Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there need for a witch, by any chance? Got an idea for one, and after @Vaila mentioning that people might need one to help with their curses, I figured it'd be good to have one on staff

Is there need for a witch, by any chance? Got an idea for one, and after @Vaila mentioning that people might need one to help with their curses, I figured it'd be good to have one on staff
Yes! That would be good, though it can't be some like seriously OP character that knows everything. I'm assuming you know that already xD Plus I'm pretty sure the other person who signed up to be staff has dropped out so... ya know the more the merrier.

Yes! That would be good, though it can't be some like seriously OP character that knows everything. I'm assuming you know that already xD Plus I'm pretty sure the other person who signed up to be staff has dropped out so... ya know the more the merrier.

I was actually making him pretty much brand new to the whole curse thing, that way he's useful, but not overpowered. After all, if he's too useful, he becomes a plot hole, like the time turner from Harry Potter.

Reactions: Vaila

General Characteristics:

Forename: Manna
Meaning: power, ironically
Pronunciation: Man-ah
Surname: Walker
Meaning: to walk; tread.
Pronunciation: Wall-curr
Maiden name: if I have one, I don't know it.
Title: Mr. will do.
Alias': Samaritan
Why?: because it's easier for people to pronounce than my first choice, Bodhisattva.

Date of Birth: 12 January, 1998
How old do they appear?: about 22
How old do they act?: about 28

Ethnicity: white
Nationality: American
Religion: Buddhist
Sexual Preference: both
Native Language: English
Spoken Language(s): English, ASL, some Russian.
Relationship Status: single but open.

Place of Birth: Kentucky
Current Residence: whatever couch was free
Hometown: I'm a nomad, I don't really have a hometown
Education: 10th grade dropout.
Employment: does begging count?

Blood Type: O-negative
Handed: left

Physical Attributes:
001.jpg

Height: 5' 9", give or take.
Weight: 165, looks slightly underweight due to body composition.
Body Shape: Slim Shoulders and Waist, long Arms, slightly girlish Hips, normal, semi-muscular Legs.
Hair: Dyed a creamy white color, semi-short, constant bedhead.
Eyes: normally sized, hazel eyes. wears contacts.
Skin Pigment: creamy white, surprisingly blemish free.
Skin Texture: Soft and dry.
Flaws: see Body Modification
Birthmarks: none
Body Modifications: Ritual scarring on his back, resembling a lotus. It begins to glow whenever his magic is channeled.
Distinguishing Features: His wild hair.
Who does he/she take after physically?: Couldn't tell you.
Clothing Sizes: 32 pants, XL shirts. US Sizes
Shoe Sizes: 12 E US
Scent: Cedar and pine.

Mental Attributes:
Describe your character's personality in 5 words: Kind, caring, self-sacrificing, Curious, helpful
Most Common Mood: curious
Temperament: Generally content and happy.
Insecurities: Scared he won't be able to control his magic enough to help people properly.
How do they see themselves?: Like someone who's trying to do good, but doesn't know how.
How do they believe they are perceived by others?: "I'm not psychic, and I don't like to pretend I am."
What would most embarrass them?: Having a spell backfire and cause him harm.
Nervous tics: nods his head along to music only he seems to hear when thinking hard.
Self-confidence level: 6, pretends it's an 8
Self esteem level: 7
Persona: He puts on this ideal persona of the perfect good Samaritan, hence the alias, while hiding the fact he's often just as scared of the curses he's trying to heal as the people afflicted by them.
Fears: death.
Wishes: to find inner peace through helping others.
Optimist or Pessimist: optimist
Daredevil or Cautious: daredevil
Logical or Emotional: emotional
Working or Relaxing: working
Introvert or extrovert: forced extrovert
Confident or Unsure?: Pretends to be confident
Night owl or Early bird: insomniac
Disorderly and messy or methodical and neat: Disorderly
General sociability: somewhere in the middle
Patience level: high
Biggest vulnerability: His scar controls his magic flow, so if it gets disrupted, his power can be nullified, or worse.
Sense of humor: good
General attitude: amicable
IQ: 127

Health and Fitness:
Allergies: sweet potatoes
Athletic Skill: above average
Current Injuries?: none
Drink?: "I'm underage, so don't tell anyone, okay?"
Drugs?: Uses a drink made of a blend of Opium Poppy, Ayahuasca, and Arabica beans during meditation.
Smoker?: yes, but not often.
Illnesses?: none
Medications: "Do energy drinks count?"
Diet: omnivore, eating whenever he can.

Favourites:
Sports: Chessboxing
Music: Blue Stahli
Books: Textbooks (Biochemistry, Physics, and toxicology).
Movies: comedy
Weather: rain and gloom.
Colour: black
Food: coffee

Relationship(s):
Paternal: Unknown
Father:
Grandmother:
Grandfather:

Maternal: Unknown
Mother:
Grandmother:
Grandfather:

Best friend: OPEN
Colleagues: Dr. Mayhew
Crushes: OPEN
Friends: OPEN
Rivals: OPEN
Mentor: [Redacted]
Who are they closest to?: currently no one.

Backstory:

Manna doesn't really know much about himself. From what he's pieced together, he was adopted (or more likely stolen from his parents) at a young age by a witch, who noticed his latent gifts. Through the better part of his childhood, he was able to learn powerful curses and spells that would propel him to greatness. Then, something....happened. During the ritual that would make him a full fledged witch, there was a problem during the scarification. Once it was complete, there was a blast of energy, and he was knocked out. When he awoke later, the wound had healed, but he could no longer remember anything about who he was, let alone who his mentor, family, or anyone else was.

