Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katelyn followed him quietly, just observing their settings. The inside of the house seemed as beautiful to her as her room, if not more. When they got to all of the shelves of figurines she looked at them in awe. "Wow Griffin.... These are so beautiful, so ellegant..... I can't believe you made all these." She followed a little less closely as she stared at them all. "How did you learn to craft with glass like this? They're magnificent...." It felt like she walked directly into a dream like she would have as a child. Glass creatures all living together in a mystical land. She shook her head, smiling.

"It was sort of by accident." Griffin told Katelyn. He carefully deeper into the room. He grabbed some bubble wrap and carefully began wrapping the window. "I was bored one day. I found a few pieces of small pieces of glass. I started to play with them. Once I had a design I liked I put it in the oven." He tried not to think of what happened after that. "When the glass melted I took it out and it was a pretty little design. I continued to experienced with glass as got older. I started selling them a couple years ago."

"These are some of the most beautiful works of art I've ever seen." Katelyn looked back over at him, almost forgetting where she was and why. "Thank you for sharing them with me." She continued to observe them from a safe distance, not wanting to risk breaking one. She had a compelling urge to know more and more about him. "Do you do other kinds of art as well?"

"Mostly glass. I tried wood carving but it didn't work out. I don't have the patient enough drawing and painting. Glass caught my interest and I have stuck to it. It supports me and that is all that matters." he finished packaging the window. "There that is taken care of. I need to check to see the others have sold." He indicated to the door. He needed to go to the computer to see what others needed to be packed up. He needed to start lunch. He reviewed what he had in the kitchen to make the afternoon meal.

"I personally love drawing and painting. Drawing in particular. I love it, it really clears my mind." As Griffin left the room Katelyn followed, looking around at the different things in the house. "I'm not sure what it is, but art is just the most beautiful thing to me. You know what they say, Xanadu is the most amazing gift you could recieve." She paused, smiling up at him. "You probably don't get that reference, do you? Sorry, I make a lot of weird references to literature and plays."

Griffin shook his head. "No I don't know that reference. I am not much of a reader." Probably because most of good books required more then a high school education. Hshad tried a few but they has been beyond him. He collected books but rarely read them. Another activity that he didn't really have patience for. "I don't mind not understanding. I don't understand a lot of things."

Katelyn smiled softly. "Reading in my opinion is one of the greatest things in the world! Books take you all over the world while in the comfort of your own home, or wherever you decide to read. You can be anyone and anything. But, to each his own. Xanadu is to love, be loved, and create art. Hey, we're both already partly there!" She smiled wider and shook her head. Most of her friends thought her personality was strange and didn't enjoy hearing her talk, but she babbled when she was nervous or excited. She bit her lip, hoping she wasn't annoying him.

"I have never been loved. Nor have I ever loved." Griffin told her. Hr didn't mind her talking. It filled in the silence. His world had been so silent for so long that he welcomed her voice. It made him feel less alone. He moved to the living room where he had a computer set up on a desk. He took a seat and turned on the computer. He waited for it to load up. Once the screen came on he longged in the way he had been shown. He scanned his orders and invoices.

"I.... I meant we both make art....." She looked down buying her lip, following him. She responded in a mumble, "If it makes you feel better, I'm in the same position....." She felt bad because she felt like she made him upset, not to mention that she also now felt that familiar loneliness that hits her quite often. She stood next to him but not super close, staring down at her shirt as she fiddled with it. She was ruining this friendship too-if you could call it that-like she did with all the others. People always God annoyed with her. Her heart felt like it was going to implode when she realized that when be tired with her that he could easily give her to this horrible man he keeps speaking of.

Griffin looked up at her. "We are nothing alike Katelyn. You have a brilliant future ahead of you. You are cable of love." He turned the computer off. He looked around. He wasn't sure what to do now. He was nervous about her being up here. He was used to being alone. He didn't know how to be with people. "You can read if you want to."

Katelyn shrugged and continued to look down. "I think you and I are more alike than you think, Griffin. Before you brought me here you were all alone, and honestly so was I..... I feel like we've both been hurt by people before and just need someone to be there for them....." She put her hand on his shoulder. "You're capable of love too, we all are." She paused for s moment. "Do you have books? I thought you said you didn't read."

"I collect them." Griffin indicated to the bookshelves. "I don't have the patience to read them." he explained. He tried a few of them. But they all had worlds beyond anything he had known and he hadn't been able to connect. But he wanted to so he kept trying and hoping. Maybe someday he would finish one. "There at all sorts if you want to pick one. I've tried all genres."

Her eyes lit up slightly as she saw the books. She nodded and smiled softly at him. "Thank you...." She was worried she had annoyed him too much and decided to be quieter. She silently skimmed the covers of the books, tracing her hand over a few of them lightly. She hadn't read any of these, and it would be something to do while she was here. She figured she would leave him to the rest of his work and not bother him any longer.

Griffin watched her for a minute. Then he went back to his work room. He grabbed the two figurines and started to package them. Once those were taken care of he set them with the window. With work out o the way he went into the kitchen to start lunch. He wasnt much of a cook. He stuck to sandwiches for lunch. He brought one to her with a soda. "Is the book good." he asked as he set the plate and glass down near her.

Katelyn grabbed out a book and curled up in a little nook in the windowsill. She was already enveloped in the book when he brought her lunch. She looked up at him and was going to protest eating, but after remembering this morning's events she accepted it with a quiet, "Thank you." She took a small bite of the sand which before answering. "It's good, you have a very intriguing library. That bookshelf is absolutely gorgeous too, I love it." She smiled up at him, already calmer.

Griffin nodded. He was glad that she was eatting. "I picked up every genre. I was hoping that I could connect to one of them. Anything that caught my interest. But most of them I couldn't understand. So I quit after a couple of chapters. I hope you have better luck with them." he told her. He picked at his sandwich. He wasnt really hungry but he wanted her to eat and thought it would help if he eat with her. Especially if she was up here. He couldnt insist that she eat and then not eat himself.

Katelyn took a sip of her soda, setting the book down with a bookmark holding her place. "There's a reader in everybody, you just have to find that one book that unleashes it. For me, I'm not even sure what it was. Just like Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird, I don't remember learning how to read. It was as natural as breathing to me. What about music? What kinda do you listen to?" She hung her legs off the side of the windowsill, crossing them. She was focusing on conversation in between bites of her food so she wouldn't think about the calories she was intaking. Plus, she really did want to learn more about him.

Griffin shrugged. "I don't know. I don't listen to much music." His father considered music a pointless waste of time. He hadnt been allowed to listen to music except at school and that had ended when he was sixteen. He sometimes turned on music to fill the silence. When he did he just turned the knob on the radio until something caught his attention.

"That is an injustice to yourself! I have to introduce you to music it's literally the only reason I am still here today! Do you still have my things? I have CD's of some of my favorites in my car." She stood up, smiling widely. She loved music and wanted to share how beautiful it is with him, maybe she could help him. It was so relaxing and soul releasing. Plus, it was fun to listen to music. "Even if you just have a radio, that could work, if you don't want to grab my things."

"Yes your stuff is here. I brought it in last night. There is a radio in my work room. Sometime I turn it on but not often." Griffin told her. He didn't know why he was explaining to her. He wasn't use to explained to anyone. But he felt like he needed her to understand him. Not that he understood himself. but he was trying to explain what he understood about himself. He reached up to a shelf and took off the items he had found in her car. He handed them to her. "Here you go." he said. Then he moved away.

Status
Not open for further replies.