Changelings: The Chroi Clan

Combat Systems (See either Mowkie Note #4 or find original post on page 4)

• Open Dice

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Hidden Dice

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Silver

Original poster
Changelings20Banner.png
OVERVIEW

In the year 2138, almost a century since the modern world came to an end, the world is seemingly ruled by no one. Vampires, who accidentally created a new species known as Changeling - humans with the supernatural ability to shift into animals - lurk in the shadows, awaiting the opportunity to strike. A virus has stirred from the depths of South America, washing over what humans it can kill and turning them into creatures of death and destruction. It has finally breached the borders of the Changelings of North America, sounding the alert for everyone to find out the root of this evil and destroy it. Tension grows thick between the three races, and war threatens everyone. Who will pull through this time? And what will become of the newest race of the world?

Warnings:
This is a long read. Buckle up.

Religious satire VERY present here.
*If you do not wish to see the use of Christianity/Catholicism or Judaism used in Supernatural context, this is NOT the thread for you. Do not post your complaints if you do deign to read what is posted.*

While The Holy Bible does not account for the name of the soldier who pressed his spear into the chest of Christ upon his death on the cross, many have deemed him a saint. A man who converted to Christianity upon being showered in the blood of God's only begotten son, curing his one blind eye and proving that Christ was who he claimed to be. There are festivals for this man. And his spear, now known as the Spear of Destiny, among other names, is said to be one of the most holy relics in history. Historians called this Roman soldier Longinus. Some of the more religious call him Saint Longinus.

There are all sorts of controversy around this name and around the story that goes along with it.
Yet…perhaps there is some…truth to it.

But first…let's go a little farther back. Back into the time of the serpent who spoke to Eve, convincing her to eat the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge. A time not long after the creation of Earth. It is said in the same religion that reveres the man who stabbed the body of their most Holy God's child as a saint that this serpent was the epitome of evil. Lucifer, the first angel of God, fallen from Heaven and cursed to become what is now known as the devil is said to be evil. The body of sin, against all that is Holy and right. But was he really so evil?

That serpent, who knew that his Father did not want anyone to eat the fruit, was curious as to why. Just as any other creature. Only, this serpent was smart. And the humans – the man and woman, blessed by God – were not intelligent. Because they had not eaten the fruit. So, he spoke to the female…the lady, Eve, born of clay and the rib of Adam as he was of water and his Father's holy light. He convinced her to try it. Because he wished to see her potential. And so she ate that fruit. And then, her mate did so as well. Then, intelligence reigned, and he saw them bloom into the beautiful creatures that his holy Father could not see them for. In return, the serpent was cursed, and so were God's other "holy" children.

There is another history written. One besides The Holy Bible that speaks of God and the Serpent. Only, their tale is entirely the opposite. That the Serpent was Holy, and God was only the creator. It was the Serpent, known as Leviathan, that truly blessed the holy creations of Earth. In this history, the serpent, cursed to be eaten by the children of Adam and Eve, came back to the pair before the birth of their first child with a proposition.
"If you desire," the Leviathan said, "I can grant your children a gift that will take away the curse of the Behemoth. But I cannot grant you anything but the knowledge that they will live long, lively, and fruitful lives outside of the hatred and angst placed upon you."

Eve spit upon the serpent, angry and full of despair that what she had known to be all that was good with the world had turned his back on her. Adam, however, pleaded with the knowledgeable creature to lift his children of the curse in any way that he could.

And so, it became so for half of their children. Half would take up the gifts of the Leviathan, who blessed them with the souls of animals born of the waters, earth, and skies. For the other half, the children of Eve, they would remain cursed in their human forms in the image of God, known to the children of the serpent as Behemoth.

For centuries – millennia, even – the children of the serpent did not have a name. Blending easily into the population of humans, they were never noticed and faded into nothing more than legend. However, once every month, a group within each village, town, and even city, would come together to take the shape of their blessed beast and hunt together beneath the light of the full moon – said to be the most holy night of their mighty Leviathan, who has once more brought light into the darkness that God had left on the earth. Unlike the cursed humans, who bore children painfully and were cursed to feel shame for their nude bodies, those of the Leviathan only felt vulnerable when taking their animal forms. Their bodies would have to bear a great deal of bone-splitting pain before their full shape was achieved.

And for millennia, this was what became of the children of Leviathan.

Upon the legend of a man by the name of Lycaon, however, born become king of Arcadia, a province of ancient Greece, the children of Leviathan finally came to light. While the humans remember the story as a curse of one of their many gods, Zeus, after the king tried to feed Zues the flesh of his own son, the children knew different. They knew that he was born of a human and one of the children of Leviathan, and only after his sadistic nature took hold did he make his first change. But it was monstrous, half man and half wolf, unable to take full form. They knew that Lycaon died after his first transformation, but the humans carried his story into legend and myth, and the children who could take the shape of animals became known as Lycanthropes.

With their secret out, the children became very wary of humans, fearing their secrets to be the death of them. Humans hated all that had to do with the serpent, and so the children had no choice but to keep completely to themselves or risk being hunted down and killed. Though harder to kill than humans, built with the endurance of their serpent god, they were by no means immortal. And upon being granted the name, Lycanthrope, they were sought after at every turn.

But the hatred and misguidance of the humans was not all that would wish to harm the children. For upon the day that Christ died upon the cross, another creature was born by the hatred and dismay of the Behemoth God.

So, we bring the story full circle now, back to the Saint, Longinus. The Romans were considered quite bloodthirsty by many others around them, and the crucifixion of Christ only further pressed this matter. It was due to their bloodthirsty nature that the newest race was born.

As Longinus pierced Christ's side, it is said that the blood sprayed across the Roman soldier's face, curing his blind eye and making him a believer. This was supposedly the birth of Catholicism. But, as usual, humans are very short-sighted creatures. The children knew what the blood of Christ really did to Longinus at that moment, for his body turned pale, and his eyes turned red. They witnessed his canines sharpen and lengthen slightly and watched as the man became a monster.

For the longest time, he was known as Bibere Sanguinem, or Blood Drinker. He would go out into the darkness of night and drink from the veins of humans. Not long after he began to learn of his newfound abilities did he come to realize that he did not have to be alone in the night, for God had cast him out of the sun forever. Upon feeding a human his blood after draining them of half their own, Longinus learned that more of his kind could be made to hunt in the night.

To keep their curse a secret, these new creatures created what simply became known as the Roman Catholic Church, using humans as cover. Over years and even centuries, they built a mighty fortress and a system that allowed them to come across as normal to the humans. This system became known as the Vatican. Through the Vatican, they continued to spread the greatness of God and Christ, but in secret they used their power to gain even more. Their thirst was not sated by only blood, as they were greedy creatures by nature. And because humans were seemingly ruled by their religious faiths, they were able to twist even full governments to conform to their ways and do their bidding. They had their hands in everything.

