Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no she is going to avoid him at all costs. Or anyone for that matter. Considering she sees herself as a danger because she kind of is.
True, but that just makes him all the more likely to go after her. He's like a kid who sees a toy he can't have. Besides, the dude's got a secret pathological need to be liked, and it's unlikely he'll let something small like mortal peril stop him.

True, but that just makes him all the more likely to go after her. He's like a kid who sees a toy he can't have. Besides, the dude's got a secret pathological need to be liked, and it's unlikely he'll let something small like mortal peril stop him.
True. Just don't expect to come out of it without at the least a sratch

Ah crap.

I-...I think you've managed to traumatise Roo.

I am really hoping and praying that Alex makes it up to the little tyke or something, because the way this is going, I honestly think he's going to be permanently psychologically affected by all this. And I don't know how I feel about that. I like Alex as a character, and I enjoy the tension that her curse brings about, but...I don't know if I'm up to RPing a child with something similar to PTSD.

Whilst I'm not saying to bend your character's personality to suit my needs immediately, I'm more asking for - perhaps later on in the plot - a way for Alex and Ryuu to make amends. Because that kid is NOT sleeping tonight.

Ah crap.

I-...I think you've managed to traumatise Roo.

I am really hoping and praying that Alex makes it up to the little tyke or something, because the way this is going, I honestly think he's going to be permanently psychologically affected by all this. And I don't know how I feel about that. I like Alex as a character, and I enjoy the tension that her curse brings about, but...I don't know if I'm up to RPing a child with something similar to PTSD.

Whilst I'm not saying to bend your character's personality to suit my needs immediately, I'm more asking for - perhaps later on in the plot - a way for Alex and Ryuu to make amends. Because that kid is NOT sleeping tonight.
Don't worry about it, she isn't going to be this unstable forever. In fact, she feels quite bad for scaring him, and once she figures out how to she will try and make it up to him.

Don't worry about it, she isn't going to be this unstable forever. In fact, she feels quite bad for scaring him, and once she figures out how to she will try and make it up to him.
This is an immense relief. I was scared I'd have to remove Roo from the RP, I couldn't bear the thought of RPing a child with PTSD....I suggest @Vaila has Mayhew hold a sort of diplomatic conversation between Gideon, Roo and Alex, giving the latter enough meat to satisfy her tastes, maybe a stress ball or something. But hey, I'm just chucking ideas around.

I can tolerate scared roo for a while, but the sooner it's sorted, the better. Even if someone sat him down and explained why Alex should be pitied, not feared, for turning into a tiger.

Nevertheless I'm certain he's got nightmares now. He'll probably have to sleep with Maddy or Gideon. But that'll sort itself out in time.

Reactions: Gateman and Vaila
This is an immense relief. I was scared I'd have to remove Roo from the RP, I couldn't bear the thought of RPing a child with PTSD....I suggest @Vaila has Mayhew hold a sort of diplomatic conversation between Gideon, Roo and Alex, giving the latter enough meat to satisfy her tastes, maybe a stress ball or something. But hey, I'm just chucking ideas around.

I can tolerate scared roo for a while, but the sooner it's sorted, the better. Even if someone sat him down and explained why Alex should be pitied, not feared, for turning into a tiger.

Nevertheless I'm certain he's got nightmares now. He'll probably have to sleep with Maddy or Gideon. But that'll sort itself out in time.
If someone else can befriend the beast, then she might even be tame as a tiger, and no longer a threat. But it's up to someone to figure that out.

Alex will probably talk to him within a day or two, if not someone else who is friends with her, if anyone will be

If someone else can befriend the beast, then she might even be tame as a tiger, and no longer a threat. But it's up to someone to figure that out.

Alex will probably talk to him within a day or two, if not someone else who is friends with her, if anyone will be

katniss-i-volunteer-gif-1418661709.gif

Best case scenario, Roo might be able to figure it out. Like I said, once Alex is in tiger form for a sufficient amount of time, she'd probably get a good whiff of the kid and realise he's rotten meat; hopefully that might act as a deterrent, which could open up to Roo trying to calm Alex down since she'd be pretty set on chewing up the others.

But that is only possible WAY down the line, when Roo manages to overcome his newfound fear of tigers.

Reactions: IceQueen
Sorry if it seemed I godmodded Alex, @IceQueen, but i wanted to introduce his skill to the staff, and your character would give the best impression other than Roo's. Especially since everyone is still on edge from your last transformation...

Sorry if it seemed I godmodded Alex, @IceQueen, but i wanted to introduce his skill to the staff, and your character would give the best impression other than Roo's. Especially since everyone is still on edge from your last transformation...
The only qualms I have with it is I am pretty sure she would have drawn out her claws and pinned him to a wall instead, or like kicked the shit out of him. Since she just transformed she is feeling a little exhausted, especially since transforming makes her muscles and bones ache

The only qualms I have with it is I am pretty sure she would have drawn out her claws and pinned him to a wall instead, or like kicked the shit out of him. Since she just transformed she is feeling a little exhausted, especially since transforming makes her muscles and bones ache
Duly noted. I can go back and change it if you prefer

fixed. sorry it took so long, had to do some emergency wood chopping.
I will respond to everything once I have more homework done

I will respond to everything once I have more homework done
One note, he's not trying to control anyone, merely lifting their curses till the meal is over.

I think I'll wait for the others to post before I let Gideon respond

One note, he's not trying to control anyone, merely lifting their curses till the meal is over.

I think I'll wait for the others to post before I let Gideon respond
I know that, photosensitive eyes

I'm glad you didn't pick Roo.

Status
Not open for further replies.