Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite what happened earlier between them, her walls around her heart came down a little more for him. No one had ever said such nice things to her, and while she didn't fully trust him yet, part of her wanted to. The soft feeling of his hand on her cheek and the way he was speaking to her.... Something about it made her want to comply with what he was asking. Her tears slowly began to stop and she sniffled, looking up at him. His words echoed in her head, For me? She nodded, her voice quiet. "Okay..... Though I don't think I'm pretty or not fat, I'll eat....."

"You're very pretty and not the least bit fat." Griffin told her as he gently lead her back to the bed. "Just alittle. I have to take care of you and that means making sure you eat." he explained. "You're the most important person in my life. You're the only person that matters to me." he assured he. "Anything you need just let me know. I will make sure you that you get whatever you need or want. I want you to be as comfortable as comfortable." he picked up the fork and took it into the sink. He carefully washed it off for her. Once he was sure that it was clean he brought it back to Katelyn. "I'm sorry about what I said. I'll try to be more careful. If I lash out please remember that I don't mean whatever I say."

A light blush started to form on her cheeks at his words, her heart skipping a beat. When he came back she looked up at him and smiled softly, accepting the fork from him. "Thank you...." She paused for a moment, hesitant to ask but she did anyways. "You said I'm the most important person in your life..... Why? No one has ever cared this much for me before....." She bit her lip as she looked up at him. "Why am I here....? You still haven't told me who he is....."

Reactions: KatherinWinter
"You are special Katelyn. He will hurt you in ways you can not imagine." Griffin told her. He didn't want her to be afraid. "He cant find you here. I will not let him hurt you." He didn't want to admit who the man he was hiding her was. Atleast not until she trusted him alittle more. Maybe then he would tell her. He doubted that though. She would hate him if she knew that he was connected to the man he was trying to protect her from. "Don't worry about him. You are safe here. That is all that mattered."

"But I'm not special, that's what I don't understand. I'm ordinary, why would someone be after me? And why would it matter so much to you to protect me?" She asked, baffled as she looked up at him. She truly couldn't fathom why anyone would want to do such horrible things to her. She remembered that she had told him she would eat so she Grabbed a piece of toast and took a few bites of it. Once having fully swallowed she set it down, taking a sip of orange juice. Little did he know this had been the first time she'd eaten in several days and it was hard for her to allow any food into her body because her mind instantly told her to stop. She didn't want to make him angry again though, so she tried. Being hit was not something she wanted to go through again. She looked down as she realized he may still be upset with her and spoke softly, "Now that I've made you angry you probably don't want to stay down here with me huh.....?"

"You are special to me Katelyn." Griffin told her.she might be just be meeting him but he had known her for almost a month. He was careful to make sure that she never saw him. He didn't being in her world. "I honestly don't know why he chose you. It could be something as simple as he saw you and know that no one will miss you. Or you might have a skill that he is looking for. I don't talk to him so I don't know."

Katelyn bit her lip and nodded, staring down at her hands. He hadn't answered weather or not he was going to stay down here with her, and she wasn't sure weather that was good or bad. The comment about her not being missed stung a little bit she knew that it was true. She forced herself to eat a little more to try and please him in case he was still upset with her. She didn't particularly have anything to say, so she decided to try and eat as much as she could off the plate despite her insecurities to try and make him happy.

"Thank you for eating. It makes me feel better. I can stay awhile. But I still have work today." Griffin told her. He leaned against the wall and watched her. He thought she was beautiful. She moved with a grace that would appeal to any man. He didn't understand how she could think herself as anything but beautiful. "Do you need or want anything?"

Katelyn set down her fork, looking up at him. She smiled softly, glad that he didn't seem mad at her anymore. She wasn't exactly sure why she cared, but she did. "What kind of work do you do?" She studied his face, his eyes slightly mesmerizing to her. She has never really been around men much, there weren't really any in her life. Her eyes widened slightly as she realized she was now living alone with one. It wasn't exactly how she had envisioned it.

"I make things." Griffin evaded the question. His father always made fun of his work. But it sold and made a lot of money so he figured he couldn't be as bad as his father said. But at the same time he didn't want to take a chance that she would make fun of him. It would hurt more if she made fun of him when his father made fun of him. They were getting along well he didn't want to ruin that.

Katelyn looked at him curiously, her eyes lighting up a bit. "You make things?! What kind of things? I love making things!" She realized she was letting more of her personality out than she usually did around people and tried to reign herself in a little. "I-I mean, um, I'm known to be pretty crafty....." In reality, she loved making things. She liked decorating the things she made more than anything. Most people didn't know how artsy she was though, because she hid it. She loved art though, it was one of her favorite things. Making stuff was one of the most important forms of art in her eyes.