The children knew better, though. They knew that the Vatican spouted lies so that they could be granted a higher seat on the totem pole. And this knowledge blessed the children with the foresight to what came next. Lycanthrope Hunters.

Upon tasting their first bits of lycanthrope blood, the creatures became completely infatuated. For some, it drove them mad with thirst, while for others, it heightened all of their basic senses, essentially making them even more powerful. For the greatest of these monsters, however, lycanthrope blood would bless them with the ability to walk in the day. It was during this realization that the term, vampire, came to be. Those who were too weak to handle the power of lycanthrope blood were buried by others of their kind in hopes that they would remain beneath the ground, keeping the secret of the monsters safe. This, however, backfired as fear spread through the spirits of the unruly humans, and like lycanthropes, vampires suddenly appeared on the map. Many lycanthropes - particularly those who could turn into bats - took advantage of this and made vampires out to be more horrible than any other monster that went bump in the night.

A few humans with minds capable of understanding more than basic faith began to question the Vatican, then. They used their knowledge of the known world to come to a better understanding of faith. They were scientists, philosophers...men who did not believe in God or any derivative of Him. A secret organization of humans was born, known simply as the Illuminati.

In secret, they knew all about vampires and lycanthropes, uncaring of the faith behind such creatures. They wanted to expose them for monsters, believing all that was not human was wrong with the world. The lycanthropes tried to reason with these minds. But before they could reach a goal, the Vatican seemingly wiped them out. They wrapped the name, Illuminati, with controversy and lies, making it very hard to understand what these men were about. But the lycanthropes knew something the Vatican did not. They knew that the Illuminati still survived. In fact, the organization thrived completely underground. And lycanthrope hunters, which had originally been nothing more than those hired to kill lycanthropes and drain their blood for the Vatican, were hired by humans to eradicate both. Effectively, some became vampire hunters.

As the centuries passed, the stories of vampires and lycanthropes became nothing more than legend, and then legend became myth and fantasy. Humans became complacent, believing they knew everything about the world around them. And the vampires used this to their advantage, using their power to rise in the ranks, their spider webs wrapping through entire governments and societies. By contrast, the lycanthropes took on packs and controlled their cities well enough to keep their secrets safe. They stuck together like massive families, typically keeping to whatever animal they were - whether it be wolf, cat, or even bird of prey. After all, in large numbers, they were harder to take out.

The hatred between vampires and lycanthropes never once ceased. Rumors began to spread through the packs that the Vatican had been collecting lycanthropes from all around the world - the more powerful, the better. These lycanthropes would disappear without a trace, never to be seen again. Packs and even entire cities were thrown into chaos from the loss of packmates. As years passed, and more and more lycanthropes went missing, war brewed all across the world. The Middle East rose up against their governments and slammed against what was known as the "free world." This part of the world retaliated, and lives were lost over decades of constant fighting.

Most of this death was human at first, as the packs were under their own heat. They had their own wars in the background. Whether or not it was the fighting of the packs that caused the humans to fight could not truly be determined. But all seemed to be lost as the disarray only seemed to get worse.

It is now the year, 2016 CE. A human threat known as ISIS has threatened the unsteady peace in the world. Almost every lycanthrope pack across the planet has suffered at least one loss. Alphas, Betas, and even some Omegas have disappeared. There is fighting within and between packs. All the while, the Vatican have brought forth a Pope that makes them look better than ever, shielding their inner desires with a quest for world peace.

Beneath the stony front of Vatican City in the center of Rome, Italy, the missing lycanthropes have been held as breeding stock for future generations in hopes of having a long-lasting blood supply to forever make the vampires the most powerful creatures on the planet. But this is not the only thing they have planned for the world. Ever since the creation of the first nuclear warhead, a project fueled by the power and fortune of the vampires of North America, they have been brewing a particularly special warhead that would leave the humans with a clean slate, effectively killing any and all lycanthropes that are not "owned" by them. In the last year, this serum, to be placed at the very tip of the warhead so that it would spread and become airborne, has finally been perfected. Missiles have been mass produced - enough to wipe out the entire world population of lycanthropes, leaving many humans (particularly those outside of the initial blast radiuses) unharmed and with an empty world to rebuild upon. This would, effectively, make them the most powerful creatures on the planet - the only symbol of the past left to give the humans hope.

The lycanthropes, however, were not as stupid as the vampires believed them to be. The serum that was to be placed on these warheads was perfected in rooms just down the hall from the bulk of the "breeding stock," and vampires in their hubris believed that none could escape their chains. After a time of thought and effort, a few managed to get out and modify the serum. While the blast of the bomb would still demolish a great deal of the planet, the serum would do something entirely different. As this was perfected, a single lycanthrope escaped from the walls of Vatican City.

And on Christmas Day at the end of 2016, as a single jaguar named Nicolao escaped his prison of fifteen years. Upon his escape, the war finally escalates into the ultimate world war.

This war would come to be known as Ragnarok. The End of the World.

The lights of human minds came to rest upon the legends and myths and stories of vampires and lycanthropes. In their fear, they fought at every corner. Lycanthropes rose up against the vampires of their cities and territories and killed whatever and whoever stood in their way. Vampires, shocked that their foes had so much power, retreated for a time before releasing their power full force. Kidnapping and enslaving people of all races and using them against their families, friends, and packmates. The borders of countries began to fall away until there was nothing left but the three races.

Later on, the letters and journal entries written by various men and women of human and lycanthrope origin would be put into a single book - a memoir of sorts to be remembered by the humans left. Below are some early entries.

--Excerpts from The Many Letters of War, published February 19th, 2042

January 10, 2017 -

My sweet Lilian...it has been far too long since I last wrote you. For that, I apologize. I'm sure by now, you watch the door awaiting the arrival of an officer to tell you I'm dead. But don't you worry. Not yet. It takes a lot more than war to kill this old boy. How's Ava? I can't wait to see her again...she must be so big by now!

I don't have much time to write you...I'm so sorry for being gone as long as I have. But I'm due to come home in a week. I'll see you soon, my darling. I promise, no matter where or how, I will see you soon.

Love always,
Shane

January 25, 2017 -

Oh, Lilian...What am I going to do now? How will I ever see you again? There is so much to say, and not enough time to write it all down. But there is one thing you must know. Believe it, too. I am writing to you this time to warn you...and everyone else that you can tell...there is such a thing as lycanthropes and vampires. They're here. They're out. And they're waging war...a war that no man could even begin to believe. It's insane seeing them. I don't know how much longer we can hold them off...there's so many of them. We never knew it. We never believed it.

