Celsius Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I C A R U S
{x} location: dorms.
{x} mentioned: --
{x} interactions: Ryland @The Writing Owl, Dorian @Oaken

"Oh, I doubt that--" He had started to giggle again, but it was very hard to respond to Ryland's flirting as Dorian practically plunged his way into the room. It was only the first day, and they already had a broken door. Oh, bother. Icarus' face was still flushed a shade of crimson from Ryland's alluring words, but he couldn't help but ruffle at the newcomer's 'midget' comment. Icarus crossed his arms, giving Dorian a look as the other began to pick splinters out from his ankle. "I'm 5'3", that is not that short." Icarus said, literally puffing his cheeks out in frustration that had soon faded as Dorian soon disappeared to one of the bunks. The red-headed boy literally just rubbed his eyes, having no clue how he was going to survive this year. Between Ryland's smooth talking, and Dorian's destructive, knob-turning hatred, he might just crawl out the window one night and accept the sweet release of death. Well, that was a bit of an exaggeration, but still. He just hoped the last piece of the dorm room puzzle would be relatively calmer. Not that he minded Ryland, but the other was about to make him bury his face in a pillow and squeal like a flustered school girl. Of course, Icarus was above that kind of behavior. Probably.

O P H E L I A
{x} location: wandering.
{x} mentioned: --
{x} interactions: McMurry @Lulunopia

Ophelia quite literally jumped back as McMurry but up one big wall of hot, fire-y 'nope', stumbling back a few feet and looking scared shitless. "Come on Head Mistress, it's just the first day. The other teachers seemed to have everything handled. Besides, I'm bad with kids. They hate me." Ophelia tried to come up with excuses, just letting McMurry move her along as the other began to lead her towards the girl's dorms. Ophelia literally pouted as McMurry spoke about her lack of responsible behavior, blue eyes scanning the hallways for any escape route, but even if she could crawl her way out of this, McMurry's fire death grip would pull her right back in. The girl let out an over-dramatic gasp as McMurry spoke of clubs and sports. "Oh god, no, anything but that. Please. I cannot lead children to do any sort of activity ever. I already have to see them in class. Please don't make me direct a bunch of over-achieving snobs." Ophelia begged as she clasped her hands together, looking up at McMurry with a near puppy-dog eyed plea.

L U C I A N
{x} location: auditorium.
{x} mentioned: Sirius @Lulunopia
{x} interactions: Luke and Jules @Verite

Lucian couldn't help but give a small, pleasant smile as his co-worker's little sister practically bubbled with energy. He had no doubts that she was an light bender like her older brother, if sunshine was a person, it'd most likely be her. She would've done great in his class, maybe actually stab someone on accident.. but that was besides the point. He chuckled at their comments. "I think I could manage it if she was in my class, I've had more energetic students." He said calmly, slipping his hands into his pockets as he spoke. At the mention of the other teacher, the one that had whispered in his ear and left him a flustered, angry mess, Lucian worried his bottom lip for a second. Just the mention of Mr. Kain made him want to go on a five minute rant about how immature he was. Not that he was any better, he had called him a tree, so.. "I think I will. That Mr. Kain will be afraid of me when I'm done talking to him." Lucian said as he crossed his arms. Sure Lucian, sure he will.

Marisol Reyes
In the Courtyard, In Her Dorm Room, @kryptonicangel & @DANAsaur

Despite Alana's attempts, Mari couldn't help but feel a little weirded out. She gave a half-hearted chuckle as she took note of the girl's power. "Ha ha, well my power's actually pretty close to yours. I can control water." The Latina girl shrugged and rocked on her heels. "I'm finding that it's pretty useful in some situations. I'm glad that there are teachers here at the very least that can teach us how to properly control our powers and keep us from getting into too much trouble." Mari gave a smile before turning to glance at the clock in the courtyard. "Oh it's getting late. I should probably head to my dorm. I hope to see you around Alana!" She gave a quick smile and wave before turning and heading off to the girl's dorm.

It wasn't hard to find her dorm room, but staring at the door, Marisol couldn't help but worry about who she was paired up with in the dorms. What if the people in there were annoying, or worse found her annoying. She swallowed, rubbing her hands off on her shorts. It was going to be fine. She just needed to knock and walk in. That's all there was to it. Just walk in. Taking a deep breath, Mari knocked on the door before opening it. Her stuff sat in a neat little pile in the corner, ready to be settled near whichever bed she took. "Hello?" She called, walking in and noticing the pink haired girl on one of the beds. Mari bit her lip, trying to think of the girl's name before deciding to just continue talking. "Um, I'm your new roommate! You can just call me Mari. It's nice to meet you!"

