Aboard the Beowulf OOC/Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayyyy how did I only just see this!

Gonna read up and post now.

Oof, in the middle of writing a post IC, but this is important.

Anyone of you want your characters to have any predetermined interactions with Vincent in the two days we skipped over on the ship?

I could see him and Lorn having chatted a few times, but I don't have anything specific in mind. If you want to make something up I can roll with it.

And I'm in no rush, I'll wait for you to post then get one up. :)

Well, the only real thing I can imagine Doc's main interactions being would be trying to examine everyone, get a general idea of how they are when they are healthy. Makes treating them when they ain't so healthy far easier. Whether that would have been received well or not, well, that is obviously up for debate.

Ah, sounds cool. I'll keep it flexible.

I think Vincent, being pretty young, might come to look up to Doc, but I don't know how he'd take that :P

Anyway. Whatever! Fine. SUre! Finishing up.

@Krimp I now realize you said you had nothing specific in mind. How kind of me to be vaguer than I have ever vagued before.

Vague away, and I will vague along with you. All the vagueing will no doubt uncover something specific eventually.

Reactions: Pestilence
Hello everyone. I hope you guys are still accepting CS. I may have written too much, but I really latched on to an idea. I am willing to change much and more about this character if it doesn't fit well into the plot. Please let me know what you think.

Name: Arnulf Gehr Obstarva
Appearance:
e07ef3d3dd04866ed0b66b1933f4a36b.jpg

(White hair and yellow eyes are common traits of the Obstarva line. His brother was the only exception to this in his immediate family)
Hunter.jpg

(Lanterns are only attached as needed. Obstarva family sword at hip.)
Personality: Arnulf mainly keeps to himself and avoids social interaction. He seems calm, calculated and focused. What few words he speaks are to the point and well chosen. While in combat, he is much the same, but he brings such energy and tenacity that one could easily confuse it for amusement.

History: Arnulf was born the second son of the Duke Fenrir of the city Yhern (pronounced yairn), which was situated close to the northern mountains on their eastern side. Arnulf spent his early years brawling, drinking, and sleeping around the sprawling city, before entering the military at the age of 20, like his father and brother did at that age. It was the second largest in the empire, being a major trade hub and regional military power house. I say was because the city is but ruins today, destroyed by a high dragon and it's brood that was only defeated after hunting ships from neighboring cities came to help. They arrived 3 days after the initial news of the attack and took another 2 days to cull the city. It was considered a great tragedy within the empire and beyond. The Obstarva house was one of the first building to be attacked by the high drake the night it arrived, killing Arnulf's father, mother, brother and 2 sisters. Arnulf was out, drunk downtown with a few other fresh officers. By the end of the second day, the three of them would be 50% of the remaining military personnel in the city, fighting a guerrilla war against the large beasts, building to building. They survived and were all given promotions for their great service. Arnulf decided that it wasn't enough and decided to give his commission over to a DHV ship.

Skills: Weapon training and proficiency with the majority of weapons, street smarts (a rich boy can only get swindled but so many times), dragon experience (on the ground no less), minor first aid, hand to hand combat training and proficiency.

Luggage:
Several old Yhern military trick weapons (The Yhern military was legendary for their amazing trick weapon training. Some say that such weapons are a based of the first dragon hunter's weapons.)

simons_bowblade.jpg

(Favorite of Yhern military officers)
simons_bow_blade.jpg
Ludwig039s_Holy_Blade.jpg

(Held by many Dukes of Yhern. Assumed to be made during the late Medieval period. Combine to make great sword.)
blade_of_mercy.jpg

(Personal weapon of Arnulf. Brought before the fall of the city from a merchant from farther east.)
tumblr_nmcm0eADpJ1rn9ge0o3_400.gif
Motivation: Fight back against the dragon's. (Bloodthirste. Plain and simple.)

AAAAaaahh!!@@!!

Boo still has to post!! But sleepy girl is sleepy right now. so will finish postie tmrw k?

Arnulf is accepted.

I'd imagine whatever would bring a group of Dragons to hole up in a city would be up for fierce debate among scholars, and I doubt our Captain Caine would fail to show up for the fight.

I was going to say something like the heat from the steel mills would attract the dragons to make a roosting point, but it literally could be anything. The proximity to the mountains is the real thing that I want to impress.

I also don't doubt that Captain Caine wouldn't have joined the fight. In fact, if you wish, the Beowulf could be one of the ships that intervened to take down the brood. Again up to you. I'll get to work on posting as soon as I finish studying. (French vocab is killing me.)

Beginning construction on next post. May be up later today or tomorrow.

Made a quick post to move Cor back to where everyone else is so he wouldn't be so separated :0

What!!! Nooooo link me to it ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.