Europe has always been under the control of vampires...and now, we know. We know there's also lycanthropes...there's one clan called Loup Garou, whatever they are...and they're fighting the vampires. They all are! But there's more, Lilian...so much more. There's not just wolves. There's so many different types! Tigers, lions, bears, foxes...but all of them seem to be controlled by the Full Moon. But they are intelligent, even as the shape of their animals. It's so strange, I don't even know where to begin!

There's a group of priests...they seem to be fighting against the lycanthropes. They look like Catholics, but I'm starting to get the feeling that they're also vampires.

You were right all along, my Lilian. I should have never joined the Army. I should have never gone to war. It's all my fault. But I will see you some day. For your sake, I hope it is a while from now. Keep Ava safe, and give her a kiss. Let her know that her father stood proud and strong in his final days to protect humankind. Let her know that her father loves her as much as he loved her mother. I will never forget you. And hopefully...I'll see you in Heaven. I love you so much, Lilian.

Love always,
Shane

April 12, 2019 -
There is no way I can get out of this alive. Already, I'm trapped with a broken leg, a gunshot in the shoulder, and a migraine that would kill the devil. I'd be surprised if I didn't make it to the end of this paper before dying. The Vatican, as they call themselves, have me captive. They plan to drain me before I lose any more of my blood...and I'm bleeding pretty heavily.

America...she's a goner. There's no way she'll survive the war...not even with all of the hearty soldiers we have on home turf. They're too strong. Not only have the vampires come across the seas....but those damned lycanthropes, too. They all showed themselves. So many of them. And they're all waging war against the vampires. Right now, it's just one pack - as they call it - over here...but soon...other packs will come. No longer is this just Europe and Asia...The whole world has been pulled into this mess. World War III. They call it Ragnarok. It's a fucking apocalypse. And America only has months...perhaps even weeks...before she falls like all the others…

They're coming. It's the end of the line. I'll see you soon, my sweet bride...my darling girl. I'm coming home at last. I love you both.

-unnamed

--Diary Excerpt from The Many Letters of War

April 21, 2019 -

Easter Sunday almost three years after war began in Europe, it managed to sweep across the entire globe. But human war was minuscule compared to the war that would finally rage in the United States. The Vatican lead the charge of vampires towards the heart of all lycanthropes, the largest population contained within North America. The battles were bloody, and humans suffer greatly. If they were not bitten and Changed into either a vampire or lycanthrope, they were brutally murdered - torn apart and possibly even fed on by one of the two sides. Everything became known by even the non-believers that day, and in the years to come, Christmas would become known as All Spirit's Day - the day in which the dead would rise again.

For reasons not even the Vatican or any lycanthrope pack could explain, humans began to rise from Death, turned into mindless creatures hungering for the flesh that had been torn from them...thirsting for the blood of their murderers. They were lethal creatures, and suddenly, everything began to switch into a battle for survival, for they were more powerful than anything - even the Vatican.

Ragnarok still would not end for many, many years later...

December 25th, 2036 -

Fucking Christmas...a holiday everyone should celebrate...one that my mother would teach me about every year. Every year, though we moved from refugee camp to refugee camp, we celebrated Christmas while everyone just moped around and went on about the Hellish ways of the world.

I wasn't even three when this apocalypse came to the States. And now...damnit it's been so long. She died when I was only twelve. Now, so long after...I'm one of the last humans to still live on this sodden soil. I'm one of the last humans to fight for my freedom...for my life.

So, maybe...if I write this all down...maybe it'll be recorded in history. Or maybe, it'll just disappear like the lives of my brethren...who knows? But, for shits and giggles, I might as well try.

Hello, my name is Ava Trope. I am 22 years old, and one of the last women to be on American soil....one of the last American soldiers. I am the daughter of Lilian and Shane Trope. My father was one of the first Americans to see the wrath of the supernatural. He was one of the first to die by its hand. And he is one of the first to let his legacy live on through humans. I will live through this. And I will be known throughout the years as one of the last humans to fight for life.

I leave this here in hopes that my legacy will live through that of others like me.

Survivors...refugees. Humans. All of you, I call....we must always fight for our rights. Our freedom. And you will hear later on through our years about a young woman that took out the supernaturals. No more vampires. No more lycanthropes. No more war!

But one last attack is planned for North America...and it is to end tonight. Something...something to take out the lycanthropes...the zombies...To clear everything but nature, itself. I have a feeling this will end badly, so the best thing to do right now is flee. I head to South America. I will not say where or why...but always know, my fellow Americans...that there will be life there. Always. That is where we wage war.

-Ava

--Excerpt from The Many Letters of War

On a cold, gray Christmas night in the year 2036, the Vatican finally gave the order to launch their nuclear attack. Across the globe, Aristocrats - vampires highest in command next to the Vatican - launched nuclear missiles: five from Russia, seven from China, and four from South Africa. With their seemingly perfect serum placed at the tips of each warhead, the day after All Spirit's Day would effectively end everything that had come to be known would change forever.

First, the initial blasts would wipe out thousands - millions - of people within the three races. Buildings would crumble to the ground, and the very atmosphere of the planet seemed to shift. Within hours of these blasts, Nature took hold of the world, massive trees growing up from beneath concrete and asphalt. The radioactive nuclear material bonded with plants, making many of them bioluminescent and somewhat toxic to humans. The closer to a blast zone one got, the more plants glowed. Even deserts were taken over, plant life reaching up from the sands to grant more water and shade. Rivers grew, and ocean levels rose, if only slightly. Mountains were barely seen within the thicket of forests. And the rise of humans was washed away to become a distant memory across the world. Only the structures maintained by the vampires remained standing, hidden beneath specially-designed force fields.

The animals that had survived the wars - from zoos and in the wild - grew and became something new. Those who were close to humans at the time of the serum taking hold morphed and changed, the soul and physiology contained within the core of the human much like the lycanthrope. At the same time, lycanthropes who survived the blasts underwent a shift like no other. Those who survived this Change, as it would come to be called, became a single species that would call themselves not lycanthropes but Changelings. Creatures who were both human and animal with powers beyond belief.

Lycanthropes, as they were known, became extinct. What humans that were left banded together and fought the elements to survive. Many went back to their more primitive roots. Others salvaged whatever technology they could in hopes of someday rising up against the vampires. The largest of these human clans would take hold of South America, where in secret they would begin to work on their plans for the future. The Illuminati finally rose again, with 13 head families and a leader named Ava Trope, who married a man named Gabriel Cox.

In North America, from the tip of Panama to the Arctic Circle, the largest of the Changeling civilization banded together to create a new society. Breaking off into clans, each with their own unique talents to provide to the greater good of their people, they took over almost all of North America, save only a section where Washington, D.C. used to be, which remained beneath the control of the vampires. At their heart was what came to be known as the Chroi Chang, the most powerful Changeling alive.