Ryland Davis
In His Dorm Room, @Mysty & @Oaken

Ryland couldn't help but blink in mild surprise as the newcomer called him a "hottie". Normally he was the one to instigate flirting and usually didn't get compliments such as "hottie". However the boy took it in stride as he smirked at the new kid. "Gee, you flatter me! You ain't so bad yourself, hot-stuff. Though I have to disagree with the midget bit concerning our local cardinal. I rather think he's the perfect size. See?" The boy flipped onto Icarus's bed, scooting behind the boy before gently wrapping the red head in a loose hug. Ryland settled his head on Icarus's with a lazy smile. "Perfect size for hugging. Not too short at all." With his point made, Ryland quickly released Icarus and hopped back on his own bed. "Sorry if I made ya uncomfortable or pushed a boundary, spitfire. Just wanted to prove my point. Not that it's all that bad hugging a cutie like you." Ryland winked, settling himself upside down in his bed, crossing his arms behind his back as he hung his head down to better see Icarus and the new guy.

• Love
Reactions: Mysty
McMurry - Location: Girls Dorm --> Her Office - Mood: Annoyed
Interactions - Ophelia @Mysty

Why must she do this now? McMurry thought seeing the dorms in the distance. "Ms. Warren I will not make exceptions for you. If you continue this you will be in charge of a activity no matter what." McMurry stated stopping in front of the girls dorm. "Now since I've brought you here I expect you to watch after the students and make sure they get settled in. "Also remember to get all the students to dinner in...2 hours." With that McMurry walked off towards her office. What would cause a teacher to act the way she does McMurry would never understand.

Entering her office McMurry let out a sigh of relief to, hopefully, finally get some paperwork done. Though faith was not on her side as on her desk was a red envelope. Looking at it for a moment McMurry contemplated weather to open it or not. Carefully she picked up the envelope and examined it. Nothing out of the ordinary, McMurry thought turning it over. I see it's from him.

Sirius Kain - Location: Boy's Dorm 6 - Mood: Amused
Interactions - Icuras @Mysty, Dorian @Oaken, Ryland @The Writing Owl

Sirius watched the students talk amongst them selves. Laughing slightly when Ryland commented on Icarus's height. It seemed that Ryland might have taken a quick liking to Icarus seeing as he's constantly flirting with him, but hey he's only a teacher not a counselor. "Sorry to break it to ya but, I'm a teacher though I wouldn't mind rooming with you guys. You seem cool." Sirius joked. He wasn't serious about rooming with them, he has his own room all to himself. Not to mention it's be shorty. Sirius smirked at the thought of his short colleague. It'll be fun messing with him all year, Sirius's smirk widened at the thought. "Well I need to go check on the other students. I'll see you guys at dinner, which is in about 2 hours. See ya," Sirius walked out the broken door making a note that it needed to be fixed as he walked around the boys dorm.

Sarah Louise - Location: Waking to Dorms - Mood: Annoyed
Interactions - Evangeline @Wanderlust

Sarah let a huge sigh as the teacher kept asking questions. Can't she take a hint? Ignoring the teacher Sarah spotted the Dorms in the distance, deciding it best not to give the teacher too much trouble she went straight for the girls dorm. "My names Sarah and just so you know I'm a first year." Sarah said in a very annoyed voice before disappearing upstairs. Passing by many doors Sarah arrived at hers, though she did pass two other students along her way. "Ugh pink" Sarah groaned dropping on the closest bed claiming it hers.

Rosalie Keller - Location: Girls Dorm 4 - Mood: Excited
Interactions - Anastasia @Wanderlust

Smiling Rose watched Ana look around in awe. Slightly giggling Rose commented, "It dose have a nice view! Plus you can see the sun rise from here which is awesome!" Jumping around Rose came in front of Ana asking seriously, "You'll be my friend right?" Realizing what she had just said Rose jumped away from Ana stuttering, "Y-you don't have to I-I mean I just though th-that since we'er in the same room we co-could be friends." Looking at the ground Rose hoped she didn't lose a chance at making a friend, but what if she did. Oh no what have I done, Rose thought her mood getting more depressed.

Lilith Mouse - Location: Girls Dorm - Mood: Happy
Interaction: N/A
Lilith walked into the girls dorm thoughts of lessons in her mind. She still can't wait for tomorrow when classes start. Though she still has no idea what to start with. Sighing Lilith walked to the teacher section of the dorms. Might as well start planning dinner starts soon, Lilith thinks opening her own privet dorm. She looked around as she closed the door. It was a studio apartment with a bathroom of to the side. Thanks to it being in the same house as the girls dorms it made it easier to keep them in line. Walking the the dinning table Lilith sat down, taking of her satchel and grabbing her planner, she started working on upcoming lessons.

Reactions: Oaken
Avalon Castello|18|Heading to dorms|Interaction: x |

Avalon ran her fingers through her long blonde locks. Orientation was a joke, the same speech every year. You would think after being here four years they would let you go right to your dorms. Students with wide eyes began filing out of the commons following none other than Lillith. Avalon stayed near the back and followed the small woman to the dorms.

