AEGIS - RP in an expanded Marvel Cinematic Univers

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm I know I'm kinda slow guys but I'm working on a post so mind slowing down some? Maya hasn't had a chance to react to anything :o
Sorry... This Nat character is really getting Alice worked up (in a good way) She has never been around some who could just sneak up on her like he did. (appearing out of nowhere without teleporting).

ps...
May does not count... she like the god of infiltration.

Uhm I know I'm kinda slow guys but I'm working on a post so mind slowing down some? Maya hasn't had a chance to react to anything :o

Sorry... This Nat character is really getting Alice worked up (in a good way) She has never been around some who could just sneak up on her like he did. (appearing out of nowhere without teleporting).

ps...
May does not count... she like the god of infiltration.
It was partly Nat's fault. He made the invisi-blanky XD.

And, sorry Greenie. We both got stoked up too much. I think it's time you get the time to shine.

Ah... I don't need to shine ^_^' I just have a hard time taking in many posts at a time and considering them all in one. Sorry about that.

Reactions: Michale CS
Chipped tooth, and bad toothache . Will keep things fresh as best as my pain-addled mind can manage.

Yikes! Toothaches are the worst 3: hope you feel better soon!

Sorry I haven't replied yet guys v.v My imagination's gone kind of blank and I've been slow pretty much everywhere. I'll try to piece together a reply by tonight.

Posted :o Sorry I took so long. And it's still a rather lame post v.v I'm not very good at er... plots and plans.

Okay folks, I keep promising so now I won't promise but just know I have a goal of getting back to the RP by Friday.

Another couple days got past me IRL is very busy as I'm trying to change jobs...

Sunday, after I'm done with all the gardening and Chickens, I have blocked aside a couple hours to RP here.

Is this still open and accepting?

@Huntress Yes, we are and I believe so. The GM probably won't accept until they come back since they aren't able to RP until the end of this month or so.

Reactions: Huntress
Okay, well I will post my CS and wait for some feedback/recommended adjustments. :)

Name: Lauren Chase
Height: 5' 11"
Race: Enhanced Human
Hair: Dirty Blonde, up to mid back in length, with a slight wave.
Eyes: Grey-Blue
High Concept: Military experiment gone wrong with positive side effects.
Trouble: Wanna take this outside?
Aspect: Superhuman Strength
Aspect: Extremely Durable
Aspect: Fast Healer

Power Grid:
Intelligence:
2 (Normal)
Strength: 6 (Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.)
Speed: 3 (Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 [approximately 760 miles per hour])
Durability: 5 (Bulletproof)
Energy Projection: 1 (None)
Fighting Ability: 4 (Experienced Fighter)

Profile:

Biography: Lauren was born and raised in America. Her father was a general and her mother was a scientist for the United States army. With her parents stationed and working from within the USA, Lauren was lucky enough to live a fairly normal life in comparison to other children from military families, something she was thankful for; she didn't have to move a lot like others which meant she didn't have to make new friends every six months but she almost never saw her parents as they were constantly working. She spent most of her life in the arms of a nanny. Growing up without real parental figures obviously had it's effects on her but Lauren didn't grow up a troubled or angry child, or so she thought. She had her friends and of course, her love for sports.

By the time she was in high school Lauren was looking at a series of scholarships for her athletic prowess. Her parents had heard of the news and were proud of her but as always work was more important to them and she carried on through her life. College was quite an experience and by the end of it Lauren was excited to begin her new life as an Athlete.

Although she had taken contract after contract they all eventually fell through at some point. The reasons for her terminations were various; attitude problems, foul play and some were because of bad (drinking) habits.

Lauren had told herself that she hadn't been bothered by the absence of her parents as she was growing up but obviously that wasn't the truth. It seemed like it had affected her more than she had wanted to believe. Her friends had moved on in life and grew apart; with no family to come back to, Lauren had found herself alone for some time. She considered this time her 'rock bottom'. Most of her memories from this time were blurred, the amount of alcohol she had consumed over that time caused her memory to falter.

She couldn't hold a job and she had no one to confide to. It was at that moment that she realized she hadn't much of a choice in her path anymore. After heavy debate Lauren found herself walking into the nearest recruitment office. With papers signed and some names dropped she was on her way to basic training.