This new species was not controlled by the phases of the moon. Their shifts were painless and as effortless as a single thought. Truly supernatural powers were granted to them. And they became a force that was truly not to be reckoned with.

The dead that had risen on All Spirit's Day still remained, but they were slower...more docile. All across the world, they have wandered aimlessly, able to survive with nothing. Simply there. As though waiting for something.

Nearly a century has passed…

Since Ragnarok ended in a fiery blaze, the Changeling society has risen to great heights. All know the law and follow it willingly. The humans of the world have been quiet, as have the Vatican and all lesser vampires. But peace can only last for so long.

Something disturbing has begun to rise from the shadows of the trees. A virus has begun in South America, able to take over anything that lives and breathes as well as the aimless walkers that shuffle about. This virus has, so far, been able to kill the host before making it rise - just like the creatures already dead - but make them faster, stronger, and hungrier. The humans have had to fight this disease, but an immunity has slowly come to light for them. Whatever this immunity is, however, they have not gathered information over.

And it has finally begun to spread into the bodies of Changelings.

Deaths have occurred in Panama. The Jungle Cats have signaled their alert, and the Chroi Chang has called all clans to the capital to discuss their next move. It is here that our story begins.

Nature's Dominance:

Quickly after what the Vatican believed was the destruction of the lycanthropes, nature seemed to grow completely out of control. In a single night, every city that had once claimed the land of America was torn to pieces by all sorts of plant life or covered with mounds of sand and stone. Trees the size of skyscrapers completely skewered anything that even had a chance to be called the ruins of buildings. Nothing was left, everything covered with nature's raw beauty.

A single tree that became what is known as Chroí - or Heart - grew over the little town of Sterling, Colorado, its branches stretching outward so far that trunks stretched towards the ground, creating a single forest that stretched out with a radius of nearly 200 miles. This forest would later become known as the Anam na Foraoise, the Soul of the Forest.

From that single forest, many more grew, stretching around the deserts and reaching high into the mountains, shifting according to their climate - from deciduous to coniferous, palms, pines, and redwoods. Over the expanse of a single month, all of North America would be covered. And any human left within the grasp of Nature would surely perish and become simple fertilizer for the trees and exotic plants that suddenly grew. The continent became something new. Something strange...much like a human would have seen on the movie, Avatar. The trees were normal, yes. Large trunks that were thick enough to become mansions. A single trunk almost appeared to be two or three trees wrapping around each other in a coil. Some trees appeared to be standing on their roots, like mangroves, the bottoms completely risen from the ground. Roots would stretch for miles, rising like dozens of snaking hills from the surface of the ground. The plant life that was not of the trees almost seemed to glow, as if the radioactive components of the bombs launched seeped within the greenery. But this only happened when the sun was not shining through the leaves of the high canopies above.

Only two things not already natural survived the growth of Nature…
Nature was only a factor in the insane problem that the Vatican created. The lycanthrope breeding stock saved their brethren...they brought salvation and hope to the world...even if that hope wasn't realized yet.

When the bombs blasted the soils of the world, every lycanthrope that did not immediately die from the blasts gained the effects. Instead of being completely wiped out, their bodies seemed to change, completely. Not only their bodies...their entire situation...their lives. They could feel the new power wash over them, and before realizing it, every lycanthrope changed into their animal form if they were not already in that form. This change lasted three excruciating days, as though they had to completely shed all that was their old selves. For those that survived, everything was new and different. No longer was the change painful. No longer did it take a few moments of breaking, crushing bones or cries of pain. It was a simple mind over matter experience. At first human, then animal. Simple as that.

The beast did not claw at their bellies any longer. They did not feel the cage holding it in. Instead, every lycanthrope made a sort of Pact with their beast. Whether that beast be Wolf, Cat, Serpent, Bird, or even Rat...they became a part of the person. Two personalities. Separate...yet together. Meshed as one. The human finally had control in the animal form. The animal instinct with the human intelligence. A creature unlike any other.

They became Changelings. One with the beast forever.

Yet there was more. So much more. Any human that had yet to flee...anyone near an animal that was not underwater...they all became a new race of Changelings. Cats, dogs, mice, birds....anything that was not a fish became a Changeling. Why? No one can really explain it. Some died within the process of the spiritual bond known as the Pact. Unable to bear their first change, both human and animal died. However, many more lived. Even creatures such as sea lions became Changelings.

Lost and alone, the Changelings wandered aimlessly with not a thought on how to bring order to their world. The lycanthropes were now extinct...giving their lives to bring about the Changelings. But one clan...the Atlanta Tiger clan...would take up the seat of order. Dragon, Chang of the Atlanta Tigers, called for the Changelings across the world, traveling towards the Foraoise an Chroí, where her beast pushed her. Upon entering the heart of the forest, she was granted the power to call to all Changelings.

From all over North America, Changelings came to the Anam na Foraoise, where Dragon would establish leadership and peace. It was she who began the century of tranquility. It was she who sorted Changelings into packs/clans/troupes, etc. according to the animal the person became. She gave each of the groups the right to choose their leader in any way they wished. And it is she who is Chang over not only the Tigers...but also the Changelings as a whole...the Chroi Chang.

As the month that became known as Nature's Graced - that in which Nature took over North America - progressed, the clans of Changelings established their territories. And for nearly a century, there has been nothing but peace.

The monsters that had been known to have the power to tear apart even the oldest of vampires that dared show his face also changed upon the landings of the bombs. No longer did they seem to have the power they had before. As if the ghosts that had controlled the bodies left to go to the next world, the bodies were left wandering, shambling creatures without thoughts, dreams, or basic needs. Though still hungering for flesh, no matter what the flesh is of, they do not truly require it. They have become easy to take down, simply a creature of Nature out in the shadows.

Every now and then, you may see a glimpse of the old creatures from Ragnarok...and there have been Changelings lost to them over the last century...but as long as those that hunt do so in large numbers, they are no true threat.

But every year, on April 21st, those docile creatures become the powerful monsters. Changelings have learned to hide within the thick trees or beneath the grounds provided by Mother Nature on this night, for they would not survive the horrors of the Risen...not even for a night.

The Movement of Technology in the Last Century

Nature has taken over all of North America, from the edges of the Arctic Circle to the tip of Panama, rushing over the human cities like a tsunami of soil and foliage. It only ever stopped in certain areas, a different sort of Nature taking refuge. Areas such as the Great Plains, the Sierra Desert, and the frozen edges at the very top. These places were enhanced much like the forest, growing into better environments than they already were, surrounded only by the massive trees of the forest. Even in the snowy areas of the North, the tall, massive trees could be found in most areas, even if they were not as closely populated.

