Can They Call It Love?

• Thread starter Scarlett Sparks
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katelyn fiddled nervously with her fingers and bit her lip as he spoke. She watched him as he left into the bathroom, allowing him to clean up her face. How sweet and sensitive he was to her truly surprised her. She glanced at him nervously as he finished wiling her face, saying softly, "Are you going to keep me in this room forever....?" She asked, her nerves eating her alive but she knew she needed to ask. The sooner the better. She looked back down at her hands. "Is this how it will always be, you'll bring me food and then leave me alone locked up down here?"

"No little one." Griffin assured her. "I will only keep you down her until I'm sure that you won't try to run. It's too dangerous for you to leave here. He is out there. If he gets his hands on you he will hurt you. I can't let that happen." he explained softly. "I won't always leave you but I figured you would want to be alone and away from me the first few days." he couldn't imagine why she would want to spend time with him. He was nothing. He shifted nervously. He didn't know what he would do if she wanted him to stay. He wasn't use to spending time with people. He had even alone a long time. "Do you want me to stay?"

At first Katelyn refused to make eye contact, but with the reoccurrence of this "he" she looked up at him, intrigued bit also worried. She listened and was partially glad that he wasn't going to leave her alone all of the time. Katelyn had always had a serious fear of being alone. As he finished she quickly looked back down, fiddling with her shirt. She could feel that he didn't quite want to stay. She responded quietly, "Y-you don't have to; I just, I......I would rather not be alone for long periods of time..... B-but if you have work or something....." Her mind came back to what he was saying earlier. "And..... Who is 'he,' why is he so dangerous?"

"I have some work but I can come back in an hour or so." Griffin admitted. "He is a very dangerous man. He is a very reach and connected man. He is verupy smart. No one suspects how cruel he can be. They all think he is a good guy but he's not. He is evil." he didn't want to talk about the man but she had a right to know how much danger she was in. He would keep herself. He would never get his hands on her as long as Griffin was alive. It was the least he could do. "I promise your safe. Eat and take a shower it will make you feel better. There are clothes in the dresser for you. I will return in an hour or so aright?"

As Katelyn listened, the scariest part of this all was that she didn't know who this person was thy was so dangerous. It also baffled her how any of this was connected to her, but she decided that it could wait an hour. She nodded and looked back down at her hands. "Thank you..." She whispered politely. "A hot shower would sound nice." Although the thought of being alone with some nameless psyco on the loose terrified her, some time to process it all alone was something she really needed. "Please, don't let me keep you from your work."

"I'll be back in an hour or so." Griffin turned to leave. He hoped that she would eat. If only a little bit. He knew she was scared. It was a scary situation. But he wouldn't let her be hurt. He made his way up the stairs. He had things to do. If he didn't work he would have money to pay the bills and get the things they needed. He locked the door once he was in the kitchen. He didn't bother with food for himself simply headed to his work room.

As he left she began to feel extreme anxiety but held herself back and stayed quiet. When he locked the door she felt a little better, figuring that without the key no one could get in or out. She glanced over at the breakfast he had made for her. Her stomach felt as if it were tied up in knots and she really didn't feel in the mood for food. Instead she decided to go scout out the shower. She got up and walked into the bathroom, looking around. The walls matched the color in the bedroom and it was a fairly big, nice bathroom for the basement of a house. There were clean towels on the towel rack and everything else she needed to get ready was in here as well. She brushed put her hair and got undressed, turning the shower on. Once she got it to a good temperature she stepped in, closing the shower curtain. She closed her eyes as she let the hot water drop sown her body, her anxiety flooding down the drain along with the water dropplets, If only for this short moment in the shower. She took her time washing herself and her hair, but not so long that it was an unreasonable use of water. She turned off the shower and grabbed a towel, drying herself off and once more brushing out her hair. She exited the bathroom and went into the bedroom, sitting on the bed. As she braided her hair, she looked around the room once more. It looked as if it was made just for her. The bed was extremely comfortable, although the way she slept on it last night had left her body achy. She secured the braid with a s pony tail and proceeded to look through the drawers for clothes.

Griffin glanced at the clock. He was running late. Not that he could help it. He had been in the middle of a delicate step when the hour had been up. He finished the step he was one. He would not rush himself. He demanded perfection from himself. Once he was at the place here he could stop without threatening his work he returned to the basement. He hoped that she had enjoyed the meal. He froze at the bottom of the chair when he saw the tray right where he had left it. The tray was completely untouched. "You didn't eat!" he growled. Why that ungrateful brat. He had worked hard on that meal. "You wasted food!" he grabbed her and smacked her as hard as he could. "You ungrateful whore."

Katelyn dressed herself and had just finished when Griffin came down the stairs. She jumped as he growled at her, her eyes wide with surprise as she stared at him in shock. "I... You don't understand, I-" She was interrupted by a hard slap to her face. Tears flooded her eyes as she looked back at him, trembling. She brought her hand up to her face where he had just hit her, her heart feeling crumpled at his words. She pulled away from him and ran into the bathroom, closing the door quickly behind her and locking it, hoping that he wouldn't try to break the door after her. Tears streamed down her face as she yelled through the door, "I knew the nice guy thing was just an act! Y-you're a monster!" She wrapped her arms around herself, sobbing.

