A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alkalb is in the same group with Remy and Evie, so they should defs have something there. I think Remy would alright with Alkalb, pity him little even, sometimes feel a little cautious of him, but overall just like him. He would be aware Alkalb is not a normal kid, because he's more like a feral child they sometimes find in the wilds of Russia that have been adopted by wolf packs; Alkalb does not quite understand morality, the difference between right and wrong, but that does not make him a bad person by default. He's just a little lost and needs understanding, care and guidance. And, well, some restraint here and there. I think Alkalb would awaken empathy and sadness in Remy, seeing as the kid is one of the more unlucky ones with the treatments he's been getting.

@Cybermoon yeah, where are you now? I gave in so come play with me!
I think that Alkalb would grow to like Remy, since he does not see as harsh as other people. I guess it's good that I put him in a group with less crazy people. Especially Evie who can control emotions

It's not like they're going to see the Facility again for a couple of months, anyways. Better to start slow, let the peeps settle in nice and cozy with establishing there they want to be the minutes before their lives change in front of them (or so they think). Then make them drop everything in the true fashion as mentioned in the overview after a couple of posts. I dunno, it just feels more natural and less cluttered that way.

Maybe drop a foreshadowing or two, why not?

• Thank You
Reactions: Brea and Wicked
So I have to wait an hour before my next class starts, so I will try to get my starter up (or at least mostly done)

What do you guys think would be the best start? Just some general post and have the escape in the next second post so to say, or start right away with the mayhem of escaping?
I would build into it, so starting with a general post. Have everyone get a feel of their characters a little first before going in on it. Like maybe start a night before, so everyone's already agreed to it and everything's already planned, and everyone's full of anticipation of what's to come. Some might get captured and left behind, some may not survive. That kind of thought really tends to put a damper on things and arise fear for the well being of oneself and the others they care for. But the chance of freedom... That would excite the subjects. Just the idea could make people smile, even if it hasn't even happened yet.

Also, we need to talk about Remy and Ralyn now that I've read the skellies. You had something in mind about shining light into his darkness, care to elaborate?

It's not like they're going to see the Facility again for a couple of months, anyways. Better to start slow, let the peeps settle in nice and cozy with establishing there they want to be the minutes before their lives change in front of them (or so they think). Then make them drop everything in the true fashion as mentioned in the overview after a couple of posts. I dunno, it just feels more natural and less cluttered that way.

Maybe drop a foreshadowing or two, why not?
Yeah, he's got the right idea what I'm going for here.

I think that Alkalb would grow to like Remy, since he does not see as harsh as other people. I guess it's good that I put him in a group with less crazy people. Especially Evie who can control emotions
Yeah, it's good too, I think. Remy can have a very grounding effect on others, and Evie can keep Alkalb calm if he has a seizure or something that threatens others. Since Alkalb's been living in isolation, I think that Remy could have found him as he's one of the kids that walk around freely pretty much, and pitied him. Maybe sometimes sit with him and talk to him, tell him things and just overall keep him company. Something that builds trust and gets Alkalb accustomed to his presence. As a show of mutual trust, maybe Remy would have let Alkalb touch him at some point and he touch Alkalb. Like a pet on the head, studying the hand of another. On a side note, Remy likes playing with the hair of other people. I could see something like Alkalb lying on his side on the corner of his cage, next to the bars or whatever he is put in, and Remy sits on the floor, reading a book and absentmindedly petting Alkalb's head.

• Thank You
Reactions: Duwang Chew
I would build into it, so starting with a general post. Have everyone get a feel of their characters a little first before going in on it. Like maybe start a night before, so everyone's already agreed to it and everything's already planned, and everyone's full of anticipation of what's to come. Some might get captured and left behind, some may not survive. That kind of thought really tends to put a damper on things and arise fear for the well being of oneself and the others they care for.
Yes, I am right now simply starting the morning of the escape and will lead up to the lunch time. I think they could escape somewhere after lunch (since there won't be any fights/tests etc since the scientist cannot control them)
Also, we need to talk about Remy and Ralyn now that I've read the skellies. You had something in mind about shining light into his darkness, care to elaborate?
That was more figure of speak. Since Ralyn is a light manipulator and Remy has Necrokinesis, so I guessed he would dislike/be afriad darkness. Ralyn could give him some calmth and comfort. Acting like he cared about the boy or something?

I'm curious, though... It's a common idea that animals are able to perceive the supernatural to an extent, a sort of bestial sixth sense or whatnot. Is there a possibility that, seeing as Cerberus' tapped into his more animalistic tendencies, he'd be able to notice something was off with the air around Remy as well, but to have no clue as to what it is exactly?

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Wicked
@DoomyCakez
it%252520is%252520mine_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

this gives me Molly vibes

• Nice Execution!
Yes, I am right now simply starting the morning of the escape and will lead up to the lunch time. I think they could escape somewhere after lunch (since there won't be any fights/tests etc since the scientist cannot control them)
Sounds good to me!

