Birds of a Feather

Watching this battle with some horror, Tamsin found her body temperature rising dangerously. She fell to her knees, the grass beneath her singing as her skin touched it. Unknown to her, this act of violence, along with her desperation, was awakening the phoenix that had lain dormant for so long.

Xent looked over to her for a moment, she had distracted him from the battle for a moment as she fell to the ground, unfortunately leaving him open, a stab in the side of his stomach, he stuggled to stand, though he fell.

Verniok chuckled slightly as he watched Xent fell, "You did well Xent, however ... for once, i'll let you live again, after all, death is very merciful, rather than being a failure in the eyes of everyone." He walked over to Tamsin, grabbing her by her hair.

She struggled to remain even partially upright, her arms trembling as she forced herself to remain kneeling, rather than just collapsing to the ground completely. Tamsin let out a feeble cry as she watched Xent as he was struck with a severe blow. She felt slightly responsible for it, and was immediately attempting to move to aid him.

Unfortunately Verniok seized her by the hair, a gasp of pain coming from her as wide green eyes looked up at him, fearful but defiant. "What do you want?" She asked, hardly noticing as a small spark of flame flickered momentarily from her palm. The phoenix was angry, though it seemed his intervention may be too late.

Verniok glared at her evilly, "Well as I said, you could be my slave." He balled his fist, and struck her twice, once with his hand in her stomach, and when she keeled over his knee to her face, he smirked a little, wondering if she would put up a fight, or if he could simply carry her away now.

Tamsin didn't even manage a groan as she was winded so thoroughly, her nose exploding in blood as his knee then connected with her fragile face. She was taken by an inconveniently timed fit of violent coughs, though it did give her time to think, as she spat out gobs of blood.

She made a grab for his leg, wincing as flame engulfed her hand. She was unaware how or why this was happening, but for the time being Tamsin attempted to use it to her advantage. The fire burned her arm, blisters forming on her hand and forearm as she tried to maintain this, wanting to set his clothes alight. The girl felt her vision begin to fade as the fire also sputtered out, her body was already weak, and she had overexerted herself once again.

He moved away a little, the fire connecting to his leg and he cursed a little, "Damn this body, a god should have a more powerful form." He shook a little and his face contorted as his leg began to burn.

Her vision was blurred, and there was almost no strength left in her, but Tamsin remained as defiant as ever, simply not allowing him to get away with harming Xent lightly. It was just unfortunate that the fire that tried to raise from her body, petered out before it could get to him, though he didn't necessarily know that. "Leave. Now." Tamsin managed, her voice shaking noticeably, "Or I'll burn you to ash." It wasn't the best bluff in the world, but it gave them a chance.

He backed away, about to kill her but looked nodded, "Very well ... we will meet again." His eye's lit up. "And next time, I will kill you." He flew straight up and disappeared.

The relief that passed through her was almost enough to cause her to collapse. But Xent was still in need of help. Tamsin crawled toward him, unable to gain her feet alone. She was still out of breath, her every breath rattling through lungs burdened by blood. It didn't take alot for the sickness to take hold. "Xent...How bad is it?" She questioned, trying to get a good look at the worst of the wounds, wanting to help in any way she could.

He shook his head, barely able to stand, blood dripping from his abdomen, "I'm fine ..." he helped her up slightly, "But i'm more worried about you ... we'll go back to the city." He whistled a small tune quickly to summon help.

He wasn't, in the slightest, but unfortunately there was little either one could do to help the other. All Tamsin did do, was rip a piece of her shirt off, leaving her bruised torso bare. She bunched up the fabric and pressed it to Xent's wound. "Pressure." She said, almost as an order as they made their staggering way, only just supporting one another.

2 Lastan appeared quickly, they looked between each other and nodded, muttering a strange language, Xent passed out, pulling Tamsin down with him, the two picked them up, and brought them into the city, laying them in Xent's bed so Junto could heal them.

Tamsin remained conscious only long enough to fall down to the ground along with Xent. She had been pushing herself until she knew they were safe, and so fell unconscious almost the moment the lastan appeared to offer their aid.

Xent woke up 3 hour's later, his cut just a small scratch on his skin now that Junto had done his work, he yawned a little and sat up, he was in his house, it was still bright outside, and Tamsin remained asleep beside of him, he looked over her arm's which had been burnt, and her body, sighing sodftly, he rubbed the top of her forehead.

Tamsin didn't wake for a couple more hours, her body and mind utterly exhausted by what had happened. However, another person remained awake, and seemed to take offence as Xent touched the girl. Hands off. A gruff voice barked, seemingly from nowhere, although a brief glow of orange emitted from the sleeping girls chest. It was barely there, but just visible through the fabric of her shirt.

He looked down at the orange glow, then looked around, "Who's there?" He asked quietly, looking around, confused, since he had only been there with the girl and then thought for a moment, "Oh ..."

The voice continued, the faint glow spiking with his words, apparently chiming in by matching the emotions he felt, I really oought to kill you for what you've done. How dare you jeopardise my vessel! He snapped, as he always had done, feeling that he was the only worthy person in a hundred mile radius. Had he had a face, it would have been seething with rage.

Xent snarled, "Whatever, I didn't ask her to get involved you over inflated-" He stopped himself, and narrowed his eye's, "I can't wait till you leave ... her I can handle ... you on the other hand ..." He shook his head and stood up, "Either way, how is she feeling?"

The voice snickered, finding this half bird incredibly amusing. You are too much. Like a common pigeon. He chuckled, not worrying about making a good impression. That had never been his style. Let's wake her up. The voice was gone as quickly as it had arrived, leaving Tamsin to start awake with a brief cry of pain clutching her head, as though someone had just hurled a rock into her. "Xent. What happened?" She didn't remember coming back here, and definitely not what the phoenix had said.

He closed his eye's, "We were rescued ..." He got beside her and rubbed her gently, "And your ... friend ... has been messing around." His lip's trembled slightly, partly from anger, partly from sadness, "Are you alright Tamsin?" He asked the girl, wanting her to be okay, and wanting the phoenix to leave already.