If it were up to Avalon she wouldn't be here in the first place. She is only at this school to stay with her sister. She didn't know what she would do next year when she couldn't be here. She and Willow had to stay together. They only have each other. Avalon was already peeved that they seperated them in the dorms. She was in room four. She searched the crowd for her sister only to see her disappearing after the head mistress. Avalon shook her head and chuckled. Willow always did know how to get into trouble.

Avalon kept her eyes forward and averted. Anytime anyone looked at her they were met with a harsh steely glare. She wasn't in the mood for interaction. She would follow the crowd just like a sheep would follow their flock. Time to meet her new roommates.

••••••

Willow Castello|14|Following Headmistress| Interactions: Ophelia @Mysty|

Willow bouncer up and down trying to see above the other students heads. Her light blue eyes scanned everyone. She wanted to learn everyone's names, likes and befriend them.

Groups started breaking up and students started heading towards their dorms. Willow kept her eyes peeled for the new teacher but didn't see her. She noticed the head mistress frown, what could that be? Willow crept through the crowd and followed the head mistress the opposite way of the students. If there was one thing Willow loved it was snooping around. She stayed in the shadows and out of view. She listened and stayed silent as the head mistress and offense teacher exchanged words. She didn't want to be caught by the head mistress, good thing she was hidden.

Once headmistress was gone Willow popped out from behind the brick pillar she took cover behind. "Hey!" Willow chirped. "I'm Willow, Willow Castello." She beamed at the teacher. Willow couldn't contain her excitement as she met the new teacher. She heard rumor there was a new teacher who controls water. Willow has never met anyone else who controls water because her sister controls ice and she is the only powered person she interacts with.

"I'll join your club. And your class is my favorite! I control water too, except I'm not good at it yet. You're pretty. I heard you are new here. I like all my teachers. Wanna be friends? My favorite color is blue. Head Mistress McMurry is pretty scary. Wanna walk me to my dorm?" Willow started babbling, a habit she got into when she was overly excited. She stopped talking and waited for the teacher to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ren(e) Toussaint
Date: January 5, 2015

Mentioned: Cordelia (DANuasr), Jules (Verite)
Interactions: None

Mrs. McMurry's speech was the same every year. Except this year she was obviously trying to remind everyone not to repeat the mistakes of last year. His eyes slid to the side a little as if guilty for having gotten in a fight or two. So many boring detentions spent alone – so much time wasted in doing so. Though he was pretty sure he was not the reason that some of their teachers had left. His gaze returned to the audience in front of him. From his seat here in the back, he could see pretty much everyone. Many faces were familiar, but there were also new ones. Those who didn't look bored looked nervous and antsy instead. Rene considered himself to be a part of the first group, labeled himself bored, and crossed his arms over his stomach as he waited for the speech to end. The end meant he could go back to his room and work. His new schedule was already folded up and tucked into his pocket. He had reviewed it briefly, but would go over it again when he made it back to his room. Finally, they were released from this place and he stood carefully, stuffing his hands in his pockets and starting to meander his way out. On the way, he noticed a few things, or rather – people. The 3rd​ year girl Cordelia was hitting on another 3rd​ year girl who was just a bit smaller than her. Cordelia was obviously trying to drag the other girl's head out of the clouds and into the gutter. That sight was only followed by the sight of more flirting - people winking at each other and other coquettish actions. He was not familiar with flirting much himself but he saw it here very often.

Turning away from the crowds of students and teachers, Rene wandered off down the hall in the direction of his dorm room. He noticed a couple confused-looking students wandering but they all either took off too quickly or got help from someone else before he could even have the chance to offer. His trip back to the dorm became rather dull and was uninterrupted by anyone. Whether this was a good thing or not remained to be seen. When Rene reached his room, he glanced about to see if anyone else was there. Yet the four-person room was as barren as the year before and his things were the only items it housed. Alone again, just like last year. Maybe he was cursed. Or maybe this was a blessing – who knew? He pulled his schedule from his pocket and tossed it onto his bed, one of the larger ones on the bottom against the wall so he could look out the window. Same room as last year, which made sense considering that he stayed here during small holidays. It was too much of a hassle to go back home when he had so little time. Rene reviewed his schedule and then dropped it inside the backpack sitting next to his bed. Despite having the whole room to himself, he still tended to keep to his own little area and never really spread out. Maybe he should change that this year – take up more space, stretch his legs, so to speak. He peered around the room thoughtfully and then experimentally dropped down onto the other bed on floor level, bouncing up and down a little to test it.