All technology was washed away in North America, leaving nothing for weapons or cities or factories behind. Those living within the confines of the new world had to start again. Only the Vatican withstood the onslaught, building a dome around most of Washington, D.C. that not only blocked out the growth of the forest, but also the things most dangerous to vampires, particularly the sun. Everywhere else was buried under feet and feet of new land. Ruins can only be seen of broken down skyscrapers that were crushed beneath the power of the forest, and in areas that were deserts or plains or even cold areas, they would be buried beneath flattened piles of soil, rolling hills of sand, or mountains of ice and snow. Nothing would last through the rebirth of nature. No weapons. No manufacturing. No high-tech walls or protection against the elements. All that survived - the Changelings - had to start back at square one.

So, by the decree of Dragon, each clan would have a purpose. One thing that clan would do that was needed by all. Clothes, food, training, knowledge...everything that would be needed. And each clan used that one thing to trade for other things. Prey animals were put beneath the protection of certain predators. Hyenas protected meerkats...snakes protected rabbits...coyotes protected bats...it was a cycle. One that could not be broken. And for almost one hundred years, it has kept communications between clans high, fights over territory very slim, and an era of peace and prosperity plausible.

Clans so Far:

[BCOLOR=transparent]Tigers & Cats (domestic)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mountain Cats[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Jungle Cats[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Field Cats & Hyenas[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Wolves, Dogs, Foxes, & Coyotes (Canines)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Rats, Rabbits, & Weasels (Small Rodents)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Beavers & Badgers (Large Rodents)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reptiles[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Sea Lions, Sea Leopards, & Seals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bears, Penguins, & Bats (Polar/Mountain, Forest, & Cave)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Herd Animals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Chimps & Gorillas (Aggressive Monkeys)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Tree Dwellers (Prey, like Koalas & Sloths, and less aggressive monkeys)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Birds (Raptors & Other)[/BCOLOR]

CLAN BREAKDOWN

Clan Systems - Predators vs Prey

Predatory Changelings - such as canines, cats, and birds of prey - are the guardians of Changeling Society. They are the dominant breeds within the communities, their very nature forcing them in a naturally higher state than others. Some are more violent than others. These clans are generally the border guardians. A prime example is the Jungle Cat clan, which resides in most of Central America. They are the border between Changelings and humans, the warning to the rest of the clans as well as the claws able to stop a threat in its tracks. Those who are in the center areas of North America are those who keep the peace between the other clans. They are the less violent predators, only showing teeth when absolutely necessary. They make sure the law is always followed.

Within each Predator Clan, there are five ranks, total. Each one is necessary to keep the clan balanced. Losing members within a rank affects the entire clan. The ranks are as follows.

Chang/Ulfric
The Alpha
Every clan must have a leader, whether male, female, or both. Changs, or queens, are female alpha Changelings. Ulfrics, or kings, are male alphas. Most clans contain both a Chang and Ulfric, a mated pair, but this is not the case for all. Some clans will be ruled by a single male, others ruled by a single female. For the predators, the alpha is typically the most dominant, in both the animal and human respects.

Beta
Second in Command
A Beta is a guardian of the Alphas, and they are the second highest ranking in the clan. They must be talented, determined, and extremely loyal to their clan. They must be willing to lay down their lives for the good of the clan, but their sole duty is to protect the Alpha pair. Almost every Beta will have one very special talent that might be rare or unique. Depending on clan size, there are usually five at the most.

Guardians
The Essentials
Guardians are some of the most essential ranks in the entire clan, and without them, most would surely perish. They are ranked just beneath Betas, and they are the protectors of the clan as a whole. They are the honorable ones, and they take death in battle before ever fleeing. They are the strongest. The bravest. And sometimes the most troublesome. They are either feared or loved by the clan, and in some cases, they are a clan within the clan. Some clans have special names for their Guardians. For example, the Tigers in the Foraoise an Chroí area call their Guardians Anatomos. Depending on the size, a clan may have up to two hundred Guardians.

Clan's Share
The Clan Majority
These are the general population of the clan. Few hold special talent or rank, but a pack would not be whole without them. They are the ones who are the jack of all trades, able to guard, dominate, and submit. The ones who do the general labor within the clan, itself. The numbers are unlimited, and with the increasing immortality rate, those numbers are steadily increasing. So far, the biggest clan known has over two thousand Clan's Share.

Omegas
The Balance
With such extremely dominant personalities as those portrayed by predators, there is a desperate need for something to balance the clan. The Alphas, while they can be quite friendly, are often extremely violent and if not kept in check can create fights within the clan, despite the need to keep peace. This is where the Omega comes in. Every Alpha has an Omega, a Changeling so submissive that their very nature allows them to have the special ability of calming their Alpha when they become too rowdy. Typically, one does not see the Alpha without an Omega, as they are the balance of the entire clan leadership. These Changelings are usually the closest of friends.

There is only one exception to this rank structure, and it is found within the Jungle Cat clan mentioned above. This particular clan has a Weaver rank, the only predators known to have any sort of healers within their ranks. These healers have the unique ability to weave a particular power into their silks and linens that, over time, will heal the wearer of the clothing of almost all wounds. These special jungle cats have been given their own special rank within the clan and are heavily protected.

Changeling Prey - such as herd animals, regular birds, insectivores, and herbivores - are the less violent structure of Changeling Society. They are the healers, the builders, the scouts, and the last defense. They are the greater bulk of the society, and while they are not as dominant, they aren't really known to let themselves be pushed around, either. Changeling Prey are crafty, witty, and fast, and they have some abilities that the predators do not.

Due to their different abilities as well as their very nature, their clan structures are a tiny bit different. They are as follows.

Chang/Ulfric
The Leader
Like the predator clans, the Changeling Prey must have a leader, be they male, female, or both. Unlike the predators, however, the leader of the prey clans depends on who is the most level-headed instead of the most dominant. Who is able to peaceably lead, govern the law to their people, and keep order within the entirety of the clan structure? These Changelings are often the ones who speak directly to the predator clans for their people and are very capable of caring for themselves. They are also typically the most uniquely gifted.

Beta
Second in Command
A Beta is a guardian of the leader, and they are the second highest ranking in the clan. Like the leader, the Beta must be able to think with a calm and clear mind, think on their feet, and keep stability within the clan. They are also the ones who take over when the leader is out on business. They are often very talented, and their loyalty to their clan knows no bounds. Like the predator clans, there can be up to five Betas for the Changeling prey clans, but there is typically a leader within the Beta rank.

Defenders
The Force Field
What makes Changeling Prey so unique and powerful in their own right is their ability to defend themselves. Unlike the Guardian rank in the predator clans, the Defenders have little to no offensive capabilities. Instead, they are defensive, able to project force fields around themselves and even possibly around others of their clan. They are the wall that keeps danger at bay.

