Nooooooo DX I didn't realize I hadn't checked one teeny alert and then missed everything else. OTL
Suggestion: Getting into the habit of checking your "watched threads" list regularly makes it easy to see if you've stopped getting alerts for anything, so you won't be left in the dark for too long. o3o

• Useful
Reactions: Greenie
*le sniffles* yeah I need to start doing that :'D

*le sniffles* yeah I need to start doing that :'D
This makes me pretty curious, actually -- if you don't regularly check your watched threads list, how do you easily access all the RP's you're in, or other noteworthy threads?

I always use my watched threads list as a quick way to access any thread that I'm involved in. I've been doing it for so long, without thinking about it, that it's just weird to me to think that apparently most people don't check their watched threads very often. o_o"" Seriously, how do you do it?

Myself I regularly check my email alerts, and I bookmark ICs and OOCs of rps I'm in. So I usually just type the first couple of letters of an rp and boom there's the address.

That's why I'm so surprised I missed a page worth of posts here D:

Myself I regularly check my email alerts, and I bookmark ICs and OOCs of rps I'm in. So I usually just type the first couple of letters of an rp and boom there's the address.

That's why I'm so surprised I missed a page worth of posts here D:
Well, I mean, I use email alerts, too -- but if I ever want to access a thread after I've already caught up on reading the newest replies, then I'll go to my watched threads list. And that happens often enough that I still go to my watched threads pretty often, even with email alerts. o_o

I guess bookmarks would make sense... although my own bookmarks would get disorganized way too quickly. owo""

I use a combination of the watched threads list and my signature.

I guess bookmarks would make sense... although my own bookmarks would get disorganized way too quickly. owo""
I recently cleaned my bookmarks out xD that's why I actually am bookmarking haha.

I recently cleaned my bookmarks out xD that's why I actually am bookmarking haha.
Well then what did you do to reach all these threads without checking your watched threads list before you started bookmarking? O_o

I usually check my email alerts very diligently so I rarely ever missed any alerts ^^ Or sometimes I do randomly check threads; since I visit them so often, the addresses are remembered.

I usually check my email alerts very diligently so I rarely ever missed any alerts ^^
>.> I mean. I do the same thing. I always have my email up in another tab, and I rarely miss alerts. However, even when I'm all caught up on my email alerts, there are still plenty of times when I want to pull up a thread that I'm involved with just to post some announcement, or check my own reference info, or go to an IC thread so that I can write a post, or go to the links to everyone's CS's so that I can easily access someone's profile and remind them to post, or post in a thread just so I can ramble about Zoombinis, or share a video in which an animated version of Ringo Starr wears a dress and sings about wanting to be a Powerpuff Girl. Those are the things that I go to my watched threads list for, and I have a hard time imagining people not needing to go to a list of threads like that on a regular basis. o_o"

Because, like, when I heard that people were having problems with alerts, and I realized what the problem was, my first thought was, "oh, yeah, I never have this problem because I use email notifications -- but I guess it could happen a lot with someone who doesn't". But THEN I was like "but wait, even if you stop getting alerts for a while, surely you'd see the thread in your watched threads list and realize you missed something, right? People seem to be left out-of-the-loop for days or even weeks on end without getting alerts -- how are they going that long without checking their watched threads list??"

I just assumed that people used it as often as I do. And, since I've realized now that people don't, I got curious as to what people use as a substitute. Because, even if you've never ever ever missed an alert, there still must be times when you'll want to pull up a thread that you've already gotten caught up on and exited out of.

BUT I guess typing it into your browser and having all your threads come in on the pull-down list works. I just feel like I'd get frustrated when something I'm looking for isn't there. *shrugs*

• Love
Holy jeez. I knew I was kind of deliberately putting off that Clay post in order to get some other things done -- but I didn't realize that @Neobullseye's been stuck since mid-November. o_o"

Ehh... I'll get around to that when I can... Omnibus really needs me to get at least one character of my own into the fray, though. >.<"
It's no problem ^_^. I know you're busy with all sorts of other stuff, so that's why I didn't really mention it.

It's no problem ^_^. I know you're busy with all sorts of other stuff, so that's why I didn't really mention it.
Words of a man brimming with unadulterated rage.

OK HOLD ON A SECOND HERE

So just a minute ago, my cat was... pawing at my vinyl collection. Almost as if he was trying to flip through the albums and decide which one he wanted to pick out. Which is weird, because... he's never done that before.

So then I'm just watching this like "uh... hi. Did you... did you want me to put some music on...?" Because, yes, I'm the kind of loser who speaks in full sentences to my pets as if they can understand me.

Now it's also worth noting that, while all this was happening, I wasn't wearing my glasses. And then, as I reached for my glasses, I was thinking of saying something to my cat like, "Wow, I didn't realize you were so interested in the Beatles, too" or something like that.

BUT THEN, when I actually put my glasses on, I saw that my cat wasn't actually interested in my albums -- he was just interested in the bug that was crawling on them, because he likes to try to hunt and kill insects around the house even though he completely sucks at it.

but like

guess what type of insect it was

no really

just

guess

I wanted to try to get a picture of it on my phone just for the sake of the visual pun, but it scurried away before I had the opportunity.

OK HOLD ON A SECOND HERE

So just a minute ago, my cat was... pawing at my vinyl collection. Almost as if he was trying to flip through the albums and decide which one he wanted to pick out. Which is weird, because... he's never done that before.

So then I'm just watching this like "uh... hi. Did you... did you want me to put some music on...?" Because, yes, I'm the kind of loser who speaks in full sentences to my pets as if they can understand me.

Now it's also worth noting that, while all this was happening, I wasn't wearing my glasses. And then, as I reached for my glasses, I was thinking of saying something to my cat like, "Wow, I didn't realize you were so interested in the Beatles, too" or something like that.

BUT THEN, when I actually put my glasses on, I saw that my cat wasn't actually interested in my albums -- he was just interested in the bug that was crawling on them, because he likes to try to hunt and kill insects around the house even though he completely sucks at it.

but like

guess what type of insect it was

no really

just

guess

I wanted to try to get a picture of it on my phone just for the sake of the visual pun, but it scurried away before I had the opportunity.
...A catterpillar?