Birds of a Feather

Tamsin stared at her hands, noting that the blisters had been largely healed, though the skin remained red and raw. The burns had been pretty bad, as one would expect, given the situation. What he said was troubling, and Tamsin frowned as she looked at him, "But, he never talks." The phoenix had spoken in the beginning, when she had been just a girl, but had remained silent for years. But, she needed to ignore that for now, and focus on the present. "I'm fine. I'm more worried about you." She smiled weakly, then adding, "You seem alot better." Perhaps because he was no longer bleeding profusely.

He nodded, "I'm feeling alot better ..." He smiled a little, "If you weren't there ... I would be dead." He smiled gratefully, not wanting to mention the fact she had distracted him from the fight, "Thank you." Xent said softly.

Tamsin doubted that, and was well aware that her panic had hindered him quite greatly. Even so, some things were better left unsaid, and so she did her best to continue moving forward. "You don't have to tell me, but why is he so..." She trailed off, not really wanting to say evil, although she was fairly sure that was as close as anyone could get to describing it.

He shrugged softly, and leaned against the wall, "To be honest ... I really don't know ..."

Verniok sat in a cave, cursing his foolish body for being so weak, his face contorted, "Bu-But I'm only a Lasta-" He shook his head, "Your useless you ..." He narrowed his eye's, "You were the one who asked for my help ..." He cracked his neck slightly, "Don't ask a god to help you become kind next time, m'kay?" He said, smirking a little, before his leg flared up a bit and his other half screamed in pain, "Imbecile." Verniok said, "Obviously ... i'm going to have to take full control ..." his eye's widened a bit, "No wait pl-" His face turned grey, and he smirked, "Perfect, now that, that worm is gone ..." He stood up, and looked at his leg, which was now healing very quickly.

She sighed, not pressing the matter any further for the time being, as she was sure that questions would be answered in due time. "I'm sure there are better things to dwell on." Tamsin finally said, swinging her legs off the bed, gently easing her weight onto them, watching her calves tremble as she did so. "Um, could you help me? I'll be fine once I'm up, I just...need help getting started." Tamsin blushed, as lways embarrassed by her weakness.

He smiled softly, and came next to her, holding her steady, able to stand, she was stronger than she thought, he was actually suprised that she could almost stanjd by herself, after what had hppened, it was rather amusing to him, to be quite honest, he looked at her face, which she had a small blush on and he chuckled, "Is there anything else you need of me?" He asked, teasingly.

Glad to be on her feet, though still a little wobbly, Tamsin smiled at Xent, shaking her head a little. It was still surprising to her that she felt so comfortable around him, and in his world in general. She had no idea why this was, and chose to take it at face value, only enjoying the simple fact of feeling as though she belonged, for the first time in years.

For a moment, she became serious, quickly asking, "Whoever's in charge, do they know what happened? Can they do anything." Having someone so murderous running around just couldn't continue.

"Junto is trying his best ..." He said softly, "But ... We just can't find him ... he vanishes with the wind ..." He said softly, helping her stand still, nodding in agreement though. She was completely right, he had to be stopped.

Tamsin nodded, wondering if the only way to catch the madman would be to set some sort of trap. She wasn't the sort to be familiar with these things, though, and so made sure to leave it to the experts. "Well, I suppose we just have to wait. In the meantime, shall we attempt to go on?" She began to wander about the room, just getting used to the movement again, ignoring the pain and weakness she felt.

"Go on?" He asked, looking at her, what did she mean by that, "Excuse me?" He asked, wondering what she meant by go on, she probably still needed to rest, not over exert herself.

Tamsin honestly didn't know. She just didn't want to be still, perhaps because she was afraid. "I don't know." She did admit, blushing a little bit as she spoke, "I just thought, if there's anything I can do..." Tamsin always wished to help, though it was usually to her own detriment.

He pondered, what they could, and could not do, at the time being, looking out his window at the sun, "I shall prepare dinner." He said, after 2 minute's, "If you wish, you may help me." He stood up and walked toward her.

Tamsin nodded. She was pretty sure she could manage doing a little bit of cooking, or at least keep Xent company if she ended up too weak to do anything else. "Okay. I'll do what I can." And inevitably, she wouldn't be taking any time out for herself.

He nodded, "Alright, know how to bake bread?" He asked softly, "I always burn it," he admitted, blushing slightly.

Tamsin smiled, "Yes, at least I think so. It's been a while." She had always had a talent for cookery, though she hadn't had a chance to practice in some time. "I'm sure you can do it, it's just the timing's a little off." As always, offering pleasantries to others.

He shrugged a bit, "I would rather you try Tamsin." Xent smiled softly, "There's some yeast and flour in the kitchen."

She nodded, feeling that she would probably quite enjoy doing a bit of cooking. "Alright, I'll get started." Tamsin smiled, heading off to find the kitchen, beginning her work by organising what she needed, combining the ingredients quickly before kneading the dough a little, soon having it ready to prove.

He began to cut lettuce, tomato's, and several other ingredient's, making a salad at first, and smiling softly at her, preparing the meat for dinner, 2 steak's from a cow.

She kneaded the dough with the practiced ease that came with a history of regular episodes, and it was pretty soothing to say the least. "I haven't done this in ages, thankyou." She spoke as she finally finished, quickly placing it in the oven and leaning on the worktop as she smiled over at Xent.

He smiled softly, "It's nothing, I should say thank you, I needed the help." He said, smiling softly, and looking over his shoulder, as the steak's began to cook, he handed her a bowl of salad, "Here ya go." He said.