Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katelyn smiled as she watched him. "No no no you're doing great! Everyone fumbles at first. Plus it's harder without a partner. Here let's try together." She stepped back into the closed position, their faces only inches away from each other. She smiled at him reassuring smile as she started leading him going the way that she taught him. "Trust me this is so much fun."

Griffin watched her warily as she stepped closer to him. He wasn't use to people wanting to be close to him. She didn't hesitate though. He liked that about her. He tried to follow her lead even though he was suppose to be the one leading. He didn't know enough to lead. So for now she was going to have to show him how she wanted him to move.

Katelyn lead him to the beat of the music, though someone watching would still think he was leading since she was still dancing the female role. She liked feeling close to him like this, physically and emotionally. Dancing made you connect with someone in a unique way. He was picking up on it easier than some did. She liked spending time with him, surprisingly enough. He wasn't as cold towards people as he lead on to be.

Griffin struggled to follow her moves. He didn't think he was doing a good job. He felt awkward and out of place. He wasn't used to being near people. He had been isolated and alone for a long time. He wanted her to be comfortable and happy. She was the only thing that mattered to him. He would do almost anything for her. Even make himself uncomfortable. She seemed to be having fun and that meant the world to him.

The fact that Griffin was willing to dance with her mde her really happy. Despite what he said, he wasn't that bad of a dancer. As they twirled around the room she looked up t him smiling widely. As the song drew to a close she slipped out of the closed hold and spun out holding one of his hands, then spun herself in perfect sync with the song so that when she was done with her spin and had stepped back into the closed hold of him facing away from him the last note of the song played. She glanced Up at him and giggled. "Sorry, I like big finishes....." She lingered there for a moment longer than she probably should have, just staring into him. There was something about those eyes of his that just drew her in, made her want to know him, be close to him.

Griffin watchedKatelyn more then focusing on his movements. He honestly could say that he knew or remembered what he was doing. His eyes and thoughts were on her. When she ended with a flourish he noticed nothing but how close she was to him. "I dont mind. I like your big finishes. You are a wonderful dancer." he meant every word. He had never seen anyone dance like her. Of course he hadn't seen that many people dance but that was beside the point.

Katelyn blushed at his words, shaking her head. She had never really had somebody compliment her dancing before, it really had always just been a hobby for her. "Thanks, but I'm just an amateur.... I'm nothing special. You're an amazing dance partner though." She didn't know why but she didn't want to move. The feeling of his warm hands on her and their bodies this close was strangely compelling and nice. She noticed a strand of his hair was straying and softly brushed it away from his face. "There, that's better."

Griffin filched at her touch. He had been pretty sure she hadn't been attempting to hurt him but the reaction was automatic. He had been abused too long to accept touches, even gentle ones easily. He watched her witha wary curiousity. She fascinated him. She amazed him. He didn't know why really. She wasn't the most beautiful woman he had seen. But she was pretty enough. "I should make us lunch.

"You made us sandwiches silly....." She whispered, still unmoving from her closeness to him. "I won't hurt you....." She traced her hand down his face slowly. she could see the hurt in his eyes and realize that he only hit her because he didn't know how else to handle things. she wanted to comfort him but didn't move, staring staring into his eyes as if to mentally communicate that she trusted him, for whatever strange reason.

He knew that. Honestly he had known that once. But he forgot. He wanted away from her. He needed space. He swallowed nervously as she continued to touch him. What did she see when she looked at him? He wanted to ask her. But he was afraid of what she would say. She was probably the first person he could remember looking at him and touching him as if he were human. He didn't want to lose that. She would either pity or hate him if she knew the truth. He couldn't handle either. He want to enjoy someone seeing him as a person for awhile. He knew it wouldn't last. It couldn't. "We'll see."

Last edited:
Katelyn smiled softly at his response, nodding slightly. She understood why the trust between them was rocky. She trusted him but she still wasn't fully sure he wouldn't hurt her either. Wasn't that how all friendships and relationships of the like start out? They start with getting-to-know-you's and phases of figuring-out-if-I-can-trust-you's. That also came along with occasional i'm-scared-you'll-end-up-hurting-me's, weather it be emotionally or physically. Katelyn slipped her arms around his neck and hugged him once more, nuzzling her head slightly in his shoulder. He was so warm and they seemed to fit together like two perfectly made puzzles pieces when she hugged him. She didn't quite understand why she was doing all of this, just that she was pretty sure some strange part of her mind that acted without thinking had taken over.

Griffin watched her. He had never met anyone like her. He like the way she felt against him. He had never held a woman the way he held her. He liked the way she felt in his arms. He gently traced her cheekbone. She was so delicate compared to him. So fragile. It was one of the reasons he had chosen to help her. She would never survive his father. He knew that without a doubt. He had seen and experienced what his father was capable of. "Do you want to dance again?"

