Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, but... he's... he's as important as I am, isn't he? We created, established the realms! He just happened to prefer Heaven, he was always timid and shy, and I suppose I'm more boisterous and suited down here, b-but... ugh, it sucks!" She groaned, typically -and predictably- far more whiny in the morning, though not grumpy enough to refuse the affection, eagerly nuzzling against the eldest Archdemon with a content purr. After all, if Mother saw her in such a familial manner, then it was rather obvious that perception was reciprocated. They may be similar in age, with Nayeli probably trumping the other by a few decades... but she was happy to cast her as a maternal figure. "He... He used to like being around us, before that first war kicked off, so... why can't we go back to being close? He loved you lots too, and you always tucked us into bed and made us milk and cookies a-and..."

"And you're not a child, Nayeli, hon. Neither is Cael. You ought to take your status and power seriously, to be honest. Not being funny, but it is... ridiculous. You're the most powerful being I can imagine, likewise with Cael, and you're sat on Mother's lap and whining about milk and cookies?" Hedeon mumbled, albeit -and laughably so- much more quiet and attempting to be respectful to the small girl. "...Cael's sick, anyway. The Archangels were going to stay with him, though he always tends to be sick. He's practically resigned to wheelchairs these days."​

• Love
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Maybe that says something about your care, huh?" Mother immediately replied, whilst letting her eyes absently drift up to tge angels. "Maybe if you didn't baby him as much as you did, he could be healthier. I may treat NayelI cautiously, myself, but iit's a consensual thing. If she wants to act more childishly, that's her choice. You should let Cael do ghe same. See, I agree with her on this. They're not violent, like us, so if anyone can truly settle things out peacefully, it would be them."

"... Would anyone like some tea, in the meantime?" Offered Eden, the tension between him and the angel growing more tense by the minute. So, any excuse to leave the room would be ideal.

"Why don't you just relax?" Lucifer piped up from the side, deliberately keeping a quiet figure as he, rather than jump to get involved in all of the madness, simply sat back with his eyes amusedly flicking about the people at the table. "Just keep quiet, and watch them. It's rather amusing, having an outsider's perspective--"

"It just shows and reiterates the fact you're not relevant anymore." Hedeon cooed, happy to ignore the discussion about Nayeli and Cael -mostly because both of them together did make to inject far too much nervousness in him- and focus instead on bringing down the former King and Eden. Because, frankly, he detested them both equally. "It must be awful, to have been cast aside and have your reign undermined by the fact your daughter's is so marvellous~"​

"Can you all just shut the fuck up?" Offered Riek, having not said a single word the whole discussion. Why would he? Clearly, Mother was fixing things and doing their job extremely well. Though, the moment he began to get annoyed by their lack of respect, Riek decided to show his own annoyance. "Is it really that difficult to treat one another equally for a brief moment? We are Archdemons, Archangels, and representatives of our realms. How about we show one another proper and equal respect."

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: potassiumboron
"Why don't you respect us by shutting that inconsequential, half-blood mouth of yours, hm? You're not a demon, and nor are you really an angel. You're a filthy, awful mix," came the uncalled for insult from Hedeon, the relaxed Archangel mostly taking his anger out on Demetar for the fact that he couldn't get through and hurt Eden. So why not target his mentally weaker son? Hedeon did play dirty, after all. He played cruel tactics against his enemies, and Eden? Was one of his firm enemies now, so hurting his son seemed logical in his eyes, regardless of the fact he was the son of the rulers of Hell, and Lucifer was only a few feet away.

Though, it was Luna who first opted to defend her brother. She was emotional as it was, given her boyfriend and her son's lacking presences (and she knew just what they were doing), but she was hardly going to sit by while her half-brother was berated by some egotistical angel. "Oi, how about you quit being a bully and leave him be? He has more power in his little finger than you do in your whole being," she declared flatly, tapping her long and newly painted fingernails against the table, her pure, black eyes rolling in disgust. "Gosh, how Eden was friends with you is appalling. You're awful."​

"Luna, don't... Don't stoop to his level?" Pleaded Demetar, as he absently fiddled with his wool cloak. "I may be a half blood, but that doesn't mean I can't make a name for myself. I'm not fully a demon, or an angel, but yet I'm still an Archdemon and a son to the most loving people I could have had as parents. I think it would be best if we dismissed this meeting. Nothing good is coming from it, after all."

"I was defending you, Demetar, I don't see how that's possibly a bad thing-- you know, I'm trying my hardest to initiate myself back in the family after... what I did, and defending you is sort of what a big sister does," she declared quickly, her lips pursed in response to her brother's apparent aversion to it. At least, in her eyes he was disliking of it, and that did inevitably upset her when she did want to create bonds with the family she hadn't been able to be around for a little while. "...I have important things to continue discussing, so if you're tired, brother, and can't handle discussions, perhaps you ought to leave it to the rest of us. I'm sorry if you feel it's been a waste, but I'm the Queen. I can't just let my kingdom go to fucking shit because I'm tired."​

Status
Not open for further replies.