Soon the life of a soldier began to grow on her, she had people to talk to and she even started making some friends; a small part of her was hopeful that she would see her parents again.

What she had hoped for eventually came true. With her name having traveled through several ears and up the ranks Lauren was surprised by a knock on her door one morning. She was taken to a foreign facility where she was briefed and then greeted by an older man, her father. He gazed upon her in pride and welcomed her.

The facility she had been taken to was an experimental one, she had been told that due to her success where she had been stationed, that they wished to bring her on as a guard. With this her name was moved up and her security clearance had sky rocketed. Lauren took the promotion with no questions asked. The presence of her father being a key reason to her saying yes. After some time excelling through more vigorous training Lauren was approached by her father once again.

"Your mother and I have an offer to make you." Were the words uttered that Lauren would remember vividly throughout her life.

She was offered to be part of an experimental process. The military was putting together a task force for an external group. They had several success stories with their previous patients and General Edmund Chase was eager to have his name carry on. Of course Lauren was worried at first, scared even, it took some time for her family to convince her before she said yes. There was a spot waiting for her and she would be the last one. Agreeing to the terms Lauren was put under the tests required and eventually approved for the process.

As the days approached she grew nervous. The moment she had been sealed in the chamber she began to over think, over analyze, regret the decisions she had made. Why did she agree? She was fine as she was, she didn't want to be better, she didn't want to be different, she just wanted to be with her parents. They had said they were proud of what she had accomplished when she was younger, why did they want her to do this? Had she not been good enough for them?

The process at first had been painless. In the tank Lauren had closed her eyes in fear of what was going to happen. It felt like a long time had gone by and when she opened her eyes to see what was going on she was met by bright flashes of light, subtle thuds, blood splattered on the window of the viewing room and she could see movement. There was arguing but she couldn't make out words. She began banging on the door of the chamber and before she was noticed there was a loud explosion. The chamber had been damaged and Lauren had been injured. Alarms blared and emergency lights flashed. Looking around through hazy eyes and muted senses Lauren was unable to make out anything really. Another explosion followed and Lauren was launched through a wall. There was a large crash as glass shattered and then nothingness followed as she hit the ground hard.

Lauren awoke eventually. She found herself in a high tech facility that didn't seem like a local hospital. The faces that rushed to her side were foreign. They spoke quickly, making it difficult for her waking mind to understand. She was treated very well until she recovered, when she asked to leave they did not allow her. She was told that she had been in a coma for months, that they didn't expect her to wake and that they wished to monitor her more. Eventually, Lauren began to grow curious and she started asking her own questions. Her parents had been killed in the explosions, Lauren asked about the experiment, they were hesitant to answer but they did...eventually.

Whatever process they had put her through had been a success, during the attack Lauren was told that she had been overexposed to the chemicals. The fact that she was alive was surprising. They told her again that they wanted to keep an eye on her, make sure everything was stable, that she was stable, something about '...not wanting another green giant wreaking havoc.' They hadn't given her much of a choice so all Lauren really could do was agree.

Medical tests were run, results were archived and Lauren found herself going through another rigorous process of physical activity and training. With all that done with she was approached.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D." Were the only words uttered and she was left to be.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Lauren avoids spending time at the base. She's typically found roaming the city, drinking and only returning when she's called upon. S.H.I.E.L.D has yet to give her all the answers about her parents and her clearance thus far has not allowed her to access many files. Her revenge burns strong but with S.H.I.E.L.D constantly breathing down her neck she's too scared to do anything.

Skillset: Lauren has been through two levels of Military Training and S.H.I.E.L.D's field agent training. She has knowledge with most military weapons even though she doesn't care much to use them. Hand to hand combat is where she excels and his her preferred method of dealing with conflict.

Personality: Ever since waking up in S.H.I.E.L.D's base after the accident Lauren has found herself returning to a very similar state of mind as when she has hit her 'rock bottom' cold, blunt and fairly uncaring.
She has been left with no one and nothing and although her work with S.H.I.E.L.D is typically more on the good side of things, she is really only doing it for personal gain so she can acquire access to the information she wants; so she can get the revenge that she's determined is her right.

