Belgrave Royal Military Academy Signup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After much delalalalaliberation and mechanical keyboard abuse, I have successfully ripped off Kestrel's formatting completed a character.

• Name: Lieselotte "Lotte" Lenz

Class: Knight

Equipment: Lotte only carries a simplistic pair of gauntlets and greaves, as well as a knife better suited for cutting cloth than flesh. While proficient with a bow, she doesn't usually bring one with her.

Element: Water | Flow
  • HlDgATK.jpg

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 113lbs
  • Lieselotte comes from a small oceanside region north of the Belgrave kingdom, referred to by the kingdom as the Hallowed Land and cut off from much of the world by cliffs and mountains, with few paths to enter. The techniques created by the residents here can be found nowhere else in the world, as the region itself seems to be the catalyst for its appearance. While traders regularly come and go, only the ever more rare travelers who discover themselves blessed by the Hallow are allowed to stay.

The families of the region all share a defining "Hallow" trait: they can redirect the flow of magic through their bodies as if it was second nature, mitigating offensive magic against them, and strengthening beneficial magic used on them. Together, even as few as a hundred men would seem virtually unbreakable in the face of an army. Combined with its location, the Hallow quickly became a neutral place in the world, and its residents worthwhile allies to neighboring Belgrave.

The Lenz family is composed of mostly archers and water mages, and as such have notable control over water and restorative magic. This is nothing to write home about, as there are more dedicated mages in the Hallowed Land, but the Lenzes' worth lies in their specialty: Antimage. Utilizing their Hallow trait, they can disrupt others' ability to use magic, causing incantations and spells to weaken, backfire or fail entirely.

Still, the Hallow is a dying breed. Only three families remain within the only village found in the region, and the ones who passed took their secrets to the grave. It was only recently that they decided to encourage younger generations to see the world, be it to learn or to find potential in others.

• With the help of her family's technique, Antimage, Lieselotte is—as the name implies—particularly useful in disabling mages, wreaking havoc on their ability to cast. To accomplish this, however, she's required to get in close range, and wears only enough armor to deal with rough terrain, putting her at high risk of harm via more physical means.

• Manages to be effective at any range.
    • Most of her magic is primarily used for utility or minor injuries.
    • Still often requires the help of another mage or knight to do the thing she's best at.

• Eager to learn and meet people from outside the Hallow, Lotte has an optimistic disposition, and enjoys hands-on learning whenever possible. However, she can't seem to take an earnest compliment, and she's not really sympathetic to others' feelings, occasionally coming off as snobby or aloof despite her sociability.

• Adept cook.
    • Learns things quick.
    • Doesn't always get good at things quick.

Reactions: Karakui
After much delalalalaliberation and mechanical keyboard abuse, I have successfully ripped off Kestrel's formatting completed a character.

• Name: Lieselotte "Lotte" Lenz

Class: Knight

Equipment: Lotte only carries a simplistic pair of gauntlets and greaves, as well as a knife better suited for cutting cloth than flesh. While proficient with a bow, she doesn't usually bring one with her.

Element: Water | Flow
  • HlDgATK.jpg

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 113lbs
  • Lieselotte comes from a small oceanside region north of the Belgrave kingdom, referred to by the kingdom as the Hallowed Land and cut off from much of the world by cliffs and mountains, with few paths to enter. The techniques created by the residents here can be found nowhere else in the world, as the region itself seems to be the catalyst for its appearance. While traders regularly come and go, only the ever more rare travelers who discover themselves blessed by the Hallow are allowed to stay.

The families of the region all share a defining "Hallow" trait: they can redirect the flow of magic through their bodies as if it was second nature, mitigating offensive magic against them, and strengthening beneficial magic used on them. Together, even as few as a hundred men would seem virtually unbreakable in the face of an army. Combined with its location, the Hallow quickly became a neutral place in the world, and its residents worthwhile allies to neighboring Belgrave.

The Lenz family is composed of mostly archers and water mages, and as such have notable control over water and restorative magic. This is nothing to write home about, as there are more dedicated mages in the Hallowed Land, but the Lenzes' worth lies in their specialty: Antimage. Utilizing their Hallow trait, they can disrupt others' ability to use magic, causing incantations and spells to weaken, backfire or fail entirely.

