finals for me isn't until next week thank goodness but I have some much going on this week XD
I'll probably be spending way too much time on here instead of actually doing my work that desperately need done.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
Work tomorrow and I'm dreading it siiigh. But hopefully I reply in a timely manner this round.

Raymond: *covers a dude's head with water, gives instructions that would be completely incomprehensible to someone who's ears are submerged like that, and expects him to complete a task that would also be impossible while his eyes are similarly submerged (seriously, have you ever tried looking through water? You've basically rendered him blind)*

This poor guy's gonna be found dead in the streets, and Ace will put his hands up like "well shit, you can't pin any of that on me! My hands are clean! I have no idea how this happened and for once I'm being honest about that"

#i just woke up #shitpost

Raymond: *covers a dude's head with water, gives instructions that would be completely incomprehensible to someone who's ears are submerged like that, and expects him to complete a task that would also be impossible while his eyes are similarly submerged (seriously, have you ever tried looking through water? You've basically rendered him blind)*

This poor guy's gonna be found dead in the streets, and Ace will put his hands up like "well shit, you can't pin any of that on me! My hands are clean! I have no idea how this happened and for once I'm being honest about that"

#i just woke up #shitpost
well I mean... it's not that much water........it's very clean and clear, too................ he should probably run after Raymond anyway...............................

#BadDecisions #WasteHisTime #RaymondIsACruelMistress #ScrewFinals

well I mean... it's not that much water........it's very clean and clear, too................ he should probably run after Raymond anyway...............................

If all else fails, you can just explain it away by saying a wizard did it. Especially because that's exactly what happened :P

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru

No matter how clean the water is, opening your eyes underwater still results in blurryness. I'm pretty sure the human eye just isn't built to deal with light entering it through a medium other than air. o_o Oh, and if his ears are submerged, then there's still the issue of him possibly not being able to hear you all too well, either. Things tend to sound a bit muffled when your ears are clogged up like that.

In any case -- calling him deaf and blind may have been an exaggeration, but I still don't think that impairing his senses is the best way to achieve the results you want. XD

No matter how clean the water is, opening your eyes underwater still results in blurryness. I'm pretty sure the human eye just isn't built to deal with light entering it through a medium other than air. o_o Oh, and if his ears are submerged, then there's still the issue of him possibly not being able to hear you all too well, either. Things tend to sound a bit muffled when your ears are clogged up like that.

In any case -- calling him deaf and blind may have been an exaggeration, but I still don't think that impairing his senses is the best way to achieve the results you want. XD
Nah, The plan is so crazy it has to work!

It's always like that 100% of the 5% times it works

Although @Eruantien, now I think it's worth asking: just how much water are we dealing with, here? I think, in my initial reaction, I may have assumed there was more water than there actually was (like I said, I had only just woken up), so I think I was picturing a ball of water that would be closer to watermelon-sized. But if the only water that Raymond is using is the melted version of the ice knife from earlier (which I imagine would be no bigger than an apple), then, yeah, that's definitely a lot less than what I was thinking at first, and it probably wouldn't impact his sight and hearing as much -- however, if you're only taking an apple-sized ball of water and spreading it out across his whole head like that, then I feel like it would be way too thin to drown him. If he tried inhaling with such a thin sheet of water over his mouth and nose, he'd probably choke for at least a second or two, but I think he could cough it all out and turn out fine in the end. You'd probably need to have a more watermelon-sized ball of water, at least, to be able to drown him like I'm assuming you're going for.

Also worth noting: when Raymond first threatened to drown him, I assumed he would just take the apple-sized ball of water and hold that over his mouth and nose instead of his entire head -- which would be more direct, and therefore require less water to get the job done. But if you're covering his whole head... well, you'd probably need more water.

tl;dr -- I think some sort of disconnect happened here, and we should probably stop and clarify what exactly is happening before proceeding. XD

EDIT: Let's put it this way -- if the henchman tried to touch his own face right now, how wet would his hand be? (And/or, what portion of his hand would be submerged?)

Last edited:
Although @Eruantien, now I think it's worth asking: just how much water are we dealing with, here? I think, in my initial reaction, I may have assumed there was more water than there actually was (like I said, I had only just woken up), so I think I was picturing a ball of water that would be closer to watermelon-sized. But if the only water that Raymond is using is the melted version of the ice knife from earlier (which I imagine would be no bigger than an apple), then, yeah, that's definitely a lot less than what I was thinking at first, and it probably wouldn't impact his sight and hearing as much -- however, if you're only taking an apple-sized ball of water and spreading it out across his whole head like that, then I feel like it would be way too thin to drown him. If he tried inhaling with such a thin sheet of water over his mouth and nose, he'd probably choke for at least a second or two, but I think he could cough it all out and turn out fine in the end. You'd probably need to have a more watermelon-sized ball of water, at least, to be able to drown him like I'm assuming you're going for.