Griffin hesitated. "I'll show you." He hurried upstairs. He had always been good with his hands. He went straight to his work room. He picked up his finished projects. It was one that he had planned to sell. He picked up a second piece that he wanted her to keep. He tucked the second into his pocket before carefully carrying the first downstairs. He held it behind his back feeling shy and embarrassed. "Please don't laugh." He said before handing her a small stained glass window. It was designed like a garden.

Katelyn smiled widely as he went up the stairs, excited to see what exactly he was making. Perhaps if they had something in common, anything, she could find that living here wouldn't be too terrible. She smiled at him as he approached her and then looked at him confused. "Why would I laugh at you?" When he showed her what it was she gasped and took the glass carefully into her hands, her eyes sparkling with awe. As she did her hand lightly brushed against Griffin's, causing a spark within her that she wasn't quite aware of. "Wow, Griffin, this is beautiful!" It warned her heart and made her smile widely as she stared at it. She looked up at him. "I can't believe you're so artistic! You sell these for a living? That is so amazing! These are amazing, you're amazing! Wow! You know, I absolutely love art. Stain glass was something I could never master, though. I'm better with painting and sculpting, though I wouldn't say I'm like Picasso or anything." She smiled warmly at him. "This is nothing to be nervous about, Griffin. You're really talented."

"Not everyone agrees." Griffin said softly. His father thought art made a man weak. He hated that his son was an artist. He reached into his pocket and took out a glass sculpture her had made. The little glass figurine was shaped like a tiny hummingbird. Despite its small size it looked life like. "I am good with glass. I want you to keep this one." He held the hummingbird out to her.

"Well, not everyone can feel the same way about something, life isn't like that. Plus, you aren't a real artist until someone has told you that your art sucks or that art isn't a true career." She joked, smiling at him. When he pulled out the hummingbird she was once again dazzled. She set the stain glass down carefully on the bed and stood up, accepting the bird from him. "Really, you want me to have this?" Her eyes were full of wonder as she looked at him in a new light. He wasn't as bad and evil as she had thought he was, he had a soft side. She smiled softly and set the bird down on her bedside table. "Thank you. Now I can wake up to something beautiful every morning." She looked back at him. "Because of you."

Griffin blushed. He wasn't used to having someone looking at him like he was someone. He shifted uneasily. He was glad that she liked the sculpture he had made. "I'll take the window back up with me. I have someone coming to pick it up tomorrow." It would bring in a good deal of money for them. Making things with glass was one of the few things he was good at. Luckily it allowed him to work from home.

"C-can I come upstairs with you?" She asked quickly, gently grabbing his hand before he had a chance to leave. "I just...... Being down here makes me feel kinda claustrophobic. I promise I wont run, I'll be next to you the whole time. I just want to see the rest of the house. Please?" She truly just wanted to be out of the small room, though it was cute it was starting to make her feel like the girl in the Yellow Wallpaper, going slowly crazy while trapped in one room.

Griffin hesitated. He wasn't sure about lettin her out of the room. She should be safe enough in the house. But if she ran there wasn't much he coukd do to stop her. "You have to stay right beside me. If you try to run you will be in trouble. I don't want to hurt you but I can't let you run. He will hurt you more than I ever could. I won't let you end up him hurt you." he wanted her to know he was serious. He gently picked up the window. "if you promise to stay beside me you can come upstairs with me. The house isn't very big. I've never needed much."

Katelyn stepped very close to him smiling softly. "I promise I'll stay right here the whole time." She couldn't have been a more than three inches from him. She was surprised she felt so comfortable next to him, but she really did think that he only wanted to protect her. She felt a compelling urge to trust him, she had from the first moment when he picked her up. Plus, from what Griffin said, she would much rather be here than with this mystery danger guy. She smiled excitedly as she looked up at him, close enough that one more small step forward and they would be touching.

Griffin was alittle uncomfortable with how close Katelyn was but Atleast he would have a chance to grabs her if she decided to make a run for it. Holding the window carefully he headed back upstairs. He watched he warily. "I need to put this in its packaging so that it's ready to go when the delivery comes by. You'll have to come with me. You can't touch anything though. He lead her to room on the other side of the kitchen. This one was meant to be a guest room. The walls of the room were covered with shelves from the floor to the ceiling. Glass figurines on some of the shelves. They varied in size from as big as a man's hand to as small as a babies finger. The figurines were shaped like animals. Almost every animal imaginable was represented.

Status
Not open for further replies.