Still, the Hallow is a dying breed. Only three families remain within the only village found in the region, and the ones who passed took their secrets to the grave. It was only recently that they decided to encourage younger generations to see the world, be it to learn or to find potential in others.

• With the help of her family's technique, Antimage, Lieselotte is—as the name implies—particularly useful in disabling mages, wreaking havoc on their ability to cast. To accomplish this, however, she's required to get in close range, and wears only enough armor to deal with rough terrain, putting her at high risk of harm via more physical means.

• Manages to be effective at any range.
    • Most of her magic is primarily used for utility or minor injuries.
    • Still often requires the help of another mage or knight to do the thing she's best at.

• Eager to learn and meet people from outside the Hallow, Lotte has an optimistic disposition, and enjoys hands-on learning whenever possible. However, she can't seem to take an earnest compliment, and she's not really sympathetic to others' feelings, occasionally coming off as snobby or aloof despite her sociability.

• Adept cook.
    • Learns things quick.
    • Doesn't always get good at things quick.
Don't worry, Kestrel will never know. Approved.

Well they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Now did it get really stuffy in here all of a sudden or did my ego inflate?

I'll open a window. Either the stuffiness goes away or your ego floats off into the sunset. Win-win!

No you can't open a window! If the ego floats away, it'll mix with other egos and create a great cloud of smug!

Lily Lightmoon
Name: Lily Lightmoon

Appearance: Lily is very tall and voluptuous. She is extremely tall for a girl toping out at 5 foot 10 inches (70 inches/177.8 cm). She is slender and very top heavy. She has large lilac eyes with long thick deep black eyelashes. She has thick pink hair that is kept in a ponytail or braid that falls past her waist. Her eyebrows arch over her eyes in neat pink lines. Her complexion is creamy and freckled for the most part. When not in uniform she wears long lose dresses in a variety of colors.
Class: Mage

Weapon(s) and Equipment: A longbow with a quiver of arrows as well as paper talismans, like a miko.
Element: Light
Combat Info: Battle-wise she is fantastic at healing and shield magic. On Working with Rachel she has learned how to pin someone down with an arrow in their shadow. Her arrows do an insignificant amount of damage but they do paralyze the parts she hit. Much like a cleric or priest her powers really shine when facing the undead or demonic in nature. She does actual damage to those creatures rather than paralyzing them.

Non-Combat Info and Personality: Lily is brilliant about the book smarts but not so much on the social aspect of life. She is really girly and loves cooking, baking, and especially gardening. She likes to talk to the flowers, they don't judge.

Backstory: Lily grew up in Lamplight her mother was a botanist and her father was a shrine keeper. She was the youngest and showed much talent for archery at a young age. She is Rachel's best friend and has stuck by her since they were little and their moms introduced them. Lily grew up knowing she wanted to be just like her dad. She practiced and learned that she had an affinity for light magic because she was practicing her archery and she ran out of arrows without realizing it she created an arrow of light and hit the target dead center. She told Rachel who told her to tell her parents about the school and that she was going too. Her parents allowed it and she is really excited that she'll be with her best friend and at the capital.

Attachments

• MyStyle (1).jpg
    MyStyle (1).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
When are we planning to start the In Character thread ? also maybe a drawing of the academy ?

When are we planning to start the In Character thread ? also maybe a drawing of the academy ?
The IC thread was up before the weekend, check my first post in the OOC thread. I've said that anyone that wants to jump IC can start to do so already, but nobody has yet.

As for the academy, I'd like to stay vague on that just because it's always better in your own imagination.

I think you should make some post to start us off. I don't really know what to post about atm.

The IC thread was up before the weekend, check my first post in the OOC thread. I've said that anyone that wants to jump IC can start to do so already, but nobody has yet.

As for the academy, I'd like to stay vague on that just because it's always better in your own imagination.
I agree with kara atm i don't know where to start.

I think you should make some post to start us off. I don't really know what to post about atm.
I'll try to do that probably in a few hours is when I'll have the time.

We have no damage. So I made damage.