Also worth noting: when Raymond first threatened to drown him, I assumed he would just take the apple-sized ball of water and hold that over his mouth and nose instead of his entire head -- which would be more direct, and therefore require less water to get the job done. But if you're covering his whole head... well, you'd probably need more water.

tl;dr -- I think some sort of disconnect happened here, and we should probably stop and clarify what exactly is happening before proceeding. XD

EDIT: Let's put it this way -- if the henchman tried to touch his own face right now, how wet would his hand be? (And/or, what portion of his hand would be submerged?)
ah you have a point; there wasn't actually that much water to begin with...
how about, instead of a whole orb, it was just a flat disc of water that attached to and covered his mouth and nose? so that he can still see and hear. if he were to put his hand in the water, it would cover the breadth of his palm. the ice Spike was considerably large, so I think this is imaginable.

I'm at college and can't devote too much time to this today, but if the above scenario is acceptable to you, just take that and run with it and I can edit my post later on to reflect this.

Reactions: Kagayours
ah you have a point; there wasn't actually that much water to begin with...
how about, instead of a whole orb, it was just a flat disc of water that attached to and covered his mouth and nose? so that he can still see and hear. if he were to put his hand in the water, it would cover the breadth of his palm. the ice Spike was considerably large, so I think this is imaginable.

I'm at college and can't devote too much time to this today, but if the above scenario is acceptable to you, just take that and run with it and I can edit my post later on to reflect this.
Well I still think a flat disc of water would probably still be too thin, and therefore not enough to drown a person in, which was why stretching the water out too far was an issue in the first place. If the water maintains a ball-ish shape and then that gets placed over his mouth and nose -- that would make sense to me.

But uh, yeah, if that's cool with you, then I can roll with that.

Well I still think a flat disc of water would probably still be too thin, and therefore not enough to drown a person in, which was why stretching the water out too far was an issue in the first place. If the water maintains a ball-ish shape and then that gets placed over his mouth and nose -- that would make sense to me.

Ever seen a sand dollar? like that but thicker, I was picturing

Also curious as to why Raymond thought Calder was "sundried" He's literally been out of his water-skin for less than five minutes

Ever seen a sand dollar? like that but thicker, I was picturing
Google Images is not being very helpful in showing me the initial thickness of a sand dollar. o_o

More importantly, I'm pretty sure that in that case the guy wouldn't last one minute, let alone ten. Never mind that the panic kicking in would cause his heart and lungs to go into overdrive, causing him to run out of air even faster.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure that in that case the guy wouldn't last one minute, let alone ten. Never mind that the panic kicking in would cause his heart and lungs to go into overdrive, causing him to run out of air even faster.
I've already accepted that this guy's basically a fucking goner. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Leaving him with a functioning set of eyes and ears at least makes the situation slightly less hopeless for him, but... yeah, things aren't looking good for him.

Especially if he wasn't lying when he said that drowning would actually be better than the alternative... :P

Well, geez. I hadn't considered all the implications of Raymond's latest action. >_>
I can rescind the post I've made and rewrite it, I obviously made a poor choice in rushing that one.

Well, geez. I hadn't considered all the implications of Raymond's latest action. >_>
I can rescind the post I've made and rewrite it, I obviously made a poor choice in rushing that one.
XD I wasn't complaining! I'm honestly having fun thinking of the possibilities of where to go from here...

Edit: Besides, the "sand dollar" thing makes sense to me now. And if it is sand dollar-shaped then that's pretty much exactly what I was thinking of before when I said "ball-ish", so... yeah, we're all good in that regard.

Edit2: Plus, now Roxanne and Calder have noticed us! This just gets even more interesting... I'd be rather disappointed if you changed it now, honestly. XD

Edit3: Unless you were only referring to clearing up the whole thing about the size of the water-helmet when you said you would re-write it. But I think that could easily be handled with a simple edit instead of needing to re-write the post completely, so... o3o

Edit4: And besides, if your concern is that you don't want Raymond to become a murderer, I suppose what we can do is -- once the henchman inhales and starts to suffocate, Raymond can finally realize the severity of his actions like "oh, shit, I didn't actually want to kill him" and then he can move the water out of his face which would hopefully save him in time. :P

Last edited:
It has occurred to me that @Eruantien might be completely unaware that any of the edits I made to that last post even happened. Continuously making these addendums in the form of edits might not be the best plan for precisely this reason.