Boredom Saves Errotria! [2 SPOTS LEFT!]

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kamihiro's fine with his handy dandy Kirito toy sword. :D @RainDash xD

It was the coolest looking one that I could find. All the rest were boring.

SAO has cool weapons but the plot is too icky for me

AIGHT GUYS THIS IS HOW IT'S PLAYIN' OUT

The world is medieval. Guns are fine with me, crossbows are fine with me. hell, even magical missiles are fine with me BUT: Magical projectiles lose energy very quickly, so they're relatively close range weapons anyway, and they have charge up times. Remember this is still an anime world, not a realistic world, so normal non-super humans still have anime-like reaction speeds - Errotrians are just even better than better, cos they have magic.

@Edward humans are COMPLETELY inert. They can't have magical powers whatsoever. This is why the humans are given familiars instead of just taught magic, which the Mentor would be perfectly capable of teaching - as long as they weren't humans. This is also why the Mentor wants to use RenCo to solve Errotria's problem - they can basically soak up all the magic like a sponge and turn the magic into nothingness. Thus, the human would not be able to become a familiar, even via curses. Please refrain from using origin-based plot twists for humans.

Additionally, if you make plot twists, you have a responsibility to tell the GMs about them beforehand. If you keep them secret and just reveal them In Character, you have no idea whether or not they'll work with the world. For example, if you have just revealed Emi was a human in the middle of an IC conversation, it would have caused a lot of unnecessary problems that wouldn't need to exist if you had PMd us about it first.
What? I never asked to have magic. xD

You never viewed being able to transform into a weapon as magic...?

You never viewed being able to transform into a weapon as magic...?
Emi, my familiar transforms and uses magic for Aki-san. Not the other way around.

Also Emi is a NPC so i didn't think she had to learn anything at all.

No, the problem is that Emi's backstory is that she came from Earth. Humans that go from Earth to Ero-land are incapable of using magic. Magic is what is behind a familiar's ability to change into a weapon. Thus, Emi should not be able to turn into a weapon.

Phew, all caught up with everything.

I have nothing to add onto the discussion because both ERode and Karakui have said it all. (Karakui in amazing, explicit detail). At this point, I think it'd just make sense to have Emi as an Errotrian and like other Familiars. Because Karakui has came up with limitations for the long ranged weapons that made them more fair, I don't think that you have to change Emi's weapon form.

But that still doesn't explain the modern appearance of Emi's weapon form (assuming that Tatsuya's gonna have his fancy silver handgun) then, if she was just some Errotrian.

No, the problem is that Emi's backstory is that she came from Earth. Humans that go from Earth to Ero-land are incapable of using magic. Magic is what is behind a familiar's ability to change into a weapon. Thus, Emi should not be able to turn into a weapon.
''During the transfer between worlds she gained powers however, in return she would remain forever as a cat to never get married''

But that still doesn't explain the modern appearance of Emi's weapon form (assuming that Tatsuya's gonna have his fancy silver handgun) then, if she was just some Errotrian.
''This is why she can transform into a gun because she is not of Errotria.''

Phew, all caught up with everything.

I have nothing to add onto the discussion because both ERode and Karakui have said it all. (Karakui in amazing, explicit detail). At this point, I think it'd just make sense to have Emi as an Errotrian and like other Familiars. Because Karakui has came up with limitations for the long ranged weapons that made them more fair, I don't think that you have to change Emi's weapon form.
Alright fine.

''During the transfer between worlds she gained powers however, in return she would remain forever as a cat to never get married''
Right, and I'm saying you can't do that because humans are completely inert - to be from earth, she would have to be a human. Oh maybe if I word it like this: Earthians are completely inert. Everything from Earth. Thus, becoming a cat isn't a loophole that can be exploited to have a human gain magic. Furthermore, they'd have to actually become a cat in the first place, which requires magic, so still wouldn't work.

As for the shape of the weapon, that doesn't really bother me that much. Medieval people have imaginations too, so maybe she just had a thought one day "Maybe in the future, guns will look like this?"

• Useful
Reactions: Kame
Wait, so familiars can choose what sort of weapon shape they take?

And I still don't buy the whole 'oh, she just happened to imagine that guns in the future will look exactly like what they are in the present' shenanigans as a way to justify the whole thing, but whatever. Carbon copy characters just irk me.

Same here, but the tribunal of GMs decided to accept it anyway.

I'm still here
Little stressed from my upcoming finals but still here

Soooo is there anyone who wants my character to be their familiar? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.