• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
  • Love
Reactions: Greenie
Soooo if any of you think you have the free time and want to help Iwaku out, then, please, consider applying. :D
I agrees! *stares at people*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
@Kagayours ,@Neobullseye .

Should my next post have trio making it to the source of the explosion?

In that line of thought, I really need to check whose actually still there. I kinda got lost on the other people a while back.

@Kagayours ,@Neobullseye .

Should my next post have trio making it to the source of the explosion?
Yeah, if you want.
In that line of thought, I really need to check whose actually still there. I kinda got lost on the other people a while back.
Pretty much everyone who was at the source of the explosion is now inside Darius's lab. The priestess is telling them all about destiny and stuff.

Heyyyy guyyyys.

I just wanted to let you all know -- that Iwaku is currently looking for more staff members. And that I, a GM with many RP's, am using my presence as GM to encourage you all to consider applying to become a staff member. ^^

Soooo if any of you think you have the free time and want to help Iwaku out, then, please, consider applying. :D
I think it might be interesting but I just don't have the time
thanks though Kaga :)

Have I ever talked about how infuriatingly over-complicated and confusing the Trigun manga is?

I'm not talking about the plot or anything, by the way -- I'm just referring to the confusing way in which they're all numbered and titled, making it difficult to even figure out the correct order in which you're supposed to read them if you're not paying close attention to what you're doing.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-09%20at%204.22.36%20PM.png

All of these are "Trigun volume 2", in a way -- but they are all very different things.

Also, the actual Trigun volume 2 that I was looking for isn't even the first one listed on this page -- despite it matching my exact search terms much more closely than the actual first result.

Also, who the fuck is this "Chris Warner" person and why is he able to slap his name on a Trigun manga like that?

I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT. I DON'T HAVE THE ANSWER. I'M WAITING FOR SOMEONE ELSE TO EXPLAIN IT. @_@

Trigun Omnibus is just a re-publication of the original Trigun, condensed into fewer books. Except even that isn't completely true -- Trigun Maximum Omnibus is a condensed version of Trigun Maximum (and by "condensed" I just mean that one book of Maximum Omnibus equals 2-3 books from the original Maximum series), but the original Trigun series was originally published as larger-than-average mangas to begin with, meaning that both the original Trigun and Trigun Omnibus are two volumes long -- and I don't even know what the difference is between the two of them. (You can see now what I was getting at when I said that the Trigun manga is weirdly complex in its naming and numbering.)

In any case

Trigun -- and, by extension, Trigun Omnibus -- was written by Yasuhiro Nightow. And the only search result in that screenshot that erroneously lists Chris Warner as the author -- is the one that's being sold by Barnes&Noble, which is where my screenshot was from to begin with.

By best guess is that Chris Warner might have translated the manga into English, which is why he's listed as a secondary author on some of these search results. But like... he still shouldn't be listed as the main author on B&N.

And the fact that B&N managed to screw up badly enough to get that to happen is kind of ridiculous. XD

ALSO COME TO THINK OF IT -- I'M NOT SURE WHY GOOGLE AUTOMATICALLY PULLS UP TRIGUN OMNIBUS WHEN YOU DIDN'T EVEN MENTION THE OMNIBUS BIT. ...And I'm still like 99% sure that Trigun Omnibus doesn't actually differ in content from the original Trigun, which means that Chris Warner would also be the translator of the original Trigun (if I'm correct in assuming that he translated it at all), sooo...

@Eruantien OK, WAIT, NO,

I HAVE JUST CHECKED SEVERAL HARD COPIES OF TRIGUN MANGA THAT I ACTUALLY OWN, AND I'VE UNCOVERED SOME INTERESTING THINGS.

As it turns out, Chris Warner is not the translator. The translator of both Trigun (original) and Trigun Maximum is Justin Burns. Chris Warner's name was nowhere to be found on either the original or Maximum manga.

Now, I also own a copy of Trigun: Multiple Bullets -- and I almost didn't even bother taking it off the shelf for this, because it's so far removed from the original manga that I doubted that I'd find any connection to what's happening here. How "far removed", you ask? The first two chapters are a mini-story that's meant to serve as a continuation of the Trigun: Badlands Rumble movie (which didn't come out until after Trigun Maximum ended, and doesn't really fit into the manga or anime storyline at all), and the remaining chapters are all basically just really-well-made Trigun fan-comics -- as the rest of the book is just a collection of one-off Trigun stories made by professional manga authors other than Nightow himself.

BUT I DID TAKE TRIGUN: MULTIPLE BULLETS OFF THE SHELF FOR THIS, and you know what I found?

Chris Warner was in fact listed... as the editor of the manga. (Or, one of the editors, at least -- alongside Fred Lui.)

