Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
She continued to cry into him, the feeling of his arms around her made her calmer. She looked up at him, really concerned. "But..... Y-your eye, your l-lip....." She gently placed her hand on his cheek, examining him. "Griffin I really think you should see a doctor.... I hate to s-see you hurt like this....." She bit her lip and nodded, looking up at him. Her voice was more even as she said, "I promise to listen and stay here with you." She hugged him more, wishing she could help him. She was truly starting to care about him. She hurried her face in his shoulder as she whispered, "I'm sorry for calling you a monster.... You're not a monster, you're a hero........ My hero......"

"I'm fine Katelyn. This is nothing." Griffin assured her. He had been hurt a lot worse then this over the years. In fact he bearly felt the pain. He was touched that she cared though. It meant the world to him to have someone care about him. "I just need some ice. I'm glad you understand the seriousness of the situation." he caressed her back when she hurried her hpface in his shoulder. "Your safe. I promise I'll keep you safe."

Katelyn began to calm down as he held her, sniffling softly. She was still trembling but the tears were beginning to slow. She didn't want to let go of him but she alowly retracted from the hug and went to the freezer, grabbing out an ice pack and wrapping a paper towel around it. She brought it to him and handed it to him. "Keep it in the paper towel and don't aply it for more than 20 minutes at a time, I don't want you getting frostbite.... Is there anything else I can do to help? Maybe you should go lay down upstairs." She truly was worries about him, she wanted to help him. She glanced down at his lips, staring at them for a moment. Despite being busted there was something about him that drew her in closer to him, made her want to be closer physically to him.

Griffin gave her a small smile as he applied the ice to his lip. "Im fine. There isn't much they could do for me." He assured her again. The last thing he wanted to do was lay down. Laying down would only give him time to think. He didn't want to think right now. "How about we sit and watch some TV?" He suggested as he went to the couch. He wanted to just sit close to her. He wanted to take his mind off what had happened. He figured a movie was a good way of doing that. It would help them both take there minds off things.

Katelyn smiled and nodded. "Actually TV sounds like a great idea. Plus sitting down is still resting." TV would be a great eacape for her too, it would let her relax and not worry about him. Especially since he was now a serious, real threat. Similar to how people don't think a hurricane will hit their town and don't peepare for one until after they get hit by one. The encounter today made him a real threat, opposed to just some man that Griffin had been her about that she didn't understand or know anything about. "Where's the TV at again?" She asked, not sure what room it was in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Griffin lead her to the couch. He indicated for her to sit on the couch. He took a seat in the chair. He handed her the remote. "Why don't you pick something. I don't watch a lot of TV." He didn't care what they watched. Anything would be a distraction. He thought they both needed to be distracted. He hoped this would help them move on. He wanted her to feel safe again. He didn't care what it cost him. He would do whatever was necessary to keep her safe. He didn't care what it cost him to do so. Her safety was the only thing that mattered.

Katelyn followed him, thinking when he motioned to the couch that they would be sitting there together. She was slightly disappointed when she saw him sit in the chair but sat on the couch anyway. She could hear the soft putter patter of rain on the roof as the picked up the remote and turned on the TV. "Well, if you want me to choose, I suppose." She flipped through some of the channels until she saw the Lindsey Lohan version Freaky Friday and smiled. "We have to watch this! I watch it every time I see it on TV, it's kind of a tradition. Is, is that okay?" She looked over at him.

Griffin nodded. "Yea that's fine. If it is something that you enjoy watching then I would like to watch it. I am curious to see if it is something that I will like." He was glad that she found something that she liked. He was sure that it would distract her. That was important. If she relaxed he might be about to do the same thing. He settled into his chair ready to see something that she enjoyed. Maybe this would help him understand her. He wanted to understand her. The more he understood her the easier it would be for him to keep her happy and comfortable.

Katelyn settled into the couch as the movie started, the rain falling down harder on the house. She really enjoyed this movie, she had grown up on it. As the movie progressed she started getting kind of tired, resting her head on the couch as she watched. A crack of lightening nearby filled the house with thunder. Katelyn yelped as she heard it, her body jerking at the sound. She wrapped her arms around herself, hoping that would be the only one. She tried to focus on the movie but was distracted by the impending next loud clap of thunder.

"Come on. Let's go downstairs. You won't hear as much of the storm there." Griffin got up and paused the movie. "I'll grab us a snack." He offered. He headed to the kitchen. At least in the basement they would only hear the worse of the storm. He hated storms. The sounds reminded him too much of other things. He opened the fridge and set two sodas on the tray he had used for breakfast. Then he started looking for snacks.

Katelyn stood up and followed him into the kitchen, biting her lip. She felt bad for making them move, but she had always been terrified of thunder. She leaned against one of the kitchen counters and watched him, biting her lip. "I don't really n-" another clap of thunder cut her off, making her jump and squeak. She stayed still and silent for a moment before hesitantly continuing, "n-need a snack..." She had already eaten more today than she had in weeks. The thought of food made her sick to her stomach.