That was more figure of speak. Since Ralyn is a light manipulator and Remy has Necrokinesis, so I guessed he would dislike/be afriad darkness. Ralyn could give him some calmth and comfort. Acting like he cared about the boy or something?
Well, yeah. He gets the dead people approaching him all the time. It doesn't really matter what hour it is, or if there's light or not, they'll be around. But it's extra creepy when they do it in the darkness. The Creeps like to sometimes play tricks with him and try to scare him off. And who wouldn't be when someone appears in front of you with a mauled appearance and makes gargling noises or something. Fuck that. When Remy is alone in the dark, he could be very jumpy. You don't exactly get used to that kind of stuff, no matter how much you live with it. Remy could think Ralyn is just really reliable, calm and courageous because he remains so unaffected by everything. Sometimes Ralyn could maybe walk him around in dark halls or something. They could do some casual night activities together -- Remy has insomnia and night terrors, so some nights he just can't sleep and has a lot of time on his hands. I noted that they both read a lot, so that could be a shared interest. Maybe they could share books together and do recommendations, have friendly (or that is what it would at least appear to Remy) debates together about some plot twists and hidden meanings of stories, talk about medical books and whatnot. I understood that Ralyn has never personally at least killed or harmed anyone, so I doubt he as any malicious spirits hanging about him that would set Remy on edge. And I don't think any of the Kinds would have anything bad to say about him, either.
I'm curious, though... It's a common idea that animals are able to perceive the supernatural to an extent, a sort of bestial sixth sense or whatnot. Is there a possibility that, seeing as Cerberus' tapped into his more animalistic tendencies, he'd be able to notice something was off with the air around Remy as well, but to have no clue as to what it is exactly?
That's interesting question. I would be all on that. I mean me and Misa wrote the friendship over Remy and Evie based on the fact that Evie can feel the emotions of others. And no one believed Remy, when he was just brought in the facility at the age of seven, when he told the scientists or other subjects that the Creeps were scaring him and hanging around him. But Evie could sometimes feel the hostile emotions of the spirits around Remy, which is why she believed him on the spot. She could tap into and feel that something is weirdly off.

Yeah, it's good too, I think. Remy can have a very grounding effect on others, and Evie can keep Alkalb calm if he has a seizure or something that threatens others. Since Alkalb's been living in isolation, I think that Remy could have found him as he's one of the kids that walk around freely pretty much, and pitied him. Maybe sometimes sit with him and talk to him, tell him things and just overall keep him company. Something that builds trust and gets Alkalb accustomed to his presence. As a show of mutual trust, maybe Remy would have let Alkalb touch him at some point and he touch Alkalb. Like a pet on the head, studying the hand of another. On a side note, Remy likes playing with the hair of other people. I could see something like Alkalb lying on his side on the corner of his cage, next to the bars or whatever he is put in, and Remy sits on the floor, reading a book and absentmindedly petting Alkalb's head.
That's a really good idea!!. Remy can be the first person to meet him, then introduce him to others. This is a start of a good friendship.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
Well, yeah. He gets the dead people approaching him all the time. It doesn't really matter what hour it is, or if there's light or not, they'll be around. But it's extra creepy when they do it in the darkness. The Creeps like to sometimes play tricks with him and try to scare him off. And who wouldn't be when someone appears in front of you with a mauled appearance and makes gargling noises or something. Fuck that. When Remy is alone in the dark, he could be very jumpy. You don't exactly get used to that kind of stuff, no matter how much you live with it. Remy could think Ralyn is just really reliable, calm and courageous because he remains so unaffected by everything. Sometimes Ralyn could maybe walk him around in dark halls or something. They could do some casual night activities together -- Remy has insomnia and night terrors, so some nights he just can't sleep and has a lot of time on his hands. I noted that they both read a lot, so that could be a shared interest. Maybe they could share books together and do recommendations, have friendly (or that is what it would at least appear to Remy) debates together about some plot twists and hidden meanings of stories, talk about medical books and whatnot. I understood that Ralyn has never personally at least killed or harmed anyone, so I doubt he as any malicious spirits hanging about him that would set Remy on edge. And I don't think any of the Kinds would have anything bad to say about him, either.
Maybe they could have their rooms next to eachother or across of eachother so they would be able to see eachother. So whenever Remy is having a night terror, Ralyn could light up the room in order to make it at least a bit better for the other. (only for the simple fact that he would not have to be faced/disturbed by Remy).

I could totally see them exchange opinions on books, definitely on medical subjects. Besides Remy could 'learn' him how fear works. And yes indeed. Ralyn has used others so far to do the dirty jobs. (which will probably change after the escape).

Further more Evie and Ralyn are somewhat on friendly terms. Evie trying to figure him out, why her power does not work on him.

So I suppose for another individual without the actual attunement to emotions such as Evie, but with an increased awareness like Al, they'd only be able to respond as far as having the hairs on the back of their necks raised for some reason. Speaking about animals like this brings to my mind a popular belief, here where I live. Hearing the howls of lone wild dogs on moonless nights usually means something nasty is nearby. The idea still makes me shiver sometimes.

