Against The Wits

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"...Yes, well, I babble quite a lot too, I try not to because it's hardly the 'correct' behaviour. I have to be calm and collected, apparently," she snorted with a roll of her eyes - it wasn't entirely in her nature to conform to expected standards of her, after all, hence why, when giving speeches or meeting people, she tended to be herself rather than a cold Royal intent on spreading fear to control the masses. Wasn't it best to show a little personality, and show that she was pretty much a normal person? Sure, she could take Lucifer's advice, but he had been hated by the majority of Hell... so doing things differently wasn't suicidal.

Sitting herself back at the table, it did take everything to not grimace when noticing that Reuben hadn't returned, or her son for that matter, so subtly murmured for a maid to fetch them before offering a confident smile to her father and Eden. "...I don't want to be a stranger to you guys, alright? So when the meeting happens, I... I'd like to involve you a lot. You wouldn't just be observant guests, you can definitely get as involved with the business as you wish."​

"... I don't know if we should get involved." Admitted Eden as he carefully took a seat besides his husband and took his hand to hold tight. "I mean, I think we should just keep an eye on everything, but... but it's your rule, honey. Your responsibility. I'll still help you with plans of war, and we'll both make sure nothing gets too out of hand, but..."

"Yes, my rule, but... I-I can hardly rule by myself, can I?" She easily panicked, her self-consciousness kicking in now she had come to the realisation that her supposed boyfriend and best friend literally didn't give a shit about her. She had been grateful for the support and confidence he provided her, but now, without him? She was easily crumpling under all the pressure - she wasn't as confident as she made out, after all.

So by the time the meeting between a few vital members in the Army and in Hell's defensive systems and their opposing counterparts from Heaven came around the following day, the bitterly young Queen was a nervous wreck. Refusing even the help of her rather loyal maids, she practically wasted the whole day panicking in her bedroom -alone, of course- and only made an appearance in the grand meeting room when she was ushered out by her assistant, at least moments before her colleagues and the angels arrived.

"...I appreciate you two coming," she said quietly towards Lucifer and Eden, slightly -well, beyond- thankful that they had arrived early. For once, her father's obsession with punctuality was a help, and not a curse. "It, uh... means a lot and--"

"Even if you hadn't asked, I'd have came. Angels are trouble makers, and I don't want Hell being ruined more than it has been recently, so... the fact you need our help also ensures I turned up," her father drawled casually, only really looking a little less stern when spotting the Generals of Hell's army enter. With a nostalgic and rather youthful grin spreading across his face at the sight of his old friends, he suddenly scowled and sunk petulantly in his seat, with a sharp glare towards Eden. "Say one fucking word to those two twerps, and we're going home, got that? I don't understand why they're fucking here--"

"We're here, Lucifer, because we're Generals in the Army." Damon grumbled, glancing towards his twin, Atticus, who shyly nodded his confirmation, the juxtaposition of Damon's cockiness and Atticus' shyness still remaining to the day, even after Eden had practically abandoned them for Lucifer. "And trust me, you were King and we respected you, but you're not now. We don't have any obligation to talk politely, and like hell do we want to. Especially not the little featherbrain sat next to you."

"I'm glad you're still as crude as ever." Replied Eden, as he rested his head on his hand, though offered a smile nonetheless. "It's good to see you two, you know. I don't understand why you never visited, hm? And I mean that- especially you, Atticus, you were always so nice. Still are, I assume? Look, let's not get all immature, okay? I think all of us are bitter enough about what this meeting is about, hm? Especially when everyone seems to hate my kind."

"Do you not expect us to be bitter? We were dating you, and you just abandoned us! Talk about megalomania. All you wanted was power, huh?" Damon interjected to protect his brother as best he could as he took his seat, respectfully nodding towards a far too nervous Luna, before his steely glare focused on Eden again... all while Atticus shyly took his seat with the very briefest of apologetic smiles. "Whatever. I don't respect you, and I don'tlike you, Eden. Everyone knows you're a fuckwit who treats people like dirt. What did he do to you again, ma'am? He abandoned you too, right?"

"Hm? Oh gosh, not really. Eden's never abandoned me." Luna smiled quickly, happy to forget the fact it had been a lot like abandonment - she would easily defend Eden even if he was in the wrong now. Didn't she owe that to him? "He's been like a father, so..."​

"Yes, we were... Until you practically handed me over to the archdemons, eh? And then you two sort of disappeared from my life. How many years ago has it been? Don't you think you should have come to see me at least one of those times? Nevermind, okay? We're here for business, yes? So let's focus on that instead of delving into personal lives.'

