Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, thank you...." She said, accepting her things. "Do you have a stereo? I can run downstairs and put these away and then we could listen to some music, if you want. I have some good CD's in here." She saw her phone with her things, dead due to lack of charging. She handed it to him. "I probably can't have this, huh?"

Griffin hesitated when she asked him about the phone. "I will give it back to you." He promised as he took the phone. He tucked it into his back pocket. "You can play CDs on the computer. I don't own a stereo or anything else that will play them." He told her. "I don't own any CDs." He didn't listen to enough music to buy CDs or something that would play them. "You are welcome to use that. I will get the radio. If you want to take that stuff downstairs you can." He told her as he headed back to his work room to get his small radio.

Katelyn looked up at him, slightly confused. "When would I get it back? If I'm going to continue staying here with you, isn't it true that I would never get it back?" She had assumed she wouldn't ever get to leave this place, that she would be here forever. "Thank you, I would love to be able to take the radio downstairs." She watched him as he led to go into his work room, staying still as he did.

Griffin shook his head. "I don't know if you will be able to go back or not. You probably will someday. But I meant that I will give the phone back to you when I am sure that you wont use it to call the police. I cant have the police come here. If the police come here then he will know. We don't want that. If he finds us then we will both be in serious trouble." He headed into his workroom. He grabbed it and carried the machine out. He made a note to buy another one when he went to the store.

Katelyn's heart seemed to sink in as she heard his words. He didn't know. She didn't know either. Did she even want to go back? That was the question, wasn't it? Did she even want that? People back home treated her worse than Griffin did, despite him hitting her. As he left the room she looked down at her hands. She had wanted to be free from her home for so long, but is this really free? This hadn't been what she pictured when she used to wish she would be whisked away. Maybe this was what she had been asking for all along and she just didn't realize the possibility until now. As he entered the room she looked up at him and asked, "When you say that you brought me here to protect me, were you being honest?"

"I try not to lie." Griffin answered her as he came back with the radio. He set it on the desk beside the mouse pad. "You really are in danger. There is a dangerous man out there who would like nothing more then to get his hands on you. He has taken others. But you are the younger that I know of." he explained. He didn't like talking about his father. It stirred up memories he would rather not remember. He hated remembering that time. He had anew life now. One that didn't involve pain unless he burned himself. Which didn't happen often. "I wanted you to be safe. I knew that if he got you that you wouldn't survive."

Katelyn bit her lip as she heard all of this, nodding as she listened to him. She had no idea that it was truly that serious. If this man out there really want to hurt her so badly, if she wouldn't survive it, then Griffin had to be a good guy to save her from it. She got up and without thinking rushed over to him and hugged him tightly. "Thank you..." She whispered. She'd always been a very physically communicative person and it was just natural for her to want to hug him to truly show how she felt about him rescuing her.

Griffin flinched when Katelyn hugged him. In his world touch equaled pain. No one comforted him. No one thanked him. He didn't know what to do. He shifted awkwardly. He wondered what to do. He awkwardly tried to return the hug. Having never been hugged he didn't really know how to do it. But he tried. "You're welcome." He whispered soft. He hoped that he was doing it way.

Katelyn smiled softly as he hugged her back, though she could feel his awkwardness about it. After lingering for a moment, she pulled away, blushing as she stared at the floor, fiddling with her hands. "Sorry....." The thought of a strong, handsome man whisking her away from Sanger was every girls fantasy, wasn't it? Could it be that this was it? No, she thought, just a good guy doing a good thing. Or.... Was it more than that? Maybe there was some other bigger reason for her being there. Date perhaps? She shook her head. Her thoughts were silly, she'd read one too many romance books and fairy tales.

"So... You wanted to play some in music." Griffin asked as he indicated to the stereo. He wasn't sure what she had wanted to show him. He was willing to try whatever she wanted to show him. He knew that she was different from him. He was curious about what she had to show him. He was sure that it would be different from anything he had known.