Her fuse is short, and some might say she's easily offended and quick to jump to conflict as the answer for everything. It usually gets her in trouble, but she knows that she can handle whatever is thrown at her.

Lauren used to care for those close to her, deeply care and she would do anything she could to make those people happy, even if it would cost her her own happiness. She also used to be a very loyal person who wasn't a fan of bullying. Perhaps that old state of mind might return in time.

Last edited:
Thanks! Hope she gets approved by the GM. :)
She's close to my Oc in most things (powerwise and such), you should be fine. ( I got that Captain America Male clone on here)

She's close to my Oc in most things (powerwise and such), you should be fine. ( I got that Captain America Male clone on here)

True although, Captain America isn't that strong as far as I know.

He's just kinda more like The best a human can be.

Okay, well I will post my CS and wait for some feedback/recommended adjustments. :)

Name: Lauren Chase
Height: 5' 11"
Race: Enhanced Human
Hair: Dirty Blonde, up to mid back in length, with a slight wave.
Eyes: Grey-Blue
High Concept: Military experiment gone wrong with positive side effects.
Trouble: Wanna take this outside?
Aspect: Superhuman Strength
Aspect: Extremely Durable
Aspect: Fast Healer

Power Grid:
Intelligence:
2 (Normal)
Strength: 6 (Superhuman: Able to lift over 75 tons, up to 100 tons.)
Speed: 3 (Subsonic Superhuman: peak velocity below Mach-1 [approximately 760 miles per hour])
Durability: 5 (Bulletproof)
Energy Projection: 1 (None)
Fighting Ability: 4 (Experienced Fighter)

Profile:

Biography: Lauren was born and raised in America. Her father was a general and her mother was a scientist for the United States army. With her parents stationed and working from within the USA, Lauren was lucky enough to live a fairly normal life in comparison to other children from military families, something she was thankful for; she didn't have to move a lot like others which meant she didn't have to make new friends every six months but she almost never saw her parents as they were constantly working. She spent most of her life in the arms of a nanny. Growing up without real parental figures obviously had it's effects on her but Lauren didn't grow up a troubled or angry child, or so she thought. She had her friends and of course, her love for sports.

By the time she was in high school Lauren was looking at a series of scholarships for her athletic prowess. Her parents had heard of the news and were proud of her but as always work was more important to them and she carried on through her life. College was quite an experience and by the end of it Lauren was excited to begin her new life as an Athlete.

Although she had taken contract after contract they all eventually fell through at some point. The reasons for her terminations were various; attitude problems, foul play and some were because of bad (drinking) habits.

Lauren had told herself that she hadn't been bothered by the absence of her parents as she was growing up but obviously that wasn't the truth. It seemed like it had affected her more than she had wanted to believe. Her friends had moved on in life and grew apart; with no family to come back to, Lauren had found herself alone for some time. She considered this time her 'rock bottom'. Most of her memories from this time were blurred, the amount of alcohol she had consumed over that time caused her memory to falter.

She couldn't hold a job and she had no one to confide to. It was at that moment that she realized she hadn't much of a choice in her path anymore. After heavy debate Lauren found herself walking into the nearest recruitment office. With papers signed and some names dropped she was on her way to basic training.

Soon the life of a soldier began to grow on her, she had people to talk to and she even started making some friends; a small part of her was hopeful that she would see her parents again.

What she had hoped for eventually came true. With her name having traveled through several ears and up the ranks Lauren was surprised by a knock on her door one morning. She was taken to a foreign facility where she was briefed and then greeted by an older man, her father. He gazed upon her in pride and welcomed her.

The facility she had been taken to was an experimental one, she had been told that due to her success where she had been stationed, that they wished to bring her on as a guard. With this her name was moved up and her security clearance had sky rocketed. Lauren took the promotion with no questions asked. The presence of her father being a key reason to her saying yes. After some time excelling through more vigorous training Lauren was approached by her father once again.

"Your mother and I have an offer to make you." Were the words uttered that Lauren would remember vividly throughout her life.

