Sooo I can't make any promises right now, but I'm hoping I can get back into doing some RP stuff next weekend.

Hopefully.

Edit: Lol. Look at my early-November self. I was so young then. So naive...

Last edited:
Sooo I can't make any promises right now, but I'm hoping I can get back into doing some RP stuff next weekend.

Hopefully.

Oh you tease.

I think the party should convince Garret to let us hitch a ride. I imagine the folks who have been conversating with Dust and Garret would also grill the new Pyran, taking care of the character introduction while the other half of the party goes to hunt game and edible plants. This could take place between two collaborative posts, one post where the hunting/gathering party departs from the negotiating/suspicious party and proceeds to interrogate the new character so she can be introduced. The second one consisting of the hunting party trying to get organized with each other with a portion of this being glossed over since hunting would probably take longer than grilling the new girl to see if she's with Ace's band. Then we can converge once again as a party, hit the road, and then skip to that night, maybe.

Or we can just skip everything. I dunno.

I think the party should convince Garret to let us hitch a ride.

I assumed that was already the plan. o.o

I imagine the folks who have been conversating with Dust and Garret would also grill the new Pyran, taking care of the character introduction while the other half of the party goes to hunt game and edible plants. This could take place between two collaborative posts, one post where the hunting/gathering party departs from the negotiating/suspicious party and proceeds to interrogate the new character so she can be introduced. The second one consisting of the hunting party trying to get organized with each other with a portion of this being glossed over since hunting would probably take longer than grilling the new girl to see if she's with Ace's band. Then we can converge once again as a party, hit the road, and then skip to that night, maybe.

Or we can just skip everything. I dunno.

Yeeaaaaah I figured people would prefer to just skip on over to the next city by this point. o.o Trying to coordinate a bunch of collaborative posts, especially after this long of a hiatus, just sounds kind of... clunky. People are itching to get moving. One quick skip is probably for the best.

I mean, you guys can do a bunch more posts in the meantime before I get my life held together firmly enough to start doing RP stuff again, but like... I for one don't plan on coordinating such an... involved transition from point A to point B. Because I figured everyone would want to get moving again a lot faster than that. o_o"

Everyone else in the RP is welcome to correct me if my assumption is wrong, however.

>.> So...

I know I said I didn't want to leave you guys hanging for too long... and, in my head, that meant, "I'm going to get back on top of things before the semester ends, as opposed to dropping all RP stuff until after the end of the semester," but...

At this point, I really don't see myself getting back into RP stuff before the semester ends. Just surviving the semester is a daunting enough task right now. @Effort has graciously agreed to ghostwrite the timeskip post for me, which, yes, should really speed things up, as fleshing posts out into full sentences is always the part that takes the most spoons out of me, but... even the process of getting effort the notes he would need from me to write up a post is... happening rather slowly... and by "slowly" I mean "really not at all."

Sorry again about this, folks. I really did want to prevent this sort of thing from happening again this semester, but...

*sigh* I really hate using "debilitating mental health problems" as an excuse for my shortcomings, but... that's pretty much where I'm at right now...

@Neobullseye @Christmas Turtle @Majem @Effort @Demmy @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

So uh

I am completely clueless about all matters related to distance and/or time.

In the IC, how much time did you guys think would pass before the group made it to Iblea? I was going to say that our group made it there before the end of the day. But Effort says he was under the impression that it would take more than a full day. I have no idea which would be more accurate, not only because I have no idea what a reasonable travel time to get from point A to point B would be, but also because I have no idea what a reasonable distance between those points would be, either.

I just thought that getting to Iblea before the end of the day made more sense because then you guys wouldn't have had 2-3 days go by without having any clue what your characters did in all that time. But maybe you wanted a lot of time to pass so you could fill in those gaps with whatever you wanted??

I dunno. Let me know what you guys think.