• Name: Morgan Rey

Equipment: Morgan doesn't have equipment besides his clothing. He doesn't see a need for it; it just hinders him.

Element: Fire | Pyrotechnics
  • lX4ZT5V.jpg

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 132lbs
  • Son of battlemage-turned-performer, Jacob the Firestorm, Morgan always had a knack for mixing power with flair. Born blind, but attuned to the heat levels of the world around him, his father's showmatches gave him a view incomparable to the other spectators. Desiring such mastery over his inherited element for himself, Morgan took to learning his predecessor's spells whenever he had the chance, and studied under a mage from the College when not attending his father's matches or learning basic life skills from his mother.

His own admittance to the Mage's College was at the recommendation of his tutor. In addition to Morgan's own skill, they had traced Jacob's past in combat as the leader of the Hailfire, a team of royally-appointed mages whose entire purpose was to leave little more than ash in their wake, and encouraged Morgan to train the true combat applications of his father's techniques.
  • A major damage dealer, Morgan tears apart the battlefield by chaining massive area of effect spells. While each cast alone is weaker than a more concentrated spell, the damage racks up quickly over time and affects a wide area. He's also able to protect himself from magic attacks with a bubble-like flame shield; but, while agile as a performer, Morgan has virtually no worth in physical combat.

Heat Sensor: Morgan is finely tuned to heat and heat trails, which acts as his substitute for sight. He isn't 100% able to distinguish friend from foe in the fray without taking time to follow the trails, but can understand the mechanics of most fire magic and replicate it in some form with little difficulty.

Siege: Morgan launches large fireballs in an arc, leaving a zone of flames wherever they land, and they reduce to the width of a human over time. While powerful if it hits, it's also rather slow. Instead of trying to make it hit, Morgan connects three or more active zones once enough are on the field, scorching everything inside.

Fireworks: Appearing like a show of fireworks, Morgan's magic showers an area so heavily that nothing in its radius is left untouched. A single explosion in the air creates a hail of embers, continuing to spread until it hits the ground. The embers can be ignited once more at any point in the spell's duration; a secondary delayed explosion that sacrifices immediate damage for a guaranteed hit on multiple enemies and reliable damage over time.

• Morgan is an outspoken and outgoing individual, always trying to bring out the best in himself and entertain his peers. He doesn't consider his blindness to be an impairment, and even believes it to be all the more reason to be recognized for his real talents.

• Loves to show off.
    • High sense of self. High expectations for others.
    • Prefers to think long-term, and will go along with anything if he thinks it will benefit him.
    • Often laughs at himself when he fails, but refuses to accept defeat if he can help it, to the point of stubbornness.

I thought to begin with it said "even his clothing" on the equipment :D Pyromancer Streaker.

We have no damage. So I made damage.

• Name: Morgan Rey

Equipment: Morgan doesn't have equipment besides his clothing. He doesn't see a need for it; it just hinders him.

Element: Fire | Pyrotechnics
  • lX4ZT5V.jpg

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 132lbs
  • Son of battlemage-turned-performer, Jacob the Firestorm, Morgan always had a knack for mixing power with flair. Born blind, but attuned to the heat levels of the world around him, his father's showmatches gave him a view incomparable to the other spectators. Desiring such mastery over his inherited element for himself, Morgan took to learning his predecessor's spells whenever he had the chance, and studied under a mage from the College when not attending his father's matches or learning basic life skills from his mother.

His own admittance to the Mage's College was at the recommendation of his tutor. In addition to Morgan's own skill, they had traced Jacob's past in combat as the leader of the Hailfire, a team of royally-appointed mages whose entire purpose was to leave little more than ash in their wake, and encouraged Morgan to train the true combat applications of his father's techniques.
  • A major damage dealer, Morgan tears apart the battlefield by chaining massive area of effect spells. While each cast alone is weaker than a more concentrated spell, the damage racks up quickly over time and affects a wide area. He's also able to protect himself from magic attacks with a bubble-like flame shield; but, while agile as a performer, Morgan has virtually no worth in physical combat.

Heat Sensor: Morgan is finely tuned to heat and heat trails, which acts as his substitute for sight. He isn't 100% able to distinguish friend from foe in the fray without taking time to follow the trails, but can understand the mechanics of most fire magic and replicate it in some form with little difficulty.