Healers
Changeling Doctors
The most valuable part of all Changeling Prey clans is their healing capabilities. Because only one predator clan has any healing ability whatsoever - and it happens over a long period of time - all Changelings rely on the prey clans to provide healing to everyone else. Due to this, healers are the most respected and protected of the prey ranks. Most clans will have around ten or fifteen healers, but there are some who can have up to fifty at a time. Every prey clan has two or more Healer Leaders, one assigned to the Clan Leader, and a few assigned to the Predator Alphas of the clans surrounding them.

Clan's Share
The Clan Majority
Like the predator clan, prey clans require a majority who can do a little of everything. Few hold special talent or rank, but a clan would not be whole without them. The Clan's Share is the true jack of trades, even within the prey clan, who have a balance of all personalities and skills. They are the ones who do the general labor within the clan, itself. The numbers are unlimited, and with the increasing immortality rate, those numbers are steadily increasing. So far, the biggest prey clan known has over five thousand Clan's Share.

PLAYER LIMITS (So far)

Two Characters per player
Players making an Alpha/Leader or Beta can only have ONE Alpha/Beta. This means a player who has an Alpha/Leader cannot also play a Beta and vice versa.
Limit 5 TOTAL Alphas/Leaders (not including Chroi Chang)
Limit 5 TOTAL Omegas (to balance Alphas. This means that the number of omegas needs to match the number of Alphas.)
Limit 10 TOTAL Betas (not including NPCs)
Limit 12 TOTAL Healers (including Weavers)
Alpha/Leader and Guardian/Defender players can have up to four (4) NPCs to follow their char in this. These are simply characters who do not leave their Alpha/Guardian behind (friends, family, fellow Guardians, etc.) and are played in the background.

Whew, so if ya'll finished reading all of that, good job!

On to the next bit!

This is an original roleplay created by @Mowkie

This is some of the information we have so far and we'd love to get some other opinions about what we have and maybe some possible additions. We also wouldn't mind getting a head count for anyone who'd be interested in playing. We haven't made a sign up thread yet and are still working on it.

There will also be a power list coming soon. But it's still a work in progress.

If you have questions or comments, you can drop a reply here or throw a PM at @Mowkie or @Silver

Rough Cast Claims:
2 Alphas: Mountain Cats (Cougar), and Jungle Cats -> Need an Omega
2 Omega: Mountain Cats (Cougar), and Jungle Cats -> Need an Alpha
3 Leaders: Small Rodents(Rabbit), Herd(Bull), and Birds(Raven) -> Do NOT need an Omega
1 Beta: Small Rodents (Rabbit),
1 Guardian: Bear, Birds (Eagle)
2 Healer: Small Rodents (Sugar Glider), ____

*Keep in Mind: These are not promised, you all still hafta get your apps/bios passed before you're cemented into the role (Even I have to pass)*

Players signed up so far:
@Mowkie
@Silver
@B l u E s
@Where's Tavros
@Requiem
@Vaila
@Gabby
@NeonKity
@Andy
MOWKIE COMMENTS/NOTES
Pay Attention!

*Ahem* Thank you, Beta GM Sparkle Bunny.

My own notes:

-This RP is not for the feint of heart (if you haven't already figured this out)...you'll get some SERIOUS power with a char, but you'll be expected to post regularly and with a decent amount of information in each post (give us something to bounce off of).
-It will be something that allows people to come and go, as we know RT can often get in the way.
-It is meant to be EXTREMELY large, meaning depending on the amount of people joining up, we will need more Beta GMs. We'll be looking for the most reliable players for these positions.
-Clans will be further broken down once I and Beta GM Sparkle Bunny get done with powers (hopefully - we're kind of all over the place right now). Expect an actual sign ups thread no later than two weeks from now!

I won't be limiting this RP to adult audiences...however, teenage players must watch themselves before starting anything that might be considered mature content with adult players. We don't want to go off breaking Iwaku rules.

Now, for some Mowkie notes, particularly on Alphas, but also on other things.

So, as we've already noticed, all Alpha/Leader ranks have ALREADY been claimed (two were already reserved for players who were in the original four years ago), with little else besides a couple of Omegas and...I think a Beta and Guardian. Now, I knew this was going to happen the moment Beta GM Sparkle Bunny asked to put the interest check up. Alphas/Leaders are more desirable for obvious reasons. But do think about the other ranks as well. Those ranks will be easier to play, and they still have a great deal of importance.

Also note that I am going to be extremely nitpicky with Alphas. While with regular characters, I'll expect a few major events in their bio and little more (taking more into the strengths and weaknesses of the char than anything else), I will want every little detail of an Alpha/Leader's biography. I want to make sure that, 1) you are dedicated enough to create a character that cannot simply walk out of a story, 2) you understand what it means to be Alpha/Leader and all the sacrifices made, and 3) your character actually FITS with the qualifications needed to be Alpha/Leader (Alphas will have a dominant, somewhat violent approach to leading; Leaders will have a more reasonable head and think long and hard about the needs of the many over the needs of the few). I'll want more overall detail in your character sheet...I don't expect much in the way of personality, appearance, and things like that...give me a picture, and I'm golden, and personality needs only a brief description and doesn't have to be spot on. What I'll worry more on is strengths and weaknesses - your ability to make a powerful character without making them too powerful. I'm a stickler for balance. So, if character sheet making is not your strong suit, and you think you won't be able to pull this off, I recommend thinking about the lower ranks as well. Of course, we still have a little less than two weeks before signups will be up, as Beta GM Sparkle Bunny and I have to still work on a great deal of kinks (including powers, plot calendar, territories, etc.). You'll have to be patient with us.

Which brings me to my next topic of discussion.

We posted this interest check for one MAJOR purpose: to gather more ideas. Yeah, we wanted a basic head count to see who would be up for playing in this post-apocalyptic world. But more importantly, we wanted more minds in on this to give ideas as to what would make this EVEN BETTER. It's great that you guys are excited and want to sign up, like now. But you're gonna have to wait for us to finish this up. It's a MASSIVE project, if you haven't already figured out, and right now, there's only two of us (with Gabby on the side giving tips from her own lycanthrope/changeling RPs), so it's gonna take a while. In the meantime, while you guys wait, please give us some ideas as to what you'd like to see. What kind of powers would you like? Is there a particular area you may be thinking for your Changeling (and their clan)? What would drive the plot more than just murderous vampires, warring humans, and a strange virus killing Changelings and making them even more dangerous to others? Anything and everything is appreciated.

Mowkie comments over for now. Happy RPing, everyone! :3

------------------------------------------------
B l u E s said:
Yeha captain!!!
I want to know how the clans will interact tbh?

Like will some of my character be stuck to interact with just their clan members?

Will there be an event that will kill off half of the changeling population (like a genocide) which will make some changelings of different races work together?