She was offered to be part of an experimental process. The military was putting together a task force for an external group. They had several success stories with their previous patients and General Edmund Chase was eager to have his name carry on. Of course Lauren was worried at first, scared even, it took some time for her family to convince her before she said yes. There was a spot waiting for her and she would be the last one. Agreeing to the terms Lauren was put under the tests required and eventually approved for the process.

As the days approached she grew nervous. The moment she had been sealed in the chamber she began to over think, over analyze, regret the decisions she had made. Why did she agree? She was fine as she was, she didn't want to be better, she didn't want to be different, she just wanted to be with her parents. They had said they were proud of what she had accomplished when she was younger, why did they want her to do this? Had she not been good enough for them?

The process at first had been painless. In the tank Lauren had closed her eyes in fear of what was going to happen. It felt like a long time had gone by and when she opened her eyes to see what was going on she was met by bright flashes of light, subtle thuds, blood splattered on the window of the viewing room and she could see movement. There was arguing but she couldn't make out words. She began banging on the door of the chamber and before she was noticed there was a loud explosion. The chamber had been damaged and Lauren had been injured. Alarms blared and emergency lights flashed. Looking around through hazy eyes and muted senses Lauren was unable to make out anything really. Another explosion followed and Lauren was launched through a wall. There was a large crash as glass shattered and then nothingness followed as she hit the ground hard.

Lauren awoke eventually. She found herself in a high tech facility that didn't seem like a local hospital. The faces that rushed to her side were foreign. They spoke quickly, making it difficult for her waking mind to understand. She was treated very well until she recovered, when she asked to leave they did not allow her. She was told that she had been in a coma for months, that they didn't expect her to wake and that they wished to monitor her more. Eventually, Lauren began to grow curious and she started asking her own questions. Her parents had been killed in the explosions, Lauren asked about the experiment, they were hesitant to answer but they did...eventually.

Whatever process they had put her through had been a success, during the attack Lauren was told that she had been overexposed to the chemicals. The fact that she was alive was surprising. They told her again that they wanted to keep an eye on her, make sure everything was stable, that she was stable, something about '...not wanting another green giant wreaking havoc.' They hadn't given her much of a choice so all Lauren really could do was agree.

Medical tests were run, results were archived and Lauren found herself going through another rigorous process of physical activity and training. With all that done with she was approached.

"Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D." Were the only words uttered and she was left to be.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Lauren avoids spending time at the base. She's typically found roaming the city, drinking and only returning when she's called upon. S.H.I.E.L.D has yet to give her all the answers about her parents and her clearance thus far has not allowed her to access many files. Her revenge burns strong but with S.H.I.E.L.D constantly breathing down her neck she's too scared to do anything.

Skillset: Lauren has been through two levels of Military Training and S.H.I.E.L.D's field agent training. She has knowledge with most military weapons even though she doesn't care much to use them. Hand to hand combat is where she excels and his her preferred method of dealing with conflict.

Personality: Ever since waking up in S.H.I.E.L.D's base after the accident Lauren has found herself returning to a very similar state of mind as when she has hit her 'rock bottom' cold, blunt and fairly uncaring.
She has been left with no one and nothing and although her work with S.H.I.E.L.D is typically more on the good side of things, she is really only doing it for personal gain so she can acquire access to the information she wants; so she can get the revenge that she's determined is her right.

Her fuse is short, and some might say she's easily offended and quick to jump to conflict as the answer for everything. It usually gets her in trouble, but she knows that she can handle whatever is thrown at her.

Lauren used to care for those close to her, deeply care and she would do anything she could to make those people happy, even if it would cost her her own happiness. She also used to be a very loyal person who wasn't a fan of bullying. Perhaps that old state of mind might return in time.
Approved, once I get my mojo back.

So it's been a couple of weeks, and I'm running around taking care of life as I can find it...

And finding a lot less time to come here. Not enough to satisfy my RP wants.

Thankfully, I will shortly have a goodly amount of time to devote to RP, but this won't start until May 12th.

I won't promise to be back before then, as my writer's block has largely continued and my life has been far busier than usual.

Thanks for understanding.

Michale

Status
Not open for further replies.