Siege: Morgan launches large fireballs in an arc, leaving a zone of flames wherever they land, and they reduce to the width of a human over time. While powerful if it hits, it's also rather slow. Instead of trying to make it hit, Morgan connects three or more active zones once enough are on the field, scorching everything inside.

Fireworks: Appearing like a show of fireworks, Morgan's magic showers an area so heavily that nothing in its radius is left untouched. A single explosion in the air creates a hail of embers, continuing to spread until it hits the ground. The embers can be ignited once more at any point in the spell's duration; a secondary delayed explosion that sacrifices immediate damage for a guaranteed hit on multiple enemies and reliable damage over time.

• Morgan is an outspoken and outgoing individual, always trying to bring out the best in himself and entertain his peers. He doesn't consider his blindness to be an impairment, and even believes it to be all the more reason to be recognized for his real talents.

• Loves to show off.
    • High sense of self. High expectations for others.
    • Prefers to think long-term, and will go along with anything if he thinks it will benefit him.
    • Often laughs at himself when he fails, but refuses to accept defeat if he can help it, to the point of stubbornness.
Approved

HTj8l1I.jpg

six-feet-under.regular.png

★ B A S I C S ★

Name
Yuzu

Class
Fairy

★ P E R S O N A L I T Y ★

Positive Traits

Optimistic, Flirty, Playful, Curious, Energetic, Encouraging

Negative Traits
Mischevious, Naive, Clumsy, Impulsive

Motivation
To learn all she can about the human world

Desire
To collect as much dollhouse furniture and clothes as she can

Biggest Fear
Getting caught by evil humans that want to rip off her wings / study her / dissect her

Hobbies
Collecting doll's furniture/clothes, playing with Roland, caring for flowers and woodland creatures, and playing tricks on humans

Flowers, dollhouse clothes and furniture, large trees, (most) birds

Dislikes
Hawks, owls, eagles,
mean humans, fire

Talents
Gardening, scavenging, hiding

★ C O M B A T ★

Yuzu doesn't partake in combat of any sort since fairies were a peaceful race. She is a very fast flyer, however, so she can easily escape from animals or humans chasing her if she needs to unless she's caught unguarded. She also has the power to grow small plants and flowers quickly, as well as communicate with a few woodland creatures, so in pinch, she can sometimes use those powers to help her out.

★ B A C K S T O R Y ★

Yuzu was playing in the forest one day up in the trees when she heard the voices of humans in the nearby ruins. She loved playing tricks on the scholars that came to the ruins to study old artifacts, so much so that the place had earned a reputation for being haunted. Obviously, she wasn't going to let these humans go without playing a little prank on them. She hid behind the branch of a nearby tree, watching the entrance to the ruins as she formed a plan. "Hm... Maybe I'll grow the ivy around the door so they can't get out! The stupid humans will think they're trapped! Hehe. Well... maybe that's too harsh. I could just go for the classic acorn pelting." As Yuzu debated the type of trick she would play, two humans had snuck up behind her, one with a jar in his hand. She was completely unaware of them, however, as they had used a secret entrance/exit even she didn't know about it. Before she knew it, she was in the jar, staring at the faces of a young boy and girl. The boy smirked at his new capture, and Yuzu's thoughts swam with all the things the other fairies had told her about. Surely, these humans were going to rip off her wings, place her under a microscope, and dissect every part of her small body. The fear overtook her, and tiny tears rolled down her cheeks. As the young man watched her, his smirk faded from his lips and was slowly replaced with a remorseful glance. He took pity on her and opened the lid of the jar. Yuzu stood there for a moment in shock, the trail of the tears on her cheek drying. Was he... Letting her go? She slowly climbed out of the jar and stretched out her wings once again. Then, she remembered something very important. According to fairy tradition, if a fairy is ever captured by a human and let go of without being hurt, the fairy must then spend the rest of her life tied to that human since it showed a great deal of kindness and compassion. Of course, the bond must be sealed first. Yuzu flew up to his face and gave him a quick peck on the lips, sealing her bond to him. The young man turned bright red, and Yuzu laughed at the funny color of his face and decided to introduce herself.
Little did she know, the young man had spotted her, and as she snuck up behind him, he turned around, a jar and a lid in his hand. She froze in fear as he put the two together, capturing her inside. As he smirked at his new capture, the acorn she was holding dropped to the bottom of the jar, clanking against the glass. Her thoughts swam with all the things the other fairies had told her about. Surely, this human was going to rip off her wings, place her under a microscope, and dissect every part of her small body. The fear overtook her, and tiny tears rolled down her cheeks. As the young man watched her, his smirk faded from his lips and was slowly replaced with a remorseful glance. He took pity on her and opened the lid of the jar. Yuzu stood there for a moment in shock, the trail of the tears on her cheek drying. Was he... Letting her go? She slowly climbed out of the jar and stretched out her wings once again. Then, she remembered something very important. According to fairy tradition, if a fairy is ever captured by a human and let go of without being hurt, the fairy must then spend the rest of her life tied to that human since it showed a great deal of kindness and compassion. Of course, the bond must be sealed first. Yuzu flew up to his face and gave him a quick peck on the lips, sealing her bond to him. The young man turned bright red, and Yuzu laughed at the funny color of his face and decided to introduce herself.

