Birds of a Feather

The air here was much cleaner than Tamsin was used to, and thanks to this she was coughing much less than usual, though the burn in her throat and mouth remained the same. "Yeah, lets go." She smiled warmly, keen to explore his world more thoroughly.

He nodded, his wing outstretching behind her, reassuring her that he would protect her, his smile warm and friendly, as Xent led her toward the large gate to go outside into the forest.

"As much as I appreciate it, I really don't need protecting." Tamsin said, smiling as she spoke. She wasn't offended, she just continued to worry that she was being a bother. "But, thankyou. It's nice to have a friend." And she meant it, with all her heart.

He put his wing down a little, he sighed a bit, "I feel that I should though, after all I found you, and you are a great ... human ... to be around." He smiled a little when she called him a friend, "Thank you though." Xent said.

Tamsin raised an eyebrow, "And how many humans have you met?" She asked, guessing that he didn't have too many experiences to go on. "But, same goes for me, you're still a good person." Tamsin said, feeling pretty stupid as she spoke.

He shook his head, "You would be the first actually, no human has ever seen our kind before." He smiled softly, "And your great as well." He said slowly.

She shrugged off the compliment, not really one to want that much attention on her. "So, what do you do for fun around here?" Tamsin asked, wondering if they had the same technologies as humanity did. All the differences were interesting, as well as the similarities.

He looked at her, "Fun?" He asked softly, thinking to himself, "I usually go out into the forest for fun." He admitted.

Fair enough. Simple pleasures were often the best. "I'm the same. I guess that's why you found me." Tamsin said, looking around at the woodland, taking it all in, much more able to do so, as she had been fortified by the medical treatment she had received. "Do you have the same technology as us?" She then asked, rather bluntly.

He backed away a little, "Were actually more advanced." He replied, looking deeply into the woodland. "So ... yeah ..." he looked at her.

Tamsin shrugged, "I suppose you can accomplish more when you live longer. And when you're not at eachothers throats all the time." She didn't know why he backed away, but chose not to ask him about it. That was his perogative.

He looked up and saw it in the sky, "Tamsin get behind me ..." Xent said, as the man with black wing's landed on the ground.

Although she had no idea what was going on, Tamsin did obey. She stood behind and slightly to the side of Xent, soon spotting the intruder. Of course, she only assumed he was someone from their city, here on some urgent business.

He looked at the man, "Who are you?" Xent asked, the man laughed, "How is that funny?" The man pulled out a sword.

Due to the fact that she could never just keep herself safe, Tamsin moved again, standing just half an inch ahead of Xent. She felt that if this strange man was going to start slashing with that sword, it might as wellbe her that died. "What are you doing?" Tamsin asked on reflex, her bravery far more than one might have expected.

Xent grabbed her shoulder, "Tamsin stay back ..."

The man smirked, "He's right little human girl, be gone, I have no buissness with you." His eyes scanned over her body, "Though you could be a good slave."

Xent shook his head, "Ralton, stay away from her."

The man's eyes narrowed, "My name is not Ralton. You are to call me Verniok!" His eyes glowed fiercely, and his blade grew slightly longer.

Jath summoned a blade at his side, "Tamsin, please move behind me."

Understandably, she was confused by what was going on, as well as afraid of what might happen to Xent. She didn't fear for herself, even when this man mentioned making her a slave. She stood, unable to back down just yet, not wanting her new friend to get into this unnecessary duel. "Xent, please. You don't have to fight him." Whoever he was, he could go without the bloodshed he seemed to desire.

"This man is pure evil ... he want's a fight with me anyways." Xent said.

Verniok smirked, "Perhap's I shall explain it to her, I am an outcast in this city. One of the most evil citizen's, and ..." he smirked a little, "I was the one who cut off Xent's wing ... the only one I have fought that has survived ..." he looked at Xent.

"Plus the fact he think's he's a god ..." he grit his teeth, "And I swear ... you will pay for your evil deed's."

Verniok chuckled, and charged toward Xent, both of them, clashing blades.

This was not good. Obviously. Tamsin had no choice but to jump aside when the stranger charged at her friend, evidently hellbent on having this fight. She had the horrible feeling that he intended it to be a match to the death, and there was nothing she could do. Her fear for Xent grew, and with it, a deep stinging pain grew from her abdomen, threatening to burst.

The blades clinged, and clanged, as the two fought, bad blood streaming in their past, Verniok attacked with such ferocity, obviously a more offensive fighter, leaving Xent to defend, getting small scratches and scrapes from Verniok's sword.