Can we have more precision on how those zombies are... Do they have different skills? (Like runners, crawlers, etc etc) and are they everywhere? Is that why clans need guardians?

As for the vampires... Do changeling see them? Do they leave their HQ?
Gabby said:
When we first did this roleplay, all of the clans/packs were meeting together to go to war. We all interacted while there. Also, understand, being they are now all changelings, anyone can be a true mate to anyone. For example, first time around, Jag, the alpha of the jungle cats since all of it began, was revealed to be the true mate to....a tiger. He's a jaguar lycan turned changeling. Sure, the jungle cats will have three characters being played, but where would be the fun in that? This is all about the interaction, and that means all of us.
So, Gabby secured most of this pretty soundly. The first attempt was massive - Dragon actually summoned all of the clans - not just Alphas and Betas, but ENTIRE clans. This time, it won't really go down that way. This time, she'll only be calling to those she's picked out for this mission. But clans interact mostly through trading and bartering, protection, and sometimes even sending members to stay with different clans. There's also a LOT of festivals. Every full moon, the Changelings celebrate their old god, the Leviathan, and the fact that they're not controlled by the moon. Some clans (mainly the protected prey clans joining the predators that protect them) even join others to celebrate together! There's definitely interspecies relations as well. While I haven't given info on the Beast Mate system yet, you'll all soon come to learn that there's a special version of beast soul mates - and it can be even between Changelings whose animals would be natural enemies otherwise. ^^ So, short answer to your question is no. You will never be limited to just your clan, though each char is expected to stay within the clan territory during certain times of the month.

Changelings are expected to work together, already...there have been conflicts in the past, of course, but Changeling Law strictly prohibits the killing of another Changeling...so of course, they often get solved by bringing in a mediator. You won't see them at each others' throats easily (at least, not while Dragon is watching over them)...I plan to have a great deal of Changelings die during this - the virus will kill many and bring them back as deadly creatures. Many clans will have to band together in ways they never have before, and we plan to put this into perspective for sure.

The Risen (our zombies) are simple shamblers for most of the year. Only during one day of the year are they deadly (which is April 21st) even to Changelings. And those zombies are like nothing you would see in movies. We're talking about undead that are able to easily tear apart even some of the most powerful Changelings in minutes. I don't want to give a ton of information on them as of yet, though, as I want some surprises for you guys. XD

For the vampires, all I can say is we will see them. We will fight them. But where or how, I cannot reveal at this time. SPOILERS! XDXD

Where's Tavros said:
Firstly I want to know the extent of these powers they're allowed to have, cause you mentioned forcefields so I need to know.

Secondly, I think there should be a major altercation between a prey clan and predator clan due to some kind of incident where someone loses their life to something that should have been prevented, would be made even cooler if the prey clan was one that could be considered physically as powerful as the predator clan so there's more tension than what would be usual.

Thirdly, I'll reiterate the question about needing information on the risen and their abilities so I understand what we're up against, as well as the question of vampires.

Fourthly, some natural disaster that tears apart the home of a particular clan should happen that forces that clan to temporarily move in with another clan for a temporary time period, causing issues in leadership, would be interesting if it was combined with my earlier suggestion.

Fifthly, what the fuck do they eat?
Silver said:
To the first point: power lists are still under development. We'll gt back to you on that ;)

That second and fourth ideas are an interesting and we will definitely put them under consideration.

For the Risen: to my understanding, most of the time they're pretty harmless, typical zombies. Except for on one day of the year in which they get hella stronger enough so that ALL Changelings hide from them because they wouldn't survive.

Fifth: Food. They eat food. there are still animals that are not changelings about (they're just changed a bit) and plants to harvest.

To everyone: Keep the ideas coming! *smiles*
To answer your first point, as Silver already mentioned, our powers list is under development...and this is something that we'd like any ideas on. I'd love to see anything that you guys come up with! As I already stated, too, there are no limitations on your ideas. For now, you don't really need to know any more, as sign ups aren't for another twelve days.

Silver and I did discuss these ideas, and we're definitely plotting a few different things now that it's been suggested. So, if you have any more scenarios you'd like to mention, please feel free to!

For the vampires and zombies, you need to understand that the Changelings won't have a lot of information on either...other than the facts I've already provided. Changelings know that vampires cannot come out in sunlight, but have many of the same skills as they do (without taking the shapes of animals)...other than that, vampires are very secretive creatures and know how to keep outsiders from gaining more knowledge. Sadly, the character in my history, Nicolao, did not make it all the way home. He died on his way back to his son.

As I'd mentioned through some of the lore and whatnot, there is still a great deal of game. Many of the animals have changed a bit, but they are definitely still hunted and eaten. For the animals that don't eat meat, there's also a TON of fruit and other plants to be eaten. There's also insects for those that prefer such. Many clans will even trade goods depending on what they're good at. So, for example, the cats could trade with some of the bears - meat for berries and fish.

Rainjay said:
*pokes around*

So I was on the fence but I sat down and read your super duper long introduction thingy and I'm thinking, why not try something new...

Plus I'm also a stickler for animal roleplays. God, I hate saying it, but I do have a soft spot for them. And what's absolutely lovely is that this one is a nice mature animal-human roleplay! Rare find! Yay!

But, ah, with things still in development I can't promise promise. Would like to see how plot and powers and character structure comes together first. Plot is important.

Interested, though.
We are DEFINITELY going to get a basic plot calendar up for everyone to see (without giving too much information) when we do sign-ups. So, you can just watch for now, if you'd like. We'll keep you updated, Rainy. <3

Beta GM Sparkle Bunny is building an FAQ for you guys and future players to come back to. We hope it helps, and we hope to see many more ideas! Thank you all for everything so far. <3<3

I'm glad we gave ourselves two weeks to work out the kinks, as we've run into another bit of a snag involving our powers list and IC combat system. With some of the powers we have, we will need an established combat system that keeps everything fair while still allowing players to enjoy the fun of writing out open-ended attack posts during combat.
So, today, I present you all with two choices for a basic combat system.

They are as follows.
We do what I like to call an Open Dice system, where each player will write their attack post in response to the GM combat encounter, and then roll a single 20-sided die. If the die is in your favor (the specifics of which will come later), you land the attack. If not, you either miss or dodge. One of the GMs will respond with the enemy accordingly. This will also apply to attacking other player characters, but you as players are responsible for keeping up with your (and each other's) rolls.