"You spared me and showed compassion for others by letting me go. By fairy tradition, I've sealed our bond with a kiss. You may call me Yuzu if you wish, master!"

Obviously the Roland was shocked about all this, but after a few weeks, they started to grow accustomed to each other. Roland had even found a small doll's dress that he gave to Yuzu as a gift. Yuzu was amazed at the idea that there were smaller versions of human clothing and furniture, fit perfectly for a fairy. She quickly donned the dress, now realizing she couldn't go back to her home with the other fairies. While a human that spared a fairy was honoured and respected, the fairy who served them was not. In fact, Yuzu now belonged more to the human world than she did the fairy world, so she decided to create a new home with small things she found around the neighborhood. Whenever she finds piece of dollhouse furniture or clothing she, of course, adds it to her collection, fascinated by the elegance and craftsmanship of the items.

★ O T H E R ★

Pet Peeve
Going into Roland's wooden pendant. She finds it awfully tight and cramped in there, and only hides there as a last resort.

Biggest Secret
She doesn't tell Roland that she can't talk to the other fairies now that she serves him. She's worried him might blame himself, so she usually skirts around the topic of other fairies.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Almalthia
HTj8l1I.jpg

six-feet-under.regular.png

★ B A S I C S ★

Name
Yuzu

Class
Fairy

★ P E R S O N A L I T Y ★

Positive Traits

Optimistic, Flirty, Playful, Curious, Energetic, Encouraging

Negative Traits
Mischevious, Naive, Clumsy, Impulsive

Motivation
To learn all she can about the human world

Desire
To collect as much dollhouse furniture and clothes as she can

Biggest Fear
Getting caught by evil humans that want to rip off her wings / study her / dissect her

Hobbies
Collecting doll's furniture/clothes, playing with Roland, caring for flowers and woodland creatures, and playing tricks on humans

Flowers, dollhouse clothes and furniture, large trees, (most) birds

Dislikes
Hawks, owls, eagles,
mean humans, fire

Talents
Gardening, scavenging, hiding

★ C O M B A T ★

Yuzu doesn't partake in combat of any sort since fairies were a peaceful race. She is a very fast flyer, however, so she can easily escape from animals or humans chasing her if she needs to unless she's caught unguarded. She also has the power to grow small plants and flowers quickly, as well as communicate with a few woodland creatures, so in pinch, she can sometimes use those powers to help her out.

