Boredom Saves Errotria! [2 SPOTS LEFT!]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my character? What? xD
Oh, I had tagged you because there was a debate about the usage of pistols since the time is medieval in Errotria. I think we've found a solution???

Is the solution crossbows shooting energy bolts? Isn't that still the same as magical pistols though? The main disadvantage of crossbows and traditional firearms was that they were unwieldy to reload compared to bows, but if you made them magical, they're sorta just straight up better than bows...

And it still doesn't solve the issue of the fact that, unless everyone gets buffs that make them superhuman, people can't really react to projectile weaponry.

Guys, I have no idea who to choose as a partner. Could you guys do me a favor and choose for me? I'm okay with whoever is available hahahaa

The two best friends of Renko are the only ones left.

Oh, I had tagged you because there was a debate about the usage of pistols since the time is medieval in Errotria. I think we've found a solution???
There is a logical reason why my character can use a pistol, would you like me to spoil it?

If the GM isn't aware of any secrets your character has, that's generally a bad thing.

And bow girl should probably go to Maou-sama.

If the GM isn't aware of any secrets your character has, that's generally a bad thing.

And bow girl should probably go to Maou-sama.
He never really questioned me about it. xD

But yeah, are we superhuman in ero-land, yes or no?

I've a feeling that we'll be trained to be flexible and agile.

The humans aren't, no.

I'll need to speak to another GM, but magical armor will probably become a thing now.
I surely hope i didn't start a gun meta, i swear if i did it was accidental. xD

I've a feeling that we'll be trained to be flexible and agile.
Flexibility and agility isn't going to save you from getting sniped by a minuscule object moving faster than the speed of sound.

Guy guys, if we are discussing the gun factor here and if its too powerful i'm sure everyone who is using them can change something to your liking.

I don't understand why guns exist in a fantasy world the first place, because that sort of shit dramatically tilts the scales of power.

I don't understand why guns exist in a fantasy world the first place, because that sort of shit dramatically tilts the scales of power.
Well sense this thing is steering up so much trouble i shalt spoil why my character has a gun, i can't speak for anyone else but for myself i can. Emi, my cat is from the modernish world of New Lonkyo. She was cursed to the world of Errotria for reasons unknown. During the transfer between worlds she gained powers however, in return she would remain forever as a cat to never get married or have a lover because of her animal form. This is why she can transform into a gun because she is not of Errotria.

Is the solution crossbows shooting energy bolts? Isn't that still the same as magical pistols though? The main disadvantage of crossbows and traditional firearms was that they were unwieldy to reload compared to bows, but if you made them magical, they're sorta just straight up better than bows...

And it still doesn't solve the issue of the fact that, unless everyone gets buffs that make them superhuman, people can't really react to projectile weaponry.
Ah that's true. But in what I was thinking of, the guy still had to stop and reload (granted it wasn't very long compared to wooden bolts) but he had to stop and replenish bolts at regulag intervals. However it'd ultimately be up to whoever uses the dual familiar for them to weaken the weapons or whatever they want to do.

As for the projectile weapon... we already have a bow accepted. I mean, would you want to nerf the bow too? Because I'm certain that if they use medieval methods of firing said bow, they'd be faster than the crossbow. Which would pose the same issue as the crossbow.

Hmmm. I do think magical armor might have to be the way to nerf these projectile weapons... because I don't see a way to do so without making them ditch the ideas completely.

AIGHT GUYS THIS IS HOW IT'S PLAYIN' OUT

The world is medieval. Guns are fine with me, crossbows are fine with me. hell, even magical missiles are fine with me BUT: Magical projectiles lose energy very quickly, so they're relatively close range weapons anyway, and they have charge up times. Remember this is still an anime world, not a realistic world, so normal non-super humans still have anime-like reaction speeds - Errotrians are just even better than better, cos they have magic.

@Edward humans are COMPLETELY inert. They can't have magical powers whatsoever. This is why the humans are given familiars instead of just taught magic, which the Mentor would be perfectly capable of teaching - as long as they weren't humans. This is also why the Mentor wants to use RenCo to solve Errotria's problem - they can basically soak up all the magic like a sponge and turn the magic into nothingness. Thus, the human would not be able to become a familiar, even via curses. Please refrain from using origin-based plot twists for humans.

Additionally, if you make plot twists, you have a responsibility to tell the GMs about them beforehand. If you keep them secret and just reveal them In Character, you have no idea whether or not they'll work with the world. For example, if you have just revealed Emi was a human in the middle of an IC conversation, it would have caused a lot of unnecessary problems that wouldn't need to exist if you had PMd us about it first.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.