If you don't like that, there is also the Hidden Dice system, where the player writes their open-ended attack in response to a GM combat encounter without rolling any dice. Instead, the GM responding will roll a die (still 20-sided with the same basic system) in the background and respond accordingly. Duelling players do not have to roll dice if they choose not to, but the GM will also not be responsible for any players not playing fairly. If we see you godmodding, of course, we will first warn you...then kick you.
Please put in your vote for which one you would prefer before sign-ups this Friday. That way, Beta GM Sparkle Bunny and I have enough time to get a basic system put out for you guys if needed before the IC. We will have the sign-ups posted for roughly one week (but they will remain open past the opening of the IC as well) before opening the IC, giving us enough time to get the final kinks out of the way. With such a massive project, we want to make sure everything runs smoothly. <3 Thank you all for your patience.

Suggestions from Everyone:
Major alteration between predator prey clan, or certain clans in general. Wound up in death or lingering animosity
Natural disaster strikes in one of the clans regions enough that the clan needs to relocate
Oh, some more possible story events:

- Virus takes over a small, ambiguous clan in one fell swoop without knowing, members of other clans go missing when passing through the area, search party is formed.

- Species of carnivorous weed is discovered, they secret toxic enzymes to digest their prey and the forest in which they grow is a major trade route, so they must be cleared ever so often, it's not rare for death to occur

- Venomous/Poisonous Changeling Species has a disagreement with an Alpha/Leader and goes on a clandestine killing spree and must be tracked and found.

- Two different Alphas fall in love during some sort of gathering, a child is conceived and there are disagreements on what should happen to the two clans whose alphas are involved, as well as the child.

- A member of a species surfaces with a power that should not be possible for them

Some possible power ideas:

-Mass Telepathy -> Reserved for Alphas/Leaders of species that make sense, allows them to "shout" mentally to their clan members in the immediate surrounding (Possibly for my bull, as a way to direct "stampedes" which could be a blitzkrieg tactic employed by the bulkier herd animals in times of strife)

-Empathy Links -> Reserved for mostly prey animals, allows them to form a bond with another changeling temporarily, sharing pain and senses when consenting.

-Juggernauts -> Advanced defenders who can create weaponized forcefields (Static fields, heat fields, icy fields, etc.) that are incredibly difficult to penetrae

-Wild Roar -> Reserved for roaring predators, projects a roar of a low enough frequency to knock most things off their feet and fell some trees.

-Thunderstrike -> Found most commonly in the fastest of animals, releases a large static shock on impact after prolonged movement.

-Tree Speak -> Found most commonly in primate species, allows them to morph and moderately control the plant life, used to create housing.

-Tremor -> Found most commonly in the largest of animals, produces large shock waves in the ground that can knock some off of unsteady footing, produced by a stomp.

-Flashpoint -> Reserved for smaller, easier hidden prey species, allows short bursts of speed that take a lot of energy but can make some impossible escapes very damned possible
Suggestions by @Where's Tavros
FAQ's:
--The zombies?--
Fairly typical zombies, except for once a year where they become the strongest thing on the planet.
(Check Mowkie note # 3)

--Powers--
Under development, however we'd love to hear some suggestions, so feel free to offer them up!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Andy and B l u E s
MOWKIE COMMENTS!

*Ahem* Thank you, Beta GM Sparkle Bunny.

My own notes:

-This RP is not for the feint of heart (if you haven't already figured this out)...you'll get some SERIOUS power with a char, but you'll be expected to post regularly and with a decent amount of information in each post (give us something to bounce off of).
-It will be something that allows people to come and go, as we know RT can often get in the way.
-It is meant to be EXTREMELY large, meaning depending on the amount of people joining up, we will need more Beta GMs. We'll be looking for the most reliable players for these positions.
-Clans will be further broken down once I and Beta GM Sparkle Bunny get done with powers (hopefully - we're kind of all over the place right now). Expect an actual sign ups thread no later than two weeks from now!

HELLA INTERESTED!~

I call dibs on a Bull Alpha :3

Reactions: Silver
Sure thing! Bulls are Leaders, not Alphas, so no Omega will be needed. ^^ If you have friends, be sure to tag them. The more, the merrier!!! XD

Though I do want to know, prey animals that are known for outrageous offensive mechanisms for defense, what sort of place are there for those? Like venomous platypi or certain horned herd animals, and especially elephants (few lions actually mess with elephants unless they're sick).

These animals are typically still run like Prey clans, with that same setup, or spread out and meshed with less aggressive prey animals (for example, the elephants are also found with more skittish animals like gazelles), and most take the role of defender. While they may still be under the protection of some predator clans, they are usually able to care for themselves and only go into trade with the predator clans around them, thus still presenting a Healer to keep the other clans alive and well.

Also: almost all clans are a mesh of certain animals. Which is why we plan to further break down the clan setups for players to get a better idea for the type of Changeling they've chosen.

I'm so up for this!! I wanna take an Alpha.... Maybe as a Lion or some kind of large cat.... And a healer I think!

Thanks for the recommendation @B l u E s

Reactions: B l u E s
I'm so up for this!! I wanna take an Alpha.... Maybe as a Lion or some kind of large cat.... And a healer I think!

Thanks for the recommendation @B l u E s
Welcome girl! U better be active or else I'll hunt you down England! And no more sdo replies omo

Reactions: Vaila
Wow, Alphas are goin' quick.
Okay @Vaila and @B l u E s I added/changed your reservations.
Lions are field cats (So are cheetahs and the like) So if Blue is gonna play Vaila's omega she'll need to make him part of that clan somehow.

Wow, Alphas are goin' quick.
Okay @Vaila and @B l u E s I added/changed your reservations.
Lions are field cats (So are cheetahs and the like) So if Blue is gonna play Vaila's omega she'll need to make him part of that clan somehow.
yup!
But i believe we are taking Mountain Lion's :) We are still discussing!
But for sure those kitties!

and yeah OO_O thats why i told her to shotgun it !

Does anyone who's signed up so far have any suggestions or questions?

yup!
But i believe we are taking Mountain Lion's :) We are still discussing!
But for sure those kitties!

and yeah OO_O thats why i told her to shotgun it !
Oh! Okay, mountain lions wont be in the fields then. That'll put you in mountain cats. (Sorry, I didnt see this until now)

When are sign ups ? XD
They'll be up within two weeks at the latest.

Oh! Okay, mountain lions wont be in the fields then. That'll put you in mountain cats. (Sorry, I didnt see this until now)

They'll be up within two weeks at the latest.
wait, you mean those tiny cats???

cause we want big felines

wait, you mean those tiny cats???

cause we want big felines
No, uhm, if you look at the clans, some predators live with prey animals so they can watch over them. In this case, you'd have smaller cats and big cats races living together. (Like the bears live with bats or penguins depending on which region)

Reactions: B l u E s
No, uhm, if you look at the clans, some predators live with prey animals so they can watch over them. In this case, you'd have smaller cats and big cats races living together. (Like the bears live with bats or penguins depending on which region)
LMAO xD Just ignore her, we would like to choose Mountain Cats!

Status
Not open for further replies.