★ B A C K S T O R Y ★

Yuzu was playing in the forest one day up in the trees when she noticed a human walking down below her. It was the first time she saw a human in that part of the forest, and even though she had been warned by many other fairies to stay away from them, she desperately wanted to play a trick on him. She darted around from tree to tree, tossing acorns at him as he looked around, trying to figure out where he was being pelted from. Yuzu got cocky, and decided as one last trick, she'd put an acorn down the back of his shirt and then fly away. Little did she know, the young man had spotted her, and as she snuck up behind him, he turned around, a jar and a lid in his hand. She froze in fear as he put the two together, capturing her inside. As he smirked at his new capture, the acorn she was holding dropped to the bottom of the jar, clanking against the glass. Her thoughts swam with all the things the other fairies had told her about. Surely, this human was going to rip off her wings, place her under a microscope, and dissect every part of her small body. The fear overtook her, and tiny tears rolled down her cheeks. As the young man watched her, his smirk faded from his lips and was slowly replaced with a remorseful glance. He took pity on her and opened the lid of the jar. Yuzu stood there for a moment in shock, the trail of the tears on her cheek drying. Was he... Letting her go? She slowly climbed out of the jar and stretched out her wings once again. Then, she remembered something very important. According to fairy tradition, if a fairy is ever captured by a human and let go of without being hurt, the fairy must then spend the rest of her life tied to that human since it showed a great deal of kindness and compassion. Of course, the bond must be sealed first. Yuzu flew up to his face and gave him a quick peck on the lips, sealing her bond to him. The young man turned bright red, and Yuzu laughed at the funny color of his face and decided to introduce herself.

"You spared me and showed compassion for others by letting me go. By fairy tradition, I've sealed our bond with a kiss. You may call me Yuzu if you wish, master!"

Obviously the Roland was shocked about all this, but after a few weeks, they started to grow accustomed to each other. Roland had even found a small doll's dress that he gave to Yuzu as a gift. Yuzu was amazed at the idea that there were smaller versions of human clothing and furniture, fit perfectly for a fairy. She quickly donned the dress, now realizing she couldn't go back to her home with the other fairies. While a human that spared a fairy was honoured and respected, the fairy who served them was not. In fact, Yuzu now belonged more to the human world than she did the fairy world, so she decided to create a new home with small things she found around the neighborhood. Whenever she finds piece of dollhouse furniture or clothing she, of course, adds it to her collection, fascinated by the elegance and craftsmanship of the items.

★ O T H E R ★

Pet Peeve
Going into Roland's wooden pendant. She finds it awfully tight and cramped in there, and only hides there as a last resort.

Biggest Secret
She doesn't tell Roland that she can't talk to the other fairies now that she serves him. She's worried him might blame himself, so she usually skirts around the topic of other fairies.

Approved. Our mascot character has arrived!

Rebecca Rosewater
Element: Water/Ice

Becky
Appearance

Becky stands at a minuscule 4'11". She sports red hair framing her face and reaching to the middle of her back, along with steel-rimmed glasses highlighting her ocean-blue eyes, with pale skin and freckles across her entire body. She has a demure physique, and adds feminine accents to whatever outfit she wears to compensate for the fact that she is as flat as an ironing board.

Personality
Intellectually brilliant, she has the personality one would expect of a tortured genius. She is shy and introverted, but blossoms when something piques her curiosity. The only thing she loves more than books is her best friend Roland, who remains painfully oblivious to that fact. She is earnest and polite, but feels out of place in social situations. She possesses terrible insecurities about her body, especially her height and her chest. She is caring and supportive of her friends, and is unrelentingly stubborn when one of them attempts to isolate themselves from her. Her mood can be altered by the weather. When it rains, she becomes a joyous free spirit who will dance without provocation.

Equipment/Combat
Becky reluctantly wields a Chronarii artifact in the form of a book. She remains unsure of its full abilities or how she is even able to use it, but the book appears to be of unlimited pages. She can "scan" a person or object using a unique spell to display their information on a page and use her limited and unexplained knowledge of the Chronarii language to read specific "codes" on that page. She can then take out or put in a limited amount of that code from the words she knows to make a person stronger or weaker, or change the properties of an item. This gives her unique support utility to supplement her elemental repertoire of equal parts attack and defense. She can also use water to heal, to a degree, although her healing specialty lies in purging toxins from the body.

Non Combat
Becky plays the koto and is happiest when playing with Roland.

