Against The Wits

Status
Not open for further replies.
He grimaced, about to say that sure, if they wanted to do something, they could... but his bitterness only made him want to respond childishly, despite earlier promising he would try to stop that sort of behaviour. "Fine, we'll leave it open. I mean, you're frosty. I don't wanna kiss someone who's cold as ice, huh?"​

"I may be "frosty", but at least I'm not salty, like you. My blood pressure increases every time I'm around you." He snapped, laying down on the bed with a heavy sigh once dressed. Taking his usual spot on the bed, to the right, he took his favorite pillow and buried his cheek into it for a quick and much needed sleep. Hell, sleeping on rocks and sand wasn't nearly comparable to the softness of their bed.

"Oh, my heart hurts," he sarcastically grunted, turning his back on him in return, though simply stared at the wall opposite in reluctance to sleep. He was stewing in anger at the moment, completely bitter despite wanting to get rid of such feelings, and in feeling this bad, no matter how quick the decision was and how unconsidered it would be, he sat up with a grimace. "You're definitely not partaking in the war. You're not a General, I've decided."​

"What the hell are you talking about?" He murmured, sitting up a bit himself to glance back at him. "Why not? You wanted me to help, so here I am... And after one fight, you want to drop me? That's so childish."

"I don't want you fighting. It'll just make our relationship worse," he shrugged, choosing to simply play it off calmly and without any sense of cockiness, even if his tone was dripping in it. "Just be a lovely little boyfriend who plays with my daughter all day long. I'll do the manly stuff, how about that?"​

"The manly stuff?! I am a four-star veteran of the Royal Army and you run away during battle! You'll be DESTROYED if you don't get me to help!" He snapped, his cheeks growing red in anger. "Do you WANT to get ripped a new one?! Or do you want to actually win?!

"...Obviously I want to win," he grumbled, laying on his side once more with a far from pleased frown. He didn't want the other fighting, just because if something did go wrong and the man got hurt, or worse, killed, then Lucifer would never be able to forgive himself from not stopping him taking part when he had the chance.

But refusing him was clearly hard, when he reacted like this. He knew having Eden on board would give them a advantage, but risking him being injured by the angels was something he refused - though how on earth was he supposed to ensure him not take part?

A smile suddenly crossed his face once a plan hit. It was risky, of course he knew that, but if war was occurring in a few months, the plan would work superbly. It may affect their relationship, cause stress and arguments... but at least it would put Eden off fighting, make it impossible for him to do so.

Lucifer was sure that angels were built differently, able to carry children... and that was the basic plan. Simply have another kid, but with Eden. If he was pregnant during the war, there was literally no way he could fight. Lucifer was a shitty father, and morally, it was wrong to bring another child into the world... but if it ensured Eden wouldn't fight, it was worth it. "Eden," he pined quietly, turning onto his side again with a sudden coo - he had to first get the angel on side before starting anything. "You're hot when you're mad at me, huh?"​

... He wasn't really expecting that to be his response. Maybe some yelling back, some whiny little bullshit the other man did usually. But to just flat out start flirting? That wasn't... Normal. Hell, he had tried to flirt with the man many times, but he always seemed to ignore it. So now? Now, when he was furious?!

His cheeks ignited in a strange mix of anger and embarrassment, his eyes looking away quickly. "What, two days with Ruby wasn't enough?! Is sex seriously all that's on your mind right now?! We're talking about a war, Lucifer. Not some game. People will get hurt, and DIE, you of all people should know this- oh wait, you wouldn't, since you've never actually been on the battlefield."

Normally, and ideally, the man would have erupted into fits of anger at the disrespectful statement. While he wouldn't have hurt him physically, he'd have at least ordered he leave the room but not before resorting to insult him as viciously and poisonously as he liked.

Yet, that didn't happen. He was physically angered, biting hard on his bottom lip to stop it showing -even if it was evident-, but instead of simply growing mad, he managed a smirk and moved up a little closer. He was that desperate to save the boy he loved from getting hurt on the battlefield, he was risking losing a war and being stuck with a child neither of them would want. "Look, I'm not all about sex," he huffed with a roll of his eyes. "I just think we haven't done it in a while, and... you know I love you."​

"If you loved me, you wouldn't have cheated on me," He murmured, his stance still stubborn while he fiddled abzently with his pajama shirt. "I dont want to make love if there's even the slightest DNA of that whore in you, Lucifer."

"I was mad. Jeez, I've apologised, you know? And I just want to... be affectionate with you. I've pushed you away so far to the point of cheating. I just want to show you I'm still your boyfriend," he murmured. That was all true: he did want to just push everything aside and show some intimacy - though he did have that ulterior motive that would go unsuccessful the longer the angel pushed his efforts aside...​

"..." Sighing in reluctance, he relaxed into the bed a bit. "Well I dont really feel affectionate right now." He murmured, "I just want to sleep, and then take a nice shower in the morning. Sorry I dont want to snuggle."

Grimacing to himself at the other's now blatant refusal, he moved a further from him to give him what he wanted... though he was still boiling in anger at it. He didn't have entirely that long before war occurred, and the sooner he could stop Eden entering the fight, the better... though he seemingly had to reinstate trust first...​

By morning, the angel had rolled awake. His eyes fluttering open, he offered a soft smile to the other. "... Hn, good morning... are you ready to make up to me more?"

Groaning once hearing the other's voice which ultimately caused him to stir, it took a moment for him to just adjust to the dim light sneaking into the room, Lucifer eventually just managed a small smile before hitching himself up onto his side. "I'm not going to be kissing your feet, if that's what you're hinting at, babe," he started, only really blinking and adjusting his position when noticing that Luna wasn't in the room.

He did expect her to have wormed her way between them during the night, but the lack of her presence suggested otherwise, a pang of guilt hitting... for all of two seconds, before he forgot about it. "I can make it up to you by showing you I love you, hm~?"​

"How do you plan on doing that?" He whispered, eyeing the other slowly. "Because I don't think we have the same idea."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"...Look, I just want to make love, and it's not seedy. It's a romantic gesture," he mumbled. Again, it was the truth, wrapped up in rather bad intentions, not that he ever intended on letting the other know his motives behind this. "I mean, god, Eden. You can fight, alright? Just... come on. We haven't done anything like this in ages."​

"We've never done it." He replied flatly, eyes avoiding the other. "You've gone on and on about Ruby, but never with me. Even when I flirted with you."

"So... So let's do it now then. I'm sorry for being a jackass, Eden," he purred, leaning back in close when he at least he was growing closer to breaking through the protective wall the other had up, for good reason. Pressing up close, and easily worming his arms around his waist, he bit hard on his lip, at least waiting for a sign the other wanted it - he wasn't going to coerce him forcefully. "You know you love me~"​

"I don't know if I do right now," He muttered, "Honestly, you really hurt me Lucifer. I don't know if I'll ever fully trust you after what you did. Wouldn't you be upset if I did the same to you?"

Status
Not open for further replies.