Wearing matching scowls in response, the brothers were both perfectly happy and capable of countering the other's version of events and even attacking Lucifer now the man was reduced to being an equal among them... until the angels wandered in through the grand doors in their typically exaggerated sense of majesty and grandeur.

The group consisted of five of the highest Archangels currently holding down important positions in Heaven, all donning rather fabulous white gowns adorned with gold and silver lining; the one woman in the group donned earrings of pearl and the odd dotting of glitter in her blonde, curled hairdo. In fact, even the other four men found it acceptable to show off. They each had their own expression of self-worth and disgust at the dark surroundings, but worse than the other four combined was probably the renowned Hedeon was the worst.

As Eden had alluded to, he wasn't the biggest, or the strongest in physical appearance, though his large wings proved his high status in the army, and if that didn't, his own sense of status was palpable. The delicate man offered a forced, tight smile as he took his seat on the other end of the table, sat directly opposite Luna and carefully leant forward. It was clearly easy to intimidate her - one simply move forward, and he had already picked her apart mentally. What he lacked for in physical presence, he more than made up for in intelligence.

"It's a delight to see you again, dear Eden. What an awful shame it was having to fight your husband here. Gosh, I almost felt bad! I do wish we could all simply... get along. I know Heaven's stable, but gosh, Hell is an awful state. I wouldn't want to fight and see you all out on the streets," he drawled, his superiority going as far as to have a posh drawl to his words. "From the look of it, you have been. Do you not know how to take a bath? I suppose Hell is far behind Heaven in terms of wealth and financial security, hm, to not have baths..."​

Raising a brow at his former friend, turned foe, Eden scoffed at the other's clear cockiness- it had been years since seeing the other, but he was beyond used to Hedeon's dick personality. Offering an easily plastered smile in response, he gave a shrug as his own black wings easily spread in a conscious show of how they were equal in size. Granted, the size of his wings were far from appreciated in Hell. "Ah, well... It seems that Heaven must have had some economic struggles, too. I mean, I adore the fake pearls and the rather drab clothing. You know, I've really grown to appreciate colors since being forced to Hell. Heaven's fashion sense has deteriorated much faster than I thought it would. Though, I have to admit, I'm glad you finally were able to get to General status. Not like I had it nearly a hundred years before you- oh, but that doesn't matter, hm?"

"... Eden, please." Warned Demetar, while glancing at his fellow Archdemons warily. Of course, in a business setting, he often tried his hardest to keep family and his job separate, hence using his father's real name. But, that didn't mean he had particularly high amounts of concerned for him. "... How about we focus on what we came here for, yes? I think we'd all agree to have a nice, civil meeting."

"Oh, I made General through hard work, determination and passion. If I recall, you made General because Heaven was in a state fighting Hell, and you were crazy. We were desperate, so they decided on appointing a sadistic killing machine. Clearly, that was a wonderful decision. Their infamous General married the enemy and popped out a kid. And what a son he is. What a lovely life you had led," he drawled with his face rested on his hand, his golden eyes glancing to Demetar knowingly and, unafraid of the rather daunting presences of the fellow Archdemons, openly snorted at the boy's very appearance. "I see you're an Archdemon. I think that's very wise of you, son. Continuing to be the Prince was clearly a source of embarrassment for your dear parents. Though they were a laughing stock before you were a glint in your Dad's eye--"

"Don't you bully my brother like that." Luna quickly interjected, coughing into her fist. She would have yelled that, screamed it even...but she owed Demetar the decency and the decorum he would want from a formal meeting, and she had a lot of making up to do to him without ruining it with her over passionate nature. "Let's just get on with this, please. I don't wish to argue--"

"So why open your mouth?" Hedeon yawned, flouncing back as the angels cackled, following his lead. "This is a waste. We all know Heaven and Hell will fight again. This attempt of a truce is laughable."​

"Yet here you are." Demetar replied, while offering a grimace. "You didn't have to do this, you know. But, yet, here we are. Now how about you treat this seriously, or Hell won't hesitate to attack once again- and, from what I've heard, you're in a much worse situation than you lead on to be."

"... Demetar, you don't need to start this. This is some bitter blood between Hedeon and I, there's no reason for you to get involved between us bickering. Now, how dare you insult my son. What, do you have children? Because I highly doubt they'd become an archangel- as if that title means anything anymore. All you do is sit in a circle, laughing and trying to one up one another. I know, I've seen it myself. At least demons have the decency to treat one another with respect."