History
Becky grew up in an independent farming village, born to two mages who settled down from their adventuring lifestyle to serve as part of the village's defense and raise their daughter. She spent her days reading anything and everything she could get her hands on, falling in love with stories of people journeying to far-off places and having adventures beyond imagination. Her best friends during her childhood were her neighbors Roland, and another girl, Celeste, both children of her parent's friends that settled into the village's defense force. An incident when she was 8 years old claimed Celeste's life, as well as that of Roland's father and permanently stripping his mother of her ability to walk. Roland, unwilling to accept charity, began to pick up what work a 9 year-old could do in his father's absence, becoming his family's primary breadwinner. Becky, meanwhile, unwilling to let anyone else do the job, spent what time she could taking care of things at his home, helping his mother and his baby sister. When Roland was 12, he left the village to go seek better-paying work. His departure broke Becky's heart, but she stayed behind to take care of what mattered to him most. She communicated with him only via letter for 3 long years. He finally returned home shortly after Becky turned 14, announcing he had accepted a blacksmith's apprenticeship in a far off country. Unwilling to accept his best friend's deference of her own dreams on his behalf any longer, he also informed her he had arranged an interview for her at a college for mages in the same country. With his little sister now old enough to take care of their mother on her own, he brought Becky with him to the Kingdom of Belgrave...

Attachments

• MyStyle (4).jpg
    MyStyle (4).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 31
Rebecca Rosewater
Element: Water/Ice

[bimg=fleft|center|Becky|no-lightbox]94002[/bimg]Appearance
Becky stands at a minuscule 4'11". She sports red hair framing her face and reaching to the middle of her back, along with steel-rimmed glasses highlighting her ocean-blue eyes, with pale skin and freckles across her entire body. She has a demure physique, and adds feminine accents to whatever outfit she wears to compensate for the fact that she is as flat as an ironing board.

Personality
Intellectually brilliant, she has the personality one would expect of a tortured genius. She is shy and introverted, but blossoms when something piques her curiosity. The only thing she loves more than books is her best friend Roland, who remains painfully oblivious to that fact. She is earnest and polite, but feels out of place in social situations. She possesses terrible insecurities about her body, especially her height and her chest. She is caring and supportive of her friends, and is unrelentingly stubborn when one of them attempts to isolate themselves from her. Her mood can be altered by the weather. When it rains, she becomes a joyous free spirit who will dance without provocation.

Equipment/Combat
Becky reluctantly wields a Chronarii artifact in the form of a book. She remains unsure of its full abilities or how she is even able to use it, but the book appears to be of unlimited pages. She can "scan" a person or object using a unique spell to display their information on a page and use her limited and unexplained knowledge of the Chronarii language to read specific "codes" on that page. She can then take out or put in a limited amount of that code from the words she knows to make a person stronger or weaker, or change the properties of an item. This gives her unique support utility to supplement her elemental repertoire of equal parts attack and defense. She can also use water to heal, to a degree, although her healing specialty lies in purging toxins from the body.

Non Combat
Becky plays the koto and is happiest when playing with Roland.

History
Becky grew up in an independent farming village, born to two mages who settled down from their adventuring lifestyle to serve as part of the village's defense and raise their daughter. She spent her days reading anything and everything she could get her hands on, falling in love with stories of people journeying to far-off places and having adventures beyond imagination. Her best friends during her childhood were her neighbors Roland, and another girl, Celeste, both children of her parent's friends that settled into the village's defense force. An incident when she was 8 years old claimed Celeste's life, as well as that of Roland's father and permanently stripping his mother of her ability to walk. Roland, unwilling to accept charity, began to pick up what work a 9 year-old could do in his father's absence, becoming his family's primary breadwinner. Becky, meanwhile, unwilling to let anyone else do the job, spent what time she could taking care of things at his home, helping his mother and his baby sister. When Roland was 12, he left the village to go seek better-paying work. His departure broke Becky's heart, but she stayed behind to take care of what mattered to him most. She communicated with him only via letter for 3 long years. He finally returned home shortly after Becky turned 14, announcing he had accepted a blacksmith's apprenticeship in a far off country. Unwilling to accept his best friend's deference of her own dreams on his behalf any longer, he also informed her he had arranged an interview for her at a college for mages in the same country. With his little sister now old enough to take care of their mother on her own, he brought Becky with him to the Kingdom of Belgrave...
Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.