BUT HE WAS ONLY THE EDITOR OF TRIGUN: MULTIPLE BULLETS. The editors for both the original and Maximum series are credited jointly as Tim Erven and Fred Lui.

And, on a side-note, I don't even know who translated Trigun: Multiple Bullets. I honestly don't see anyone credited as a translator anywhere on this thing. Maybe it's still Burns' job. Maybe it's not. Who knows.

Now, I don't own any physical copies of Trigun Omnibus, and I have reason to not trust the internet when it comes to looking up the credits for the numerous and confusing publications of Trigun. But it's possible that Chris Warner was also the editor for Trigun Omnibus, which might explain the phenomena we've been witnessing. But if he was only the editor of Trigun: MB then, yeah, this is just ridiculous.

AND I STILL FIND IT INSANE THAT HE SOMEHOW GOT LISTED AS THE STRAIGHT-UP AUTHOR OF THE BOOK. WHICH HE'S NOT.

@Eruantien OK, WAIT, NO,

I HAVE JUST CHECKED SEVERAL HARD COPIES OF TRIGUN MANGA THAT I ACTUALLY OWN, AND I'VE UNCOVERED SOME INTERESTING THINGS.

As it turns out, Chris Warner is not the translator. The translator of both Trigun (original) and Trigun Maximum is Justin Burns. Chris Warner's name was nowhere to be found on either the original or Maximum manga.

Now, I also own a copy of Trigun: Multiple Bullets -- and I almost didn't even bother taking it off the shelf for this, because it's so far removed from the original manga that I doubted that I'd find any connection to what's happening here. How "far removed", you ask? The first two chapters are a mini-story that's meant to serve as a continuation of the Trigun: Badlands Rumble movie (which didn't come out until after Trigun Maximum ended, and doesn't really fit into the manga or anime storyline at all), and the remaining chapters are all basically just really-well-made Trigun fan-comics -- as the rest of the book is just a collection of one-off Trigun stories made by professional manga authors other than Nightow himself.

BUT I DID TAKE TRIGUN: MULTIPLE BULLETS OFF THE SHELF FOR THIS, and you know what I found?

Chris Warner was in fact listed... as the editor of the manga. (Or, one of the editors, at least -- alongside Fred Lui.)

BUT HE WAS ONLY THE EDITOR OF TRIGUN: MULTIPLE BULLETS. The editors for both the original and Maximum series are credited jointly as Tim Erven and Fred Lui.

And, on a side-note, I don't even know who translated Trigun: Multiple Bullets. I honestly don't see anyone credited as a translator anywhere on this thing. Maybe it's still Burns' job. Maybe it's not. Who knows.

Now, I don't own any physical copies of Trigun Omnibus, and I have reason to not trust the internet when it comes to looking up the credits for the numerous and confusing publications of Trigun. But it's possible that Chris Warner was also the editor for Trigun Omnibus, which might explain the phenomena we've been witnessing. But if he was only the editor of Trigun: MB then, yeah, this is just ridiculous.

AND I STILL FIND IT INSANE THAT HE SOMEHOW GOT LISTED AS THE STRAIGHT-UP AUTHOR OF THE BOOK. WHICH HE'S NOT.
Wow. Kudos for your investigative skills.

I guess you could say the real truth was...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

LOST IN TRANSLATION

• Love
Also @Greenie if you're still considering watching the Trigun anime, I'd just like to reassure you that it doesn't have any of the confusing name issues that the manga has. The anime is much more straight-forward in that regard. o_o"

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
Lol thanks :D I'mma check episode one tonight!

• Love

Everyone needs to see this. Dad Bowser is so precious. :,D

And, yes, I know that parental controls in video games can be a bit of a controversial subject to begin with -- but this video is a great example of how to do parental controls right and how to not be excessively cruel or controlling with it.

ALSO BOWSER'S LOCK SCREEN ON HIS PHONE IS A PICTURE OF PEACH CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT

Everyone needs to see this. Dad Bowser is so precious. :,D

And, yes, I know that parental controls in video games can be a bit of a controversial subject to begin with -- but this video is a great example of how to do parental controls right and how to not be excessively cruel or controlling with it.

ALSO BOWSER'S LOCK SCREEN ON HIS PHONE IS A PICTURE OF PEACH CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT
that was beyond adorable XD

Good that someone is going to answer that door, because Victarion was gonna bust that thing open if he was ignored. Like....kabaam. or...I dunno, a sold thunk maybe. Hmmm...

@Kagayours , Give me a status report on the structural integrity of this village's doors. The world depends on it

I have an audition today so i won't be able to post until later this afternoon. just so you know.