"I'm not a monster." Griffin said softly. He wasn't. He tried hard to be better than him. He paced the room. He was good. He had given her everything. "I'm good." he said his voice still soft. She had been the bad one. Wasting food was bad. He would have beat her for it. "Griffin good." he paced faster. But he had hit her. He shouldn't have. She as to be protected. He picked up the fork that was near him. He hurt hurt. He thought stabbing himself with the utensil. It hurt but didn't break the skin. "Monster. " he growled to himself. "Ugly monster." he stabbed himself again. "Worthless monster." another stab. He was a monster. He was evil.

As Katelyn heard him in the next room, part of her wanted to help him, but she refused. Griffan had hit her, that wasn't okay at all. And over something he didn't understand. She cried harder as she said to herself, "Do not be one of those girls, do not let him convince you that you deserved to be hit....." She caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and quickly looked away, not wanting to look at herself. He didn't understand, she wasn't someone who ate a lot, especially after..... No. She wouldn't let herself think of it. She crumpled into a ball on the floor, sobbing.

Her sobs were both good and bad. Good because they took Griffin's attention off abusing himself to here. He covered his face with his hands. Evil, echoed through his head. He was evil. He tried to be good. But he couldn't be. It wasn't possible. He was the son of the devil. That made him evil. He threw the fork across the room. "The monster will leave. I am sorry. I tried to be good." He had done everything for her to prove that he wasn't evil. And look what he did. He hurt her. He deserved nothing. He made his way to the stairs. He was the creation of a devil. Nothing good could come from him.

Katelyn was still trembling as she put her ear to the door. It was silent for a few moments, and thinking he had left she unlocked the door and exited the bathroom, right as Griffin threw the fork to the other side of the room. She jumped and stepped up against the wall, starring at the floor teembling. It was just then that she realized that she couldn't always hide in the bathroom. He would eventually catch on or break through, she couldn't always hide. She shifted on her feet uncomfortably. She knew she had to do this, she had to play nice while she was here or it would just be worse for her. Her voice came out as a whimper as she said, "I-I'm sorry for w-w-wasteing food..... I w-wasn't trying to be rude, I just......" She cried harder. "Y-you don't understand..... There's m-more to it than what y-you see....." She stumbled over her words, closing her eyes tightly, waiting for him to hit her again.

"Don't cry little one." Griffin said softly. " I am sorry I was a monster." He wanted to go to her but he didn't dare. She was already afraid of him. He stay by the bottom of the stairs. "I know your scared and confused. But you have to eat. Even if it is only a couple of bites. It isn't good for you to go without." He should know he had gone without often enough. He sat on the bottom step with his head in his hand. "Worthless monster." He whispered to himself. He was nothing but a monster. He wanted to be more. He wanted to be better.

Katelyn wiped some of the tears off of her face with her sleeve but they were just replaced with new ones. She stared down at her feet as she responded quietly, "You d-don't understand..... I..... I d-don't eat, I......." She bit her lip, not wanting to say the words aloud. She knew if she did he would just make fun of her like everyone else. She whispered to herself, "My fat ass doesn't need to be eating....." She glanced down at her body, and although in reality she was getting thinner every day, she was seeing the opposite affect. The words of all of her tormentors began to fill her ears and she collapsed to the floor, covering her ears with her hands. "Make it stop make it stop....." She whimpered, more and more tears streaming down her face.

Griffin moved then. He went to her. He wrapped his arms around her. "You are not fat little one." He picked her up and carried her to the closet. "See how light you are." He pointed out as he opened the closet. He wanted her to believe him. She needed to know that she was beautiful and special to him. In the closet there was a large mirror. He had put it there because he had heard that woman liked to see themselves in the mirror. He set her down in front of him. He avoided the mirror. "You are not fat little one." He repeated again. "You are beautiful to me."

Katelyn flinched at first as he went to touch her but as he picked her up she calmed slightly. As he set her down in front of the mirror she avoided looking at herself. The thin frame that everyone else saw when looking at her was not what she saw, and she couldn't bear to see herself like that. "I-I'm not light you're just strong......" She bit her lip and shook her head. "No.... You're wrong...... If I wasnt fat then people would say I am, they wouldn't say the things they do to me........"

"People use words to hurt others little one." Griffin told her without a hesitation. "Just because they same them doesn't make them true. Do you think I am ugly?" He asked her. "People will do anything to tear another person down. You are giving power to them by believing them. You are not fat Katelyn. You are tiny. Look at the mirror." He gently turned her face towards the mirror. "You are beautiful little one." He wanted her to see want what he saw. "Don't let them tear you apart. You're too special for that."

"No, I don't think you're ugly...." She replied, staring at heraeld in the mirror. "But I know I am. You say that those words don't mean anything but if words mean nothing does that include yours? And if yours do mean something, you called me a worthless whore...." More tears streamed down her face. "That's all anyone ever sees me as......." Her voice cracks as she finishes with, "worthless......" She had been broken so many times that she was too exhausted to try to pick up the pieces anymore. She began sobbing once more, her body shaking. "I'm nothing, I'm nobody...... Nobody cares about me...... You'll be able to keep me here forever because nobody is going to bother to come looking for me...... I don't even see why you would want me here...... Were all the pretty girls already abducted by somebody else....."

"Yes Katelyn. Even when I say those mean words I dont truly mean them. I shouldnt have said them. But I was angry and lashing out." Griffin told her as he gently caressed her cheek. "I dont really think that your worthless. When I am angry I dont think. You are a beautiful woman. You need to believe that. I dont think that you are fat. Please eat. If you dont want to eat alot I understand. But please eat alittle even if it is only a couple of bites. It isnt good for you to go without food. Please for me. Just a bite or two. It would make me feel better. I have to take care of you and I cant do that if you dont eat."

Status
Not open for further replies.