SO

The textbooks that I had to purchase for this upcoming semester arrived in the mail today.

I haven't stopped smiling since I opened those packages, because… I'm having a hard time accepting that this is real.

When I saw one of those textbooks, I assumed that some sort of mistake had been made. Either I accidentally purchased the wrong book, or, they somehow mailed me the wrong book.

But no, I just double-checked the textbook requirements that were posted online. This is the correct book.

Now, omitting the words at the beginning of the sentence that would give this away, I'm going to copy part of the summary from the inside cover. I want you to read this, and picture in your head, what kind of book this is,

"…that uses a theological disputation to explore interfaith religions, the complicated dynamics between Christians and Jews in medieval Spain, and the nature of truth."

So, you've got some history, some theology, and some philosophy. You're probably picturing a sophisticated-looking paperback, filled with dense-looking paragraphs of text that's all really hard to follow. There's hardly any color in it, and certainly none of all the fancy pictures and infographics that other textbooks may offer.

Was that what you were picturing? Was I close?

Well, that would be an accurate description of all the other books that I bought for this particular course. But as for this book…

Well, let me show you what the inside of the book actually looks like:

FullSizeR_5.jpg

It's a graphic novel.

Or, technically, you can't really call it a "novel" — the book describes itself as a "graphic history".

But… the point remains…

This is a thing.

Good that someone is going to answer that door, because Victarion was gonna bust that thing open if he was ignored. Like....kabaam. or...I dunno, a sold thunk maybe. Hmmm...

@Kagayours , Give me a status report on the structural integrity of this village's doors. The world depends on it
Uhhh.

Ask @Effort.

• Love
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Oh the door itself? It's a decently thick door, I'd call it a work door, mean for the purposes of frequent and rough use. I guess it's made of like thick oak and reinforced with iron bands?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make a post tonight ^^

• Love
Reactions: AnimeLover_Princess
Soooo, I think technically it's my turn to post for my little group, but I haven't because to me it makes more sense for Raymond to respond to Roxann before Calder chimes in again. Sorry for not clarifying that a bit sooner. :/

Soooo, I think technically it's my turn to post for my little group, but I haven't because to me it makes more sense for Raymond to respond to Roxann before Calder chimes in again. Sorry for not clarifying that a bit sooner. :/
Ok then. Just make sure @Eruantien knows that you're waiting for him, in that case.

• Thank You
Reactions: Turtle of Doom
Ok then. Just make sure @Eruantien knows that you're waiting for him, in that case.
I was unaware, but much obliged for the ping. o7

Also, I'm sorry @Snowy Turtle that I used your older username, thus the ping didn't actually work in my post just now. I was going off of the character list in the first post of the IC thread, which doesn't update... whoops. xP

Also, I'm sorry @Snowy Turtle that I used your older username, thus the ping didn't actually work in my post just now. I was going off of the character list in the first post of the IC thread, which doesn't update... whoops. xP
Constantly-changing usernames are a massive pet peeve of mine. I have a rule in most (if not all) of my RP's which states that players should make a public statement in the OOC whenever their username changes, so that I'll know who they are and that I have to update the first post of the OOC to reflect the name change. This is directed a bit more at members whose usernames change drastically, so that people don't get confused and think that two usernames from the same member are actually two completely different members (yes, this has happened before). Turtle's name changes are a bit less of an issue since we all still know who she is, so, I never made a fuss about it.

But, since she never gave me a poke specifically to mention any name changes, I generally don't make a mental note to ever change the OOC, even after I notice the change. The fact that her username is still recognizable through all the changes also doesn't add much motivation to change it.

Oh, and there's the fact that it updates often enough that changing the name on the character list just sort of feels like... what's the point?

*flips a very small table*

I'll try to get a post out later today too.

I was unaware, but much obliged for the ping. o7

No problem at all. I actually haven't had a problem with alerts for the IC just the OOC so it was not really that big of an issue.
Oh, and there's the fact that it updates often enough that changing the name on the character list just sort of feels like... what's the point?
While I'm pretty sure that I told you about my last name change, I can understand on this one. I'll change it to Dammit Turtle next time, preemptively damning myself for another freaking name change :P

• Thank You
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Eru and Greenie
  • Thank You
Reactions: PoetLore
@Kagayours @PoetLore @Eruantien Forgot to tag in post. Sorry.
That's fine. I never made a requirement for tagging in posts and I didn't even realize that was a thing that you all had gotten accustomed to, anyway. ^^" I just put the thread on my watched list and let that do its thing. o.o"

Reactions: Turtle of the Tired
That's fine. I never made a requirement for tagging in posts and I didn't even realize that was a thing that you all had gotten accustomed to, anyway. ^^" I just put the thread on my watched list and let that do its thing. o.o"
I do it because sometimes I don't get thread notifs even though I'm watching it. It's just an added level to make sure people know it's done.

Reactions: PoetLore
@Snowy Turtle @Effort @Neobullseye @Luma @Eruantien @PoetLore @Greenie @Rithas @AnimeLover_Princess

Sorry for the delays in posting. The first week of school has been more hectic than I anticipated, I'm going to a convention this weekend (which just makes things feel more crowded as I won't have this weekend to work on stuff), and I've been working on a very long Fandomstuck post which has left me with hardly any time and energy left for other RP-related things. And since I'll probably have some catching up to do at the start of next week so that I don't feel like I'm falling behind due to being away that weekend, I probably won't be able to even start any posts for here until about halfway through next week (so, about a week from today).

Sorry again for the wait. Just wanted to keep everyone here in-the-know...

I've gotten super busy with both start of the semester and I got cast in 4 of the 5 shows that have had auditions so far; the first hasn't actually gone up yet, and the other 3 will start up soon, and classes are keeping me nice and busy.
So I'll be a bit slow in responding, I'm sorry in advance, but I'll try my best not to fall too far behind.

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
@Neobullseye I'd like to make a request: Please hold off on posting for Alicia until I can get a Clay post up.

I already had one half-written when Rithas posted for Victarion, which means I might have to go back and make some edits... and since our group is just-about merging with the one inside Darius's lab at this point, I'd really prefer to not fall into a cycle of having more things to react to every time I start to work on my post and then needing to go back and edit... especially given what little time I have for posting... @_@

Hopefully I'll at least be able to finish my post for Clay by the end of Sunday. Although the aforementioned edits might put me back a day or so... Kaga's experiencing a bit of a spoon shortage atm...

@Neobullseye I'd like to make a request: Please hold off on posting for Alicia until I can get a Clay post up.

I already had one half-written when Rithas posted for Victarion, which means I might have to go back and make some edits... and since our group is just-about merging with the one inside Darius's lab at this point, I'd really prefer to not fall into a cycle of having more things to react to every time I start to work on my post and then needing to go back and edit... especially given what little time I have for posting... @_@

Hopefully I'll at least be able to finish my post for Clay by the end of Sunday. Although the aforementioned edits might put me back a day or so... Kaga's experiencing a bit of a spoon shortage atm...
...Good thing I took another look at the OoC thread before actually posting in the IC thread XD.