Aldertree Institute for the Magically Distressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a brief and immensely horrifying moment, I thought I lost all of my progress. Nevertheless, it is complete!

I have a few questions.

How many staff are there on call? Can we make members of staff? Are they witches or humans?

Could we get a detailed description of the institute itself? As in, what rooms are there, what is the general timetable, and so on?

Are the patients mainly confined to the institute? I imagine they aren't allowed out unless it's for special occasions due to the nature of their curses, but I assume there's a big garden.

How many patients are there? I personally think it might only have player characters in there as patients, it seems like a luxury care home and its only just started to grow.

Finally, anyone want to be Roo's friends? Poor sod's gone out to the USA from England and knows he's never going back. It'd be cute if he was buddies with everyone but I know NOT everybody is going to love him.

• Useful
Reactions: Gateman
There are supposed to be two doctors, aswell as a few NPC's just hanging about. They'll all be human, though I'm considering (now that I think about it) that we should have some kind of witch to try and help undo the curses.

I'm going to post a more detailed description of the house, timetables and such sometime next week but for those of you who know me I can be a little forgetful so I'll have to make a note of it.

I think that, for safety reasons, the patients shouldn't be allowed to leave the institute alone. There is a large garden, and they live on the outskirts of a town both of which they can go to.

For now there are only a few patients but we can add more and more NPC's later on when we get more into the RP.

As for friendships, you can try with Clo but she doesn't feel any emotion unless she's in physical contact with her heart so... yeah there's that xD

Any more questions?

I was just actually wondering if I could get the rp schedules of you guys. I rp in a lot of places, so it would be helpful if I had them to know when exactly I should go and have a look see here, as sometimes the notification system is a little buggy and misses posts.

I was just actually wondering if I could get the rp schedules of you guys. I rp in a lot of places, so it would be helpful if I had them to know when exactly I should go and have a look see here, as sometimes the notification system is a little buggy and misses posts.
We tend to tag people involved in posts. My RP schedule is a little sketchy sometimes because some days I have off and some days I'm busy doing other things. I'm working on a reply now so...

I have a few questions.

How many staff are there on call? Can we make members of staff? Are they witches or humans?

Could we get a detailed description of the institute itself? As in, what rooms are there, what is the general timetable, and so on?

Are the patients mainly confined to the institute? I imagine they aren't allowed out unless it's for special occasions due to the nature of their curses, but I assume there's a big garden.

How many patients are there? I personally think it might only have player characters in there as patients, it seems like a luxury care home and its only just started to grow.

Finally, anyone want to be Roo's friends? Poor sod's gone out to the USA from England and knows he's never going back. It'd be cute if he was buddies with everyone but I know NOT everybody is going to love him.
He could try with Alex, but she would probably try and push him away because she see's herself as a danger and she avoids children for that reason

• Useful
Reactions: Ythania
He could probably manage to be friends with Meldito, you know, so long as the kid doesn't cause him to stress or anything.

I have a few questions.

Gideon would probably get along well worth him, he's fond of kids.

I'll tag you if I interact with you, but I don't really have a post schedule. I usually just do it when the urge strikes

• Thank You
Reactions: Ythania
I will wait a bit for others to respond

I'm currently waiting for, well, anyone to reply. I feel it's time for some GM intervention? Surely we're meeting Dr. Mayhew in a bit?

Yeah, i'm waiting as well. While I could post a reaction to little Roo stepping into the hall, I feel as though it's really not my place to yet.

He could try with Alex, but she would probably try and push him away because she see's herself as a danger and she avoids children for that reason

On the contrary, I assumed Roo would be safest around Alex compared to the others. She'd be able to tell he's not edible, poisonous even. Provided Alex doesn't go into a blind rage (which is unlikely), then if she shapeshifts she'll probably avoid sinking her teeth into the kid.

On the contrary, I assumed Roo would be safest around Alex compared to the others. She'd be able to tell he's not edible, poisonous even. Provided Alex doesn't go into a blind rage (which is unlikely), then if she shapeshifts she'll probably avoid sinking her teeth into the kid.
True, though she might be slightly afraid of him. Considering so far the house is new to her, she is very wound up and count to transform as soon as she finds her room or she gets hungry.

I'll get a post out in a little bit. Some emergency door repair was needed the last few days

I'm about to post too.... been busy today with Mother's Day and household stuff.

Reactions: IceQueen
Roger all. Thanks for letting me know, i'll keep an eye out.

Just a quick thing.... if anyone has trouble understanding what Clo is saying then just ask and I'll start and put ()'s with the full English version xD I know it would be easier just to write in plain English but I think it's more realistic to have the text itself hold the accent in place.

True, though she might be slightly afraid of him. Considering so far the house is new to her, she is very wound up and count to transform as soon as she finds her room or she gets hungry.
Oh, I didn't know it was that easy to trigger - my bad then. I suppose Roo isn't that safe at all! I'll keep that in mind.

I'll get a post up.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's too late now and there's nothing really for Roo to react to.

Last edited:
I'll give everyone else a chance to post before I have Gideon try and do something

Status
Not open for further replies.