• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Why'd Ace have to pick such a strong magic-user?
Wait... So the henchman isn't one of Ace's men? In fact, his reaction strongly implies that he is an enemy of Ace, considering how his first thought is that Raymond is send after him by Ace. ...Now I'm curious about who his boss is, and what the guy would have done if nobody had interfered :D .

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kagayours
o_o" I'unno. I guess that's for you and Darius to decide based on what you feel like Zito's skill level is.

What I would do in your situation is that you write a post saying that Zito attempts to heal him, and then Effort gets the final word on whether or not it works.
makes sense to me
I'm feeling better today (still not fantastic but I have a tendency to either kick things quick or have them last forever, luckily it seems like the first one this time) so I'll get a post out sometime today

Edit: Sorry! got busy with schoolwork and never actually got to sit down and write a post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kagayours

Wow... I am stunned right now. The video title looked so clickbait-y, but, this all looks legit...

An actual way to transfer Gen I and II Pokemon from actual cartridge copies of those games, onto legitimate copies of Gen III and beyond. It's a very complicated and expensive workaround, but, it is possible to do. This is just... wow.

God bless nerds.

Wow... I am stunned right now. The video title looked so clickbait-y, but, this all looks legit...

An actual way to transfer Gen I and II Pokemon from actual cartridge copies of those games, onto legitimate copies of Gen III and beyond. It's a very complicated and expensive workaround, but, it is possible to do. This is just... wow.

God bless nerds.
As awesome as this is, it's pretty much an hilarious waste of time now that you can legally transfer mons from the VC versions to Pokémon Bank, and from thereon out into Sun/Moon. On that note though, No Guard Fissure Machamp should now be legal again :D

As awesome as this is, it's pretty much an hilarious waste of time now that you can legally transfer mons from the VC versions to Pokémon Bank, and from thereon out into Sun/Moon. On that note though, No Guard Fissure Machamp should now be legal again :D
Except that the whole point of the video was to be able to transfer over pokemon from the cartridge versions of the games that you grew up with. Being able to preserve your original childhood team and have it with you in a modern game, and not losing your original team to a dead internal battery.

Also, there are no VC versions of G/S/C, so this is still the only legitimate way to transfer pokemon over from those games. :P

Except that the whole point of the video was to be able to transfer over pokemon from the cartridge versions of the games that you grew up with. Being able to preserve your original childhood team and have it with you in a modern game, and not losing your original team to a dead internal battery.

Also, there are no VC versions of G/S/C, so this is still the only legitimate way to transfer pokemon over from those games. :P
Feir enough points. I dunno, I guess I just don't really care about little things like that anymore. Also, yeah, there are no VC versions of G/S/C (yet. We all know that will happen someday too, when GF decides they need more money :P), so that's a fair point too.

Feir enough points. I dunno, I guess I just don't really care about little things like that anymore. Also, yeah, there are no VC versions of G/S/C (yet. We all know that will happen someday too, when GF decides they need more money :P), so that's a fair point too.
Also, you know, there's just a certain novelty aspect to it -- knowing that those pokemon were caught on a cartridge version on a real Gameboy, and then transferred up like that. o_o

And now, I suppose one of the more interesting questions to ask would be "what would happen if you tried to transfer a Missingno?", except that you probably wouldn't be able to trade it anywhere, because Gamefreak made the trading system check for glitch pokemon to prevent them from being traded as early as Gen II.

...Buuuut I suppose you could at least copy it onto an emulator version of a Gen III game... that might be interesting... assuming it doesn't turn into a bad egg, which is another possibility.

And I did find ways to get past Gen II's glitch-checker and trade glitch pokemon anyway, so... who knows, maybe there's a way to make it work. :P

Storytime:

Ace's character was sort of subconsciously inspired by sexy male anime villains (you know the kind). As a result of this, I often picture him in my head as speaking faux Japanese. You know, like -- I don't actually speak Japanese, but I know what Japanese sounds like because anime, and so that's what I often imagine him to sound like, without even consciously thinking about it.

The most amusing part of this is that it means I keep imagining him introducing himself as Aesu Dominikusu and I just felt like that had to be shared. XD

Now I want to punch him even more!

But I do the same thing sometimes.
At least make sure said punch is a SHŌRYŪKEN!, okay? :P

Isn't that fire though? I suppose maybe a spell could mimic the effect...

So um,

...Have you guys seen the trailer for Cars 3 yet?

Now... please bear in mind... the point of me posting this is not to say "oh noooo another Cars sequel, this franchise is out of ideas and needs to dieee"

No no.

Just watch the trailer.

THIS IS FUCKING DARK. Ok, obviously, the implied subject matter by itself is just... w h a t. But like, there's more to it than that.

Look at the animation. Look at the colors. Cars 1 was a moderate amount of bright and colorful, typical for what you'd expect from a Pixar film. Cars 2 was even more bright and colorful. And very cartoonish. But this -- those are some damn-near photorealistic race cars right there. You see very little of those cartoonish faces. And the color palette is significantly muted, too -- further removing you from the colorful and cartoonish world of Cars and throwing you into... this.

If you knew beforehand that Cars 3 was going to be a thing, and you tried to imagine what the teaser trailer would look like -- even if you knew nothing about what the actual plot of the third movie would be -- surely the trailer in your mind would be much more colorful and lighthearted and energized than this.

This is... I don't even know what to say about this. I'm just stunned that this exists.

2017 is shaping up to be a weird fucking year. (And that's saying a lot.)

Reactions: Eruantien
So um,

...Have you guys seen the trailer for Cars 3 yet?

Now... please bear in mind... the point of me posting this is not to say "oh noooo another Cars sequel, this franchise is out of ideas and needs to dieee"

No no.

Just watch the trailer.

THIS IS FUCKING DARK. Ok, obviously, the implied subject matter by itself is just... w h a t. But like, there's more to it than that.

Look at the animation. Look at the colors. Cars 1 was a moderate amount of bright and colorful, typical for what you'd expect from a Pixar film. Cars 2 was even more bright and colorful. And very cartoonish. But this -- those are some damn-near photorealistic race cars right there. You see very little of those cartoonish faces. And the color palette is significantly muted, too -- further removing you from the colorful and cartoonish world of Cars and throwing you into... this.

If you knew beforehand that Cars 3 was going to be a thing, and you tried to imagine what the teaser trailer would look like -- even if you knew nothing about what the actual plot of the third movie would be -- surely the trailer in your mind would be much more colorful and lighthearted and energized than this.

This is... I don't even know what to say about this. I'm just stunned that this exists.

Case in point:
jua13e1.png

Keep in mind that this car is supposed to be ALIVE! D:

Pretty much this was my reaction as well. I just... wow... that's a completely different direction than the franchise has been taking.

And actually, I'd categorize this under 2016, still. That way we don't ruin 2017 yet. Pls.

Pretty much this was my reaction as well. I just... wow... that's a completely different direction than the franchise has been taking.

And actually, I'd categorize this under 2016, still. That way we don't ruin 2017 yet. Pls.

Except that the full movie is set to release in 2017. That's what I was referring to. :P

Besides, this doesn't make 2017 bad, just... weird. I mean, 2017 will also be the year of Hiveswap (the Homestuck video game), and Sherlock season 4, two other things that I'm kind of amazed are still happening, but in a good way. :D

Hmmm yes, I like this direction. Not that I am a fan of the movies, but I may actually consider investigating to see what happens in the movie. However if I do end up seeing it in the theater I would be very angry if it is the same childish bullshit.

Then again, it is a kids movie.