Jamie Vargas
Mentioned: Rene Toussaint @SoleStride
Interactions: Rene Toussaint @SoleStride

Jamie listened to Mrs. Murry's speech with the familiar excitement and nervousness. This year, he was moving dorm rooms. Maybe they were putting him into a room by himself again. Oh, he was torn between wanting a new roommate and wanting to be by himself. Hopefully, if he had a roommate, he could convince the other boy that he could have plants in the room. It made him feel better, and besides, you never knew when you would need a plant for something.

He had sort of drifted, not really making friends and focusing on his clubs more than anything. He helped write and managed the school newspaper and worked for hours with the Gardening Club. It was kind of cheating, really, but he could use his powers there and do something that he really loved. There were so many clubs at the school and he did want to join half of them but then he realized that he couldn't. So he finally decided on the Gardening Club and the School Newspaper because it made him miss his mom a little less. Maybe this year he would actually make friends at the school. Maybe even get a boyfriend. Oh, every man at the school around his age somehow managed to be hot. It was so unfair sometimes.

Finally, while clutching his map and his schedule, he went to find his new room number, room number 7. After religiously following the map so he wouldnt get lost, he came upon the door. Oh geez, his stomach was wriggling with butterflies at how nervous he was. He stopped for a moment and mentally cheered himself on with a you can do this, you feel great, you can do this! Then, he stepped into the room and was floored by the handsome roommate he had. Dammit. This was not time for his brain to supply him with facts about how his new roommate looked. "Hi! I'm Jamie! It's nice to meet you! I suppose I am your roommate this term." He held out a hand for the other boy to shake, hoping fiercely that the other boy would shake his hand. The only thing really betraying his nervousness was his schedule and map clutched tightly in his hand.

Last edited:
Vi Callary - Location: Girls Dorm - Interactions: None

Vi continued climbing the stairs not paying much attention to the other girls. Vi saw them round the corner and head towards the rooms. Reaching the midway landing of the stairs Vi's foot hit the final step causing her to trip and fall forward towards the ground, quickly she held up her arm and formed a small ice shield to dampen the fall. Vi's newly formed ice shield hit a small table and broke one of the legs off. Vi composed herself and assessed the damage to the table. "Shit! Uh okay I can fix this..." Vi grabbed the broken table leg and tried her best to reattach it to the table to no avail. Vi held the broken leg in place and froze it to the table "Okay that should buy me some time, lets just hope no teacher realizes it was me." Vi gathered her things and quickly made her way to her dorm.

Vi Callary - Location: Girls Dorm 4 - Interactions: @Wanderlust , @Lulunopia

Finally making it to her dorm Vi opened the door not knowing what to expect. To her surprise she saw the two girls from the stairs in the dorm looking out the window. Vi cleared her throat to get their attention "Hi! I take it you two are my new roommates for the year! I'm Vi I'm a 4th year here. Nice to meet you!" Whilst talking Vi threw her bag onto the nearest bed and removed her jacket and threw it onto her bag.

Ren(e) Toussaint

Mentioned: None
Interactions: Jaime Vargas @slifer

The sound of footsteps nearby drew his attention. It could be anyone, but the last person he expected it to be was a roommate. The familiar click of a door opening made the boy look up, his hair falling into his green eyes as he did so. His previous act of bouncing on the bed came to a slow stop as someone entered the room. He thought he recognized the face but couldn't be certain. Being so closed off didn't really help him make friends. Jamie, as the new boy introduced himself, looked close to the same age, but he was obviously nervous about something. His hands were gripping his papers pretty tightly.

Rene wanted to give him a kind expression possibly to help calm the guy down but his own face was forever mean-looking with his naturally narrowed eyes. Though they did widen a little in shock considering this guy just said he was his roommate - a huge surprise. "Ah.." Rene stood from the bed that was not his a bit awkwardly and reached out, grabbing Jaime's hand when it was offered and shaking it once before letting go. "I'm Rene. A fourth year." His French accent was evident but not troublesome enough that his new bunk mate would not understand him. "I prefer Ren."

He stepped away from the bed, gesturing to it meekly. "I was just... Testing it out." He then gestured to his own bottom bunk against the corner wall. "That one is mine. All the others are free so pick any one you want." After saying so, he pushed his hands into his pockets and backed toward his own bed, nudging his backpack further into his own area with his foot as he went, trying to keep it out of the new guy's way. He was not used to having a roommate so he was already feeling a little self-conscious though it would not show on his stoic expression. And he did not know how to be friendly since few people approached him and those that did tended to talk enough for the both of them.