Alright here we go:

Tralviland was most likely a port town already and will therefore most likely have a lighthouse. If it was built well and on an already elevated place, it could easily be 40m above sea level. The horizon in kilometres is 3.57 times the square root of the height in meters, so we end up with about 22.5km between our lighthouse and the farthest point it can see, with refraction on a cold day, it's even further so let's say 25km. If we assume the lighthouse keeper could just about make out the southern continent Heiana, then we have ourselves a measurable distance for our map.

nbOYJ70.png

So the path I lined out from Atvance to Iblea, with a fork around the middle towards Era, would be about 75km long which could be possible in a day, but would take about 15hrs of non-stop walking at a good pace which seems ill-advised. Since we didn't leave at the crack of dawn and hopefully had a breakfast and stopped for lunch at the fork in the road, our day might've looked like this.
Leave at 8-ish in the morning, walk about 30km until 2pm then stop for lunch. We'd still have 45km left to go which would take nine hours at best, allowing us to be in Iblea at midnight, but wandering the streets at night can be unpleasant, especially for exhausted travellers, so we'd better set up a camp somewhere before getting to town.

A straight line between Atvance and Tarocchi would be about 240km with my estimates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright here we go:

Tralviland was most likely a port town already and will therefore most likely have a lighthouse. If it was built well and on an already elevated place, it could easily be 40m above sea level. The horizon in kilometres is 3.57 times the square root of the height in meters, so we end up with about 22.5km between our lighthouse and the farthest point it can see, with refraction on a cold day, it's even further so let's say 25km. If we assume the lighthouse keeper could just about make out the southern continent Heiana, then we have ourselves a measurable distance for our map.

nbOYJ70.png

So the path I lined out from Atvance to Iblea, with a fork around the middle towards Era, would be about 75km long which could be possible in a day, but would take about 15hrs of non-stop walking at a good pace which seems ill-advised. Since we didn't leave at the crack of dawn and hopefully had a breakfast and stopped for lunch at the fork in the road, our day might've looked like this.
Leave at 8-ish in the morning, walk about 30km until 2pm then stop for lunch. We'd still have 45km left to go which would take nine hours at best, allowing us to be in Iblea at midnight, but wandering the streets at night can be unpleasant, especially for exhausted travellers, so we'd better set up a camp somewhere before getting to town.

A straight line between Atvance and Tarocchi would be about 475km with my estimates.

O.O WELL THEN.

That solves that issue, I guess.

Hmm how many would that wagon be able to carry?

That's a good question. The Pyran and big human guy are most concerning right off, no offense.

So we'll say maybe a few hours earlier because of horse drawn wagon?

I mean, I'm not sure a difference of a few hours would change the fact that they'd have to stop someplace overnight. I figured this means they would arrive early the next morning either way.

Reactions: Greenie
Yeah, I reckon it would probably make sense to stop for the night and then resume the remaining journey in the morning :3

Hmm how many would that wagon be able to carry?

That's a good question. The Pyran and big human guy are most concerning right off, no offense.

You know, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure why we settled on the group getting a ride from Walter in the first place. I think it was to cut down on travel time? But if it doesn't make a difference, then we could just say that the group parted ways with Walter quite a ways back and then walked the rest of the way. o_o"

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
Huh that's true as well well. :"D

I believe the difference would be more significant. Since horses are literally used for such things, however the benefit may lie in longer distances traveled. I'll look into it.

Looks like horses walk at an average of 6.4 kmph, while the human average is 5 kmph. At the walking it pace it seems comparable, the advantage then would lie in the horses stamina. Which if you consider the stamina and the horse trotting/jogging at 13 kmph compared to human average 10 kmph, could make a bigger difference.

However all this might be moot, since as Greenie brought, there might not even be space enough on the wagon. Looking at the first result on the internet: Including its tongue, the average Conestoga wagon was 18 feet (5.4 m) long, 11 feet (3.3 m) high, and 4 feet (1.2 m) in width. It could carry up to 12,000 pounds (5,400 kg) of cargo.

So, maybe. Or if we want, we could cut the bullshit and just say we arrive the next morning and set this as the precedent for travel between Iblea and Atvance. Then if wanted, we could possibly use this as a starting point for a scale for future world building.

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours