebrates with confetti*

Changelings20Banner.png

So I've been thinking on my character...would a guardian that could turn into an eagle be acceptable?

Reactions: Silver
Yes, indeedy! That would certainly be acceptable! <3

• Thank You
Reactions: Andy
Yes, indeedy! That would certainly be acceptable! <3
Great :) I was also thinking about making him one of those..special changlings with the special powers and giving him control over the element of wind is that cool?

You'll have to find that out come sign ups, @Andy ~ ;3

Reactions: Mowkie
I'm glad we gave ourselves two weeks to work out the kinks, as we've run into another bit of a snag involving our powers list and IC combat system. With some of the powers we have, we will need an established combat system that keeps everything fair while still allowing players to enjoy the fun of writing out open-ended attack posts during combat.

So, today, I present you all with two choices for a basic combat system. They are as follows:

• We do what I like to call an Open Dice system, where each player will write their attack post in response to the GM combat encounter, and then roll a single 20-sided die. If the die is in your favor (the specifics of which will come later), you land the attack. If not, you either miss or dodge. One of the GMs will respond with the enemy accordingly. This will also apply to attacking other player characters, but you as players are responsible for keeping up with your (and each other's) rolls.
  • If you don't like that, there is also the Hidden Dice system, where the player writes their open-ended attack in response to a GM combat encounter without rolling any dice. Instead, the GM responding will roll a die (still 20-sided with the same basic system) in the background and respond accordingly. Duelling players do not have to roll dice if they choose not to, but the GM will also not be responsible for any players not playing fairly. If we see you godmodding, of course, we will first warn you...then kick you.
Please put in your vote for which one you would prefer before sign-ups this Friday. That way, Beta GM Sparkle Bunny and I have enough time to get a basic system put out for you guys if needed before the IC. We will have the sign-ups posted for roughly one week (but they will remain open past the opening of the IC as well) before opening the IC, giving us enough time to get the final kinks out of the way. With such a massive project, we want to make sure everything runs smoothly. <3 Thank you all for your patience.

Is 'no opinion' an opinion? I think it depends on how in depth the system in, how often it's gonna be used, and how many players there are... If there's a lot, and the system will be used very frequently, go with the more off-hands approach. Otherwise combat can get messy really fast.

That said, I still haven't really pledged commitment so (still waiting to see what characters end up making it to sign-ups)... Take my opinion as you may.

Status
Not open for further replies.