"Decency? This bunch of uneducated swines?" He laughed, waving his hand around the table mockingly and with a smug smirk, though this did correspond with his typically smug personality. No matter what the fallen angel insulted him with, or used against him, he easily blocked it off with an even more insulting word against him. It was difficult to see how they had ever been friends when in Heaven - the main reason they had probably got along back then was Hedeon's rather lowly position as a secretary. He had been far from powerful, often teased mercilessly for his 'nerdy' personality and small stature, so the moment he received just an ounce of power? Megalomania easily set in.

"Oh, do continue, Demetar, son. I adore listening to you!" He sarcastically drawled again, regrettably leaving Demetar once feeling himself beginning to rile up. "Me, children? Oh, Eden, don't be so daft. I, unlike you, am dedicated to my position. Clearly you fucked up somewhere if your own step-daughter attempted to kill your husband and ruin your life. Looks like I'm the success out of the both of us~"​

"And clearly you're uneducated in the traditions of Hell if you think that this isn't commonplace." Eden easily snapped back, before letting out a hearty laugh. "You know why you don't have children? Because there'll never be someone who can stand your absolutely abhorrent attitude, let alone how hideous you look. At least I've found someone to have a family and settle down with, without needing to use my status. Now, do you want to continue this? Or can we just get to the fucking meeting."

"... Don't swear." Warned Demetar, despite his white eyes growing somewhat misty at both the insult and the fact that the other Archdemons seemed to abandon defending him. "It shows poorly on both of our realms if we just bicker back and forth. It's honestly depressing."

"...I... well, I have some hopeful plans that'll ensure peace between our nations for the benefit of our people," Luna began nervously, sharing a quick smile with her brother (she at least was trying to be respectful and keep the meeting ticking along). "I'm sure we don't want or need further war--

"Sorry, I'm hideous? This -this- coming from the treacherous piece of scum that could only find love in the arms of a filthy demon? And even then, doesn't Luci dearest go and sleep with other people? So much the perfect little marriage," the angel responded flatly, his cackling only really provoking contrary reactions - on one side, the other angels all grinned in approval, whereas the demons were far from impressed, Luna in particular resting back with a small frown. She did feel useless, of course. She was the one in charge, the one who supposedly had the most power... and yet she was being walked over and ignored. Being without the one person she trusted wholly hurt more - was it so hard for Reuben to force himself to make an appearance, or her son for that matter?

"Can we please stop bickering like children?" She demanded quickly, clearing her throat once -to her surprise- quiet fell across the table. "The Archdemons -my brother in particular- ought to have respect. Whether you're a demon or not, they took time away from other important matters to come here, not to listen to this petulance, s-so... where's Nayeli? Is she not coming, Mother? I... I'd have liked her here too. And her counterpart in Heaven--"

"Oh, get fucking real." Hedeon uncharacteristically blurted, ruining the stereotyped pretence of angels being perfect. In reality, he could swear as much as a demon could - he just tried not to, because it was 'uncouth'. "Cael detests Nayeli. I mean, the Archangels care for Cael, like the Archdemons do Nayeli, and they say he's been mute for centuries -thousands of years, even- because of her decision to live in Hell rather than Heaven. Doesn't surprise me, really. She's probably some little runt who's too big for her boots, hm~?"​

As Eden was left fuming, his face beetroot as he began to open his mouth to easily defend himself and his realm- though Mother spoke before he could even say a word. Out of everyone in the room, she was the oldest. Hell, she had been alive when even their parents were born. Folding her calloused hands carefully, she peaked a simple eye from her hood to take in Hedeon and the other's with a grimace.

"I'd like to remind you, all of you, are adults, yes? Including Cael and Nayeli. If you dare have the audacity to scold either one of them, you're just like children. Eden, I'm disappointed in you for this. You're both decorated Generals, yes? How would either Cael or Nayeli say if they saw you act like petulant toddlers."

"Mother, please don't get angry..." Pleaded Demetar, whilst offering to take her hand carefully in his own. "You don't need to get so upse-"

"Demetar, this is my job. If you don't realize that you must be stern and serious during a meeting between our Realm and theirs, maybe you aren't fit for the position. " She replied easily, though her tone was gentle while taking the boy's hand in hers with a smile, easily flaunting her sharp teeth. "This is a rather pathetic meeting."

"I don't think it's a total disaster!" Luna interjected quickly, though her less than convicted tone eventually made her grimace and flop back against the chair miserably. "I did try to control matters, but I was spoken over, and... I suppose it could be argued that a true leader wouldn't allow others to speak over the, but... I'm sorry, Mother, we can totally get this back on track, though."