Last edited:
Jamie Vargas
Mentioned: Rene Toussaint @SoleStride
Interaction: Rene Toussaint @SoleStride
Jamie shook his hand eagerly, looking relieved, even though Ren seemed not that willing to talk to him, even though the other boy pulled his hand back seemingly too quickly. That was alright though. He wasn't upset about it. Maybe Ren just needed time to adjust to a roommate. "Hey Ren, can I put some plants in the room? I love plants." He went over to his duffle bag and pulled out a small pot, a little baggie of soil, some seeds, and a small bottle of water. He quickly put some dirt in the pot, put a seed inside, and covered it up. He set it on the floor and put out a hand, concentrating. This was the easiest part of using his magic, was bringing a new plant into exsistence. For a moment, nothing happened, and then a green shoot appeared out of the dirt, slowly but visibly. It was about six inches tall before he stopped, content with the life he had brought forth. The comforting presence of a plant was there now, at the back of his conciousness, and that made him feel better. With a soft grin directed at the plant he put it in the corner before looking at the beds. He wanted to be close to his plant as possible, so he chose the bed that was on top of Ren's. He slung his duffle bag over his shoulder before climbing up the ladder and plopping onto his new bed. For a while, the bed's height might be weird, but he could get used to it.

He dropped his bag down on his bed before peering over the side to look at his hot new roommate. "So Ren, what powers do you have? Mine are plant powers. I can make a mean herbal tea if you need it." He looked down at the other man expectantly, waiting for an answer. It was easier to talk to someone after the first introduction. Sometimes, he psyched himself out at the prospect of meeting a new person.​

Last edited:
Ren(e) Toussaint

Rene assumed, as soon as Jaime mentioned loving plants, that he was a Green Thumb – Rene's own little title for the plant elementals. He watched silently for a while as the boy potted his seed and then forced it to grow a bit. Apparently, not only could this kid make plants grow, but he also seemed to be very comforted by them – which was made obvious by his pleased and relaxed smile after the green shoot had grown enough to be visible. While Jaime was doing that, Ren was plopping down onto his own bed and watching since he had nothing else to do and that talent had always amazed him. Honestly, he was quite jealous of that ability. It was limiting at times but to be able to create life that way was… astounding really. He blinked himself out of his thoughts when he heard something hit the bed above him, looking up to see that Jaime had thrown his duffle up there. He thought it a bit strange that he would choose the closest bed; most guys would choose to be further away. But he shrugged it off and tilted his head back to look up when Jaime looked down at Ren from above.

This guy… he kind of talked a lot. But that was alright; it was kind of nice that someone was actually trying to converse with him. "I'm an air elemental." Jaime's plant would give off oxygen so it would be nice for both of them to have it there. It was curious how Rene had never thought about getting a plant before now. It brightened up the room a bit. He was quiet for a minute in thought. If Jaime offered to make tea, did it mean that he himself wanted some? Or was he just trying to find a way to connect? Rene wasn't sure. After a minute or so, he tilted his head back again to look at the new guy. "I like tea." Was his ineloquent response. If Jaime wanted to make tea, he could do so; if not, that was fine too. Though now he was kind of curious as to what kind of tea a plant elemental could make – it was probably marvelous and delicious and healthy as well.

Last edited:
Jamie Vargas
Boy's Dorm, Room 7

"Oh, you're an air elemental! That's so cool! I heard that if you're powers are developed enough you could learn how to fly!" Jamie replied, thinking of how cool his roommate was. That meant his plant could stay since it would totally benefit both Ren and himself. Then, his head disappeared for a moment as he went to take the bags of herbs and such out of his bag that were great for making teas. " I can make you some really nice teas, like a peppermint strawberry tea that's pretty amazing. They keep you healthy and they make you feel good when you're sick. Though if you're allergic to something, tell me before I accidentally poison you." Of course, he had clothes and other stuff in his bag but plants were his thing. At least after coming to the school he had become a ton better at using his magic. It also made him look cool too.

"So, what kind of things do you do here? I'm not really part of a sports team but I am part of the Gardening Club and the School Newspaper. I mean, sports sound fun but I think I would need to have a friend on the team to actually be motivated enough to play a sport." Hie head was back over the edge of the bed so he could stare at Ren while talking to him. It wasn't like the other boy was ugly or anything. Dammit, he was being such a dork, especially since Ren was actually responding to him and being friendly. He decided to relax fully on his bed for now, which meant taking off his sneakers. He pulled them off and climbed down the ladder awkwardly with one hand. His sneakers, which happened to be in between new and old, went into the corner, near his plant. He could always unpack his things later, although his side of the closet would look more like an apothecary rather than a closet. His family wasn't exactly poor but they weren't rich either. Plants were expensive to maintain and it showed in his closet. It was either have a bunch of clothes or have a bunch of plants and plants called to him in a way clothes never could.