"Oh, y-yeah!" She tried to break the awkwardness, smiling. She was happy that he seemed to want to have her show him her music. She flipped through some of her CD's and pulled one out. "This is a mix CD of some of my favorite songs. It has all different genres of music, it's a good place to start." She took the CD out of the case and put it in the stereo. "Now, I don't usually enjoy much country music but the first song on this CD is one of my favorites." The song started and as the notes began to play the smile on Katelyn's face brightened. She began singing along to the lyrics and as the beat kicked up for the chorus she began dancing around. She didn't consider herself a "great" singer, but she didn't think she was completely tone deaf. Some people liked her voice and others didn't but she really care. She sang because she loved it. She also liked dancing, although her dance moves were silly at best. She stopped singing and smiled at him, talking over the music which she didn't have very loud. "You know, I like to believe that music is the way you express things when words just aren't enough."

Griffin watched Katelyn dance and sing. He had never seen anything like it. He though that her voice was nice. Not the nicest he had heard but it wasn't the worst either. He liked the way she danced. It made him smile. He had never seen anything like it. He didn't know what to think. "I don't know that song. I can see you enjoy music. You can listen to whatever you want whenever you want." he took a seat. He kept his eyes on her as he took a seat. He would enjoy watching and listening to her.

Katelyn blushed slightly at him just watching her like this.she shrugged lightly and smiled. "You did say you didn't listen to a lot of music. Well, I'm sure that you have some songs you must like." As the song ended and another started she smiled widely and held her hand out to him. "Do you want to dance?" The song was slow yet upbeat, a smooth make voice singing out the lyrics. She looked enthusiastic about dancing, it had been a while since she had an opportunity to dance with someone. "Please?"

"Not really. Mostly I turned it on to escape the silence. I cant think of a single song that I like above the others." Griffin admitted. He never really paid attentions the songs that played when he told on the radio. He watched her. When she got excited again he tilted to note the song. If this song was special to her he wanted to remember it. When she asked him to dance he shook his head sadly. "I sorry. I cant Katelyn. I don't know how to dance. I have never danced. You go ahead."

"Subconsciously perhaps." She giggled. As he said no she pouted slightly and gave him puppy dog eyes. "Pleeeeease? Anyone with two functional legs can dance, it's not hard I promise! I can show you! It'll be fun, I swear." She batted her blue eyes at him. The music continues to play, getting to the chorus. Like a flower bending in the trees, dance with me, sway with me. Like a lazy ocean hugs the shore, hold me close, sway with me.

Griffin hesitated. Should he mention his leg? He wasn't sure. It seemed like a weak excuse to bring it up. He didn't want her to know his weakness. Not yet. He sighed and stood to his feet. He took her hand in his. "You'll have to forgive me if I step on your feet. I am not graceful or coordinated." He told her as he waited for her to tell him what to do next.

Katelyn grinned widely as he accepted, already giddy. The touch of his hand on hers sent electric shocks through her body for a seemingly unknown reason. She blushed lightly and held their hands up in the right position. "Okay so these arms go like this...." She put his hand on her hip/waste and pulled him closer, clearing her throat softly. "And, um, we stand like this. This is called a closed hold position." She put her hand on his shoulder. "I'll just teach you a simple one. The man usually leads so I'll show you how." Katelyn instructed him on how to step and showed him where his feet went then stepped back from the closed hold and demonstrated before going back into the hold and smiling up at him. "Got it?"

Griffin watched her. He honestly did but he couldn't have repeated what she had done if his life depended on it. While he had been watching her, he had been too memorized by her to actually pay attention to what she was doing. He shook his head at her question. "I am sorry I was memorized by you. I cant actually remember what you did. Can you show me again?" He felt badly. He hoped he hadn't hurt her feelings. He hadn't meant to. He just couldn't take his eyes off of her.

Katelyn blushed a light shade of pink? Nodding. She was flattered that he was watching her so closely, he seemed to be trying to pay attention to her which was more than she could at for most people. "It's no problem, really. Okay so you step forward like this, then do a little step ball hangs like this." She demonstrated, just switching from her one foot to the other and back simply. "Then turn slightly as you step back, and just continue as you move in a little circle." She did a full circle then looked back at him smiling. "Does that make sense?"

Griffin shook his head. "No it doesn't make sense but I will try." He tried to step forward. He stumbled slightly. But he caught himself. He tried the little step but didn't succeed. He frowned at his failure. He turned slightly. He switched from one foot to another before he tried taking a step back. Moving in a circle caused him to stumble but again he caught himself. "I don't think I am very good at dancing Katelyn. Maybe you should dance alone."

Status
Not open for further replies.