As Griffin lightly stroked her cheek she smiled, pulling back slightly so she could look at him. The fact that he wanted to dance again made her heart leap. She nodded silently, a slower song on this time. She released him from the hug but stayed close to him, going back to the dancing formation as the lyrics sang out, It's never been easy for me to find words to go along with a melody. But this time there's actually something on my mind, so please forgive these dee brief awkward lines. As they began to dance again, she thought that perhaps things here wouldn't be so bad. He was really nice to her and seemed to be doing anything to make her smile.

Griffin held Katelyn tight as they moved to the sounds of a new sound. He wanted to know everything about her.but he wasn't sure how he could ask her. He didn't want to tell her about himself. In his mind he was a terrible horrible person. He had few redeeming qualities. One of them was that he wouldn't hurt her on purpose. "I'm glad I found you Katelyn. I wasn't sure I would find you in time." he jerke when he heard a knock on the door. He frowned. He wasn't expecting anyone. His pick up was schedulfor tomorrow. Who could be at the door. "I want you to go into the kitchen and stay out of sight."

Katelynhad never danced this closely with my one before. She almost felt like dancing brought out new sides in people. In him it brought out someone who would protect her, she really did feel like she could be safe here broth him. The lyrics continued on with, And now I know I've already blown more chances than anyone should ever get, but all I'm asking you is don't write me off just yet. At the knock on the door Katelyn froze, her heart racing. Who could that be? Was it the evil man Griffin had been warning her about? His caution and suspicion made her feel even more nervous. She nodded and quickly but quietly scurried into the kitchen, looking around. She stood up flag against one of the walls, eyeing an open pantry she could later flew into if needed. Hopefully this person wouldn't come back into this part of the house. Her emotions went from happy and calm when dancing to jumbled, confused and terrified. She noticed her hands trembling as she stood in the kitchen, focusing on the noises in the next rooms to see what was going on.

Griffin took a deep breath and hoped it was the delivery guy coming early. He knew it wasn't very likely. They didn't come early very often. Which he appreciated. It was easier to have things ready if he knew when they were coming. Before he could reach the door it burst open and an older man stormed into the house. The resemblance between the two men was easy to see if anyone saw them together. Which rarely happened. "WHERE IS SHE?" the older man demanded. Griffin shrank back not wanting to fight with his father. "DONT TELL ME THAT YOU DONT KNOW EITHER. I KNOW YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH HER DISAPPEARANCE." Griffin shook his head. He wasn't a good liar. The less he said the better.

Katelyn felt as if she was going to pass out as she heard the yelling. She froze for a moment, her body paralyzed as she felt anxiety fill her chest. She snuck into the pantry and silently closed the door of it, hiding within the small space. Tears streamed down her face as her body trembled. She tried her best to be silent but she began hypervenalatung, her breaths short and gasping but quiet so long as no one entered the kitchen. Please don't find me please don't find me please don't find me...... She plead to him silently, crying harder.

Griffin huddled but stayed silent. His father hit him as hard. He whimpered when his father grabbed him by the throat. "I WILL FIND. YOU WILL PAY FOR WHATEVER PART YOU PLAYED IN HER DISAPPEARANCE!" As he struggled to breath, Griffin wandered if his father had a sound level other then extremely loud. If he did Griffin had certainly never heard it. He didn't fight as his father hit him again. He knew there was no point. It would only make things worse. After several hard hits his father stormed out of the house. Griffin waited until he heard his father drive away before he got up. He waited a few more before going to like for her. "Katelyn?"

At first when Griffin called out her name she didn't want to come out of the pantry, but she had heard the door slam as the bad man had stormed out. Katelyn slowly stepped out of the pantry, huddled in a sobbing mess. She could still barely breathe as the sobbed silently with her arms wrapped around herself. She was shaking more than a hairless Chihuahua in December in Alaska. Every time she had heard the man tell or hit Griffin she had wanted to run out and stop it but she had stayed put, figuring that it would only make it worse for Griffin if the man found her. Griffin could have easily given her up to the man and he didn't, so she noted that, knowing he very well could have. She looked up at him through tear filled eyes and rushed to him, hugging him tightly and crying against his chest. "H-h-he was here and he h-hurt y-y-you and he's r-really trying to find me......" She was still trembling as she clung to him desperately. "I c-can't believe he hurt you are y-you okay.....?

"Shhh... It's alright." Griffin told Katelyn as he wrapped her arms. He held her against him ignoring his pain. He had a busted lip and a black eyes. All and all he had gotten off lucky. "I told you he was looking for you. He is VERY VERY dangerous. That's why you have to stay here and listen to me." He ran his hands up and down her back in a soothing manner. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Status
Not open for further replies.