"Just something for later. We don't know how long the storm will last." Griffin told he. He understood that she probably wasn't hungry. He wasnt either but it was better to have something in case they changed their minds. Once he had everything he had he headed to the stairs. He carefully made his way down the stairs. He set the tray on the dresser before turning on the TV. He made himself comfortable on the floor near the bed.

Katelyn nodded and followed after him silently, whimpering at each clap of thunder they heard while going down to her room. She saw him sit on the floor and looked down at him, slightly confused. "Why are you on the floor? That can't be comfortable. The bed is huge, come sit up here with me." She sat on the bed, patting the spot next to her. More thunder could be heard but it was quieter, though it still made her tremble. Having him up on the bed with her would help in more ways than one so she didn't feel so alone through storms like she usually did.

"I don't want to crowd you." Griffin told her. He figured they word both be more comfortable with some space between them. It was clear that she wasn't fond of storms. He wondered why but didn't ask. He wasn't exactly comfortable down here. Basements stirred a lot of memories. He never intended to spend much time down here. But the thunder was muffled down here. Which should make it easier for her to get through. He turned the movie back on.

She paused for a moment, not sure what to say. With the movie on she could barely hear the thunder, but some of the louder claps still echoed through to the basement. "Are you sure....? There is really plenty of room, I wouldn't be crowded at all. I don't want you to be sore from sleeping on the floor." The thought occurred to her that perhaps he didn't want to sit next to her because she was already being enough of a hindrance on him. She after all did take him away from doing his work. She looked down and bit her lip. "You.... You don't have to stay down here with me if you don't want to..... I'll be okay if you have other things to do I don't want to keep you from them....." The part about her being okay was a lie, the only thing worse than dealing with thunder was dealing with it by herself. She fiddled with her fingers, hoping he would want to stay with her.

Griffin almost laughed. It twinkled in his eyes for a second before he sobbered. If she had any idea about his past she would have never said that. He hesitated. He had no intention of sleeping down here. But he saw no reason not to move. So he got up. He carefully climbed onto the bed. He kept plenty space between them. He wasn't worried about himself but her. He wasn't used to being near people so he wasn't sure what he could and couldn't handle. No since in putting her at risk.

"S-sitting, I meant sitting!" She said slightly embarrassed. She'd never slept in the same room as a guy before and the thought made her blush lightly. Katelyn felt better that he decided to stay, but still felt as if she was bothering him and keeping him from his work. She continued to watch the movie though, occasionally jumping or shrieking at a loud clap of thunder. She would aslo glance over at Griffin from time to time. She didn't know what it was but there was something about him that made her want to know him better. As the movie progressed she began struggling to keep her eyes open. Eventually she was unable to fight it any longer and she drifted to sleep. As she did her body relaxed and it was no longer able to keep sitting up. Her torso slumped and began falling over until her head was resting on Griffin's shoulder and their upper arms were touching.

Grifn waited until she had been asleep for several minutes before he moved. He gently rolled around away from her. He carefully slid off the bed. Then he tucked the blanket around her. He left the TV on so it could drawned out the sound of the storm. He picked up the tray and headed up stairs. He didn't lock the door. He doubted that she would run now. He washed the dishes. Then he headed up to his room. He stripped and curled up an the floor. He had a and blanket, but nothing else. He was slowly working his way up.

When she woke up the TV was still on but was playing something else now. She turned off the TV and listened closely for rain. There was none, to her relief. She noticed she was under the blankets and don't understand what happened. She had been waggling Freaky Friday with Griffin last she remembered. She looked around but didn't see him anywhere. She got out of bed and changed clothes, brushing out her hair and braiding it in a quick, loose braid that say on her left shoulder. She put away her dirty clothes in the hamper and went upstairs. To her surprise the door wasn't locked. She went up the steps and looked around. She saw a glass door leading to the back porch. It was early morning from what she guessed, everything was quiet and the light was there but at the perfect gazing level. She opened the door and walked outside, breathing in the air. She closed the door behind her but didn't lock it, sitting on the grass just in front of the house. She enjoyed the light breeze flowing through her bangs. She laughed lightly as they flew in her face, brushing them aside. It was refreshing outside and still smelled of rain from last night. She hated thunder but loved the smell of rain.

Griffin woke early. He took a hot shower. Then got dressed. He got dressed and headed downstairs. He went right to the basement. He tapped on the door. When he didn't hear a response. He opened the door and called her name. He waited again. When no response can he headed down the stairs thinking that she had just overslept. He froze when he saw her room empty. He rushed to the bathroom hoping to find here there. But the bathroom was empty. He rushed upstairs yelling her name..

Status
Not open for further replies.