Cascade Falls [REBOOT/OOC]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done that four or five times--it works sporadically and then just...doesnt sometimes. It's irritating because it's hard to tell whether or not I'll get an alert--like, I just got an alert for your reply, but I got an alert for Queenies post earlier today even tho she posted Friday. Sometimes I won't get an alert at all. It's inconsistent. D:
Maybe report it as a bug then? Alerts are so finicky D:

How does one aggressively shove their way through a throng of ~500 blood-thirsty, armed, crazy people without getting into a fight?

Friendly reminder that there's only 360 people in town :D

Easily if you're familiar with it. :D
But legit-wise I'm doing my dear-darndest to get Sammy to his mark on time for the shot and I'm a bit behind so I don't really have time to write up a riot.
Not to mention, it'd be a very very long post if the bloodthirsty crowd decided that the one random person shoving closer to the view (to where all the good seats are, in their eyes) was more important than the gore. It's more than open for players to become offended and start a fight, but I figured no one was interested in reading a small novel of Sammerstam making his way over to Eric regardless.
;] Crowds are interesting things anyways, and he's only shoving when he needs to. This sort of thing would very rarely start fights in festivals and practically never in a mob--people are usually too intent on rioting towards the loot and the enemy to beat on their supposed allies.
That, of course, is just my reasoning. You can certainly argue it and I'll be happy to discuss statistics. :)

Also, @neptune, I don't wanna bother reporting until this Feb 14 change is done. :/ I'm afraid nothing will get done before that.
On a side note... THERE'S JUST ENOUGH PEEPS TO ROCK A PERFECT CIRCLE YO. 8D

@QueenOfHearts ; ilu all the long time<3

Reactions: QueenOfHearts
Also, @neptune, I don't wanna bother reporting until this Feb 14 change is done. :/ I'm afraid nothing will get done before that.
That's okay. I'm going to be busy-ish this month and the end of this week especially.

Sorry, where did I get a population of 500 from? :(

Not trying to argue with anyone or start controversy. It just feels like Sammy is basically teleporting from the toy store to the front of the stage, and behaving in a fashion that, feels to me, like it breaks the setting. That's just my opinion, and I'll let the GMs determine if that's accurate or not.

Sorry, where did I get a population of 500 from? :(

Not trying to argue with anyone or start controversy. It just feels like Sammy is basically teleporting from the toy store to the front of the stage, and behaving in a fashion that, feels to me, like it breaks the setting. That's just my opinion, and I'll let the GMs determine if that's accurate or not.
Oh, I didn't realize this was a serious discussion or complaint. Let me talk to Dirt, I guess, lol.

So, Dirt and I talked it over and neither of us had a problem with @Jackalope's post. The toy store is on Main Street just like all the other shops and Sammy is a pretty big guy who just survived years outside of the fence. It's not unrealistic for him to be fast enough/strong enough to get through the crowd.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jackalope
-shortbow- I'm glad it works ok. I apologize, @Seeking Calliope , I didn't think that you were completely serious either. I thought it was a teasing question of logistics, not a question of whether or not my post should be changed. Despite my lax nature, I always make an effort to make sure that my posts and the abilities of my characters are kept to as high a degree of accuracy and plausibility as possible and I'm sad to have offended you in any way with it. I honestly do have reasoning behind my rush, but I also thought that I moved him along with enough explanation that it made sense.

In all honesty, I'm always in a hurry--big schedule, lots of work--but I'm also always open to criticism and to either settling, or changing in the light of, disagreements. Please feel free, any of you, to tell me if something I do bothers you. :] I really don't bite very often, and you'd have to gravely insult me without reasoning to make me bare any teeth.

Also, if there is any confusion with anyone about Sammy and why he's a bit...different in regards to his particular set of skills, feel free to ask. I'll answer to the best of my ability, to a limit. ;] I am here at @neptune's beck & call so not everything connected to Sammerstam is 100% out into the open until her GMness waves her eloquently painted plot flags, hehe.
He will in the future do things that may be...odd, or violent, or uncommonly practiced with violence in a way that your average mob-crazy citizen would not be, and I'd like to go ahead and air out any problems people have with that while I have a bit of time to do so. Midterms approacheth and I'm not sure how free I'll be in the coming weeks. ;] But please, do keep in mind that he might offend people IC, he might get on peeps's nerves and that's...that's kinda 30% of my goal.
He's not supposed to fit in; his nature is what got him in trouble to begin with and he's hasn't exactly learned his lesson. He's loud about everything, and if your characters are riled or ruffled or angry or confused or interested or terrified by that concept that's good. That's, awesome! Jump on that! He's here to start reactions, and I'd really really love to see some. ;]

Thanks, y'all, and all the loves<3

And who's still with us? I'm going to be taking inactive characters out of the cast list and rebuilding the OP for the update.

Off the top of my head, I know we're missing @kimsim12 and @Justin Charming but I think everyone else has posted.

Yeah trying for Tuesday... didn't know I would get soo many days at works this past month and week, lile literally been working everyday and getting on like 10pm est so trying for Tuesday night,

Reactions: neptune
OP = original post, right?

Also, still here.

Question: Is there any plan to pick up the pace?

OP = original post, right?

Also, still here.

Question: Is there any plan to pick up the pace?
I can't control how fast or slow anyone posts. I also let everyone know that this was a busy month for me, and Dirt has done the same. Automatically moving on and not giving the busier people a chance to post wouldn't leave us with much of a group at all.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
Oh I guess I didn't notice it might have been going a little slow. (though I know I take a hella long time sometimes. I really got to work on that.) I'm sure things are going to work out. I mean everyone I'm sure has had a lot on their plates. I know I've had a lot life things slowing me down a little. Ah, I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude or anything! I'm just saying this isn't too bad of a pace considering it's such a large group. I remember one I was in that people only post once or twice a month if that. This one has been a lot better by a sight.

• Love
Kimsim was probably waiting on me so that was my bad. I won't take that long again

Oh I guess I didn't notice it might have been going a little slow. (though I know I take a hella long time sometimes. I really got to work on that.) I'm sure things are going to work out. I mean everyone I'm sure has had a lot on their plates. I know I've had a lot life things slowing me down a little. Ah, I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude or anything! I'm just saying this isn't too bad of a pace considering it's such a large group. I remember one I was in that people only post once or twice a month if that. This one has been a lot better by a sight.

actually, this game is at that point. 2 posts per month for the last 2 months. I'm not trying to be rude, I understand people are busy and I know that @neptune and @of Dirt informed us that they'd be busy. I also feel that @neptune has adequately answered my question, so I am not trying to continue the conversation - just explaining the reasoning for my question.

actually, this game is at that point. 2 posts per month for the last 2 months. I'm not trying to be rude, I understand people are busy and I know that @neptune and @of Dirt informed us that they'd be busy. I also feel that @neptune has adequately answered my question, so I am not trying to continue the conversation - just explaining the reasoning for my question.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you if I somehow have. I thought I was only making friendly conversation please excuse me if it has seemed otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.