Ren(e) Toussaint

Interactions: Jaime Vargas
@slifer

"Yeah…" Came Ren's weak response to Jaime's comment about flying. He had flown with his abilities before. By accident. Into walls. And on accident. And into a lake once. Rene looked away, his own way of hiding his embarrassment for not being at the level yet where he could control himself better. He just came on too strong – his powers always burst forth without restraint and it was hard to tame. Rene looked back up when Jamie began discussing what herbs he could use for his tea. It looked like the guy was serious about making them tea and Ren was grateful that the flying subject had been dropped so quickly. "Peppermint… strawberry...?" He muttered in confusion. He had never once heard of that combination before. But the way that his roommate went on about it made it sound like it was really good. Now he kind of wanted to try it. "I'm not allergic to anything." What a considerate kid, already asking about allergies. But thinking about it now, who better to use poison as a method for killing someone than a plant elemental. Interesting thought. He pushed that into the back of his mind for later.

Then Jamie was talking again, asking him about his school activities and things. He was not the least bit surprised that this guy was in the Gardening Club. And the way he was already gathering information about Ren made him think that the Newspaper was probably a fit as well. "I'm the pitcher for the school's Baseball team." In fact, they were still looking for a catcher. It would be nice to have a trusty catcher to pitch to. If they got the same guy as last year, he would at least be familiar, but who knew really. "I'm not in any clubs." This was kind of nice. Rene didn't even have to try to break out of his shell and ask any questions about his new roommate. The guy was doing all the talking for them both. These were the kind of people he liked being around. Perhaps this rooming arrangement would do just fine. Yeah, he had a good feeling about this. He stood and moved to the window to open it a little bit, enjoying the nice breeze that rolled in through the gape. It also gave him enough distance from the new roommate so that he could lean back against the window and actually look at the kid while he spoke. Well… "look" at him. His eyes were shielded by his unruly bangs, but Jamie would be able to see just a hint of emerald green peering out from behind the jet black mess.

Last edited:
Jamie Vargas
Boy's Dorm, Room 7
Mentions: None

"Maybe I'll do a section on the Baseball team again. That would be interesting since half the paper is about clubs and sports. I'll make sure to talk to you. It'll be easier since you're now my roommate." Jamie had a list of every club and sports teams that the paper covered, which was literally every one that the school had. He would make sure to put himself on the baseball team story because daaaaamn. He could see a glint of green in between the black bangs that covered the other boy's eyes. Why did his probably straight roomate have to have the combination that he was the most attracted to. Damn it. Of course his roommate had to be stunning. Hot people were harder to talk to and this one would be changing in front of him in the future. He was sure that his head would eventually explode but that was for another time. He had to get a grip on himself. Now, he just had to learn about his new roommate so he wouldn't start any conflicts with the guy.

"So what electives do you have? Mine are healing and hand to hand combat. I'm not exactly an archery kind of person, nor am I a sword fighter. I might as well go with my strengths." Ren was answering his questions so he might as well continue on with the questions. He did want to make friends with his roommate and he did want to be able to have someone to talk to. Ren was a bit quiet though. "I can also make some food. I've gotten better at cooking. What do you like to do?" This question was a little more directed at him, to make sure that Ren legitimately wanted to talk to him and wasn't taking pity on him or anything. There was so much he just wanted to know about Ren, especially since he was really his first roommate and the first person that seemed to be reasonably interested in being friends with him. Wait, was he? Was he getting humored by Ren? It had happened before and he was scared of it happening again. No, he couldn't be like that. This was fine. Ren was fine. He had a new roommate and he couldn't let nervousness and a past awful person color Ren in his eyes. With that, he decided to shift around a bit. So he dangled his legs off of the side of the bed since Ren wasn't underneath him anymore.

*Jack had already moved in, taking the bed by the window. He'd set up his desktop PC, and neatly laid out various bits of ironwork, even taking the time to mount the clothesrack he'd made. All his knives he kept in a separate leather case, it wasn't good to have them out in the open. He'd stowed his disassembled forge safely outside, along with a couple spare tanks of propane, and covered it. The uninitiated would think such a setup took up a lot of space, but it really only occupied a small sheltered corner of the latticed area out behind the boy's dorms*

*With his obligations out of the way, he moved to an isolated area of the quad to practice some of his martial arts routines until dinner. At first he moved slow, concentrating on his form, trying to remove all the distractions from his mind. All the things that seemed to motivate everyone else that just made him uncomfortable. The only visible indicator there was something more to him was the grass subtly shifting under him in the breeze as he moved. In the other seasons it was different. Then, the leaves, snow, and petals would dance as he moved, but now it was just the grass*

*As the worldly cares started to drift away, the real questions began coming. It was the second time he'd heard the speech, but now that he was accustomed to this place, it was the first time he really thought about it. Why was there a barrier around campus? They had explained "the war" but had they explained everything? Or was there information the were holding back for the students' safety? Exactly what does the barrier keep out? Who specifically could be lurking out there, trying to twist adepts to their own purposes? How did they do so... and could they be stopped? He didn't approve of being kept somewhere "for his safety", and the more he thought about it, the more frustrated he became. His movements became sharper, and his strikes became faster, and soon concussive distortions in the air started appearing at the ends of them*

