Birds of a Feather

Tamsin couldn't help feeling bad for intruding on such a personal matter to this race, and lowered her eyes in a small display of uncertain regret. "I understand." She soon answered, though she supposed no one but these men and women would really understand the significance of the building.

He nodded, "Don't worry ..." He motioned for her to follow after him, several people cast Tamsin a strantge glance, they hadn't seen a human before, and it was definately a new experience, Xent smiled softly though, he opened up his wing, sliding it behind her body, acting somewhat as a protecter of the girl.

Uncomfortable with so many eyes on her, Tamsin attempted to shrink back within herself, though unfortunately she did not posess the abilities of a snail. But even so, when Xent spread his wing behind her, she did feel a little reassured by the protection it afforded. "Can you tell me anything about your people?" Tamsin eventuall asked, curious about them.

He nodded, "Yes ... simply ask anything and I will attempt my best to answer."

Slightly bashfully, Tamsin spoke, though she struggled to know where to start with her questioning. "How did you come to be here? And how long have you been hidden from us?" It was strange to know that an entire civilisation had been hiding under humanities collective nose.

He smirked slightly, "We have existed for many millenia, honestly older than human civilization. The reason human's have not found us yet is because we have remained here, since the first of us. Plus the fact we have a magical border, human's will see a mountain, and a group of tree's instead of a city." He smiled, "If we go out of the city I will show you."

Tamsin was understandably fascinated, and wished only that she could spend an age here, learning about the species and their various customs, the differences as well as the similarities between them and humanity. But, she hadn't that opportunity, and so settled on simply speaking to Xent, who seemed both knowledgeable and a good candidate for a potential friend.

He smiled a little, "Hmm ..." He looked at her face gently, "Anything else? I would gladly tell you anything ... as long as this stay's secret, we prefer to be unknown ... if youi understand where I'm coming from, Humanity has a rather war like sense for dominance in this world. Knowing there are creature's like us could start a full scale war."

She sighed, "I understand. We destroy even that which we love." But there was nothing that she could do about that, seeing as she was nothing more than a miniscule drop in the ocean of her swarmlike race. "Honestly, I don't know where to start. It's not every day you run into a new race." She smiled awkwardly, unsure if she was being rude, "What about key people? How do you govern yourselves?" She was really just plucking things out of the air, though that didn't seem to matter too much.

He smiled softly, "Well we have the Junto Asmantio family, who have been the elder's and oracle's for generation's, as for leader's though ..." He sighed gently, "The first leader was our greatest, Alotian Phelet, he built most of this city, with the help of few other's, however 73 year's ago, another great leader, Samson Lonyter was assasinated, we have yet to replace him because no one has been brave enough to step up to the throne, in case of another assasinaton."

Last edited:
She frowned at that. Her romantic view of them faded a little at the idea that they shared such violent and ambitious tendencies with humanity. "But, that's so long ago." Tamsin muttered, looking up at Xent with some genuine worry in her eyes. "How have you been running it? I mean, someone's got to take the reins eventually." Chaos came when there was no leader to keep order. Someone had to brave, for the sake of the people that relied on this sanctuary.

He sighed gently, "Junto has been keeping most thing's orderly." He rubbed his arm slowly, as his wing outstretched more from behind her. "However, we do know we will need a leader, as for when this will happen, no one know's, however, Junto has promised we will soon have a new leader." He smiled gently, "We are all holding onto that thread of hope." His eye's sparkled a little as he now looked over at her, though only for a brief instance.

Tamsin nodded, speaking with a slight uncertainty, "I hope you do get a new leader." She honestly meant that, sincerely hoping that this race wouldn't fall into chaos thanks to this horrid assassination business. She then went on to ask a question she thought was probably pertinent, given the information that had just been handed to her, "How long do you live? Is it longer than us humans?" She thought they must do, given the length of time since the last leader had been assassinated.

He nodded, "Ahh intrested in our life expectancy? ... Usually we live up to our 900's, unless we are well you know." He shrugged a little, for example ... I am 93 year's old, however I appear to be somewhere in my 20's." He smiled softly, "It's a great thing to live long, be able to meet your 5th generation grandchildren, unfortunately I would not know though, because I have never wed." He looked toward the palace, a great deal of concern in his eyes.

So it seemed that they lived roughly a hundred years for a humans ten, though their aging process did seem to be a little differently paced. It didn't matter, but Tamsin couldn't help but say, "That's another reason to keep to yourselves. I couldn't bear living that long." Seeing others die was never pleasant, particularly not when they were close. "I'm sure you will, afterall, you're only young." Tamsin pointed out in an attempt to be supportive and generally friendly. She still felt awkward and out of place, but that was just par for the course in this strange settlement.

He nodded a little, "Yes, I suppose it is good we live in secrecy." He smiled softly, "And thank you ... though most wed before they are 50, so ... it may be difficult, however, we will see ..." He smiled sotly, his wing now returning to it's original position at his back, folded over itself, he looked toward the palace and cocked his head as a glint caught his eye.

Although she said nothing, Tamsin continued in the belief that he would get himself a wife. She believed that all people deserved to be happy, and would be if they were just patient. It was this that had kept her alive through the darkest years of her life. "Is there something over there?" She asked, noticing that his eyes kept wandering towards the palace. Whatever it was, her eyes weren't quite sharp enough to catch it.

He looked away from the glint, "Not sure ... thought I saw something though ..." he looked back over to her and smiled.

On top of the palace, a man sat, smirking over the city, his black hair flowing, his eyes red and black, he had wing's like the Lastan though they were black, "This city will be mine ... soon enough."

She couldn't quite explain why she felt so uneasy, and instead chalked it up to being in such an unfamiliar place. "I'm sure it's nothing." Tamsin said, though she was unsure that this really was the case. But, it was really none of her business, it was a matter for the people of this settlement, if there was anything wrong.

Xent nodded, though still uneasy, he looked around and sighed gently, "Alright ... perhap's we should go for a walk in the wood's? If your up for it." He winked.