Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Then you're free to cheat, how about that? Because frankly, you're pissing me off with your reluctance to forgive me, I've tried to make it up to you-- we can do platonic romantic crap. Have breakfast and snuggle, go on a date to the lava pits, no sex, but fuck, you're hardly open-minded. Do you just wanna fuck off and leave me?!" He grumbled, finally snapping and practically putting whatever plan he had on the backbench - the other clearly wasn't going to be up for doing anything of the romantic calibre, no matter how much sweet-talking Lucifer suffered through.​

"I don't want to leave you, because I love you more than that..." He sighed, cringing from the sudden snapping. "But you can't blame me to be mad. Maybe I just want to cuddle for a bit, prove me that you really do love me... I need physical evidence, Lucifer.'

"Then let me cuddle you, instead of being frosty," he sighed, even if, inside, he was on the edge of just growing internally furious - his plan, that of which he had thought to be a sure-win to keep him off the battlefield if it became a reality, was starting to look like it wouldn't happen. Seemingly, he had to earn trust first before that sort of intimacy was achieved, and by then, war could have already broken...​

"Fine," He murmured, pressing into the boy's chest close. He practically curled into the other perfectly, pressed close

"When are you coming downstairs? There are lots of men in uniform waiting," Luna mumbled, appearing out of nowhere with an uncharacteristic scowl on her face directed at Eden, for the fact she had hoped he would be angry at Lucifer a hell of a lot longer than a few hours, but seemingly she had her hopes up. "And they seem fidgety, so..."​

Groaning in orotest, the General rekuctantly hkt tk his feet after a moment of debating whether or not to move. "Luna, would you like to go draw? I dont want you near the strange men, okay?"

"You're not her father. I think she should come into the meeting. She's the Princess, after all," he drawled, not deliberately trying to disagree with the other -he was trying, maybe too desperately, to reinstate trust- but because he genuinely thought that Luna should have some sort of understanding of war.

She was only five, but apparently that wasn't a problem as he climbed out of bed and scooped her up. "If I ever die, I might just offer her the throne, rather than Coen," he decided absently - he could do that, just change how the throne was handed down, but if he and Eden had that child he was hoping for... things would change, but he neglected mentioning that to the suddenly eager Luna. "I could be Queen? Oh... Oh that's awesome~"​

Deciding to say nothing in response, Eden wrapped himself in a robe as he wearily shuffled down the stairs. He was genuinely exhausted from the activities from the past two days, so naturally, he wasn't in the mood to get dolled up. With his wings peaking tbrough, he wandered to these apparent men wkth a tired sigh.

Four stood chatting menially to pass the time in the meeting room, one in which was forever used for important and pressing issues. Recently, the looming war, but in the past, the issue of wanting to divorce Ruby which had been a surprisingly delicate matter - her parents had organised the wedding; Ruby was highly popular, and the people admired the couple. When he opted to divorce, it could have ended him... though evidently it didn't.

Finally turning to face Eden, they knew that at this point, it wasn't just some fling, or he'd have been dumped already, so despite normally bowing to royalty, they did bow and murmur welcoming words to the angel before taking their seats when he had, the table now full of the papers they brought it - evidently, they were ready for a day full of planning and discussion, and when Lucifer didn't arrive down in the ten minutes they waited, one spoke up. A rather handsome blonde, tanned from his time training troops, with medals glimmering on his uniform, carefully leant forward with hands clasped together on the table, a stern look appearing on his youngish features. "Will Lucifer be joining us at all? He's leading us, he ought to be here... sire."​

"... He's not feeling well." He replied. Despite not being in the best mood with his lover, he didn't want to throw him under the bus right away. "But I can take his place. I'm sure you know that I'm experienced in war, gentlemen, I think I can handle some paperwork. Now let's get started, shall we? I'm Eden, by the way..." He murmured, reaching to shake hands with the other's.

"Not feeling well my ass."

"Ajax, don't make accusations--"

"Psh, he's just too fucking lazy, don't be diplomatic," a fierce red-head snapped, freckles dusted across his face as large arms folded over his rather impressive chest. While all four men were the most senior figures of the army, he was evidently the strongest if looks were anything, and by his tone, he was the one to be snappy and harsh, to always speak his mind regardless of whether it would get him into trouble. And speaking so openly of Lucifer was normal for him. The man was a close friend -all the men and Lucifer were close- so to be this open wouldn't get him into bad water, really. But the other generals wouldn't risk it - but he would. "He's always been lazy, ain't he, Eden--"

"Sire. He's dating Lucifer, so he's sire, Ajax--"

"Nah, he ain't. He ain't married, so he's Eden. 'sides, we're all equals in this room." Ajax huffed, green eyes lighting in amusement as he eased back, shoving forward a piece of paper to Eden once shaking his hand, his own double the size of the former angel's. "That's how much we can spend on fighting without affecting the people's food supply. We can spare a million. The kingdom's not as rich as it was. We have a crap King on the throne who's squandered our cash on what? Drinks, girls, partying. It's disgusting."​

Peering over the papers, he sighed from the others words before neatly folding over his hands, already in his serious mode, despite the rather ridiculous bathrobe and slippers. "He's given me half charge of the kingdom, so it is sire... Though I don't mind. I'd like to get to know you four if we'll be working together in the war, after all."