*He'd made quite a name for himself last year. The freshman that had given many of the now-graduated seniors a run for their money. He'd only had one real use of his power, but it was one that he had such control and precision over that it was like a second nature to him. But it had also given him a reputation of being hard to approach, so he hadn't really made any friends last year*

Ren(e) Toussaint

@slifer

Ren crossed one ankle over the other, pushing his hands into his pockets and keeping his backside leaned against the window frame. Jamie was a really curious guy, huh? He wasn't used to being asked so many questions. Also, the idea of the newspaper doing another article on the baseball team was a tad worrisome. It always made Ren nervous when the newspaper people tried to talk to him and asked him a lot of questions. Even if they were just students from this school, it was still nerve-wracking. He vaguely remembered last year. When they came to talk to him about a baseball article for the paper he stuttered on a few words, then accidentally slipped into speaking French before just walking away in a sad attempt to hide his embarrassment. They ended up not putting anything he said into the school newspaper thankfully. Whichever kind soul that interviewed him must have known he was uncomfortable. Rene said nothing about this now. He would hate to dash Jamie's hopes and who knew – maybe Ren would be able to speak better with someone he was more familiar with. If it happened, he would just have to work his hardest.

"I also have Healing and Hand-to-Hand." He stated, pushing his long black sleeves up a bit on his arms as he was starting to get a little warm. "It seems we'll have many classes together." Rene nodded a little bit to himself in thought. Maybe they could even study together for those classes? That would be nice. "I wanted to do Archery as well, but it conflicted with the Hand-to-Hand Combat time slot." Ren was good and Hand-to-Hand Combat so he decided to stick with it. He had not done healing before though, so it would be new to him this year. "This is my first time in the Healing course."

At Jamie's last question, Rene had to think a bit about it. He liked music – liked to sing, but he would never admit that. He liked baseball, but that was obvious and he had already told Jamie that he was on the baseball team. Hmm. What was something he liked that he could actually share it to help the conversation while also avoiding any weirdness? "I…" Uh… what could he say? "I like boxing… and…board games." Was that weird? "I'm bad at cooking." He added, letting his roommate know that he would not be making them any meals in the future unless he liked his food burnt or undercooked – there was never any in-between.

Ori - Location Boys Dorm #8 - Interactions @Oaken, @kryptonicangel, and @DustBunny

Ori arrived at his new dorm room seeing his 3 roommates already there. One on a bed, and the other two in some type of conversation. The room was very dark, Ori flicked the light switch at the entrance of the room to no avail. "Huh that's weird..." Ori closed the door behind him and placed his bag and sketch book onto one of the nearby beds. Ori opened his bag and took out 3 items; a small pot, a bag of dirt, and a bag of seeds. Ori carefully emptied the dirt into the pot making sure not to spill any dirt on the bed, Ori then took out two seeds and placed them in the dirt. Finally Ori took his water bottle and poured the remaining amount into the pot before placing the pot on a nearby shelf. After cleaning up any mess he made he walked over to the two conversing. "Hi! I'm Ori! How're you two? Sorry about that, I wanted to get that planted before I forgot!"

Jamie Vargas
Boy's Dorm Room 7
Interaction: Rene Toussaint @SoleStride
"If it's really a problem then write down what you want to say and give it to me. I'm the vice president of the newspaper and it's my job to edit everything. I can easily put in anything you want me to or take it out. The paper runs with integrity but that's really because I control the paper. Which means I write a lot of articles myself. Which is why I ask people to send in stuff they want in the paper. There are only two members on the newspaper so far and one of them is me. (I checked. There is only one other person on the paper.) So I make all executive desicions. Which means splitting in half the various clubs and teams and editing most of the paper. We both take the pictures until someone else comes along who will fill those slots. Wait, I am going off topic. A lot of people don't like to talk to an interviewer so I let them write down their answer. The other reporter must not do that. I'll talk to her later." Damn it, he was blabbing a lot for a reporter. He wasn't prepared though so he was saying things off the top of his head.

"That's so cool! I'll actually know someone in my classes for once. I took Archery and Swordfighting one term and I hated it. I couldn't do well at all in the class. It was was upsetting. Oh maybe we could study together! I never had a study buddy before." Ren was answering his questions. That meant he wanted to be friends! "I can help you in the Healing course and you can help me with the Hand to Hand Combat course. Oh, also I have some board games from home. They're brand new since I never had anyone to play with. I have the usual ones like Clue and Life but I also brough Of Mice and Mystics and Qwirkle if you want. With cooking,I tend to make at least two portions so I can just make you one if you'd like." Oh this term was looking like it was going to be amazing right off the bat. Hopefully it would be just him and Ren in the room although this term it didn't seem all that likely. He did want herb space. "Hey, do you know any place that has jobs in the area?" Jamie asked with a shrug. He did need a new shirt since he had two pairs of pants, two shirts, two pairs of sneakers and two hoodies. Maybe he needed some more clothes or more seed money. He could go to a store and easily revive a cheap plant that was dying to save money.