"I'm sure we can." Hedeon drawled, casually glaring at Mother though, purely out of a respect for her (however minuscule), did ultimately decide to improve his slouched posture and actually participate... even despite his small snorts and derisive chuckles. "Cael, I suppose, is a promoter of peace between the realms. I assume Nayeli believes the same, given they were both the original beings. Not that they're the same person-- how did Nayeli cope during the war? Cael coped atrociously. I suppose that's a motivation for us not to fight. If Cael is upset -and Nayeli too- it could spell dreadfully on either one of our nations if they decide to simply destroy it... Hell already appears destroyed, mind you..."

"You just can't help yourself, can you? You can't help having a dig." Lucifer finally spoke, having opted to sit back and let his daughter lead, until finally getting pissed off. "Nayeli coped well because, unlike you, we protected her-- Mother mostly, I suppose. Nayeli is content and she's protected. I presume you let Cael wander about and risking injury-- but you're right. Their states is a motivation to avoid fighting..."​

"Then that should settle it." Mother murmured, while absently cracking her fingers. "Fifteen minutes of bickering and you finally decided to settle this whole situation. Luna, dear, how about you decide a plan? Eden and Lucifer can grab the official scrolls. I'd also like our Archdemons and your Archangels to properly talk, hm? As the pacifists of our Realms, it would be interesting to at least discuss further ways to stop another war to occur."

"I... I-I think that's a wonderful idea!" Pipped Demetar, desperate to at least seem like he was a bit under control and a part of the team. "And we should also discuss means of staying connected, yeah? I mean, communication is best for keeping a stable relationship, I assume the same applies here?"

"I highly, highly doubt they'd want to arrange a meeting with you lot, no offence." Hedeon drawled slowly, letting Luna fuss around collecting her papers together to work out some sort of plan, and in the meantime, he simply poured out some wine to try and relax in the still tense situation. "The Archangels aren't exactly social. While you all apparently now go wandering about, sticking your noses into business you really should keep out of, the Archangels keep out of things better left to those it concerns. Ergo, they won't meet with you."

"How on earth is the state of our kingdoms not their business? They're either wimps, or they're stupid." Selena retorted, tapping her fingernails impatiently and tugging the hood of her gown down with a huff. "How long is this going to take though? I'm absolutely tired out."​

"Yes, well, they certainly seem to enjoy gossiping. You and I both know that the whole 'stay out of other's business' thing is absolute shite." Muttered Eden, while locking eyes with one of the Archangels. It may have been years since being a normal angel, but he knew more than anyone that things didn't change that easily with Heaven. "It's their job to sort things out and establish laws, and Luna is the one two solidify them. Is it honestly do hard to get off out of the building every now and then?"

"Luna solidifying anything is beyond unbelievable. No offence, of course, sweetheart, but you're hardly a capable leader at the moment. You seem awfully vulnerable and scattered, and as an apparent 'leader', I find it hard to see how you'll settle all of this," one of said Archangels murmured, a rather motherly-type figure, with a sweet smile and honey-blonde hair curled perfectly - the stereotypical angel in many ways, especially given her tendency to be patronising and belittling those probably much more powerful than she herself was. "And as far as a meeting goes, Mother, I'm afraid Hedeon is correct. We will not be making a meeting with you to discuss things further. We're here, were happier to join together and get things sorted, but no further discussions on preventing war will take place."

"Well, that's stubborn and awful and irritating of you!" Nayeli piped up, appearing in her typically arbitrary fashion in the seat beside Mother and Demetar - she was hardly going to stay behind whilst knowing everyone was having the meeting. Sure, she was a child in many ways, having been one for thousands of years, but she was far more important than anyone sat at the table, so why shouldn't she appear to see how things went down? Calmly tugging back her wild hair (she had rolled out of bed only seconds prior), she clung her teddy to her chest and offered a curious peek around the table, evidently looking out for her counterpart from Heaven. "...Where's Cael? I... I wanna see him, he's... he's important to me..."​

Easily lifting the girl onto her lap, Mother immediately tended to Nayeli's rat nest while calmly humming, knowing more than anyone that she was beyond bitter in the morning. She had been by her side for cenrueiws, after all. "He chose not to come, sweetheart. The angels must think we'll do something to him, after all. It's sad, really, that they don't trust us enough to have a dull meeting." She murmured easily, her white eyes never leaving the girl she practically saw as both a daughter and her best friend.

• Love
Reactions: potassiumboron
Status
Not open for further replies.