By the way, I've been wondering about another thing that's related to the whole Creeps and Kinds business. There's children, right? But what about those much... younger?

Maybe they could have their rooms next to eachother or across of eachother so they would be able to see eachother. So whenever Remy is having a night terror, Ralyn could light up the room in order to make it at least a bit better for the other. (only for the simple fact that he would not have to be faced/disturbed by Remy).

I could totally see them exchange opinions on books, definitely on medical subjects. Besides Remy could 'learn' him how fear works. And yes indeed. Ralyn has used others so far to do the dirty jobs. (which will probably change after the escape).

Further more Evie and Ralyn are somewhat on friendly terms. Evie trying to figure him out, why her power does not work on him.
I like that idea. Evie's room is across the hall from Remy's, so the girl often sneaks into his room and crawl into his bed. Evie doesn't want to be left alone and Remy feels more safe when someone's sleeping next to him, so that is already basically covered. But maybe Ralyn could do the thing on some nights Evie for some reason couldn't come over, or during nights when her presence simply wasn't enough to keep the night terrors at bay.

Also @DarkiusHeavenstein didn't it mention at the bottom of Evie's CS that she's pretty disturbed by Ralyn, in that she can only see a black hole where the pretty guy is supposed to be standing? Or something to that effect.

So I suppose for another individual without the actual attunement to emotions such as Evie, but with an increased awareness like Al, they'd only be able to respond as far as having the hairs on the back of their necks raised for some reason. Speaking about animals like this brings to my mind a popular belief, here where I live. Hearing the howls of lone wild dogs on moonless nights usually means something nasty is nearby. The idea still makes me shiver sometimes.

By the way, I've been wondering about another thing that's related to the whole Creeps and Kinds business. There's children, right? But what about those much... younger?
Eyyy, I like that. How do you feel about this @parkpyro sound good to you? I'm making it so that Remy's spirit burns brighter and attracts spirits to him like moths to light, which is why they hang around him more likely than anyone else. Sometimes they might come in mobs. It takes a bit from Remy to command them away, because he's not quite that demanding personality wise, so he's still trying to learn that.

You mean like, stillborns?

Also @DarkiusHeavenstein didn't it mention at the bottom of Evie's CS that she's pretty disturbed by Ralyn, in that she can only see a black hole where the pretty guy is supposed to be standing? Or something to that effect.
Evie's power aren't visual, so the black hole thing is a metaphor for how he makes her feel. She can't pick up any of Ralyn's emotions due to his psychopathic mind, his emotions are too subtle to pick on. So this freaks Evie out, because she can't sense him the same way she can sense everyone else. She knows there's something off him, but she doesn't know how to explain it, and there really isn't anything she can use to pin against him. It's not like Ralyn's actually done anything, she's just scared of him.

...Yeah, that.
Hmm. Well guess the more developed stillborns could be manifest themselves as they were when they died. The more undeveloped ones could appear as simply orbs of light. These children never could develop their minds outside the womb, so I guess they're just harmless and neutral. I think they could also "pass on" rather quickly as they have no earthly regrets or deeds they feel like they should have done before dying, so there is no reason for them to haunt the living.

• Thank You
Evie's power aren't visual, so the black hole thing is a metaphor for how he makes her feel. She can't pick up any of Ralyn's emotions due to his psychopathic mind, his emotions are too subtle to pick on. So this freaks Evie out, because she can't sense him the same way she can sense everyone else. She knows there's something off him, but she doesn't know how to explain it, and there really isn't anything she can use to pin against him. It's not like Ralyn's actually done anything, she's just scared of him.
Took the words right outta my mouth there chap! Or not you're way better at this explaining thing than I am eugh​

Hmm. Well guess the more developed stillborns could be manifest themselves as they were when they died. The more undeveloped ones could appear as simply orbs of light. These children never could develop their minds outside the womb, so I guess they're just harmless and neutral. I think they could also "pass on" rather quickly as they have no earthly regrets or deeds they feel like they should have done before dying, so there is no reason for them to haunt the living.

Besides haunting, won't they have any attachment at all, such as the parents? I mean, in my naivete I'd imagine a scenario where the spirit of a baby boy comes back to relieve his once hopeful parents of all the guilt and sadness come his death, and to pass on hope for them to receive his younger brother in future.

"...It's alright... Thank you, mommy... and daddy..."

Besides haunting, won't they have any attachment at all, such as the parents? I mean, in my naivete I'd imagine a scenario where the spirit of a baby boy comes back to relieve his once hopeful parents of all the guilt and sadness come his death, and to pass on hope for them to receive his younger brother in future.

"...It's alright... Thank you, mommy... and daddy..."
I guess they could work on that kind of emotion. But like I said, these children have never been outside the womb and have never had the chance to consciously develop their minds, rational or emotional wise. They could feel attachment to their mother, remembering the safety and warmth of the womb, the sound of her voice. That could attract the stillborn spirit and keep them around, I think. It's a possibility. Otherwise I don't think they'd have much reason to hang around, because they haven't had the chance to evolve attachment to anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.