Birds of a Feather

Tamsin frowned, "Don't worry about me, please." She spoke softly, not really wanting to be the subject of someones attention, sure that there were more important things to be doing. "I'll get out of your hair as soon as I can, I promise."As if to prove this point, she began to attempt getting up, only for her still weak arms to quive and collapse in moments.

He smiled, "It's no problem at all," he looked at her softly, "You should rest." He pulled the cover's over her, "It may help you heal," he then looked behind him, and pulled a pill out a bottle, he handed her the pill, "This may help as well."

Tamsin smiled, appreciating what was being done for her, though it still made her uneasy. She took the pill, looking at it dubiously, "What is it?" She asked with a certain amount of caution, just wanting to be certain of what she was ingesting.

He smiled softly af her, "It will help you sleep, and it will work on healing your body while your asleep, I took one after ..." he stopped, looking down sadly, stretching the one wing he had. Before making it go back, "Well you get the point ..." he was at least glad that the wound was sealed.

She nodded, trusting him enough to take the pill. She swallowed it, briefly considering what had happened for Xent to lose his wing. But she didn't ask, feeling that was too personal a question. "Thankyou, for everything." She offered a sllight smile, slipping back down and already feeling a little drowsy. Her second wind had ended, and sleep would definitely be useful right now.

He watched her, she would soon be asleep, he looked at the chair and sat down, humming a little tune he had been taught when he was a small child, he was suprised he had remembered it for over 80 year's, he certainly didn't appear that old, but his species was special.

She didn't have a clue what that tune was, but it was immensely soothing. Needless to say, it wasn't long until she had completely drifted off into the land of nod. She slept for many hours, incredibly deeply and soundly. It made a nice change. The following morning, the girl woke, feeling refreshed and a hint better.

Xent was already awake, having not slept that night, he smiled softly as the girl woke up, "Good morning." He said, and looked into her eye's, "Did you sleep well?" He asked, and then followed quickly with, "Are you hungry?"

"Good morning." Tamsin smiled back, stretching a little as she shifted in her position. "Best nights sleep I've had in ages." And she really wasn't exaggerating, sleep had always been difficult for her, "Um, yes. Just a little." She needed to eat, whether she was hungry or not. Keeping ones strength uup was generally important.

He nodded, "Okay ... i'll be back momentarilly." He went to the kitchen, to prepare a meal for the two of them. Xent began to slice a few fruit's and vegetables.

She waited patiently for the return of the kindly man, stretching happily before settling back down, soon being rewarded by Xent showing up again."Thankyou." She smiled, "But you really, really don't need to make such an effort for me." Tamsin was perhaps labouring the point, but couldn't help feeling embarrassed.

He shrugged, "Tis nothing." he held the bowl out to her, it had meat in one section, and some fruit's in the other. He smiled, "I hope you enjoy."

Tamsin smiled, tentatively tucking into the meal. Her appetite wasn't up to all that much, but she knew she needed the nutrition. As a result, the girl slowly made her way through a fair portion of the tasty food. "Thankyou. It was delicious." No word of a lie there.

He smiled softly glad she had enjoyed it and took the bowl from her, going into the kitchen, when he returned he brought a change of clothes for her to wear, "Are you able to walk?" He asked, looking at her face.

Tamsin considered this, unsure how she would feel once she attempted to get out of bed. She felt better than she had in years, if she was honest, but didn't really want to risk that. EVen so, "I think I can." She answered, slowly beginning to rise, and eventually managing it.

He nodded and sat the clothes by her bed, "I will await your arrival outside." He said, beggining to head toward the door, when he steeped outside he breathed in the fresh air, "Ahhh."

Tamsin was quick to get changed, not wanting to keep her guardian waiting. Soon enough, she was too out in the fresh air, brreathing it in appreciatively. "Where are we going?" She asked, wondering if there was even a particular destination in mind.

He shrugged, "I figured you would wish to get out." He looked around at the beautiful village, it white, extremely white, except for one buliding, a mile away, which was made almost entirely of gold.

He smiled softly, "Would you like to see our park?"

This place was breathtaking, far removed from the smoggy, grey towns and cities of humankind. It was beautiful, and Tamsin adored the surroundings almost immediately. How could she not? Apart from anything, being in such a clean and fresh environment could only be good for her health.

"Definitely. I've never seen anything like this, it's beautiful." Tamsin smiled through a few strained coughs, then asking the pertinent question, "What is that building?" Pointing out the gold structure that stood out so proudly.

He looked over at the building and fell silent, "A place for the dead, our leader, and the oracle, we hardly go there, it is sacred ground." He replied slowly.