Against The Wits

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'd love you to be there. They petrify me, and I don't want them thinking I'm an easy and soft target. Having you there, and my Dad, will at least be a little more comfortable. Plus you're a tough General, and Lucifer too, so I'm sure they can't criticise me then," she pondered - though really didn't put anything past the angels, having seen for herself how sneaky they could genuinely be.

"I know that a few of their Generals are coming," she continued as she lifted herself up onto the counter to reach for the rare and expensive herbs hidden away. "Some guy called Hedeon, I think? From what I've read in history books, he seems like a character. I know Dad will hate him."​

"That asshat?" He scoffed, the knife he held digging into the wood counter with a grimace. "Honestly, don't be afraid of him. He's all bark and no bite- did you know he never once went on the battlefield? I may have been a 'ruthless dictator' to my troops, but at least I fought along side of them. H-How pompous of him to write himself to be such a great general when he's literally the most weak-minded angel I have ever met."

"You know him? I... you don't have to come if it'll be awkward, I mean...I don't want to force that on you," she grimaced, having to curse her own idiocy. Of course Eden would know him - he had been an angel before he fell from grace, and had more than likely integrated with other high, prominent figures when planning for wars and conflicts and the like.

"No, it's fine. I want to talk to him alone, anyway." He replied, before dropping the meat into the pot. "I'd like to know how messed up Heaven is, after all, especially after the war. You know me, I'm beyond curious about that sort of thing. Besides, I want to show off how beautiful my wings are, now that they've grown back.'

"Just don't get into any bitter arguments? I want to keep things civil, and not like discussions have been in the past where Dad's just lost it and screamed at them. I... want to be able to be mature and sort things out," she admitted as she clambered awkwardly down from the counter, and moved to help him lift the pot onto the rustic oven. "...Plus I guess I don't need the stress, and hell, the thought of sitting with them makes me stressed beyond belief."​

Quickly washing his hands of the blood, he only offered a smile after a silent moment of thinking. "... Yes, well. You need to understand why your father doesn't like them, hm? Or, why I don't like them. They're terrible people, Luna. There's a reason they've wanted to go to war with Hell for centuries- because everyone is just bitter about their situations."

"I mean, I understand why he hates them. I just don't want him screaming bloody murder," she grinned, stirring the ingredients together in the pot before leaving it to simmer and cook, leaning back against the counter as she waited. "I think we're all adults now who can have a conversation without bickering like children, even though Reuben tells me I'm nothing more than a big child-- should Reuben sit in on the meeting? I... was going to leave him out, purely because I'm angry for the infidelity, and rightly so, but..."​

"He's a dunce, Luna." He laughed, while taking his own seat on the counter. "He's a brutal, violent dunce. Not someone who should be in such an important political meeting. But, you do you sweetheart. You're the queen now, right? It's your choice... But let's not talk about it this minute.'

"Yeah, I... guess it doesn't need discussing now, obviously," she smiled, pouring herself out some home-made juice, given she couldn't currently have her favourite wine made from grapes in the castle's gardens - juice, apparently, was all she had to live by for the next few months. "Though, I... will defend him. He's not a dunce. I... it's like people who insult Lucifer. Even if you know he has bad characteristics, he's still the person you love, and... hearing him insulted isn't nice, right? Same with Reuben. I don't want people thinking he's an idiot. He's not the brightest spark, but... still, aha..."​

"But it's true! Look, he shouldn't be able to contribute when he knows nothing about the politics of Hell. Just like Lucifer, you should be wary that he'll lash out at the angels. I'd like to think that the past few months have calmed Lucifer down, though."

"And I'd like to think that Reuben would be able to respect the situation without blowing his lid... I want him there, and I'm sure he won't let me down," she decided quietly, hitching herself back up onto the counter and sipping at the juice, though wisely opted to drop the conversation before they bickered. "...Do you have any of Demetar's baby stuff I could borrow? I mean, I... don't really want the whole kingdom knowing yet, but similarly, I don't want to leave things to the last minute."​

"They're all in the basement..." He answered easily, his eyes shifting towards her with pursed lips. "You didn't go through everything, right? Because I really want to at least keep a few of his pictures, that I put in there... It would be awful."

"I haven't gone through anything in the basement, honestly. I... I didn't know there was anything down there. Tell you what, you can go and take what you want, and whatever's left I can have? That'd be fine, Eden," she smiled quietly, guilt already setting in. She hadn't exactly forced them out, and had been accommodating in letting them take their stuff as long as they needed to be, but she had still forced them out of their home, and the place where those memories had been made. "I... I am sorry, again."​

It took everything in the angel's being to keep from replying with a snarky tone so instead offered a smile. "Oh, well... It's not your fault entirely, hm? At least you didn't throw anything, or burn anything. I feel like there's people who would... I bet Demetar will be so embarrassed by the pictures, now that he has those friends and whatnot- oh, sorry. Not friends, but coworkers."

"Co-workers? They're utterly detestable, aside from Mother and Serena, and Nayeli is... sweet," she smiled, having no such positivity to say about the male Archdemons, of course excluding the brother she did dote upon, even if their relationship was struggling currently. "But the others? They're not nice. They'll happily criticise every one of us, you know? They hate you, and me, and Dad-- but we have to abide with them, I suppose..."​

"They don't hate me." He huffed, his wings offering a flutter in offense as he pressed his head on his hand. "They're bitter, I get that, but don't assume that they're all so mean. What about that one? The big ol' father-like one? He's kind, right? And, they all Demetar well. That's important..."

"They do hate you, they don't like anyone royal, Eden-- but Cosmo is somewhat nice, I suppose, but he's a puppet for Blaze and Riek to voice their irritable little opinions," she shrugged, tending to the soup to avoid glancing at the other, fearing she would just emotionally burst into tears - it was a lot of stress and guilt going on currently, and it wasn't great to dwell on negativity.​

'Has Demetar stood up to you?" He murmured, eyeing his daughter in law warily. "Nayeli likes you, yes? So don't worry, sweetheart. She's the head of the Archdemons, after all. If they get too out of line, she'll whip them back into place. I believe in you, that you'll do fine."

"You don't need to patronise me o-or anything, I realise that I can do the job. I mean, I've done alright without you, but it is easier if you and Dad are there," she shrugged, not wanting to really be some vessel to be sympathised and pitied. She was up for the job -she wouldn't have harmed Lucifer if she didn't think she could be Queen- but she did need, and desired, the company of the two for both a business sense, and because she simply missed them.

Quietly gesturing for a few maids to deal out the soup and bring it in to them, she wandered from the kitchens back towards the dining room, smiling across at Eden confidently. "Demetar does his job, let's just say that. I... don't expect sympathy from him at all, he... he's happy to scrutinise me, as his job is, I suppose. I... would like to meet with him as his sister, and be siblings again, but that can wait until he's ready to forgive me, I guess."​

"I've been completely out of the loop with Demetar, to be honest." Eden murmured, whilst stretching his arms warily. "I mean, I've been out of the loop with everyone. That is, except Lucifer. But even then, I can't help but feel like he doesn't tell me everything. I don't understand why people can't just be honest with one another, but I suppose it's just life. Oh, gosh, I'm babbling on, aren't I? Lucifer says I do it a lot lately, but... I suppose I just can't help myself."

• Useful
Reactions: potassiumboron
Status
Not open for further replies.