"It ain't official, though. You're not married," the man, Ajax, grinned cheekily, leaning back once more with a roll of those fierce green eyes, ignoring the babbles of apology from his fellow generals who recognised that Eden was in a higher rank than them through his reputation, and his relationship with Lucifer.

"Do ignore Ajax. He's all muscles, no manners," the blonde murmured quietly, examining the figures with critical eyes. While it pained him to agree with Ajax, their financial status was at an all time low, and this war was therefore elevated to a much more important place - if they lost, it could spell the end of Hell as a kingdom. "The people would be left with nothing if we lose. We're putting every penny we can into this, it seems-- I suggest, then, we employ a thousand more men into the army--"

"Psh, you know what we needed to do? We needed to get rid of Lucifer as King. He's been useless for the last century," Ajax snapped, his playful mood turning sour. "He's my mate and all, but c'mon, you're all seriously gonna defend him?!"​

"So you want to assign a draft, then?" He murmured, eyeing the other four with pursed lips. "... If morale for the kingdom is low, don't be surprised when people try to refuse. Heaven is very cocky and proud of themselves, hence why they have so many soldiers on hand. They're willing to fight, and I don't necessarily get that vibe here. Of course, I could be wrong... I'll need to speak with Lucifer to make everything final, of course, but I think it would be in your best interest to issue the draft as soon as possible. Get them trained and ready."

Scribbling and note taking presumed with that, nods and murmurs of agreement sounding from the men... bar one, expectedly, who simply laughed and sat with feet rested on the edge of the table. "Morale will only grow when we have a leader on the throne. You think people will join to serve Lucifer? You're as nuts as they are if 'ya think that, honestly."

"Ajax, it's a war. They'll join, to save themselves and their kingdom. It's for their country, it'll... work out--"

"Delusional. You're deluded, refusing to accept things as they are," he muttered, grimacing to himself as the others simply snorted him off and made excuses for him to Eden once more. "I have it on good notice Lucifer will be killed after the war is over. I've been hearing rumours-- I want him to go with dignity and alive, fucking hell... Do you realise that I'm the only one who cares about him enough to want to save his life?"​

"... What have you heard?" He murmured, eyeing up this Ajax fellow harshly while twiddling his fingers. "Tell me right now, I ought to know what has been said about my boyfriend."

"Aw, so the angel finally gives a shit about what I'm saying! Hallelujah," he scoffed sarcastically, voice dripping in it as per usual as he reached in his folder for the piece of paper, eyeing it calmly and with sudden seriousness now it concerned his friend's life and the others seemed interested at last. "58 people have expressed serious hatred for him, to the point of wanting him dead. There shouldn't be a single person feeling that--"

"58 people out of how many that live in the kingdom? It's hardly worrying--"

"Oh, it is when 40 of those 58 have criminal records of murder and another 5 previously formed the group who attacked Lucifer's father at his coronation," Ajax murmured, evidently having done his research as he placed down the paper with a stern frown. "For one thing, those 40 shouldn't have been released for the murders anyway-- but that's beside the point. There's a risk of Lucifer being killed, and only now I'm being taken seriously and not just a critical asshole? Jeez..."​

"Kill them." He replied flatly, "If you know who they are, make a public excecution. Tell the other demons what happens when they dare to attack Lucifer and the Archdemons. If you claim to be the big bad demons you say you are, after alll..."

"And what about their families and friends? And friends of those friends who so far disagree with them? We kill them, and they change their minds and see Lucifer as the crook they've been told." Ajax sighed heavily, rubbing his temples at Eden's words. It had first crossed his mind to do just that, eliminate the threat, but upon further inspection, it could just be a catalyst...

"I'll handle it. I just need permission from you, I suppose," he murmured, shoving forward a contract with a hum. "There's no tricks in there saying that if you sign, I can have the kingdom or whatever. It's just that... if need be, I'd be able to kill who I need to to keep Lucifer protected, innocent or not-- though trust me. When war is over, I predict they'll... want his head on a spike, regardless of whether we win-- on a separate note," he cleared his voice, the others breathing out in relief that they could at least talk about the war itself now. "How long do you think it'll last? You've been in a war between Heaven and Hell. What's the mean amount of years it'll go on for?"​

"Do you want me to be honest? I think it will last years, if not longer. We've left a harsh threat, and Heaven is a group od sore losers. Once hearing that I'm with you, they'll want to prove that I joined the wrong crew."

Status
Not open for further replies.