After coming to grips with these new circumstances, he left the only home he'd known, and started wandering. He moved from place to place, working where he could, begging where he couldn't, and helping any cursed that he could. He's unsure how he's able to do it, or even why, only knowing that he feels an overwhelming urge to try and fix wrongs. He often wonders if it could be connected to the shape he'd chosen during his scarification.

One day, while wandering around the town Aldertree is located in, he found a flier requesting new staff, coded in a language known almost exclusively to witches. Thinking he might have found a new place to help, he decided to investigate. After all, if someone knew the languages of mages, maybe they could help him with his powers, and maybe even work on recovering his lost memories.

~*~
Powers:
Type: magical
Danger Level: Class 4 witch
Power level: 4/10 - magic potential is at class 7 (low-level reality shaper), but his control over it is too easily disrupted, and his knowledge of the world of magic is limited. Can become much more powerful - and much more useful/dangerous - as his experience grows.

Aptitude: curse manipulation/Biological Magic

Manna can alter and manipulate curses at will, and can nullify them temporarily in anyone within 10 feet. The problem is, the nullification is unstable at best, and the effects can be dangerous if handled improperly (like, say, Clo's curse being nullified without any magical safeguards to account for the whole "disembodied heart" bit.) He's also inexperienced with curses, so changing them can sometimes lead to something worse taking its place. In his spare time, he studies the human body and mind, hoping to find a mix of magic and science to make his task more effective and efficient.

Manna's skills lie in what he calls "scientific magic." Using mortal science as a base for his magic, he's able to make up for some of the bigger shortcomings of his memory loss. For example, while he cannot harness the elements directly, he can create something approximating them through molecular manipulation, i.e. creating water by making gases in the air smash together. He uses a similar methodology to induce healing effects in humans and other cursed. While his skill at healing is truly remarkable, he cannot currently return the dead to life. It is unknown if this will change in the future.

As a witch, he is able to create, alter, and nullify curses, though his inexperience in doing so limits his effectiveness in this area. His nullification is only temporary, and limited to within several feet of himself.

@Vaila

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Red Rabbit
Man, you guys just had to call her kitty cat XD

By the way, @conman2163, I hope you know the animosity of my character is just that, I don't want you to feel like I'm taking shots at you personally or anything. Even then, he doesn't hate you, per se, he's just written so that he doesn't like other men. He told you not to cover your ears so you'd drop like Alex and stop spraying gas and sludge, guessing you'd stop when you were knocked out

No, it's fine, It's just the way Meldito saw things, that's all. Actually, I don't mind it when an antagonistic relationship begins, as then it lets me develop the character more.

Just wanted to make sure it was clear, mate. I play assholes often, but I try not to be one when I'm not in character, you know?

Also, I'll make an intro post for my witch as soon as I get the okay from our fearless leader.

yeah, it makes sense. Don't worry too much about it. Worst case scenario Meldito traps Gideon in a room and throws away his crystal, then progressively gets more and more stress and fills up the room with noxious gas right?

yeah, it makes sense. Don't worry too much about it. Worst case scenario Meldito traps Gideon in a room and throws away his crystal, then progressively gets more and more stress and fills up the room with noxious gas right?
And Gideon panics and tries to knock him out again haha.

Just wanted to make sure it was clear, mate. I play assholes often, but I try not to be one when I'm not in character, you know?

Also, I'll make an intro post for my witch as soon as I get the okay from our fearless leader.
It looks fine to me, but I think maybe more info should be known about his skill level. I know that the CS was created for Cursed and not for Witches so it needs to be tweaked a little, but still....

Maybe just tell us whether he's actually any good, lacking experience or completely terrible at magic? Other than that it looks great!

It looks fine to me, but I think maybe more info should be known about his skill level. I know that the CS was created for Cursed and not for Witches so it needs to be tweaked a little, but still....

Maybe just tell us whether he's actually any good, lacking experience or completely terrible at magic? Other than that it looks great!
I'll elaborate more on it and then post.

• Thank You

Alex would probably like him, a hell of a lot more if he is trying to fix her. Heck he might be her only friend at this point XD

Well that's a love-hate relationship I'm looking forward too xD
I kind of am too XD
I didn't think that Gideon's power would make him so equally useful and reviled. So far it seems it's turning out rather interesting.

Clo - feels nothing about him, but is also probably the only person who can withstand his curse.
Meldito - seems to dislike and possibly fear him.
Alex - Thinks he's scum and wants to kill him, probably more so now that he audibly assaulted her.
Maddie - likes having someone there who seems to understand her, even if he does keep molesting her.
Roo - Likes him because he tried to protect the kid, and seemed to be the first of the group to directly interact with him and try to be friends.

I think Clo, Maddie, and Alex are going to be the most interesting interactions atm.

I didn't think that Gideon's power would make him so equally useful and reviled. So far it seems it's turning out rather interesting.

Clo - feels nothing about him, but is also probably the only person who can withstand his curse.
Meldito - seems to dislike and possibly fear him.
Alex - Thinks he's scum and wants to kill him, probably more so now that he audibly assaulted her.
Maddie - likes having someone there who seems to understand her, even if he does keep molesting her.
Roo - Likes him because he tried to protect the kid, and seemed to be the first of the group to directly interact with him and try to be friends.

I think Clo, Maddie, and Alex are going to be the most interesting interactions atm.
Yeah no she is going to avoid him at all costs. Or anyone for that matter. Considering she sees herself as a danger because she kind of is.

Status
Not open for further replies.