Ren(e) Toussaint

So it was obvious that he was nervous about talking to the newspaper people. Had he ever felt more uncool than right now? Hmm... Nope. It was so easy to just seem like a loner and have no one bother him, but now he looked like a nervous, anxiety-driven guy with some sort of social disorder. Jamie made it clear that he could see Rene's insecurities, which made him wonder if he really wore his heart on his sleeve or if Jamie was just good as picking that stuff up. Luckily, Ren didn't really need to make any response about it since Jamie was talking one hundred miles per hour about how they could work around the issue. Ren continued to stare at the other boy, his narrow eyes slightly wide in astonishment at how fast and how much the other guy was talking. And so easily it seemed, even with someone like himself. Though all the talking made him wonder if Jamie was actually stressed or anxious and felt he needed to converse to smooth it out.

Just as Jamie was getting his question out about job-hunting, Ren took a long stride toward the bed where his roommate sat and reached up with one long arm to gently place his hand over the other boy's mouth to stop any further flow of words. All this socializing was kind of making him fatigued, as nice as it was. After doing so, he realized that it was probably a socially inappropriate move to make so he let his hand drop back down to his side. "I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat in town." He stepped away from the bed, grabbing his wallet out of his bag and stuffing it in his back pocket. This was his way of continuing to hang out with his new roommate and killing a few birds with one stone. They could still hang out and talk, he could show Jamie the town where he could find work or whatever else he wanted, and they could get some food because Ren truly was hungry. Three birds with one stone. Rene moved to the door, waiting for Jamie to come too. As if it had never even crossed his mind that Jamie might refuse.

Last edited:
(Sorry for the inability to change colors and such. I am on my phone for this post.)

Jamie Vargas
Boy's Dorm, Room 7

Jamie's eyes widened as Ren put his hand over his mouth to shut him up. Boy was that an effective silencer alright. Ren was touching him voluntarily and it brought all sorts of thoughts into his head, the most prominent being REN WAS TOUCHING ME. That thought was screaming in his head. When Ren lowered his hand, he had to duck his head to hide the blush that had engulfed his face in red. "I'm coming. Just...give me a minute." His voice had gone an octave higher for a couple of words as he struggled to get back to normal. Ren wanted to hang out with him. In public. Maybe he did want to be with him after all. Jamie dug into his bag and pulled out his own pathetic wallet that contained ten bucks as well as his room key. He hoped his wallet had ten bucks inside of it. Money had been tight lately which meant job searching was a must. He slipped a packet of seeds into his pocket as well before clambering down the ladder. He slipped on his sneakers before joining Ren at the door.

"I don't know the area well. I don't go outside the school that often." With that said, he followed Ren eagerly outside. At that point, Ren could lead him to a deserted place to kill him and he would be totally ok with it.

He was hungry too, which was obvious, because his stomach had started to growl loudly. He couldn't afford to buy breakfast that morning and to arrive at the academy on time, he couldn't even pour himself a bowl of cereal at home. Well, he couldn't afford much to eat but he could have something. He hoped Ren didn't go anywhere fancy because if he did he couldn't afford to eat. At least his face felt back to normal now.

Ren(e) Toussaint

@slifer

Rene was pleased that his tactic had worked and Jamie had silenced for the moment. He needed to take this socializing thing a little bit at a time. If he did too much in one day, he might wear himself into some sort of illness. "I know where to go." Ren kept his head down as they walked, hiding the slight smirk on his face at the memory of Jamie blushing so innocently along with the sound of his stomach grumbling later. He didn't speak while they were still in the school, or for really any of the walk, while he led Jamie to Villaggio Principe. There were a few shops here, but the one he was interested in was the Ristorante Il Cacciatore. He enjoyed eating here and did so when he was out. Plus, if Jamie knew enough Italian, then he could wait tables here if he wanted. Somehow, he turned what used to seem like a long walk into what felt like an enjoyable one. Maybe it was the company.

When they arrived, Ren wasted no time in finding someone to help seat them outside on the street. Since the weather was nice, he figured it a good idea to eat on one of the patio tables. Naturally, as if he had been there a thousand times, Rene lowered himself into a chair and pulled open a menu to decide what he wanted to eat. He took the liberty of glancing over his menu a few times to see if Jamie was alright or if he needed any help. He wasn't sure if the guy knew any Italian or not, so he wondered if there would be any problem for him to order. Oddly enough, it would probably look like a large guy staring over the top of his menu at the other guy with him and probably appeared a little strange to any onlookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.