A Taste Of Freedom {OOC}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm amused by the image of a scientist writing "making moves" into his logbook.
Well that is how we had to write it down in our science log back in school (we were studying fish) and when ever the male fish would zig zag he was 'making a move' on the lady fish.

ALSO besides friendship relationships there can be (past) couple relationships as well. Just a gentle reminder!

I might add a couples list to the Cast list as well. Couples don't have to be attracted to eachother.

In the rp it will be Januari 1st, 2016 on the date of escape.

Couples logbook
November 2013 - December 2013. Subject 2059191 (Ralyn Cremont) + Subject 7155178 (Evangeline Faye Reed)
Results;
Week 1; Subject 2059191 is making moves on Subject 7155178. So far it seems to be hopeful for an outcome.
Week 2; Subject 7155178 for some reason seem to deny all advances from Subject 2059191. Still hoping for a positive outcome
Week 3; Subject 2059191 seems to have given up on his advances. Subject 7155178 distancing herself more. No more hope for any lasting results. Curious to change in behavior.
Week 4; Subject 7155178 seems to be afraid and uncomfortable around subject 2059191. Subject 2059191 seems to be indifferent. Couple seems to have failed. No positive outcome. Prolonging the couple seems fruitless.
Molly and Ralyn's will be ridiculous....

• Useful
Reactions: DoomyCakez
It could have been the start of her obsession over him perhaps?
well of course X,D

It's just going to be ridiculous...I feel sorry for the person recording it lol

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: DarkiusHeavenstein
well of course X,D

It's just going to be ridiculous...I feel sorry for the person recording it lol
You wanna type out the log? XD

It could have been the start of her obsession over him perhaps?
Hopefully, this was after Evie and Ray's failed coupling so that perhaps Evie can not have a crazy jealous stalker yandere after her soul. Heh ;n_n

• Bucket of Rainbows
Hopefully, this was after Evie and Ray's failed coupling so that perhaps Evie can not have a crazy jealous stalker yandere after her soul. Heh ;n_n
= v =" yes...Hope for that lol...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Finished my sheet :D Would have it done sooner if the power didn't go out...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
  • Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
@DarkiusHeavenstein

"I don't want to die. But I know, because of this mark, that it isn't up to myself to decide that... "

Lal.Mirch.full.963081.jpg

Subject:
No. 23210

Name:
Minagase X

Nickname:
"Mina"
"Lee Sing"
"Ten"
"The Tenth Corpse"
"His Tenth"
"23210"

Sex:
Female

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

--|--

Height:
5' 5"
(166 cm)

Weight:
125 lbs
(56 kg)

Appearance:
X has little to no knowledge of her parentage, as her (apparent) memories before her life at the Facility are at best wispy images and recollections of a rainbow-colored landmark surrounded by buildings of trash and scrap. Even she herself has no idea what this means. However, many others have remarked that she possesses features that seem to belong to an Asian or half-Asian descent. This is at least fitting with the surname that has been given to her, although X is certain the name belongs to no actual parent of hers. But as it is apparent, X possesses a light skin tone and a fair complexion due to having lived virtually her entire life within the walls of the Facility. She is almost always guaranteed to be carrying a lazy expression on her face, as if on the verge of falling asleep. Without any other notable features, X possesses a full head of black hair that reaches down to her back, which flails around freely in the wind and as she moves. In her disinterest in maintaining her appearances, X's hair is rather messy and disorganized. Her gray eyes are quite large and expressive, though they have become wont to refrain from wholly emoting by the things she's been forced to watch in the two decades of her life. Her nose is well-pronounced, and her lips are thin and soft. Like the rest of the subjects, X is quite the athlete. She is however built more for speed rather than strength, and so can seem small for her age, as this illustration by another subject suggests. X is never seen without her headgear, which seems to be a combined goggles and headphones. And for the course of the escape, she seems to have decided to bring her cloak along with her. Both of these items are important for her to be able to sleep better.

"...Calling me 'Mina' is easier, isn't it? (What kind of name is 'X', even...)"

Personality:
Reserved and quiet, "Mina" is nevertheless a kind and gentle person who would be hard-pressed to kill even an animal without a valid reason. On the surface, she exudes a calm and rugged persona, owing to her slim field of interests as well as her fears of letting her emotions run unhindered. The truth is that while Mina has trained herself to keep a level head in any kind of situation, she is secretly constantly haunted by the experiences of her youth, living in the Facility. Her being unable to freely express her emotions has made it harder for her to develop meaningful relationships with others, causing her to have gone up to years without constant contact with others. Because of this, she developed an attachment to the researchers and staff of the Facility, whom are otherwise required by duty to remain around her. It is also because of this introverted nature of hers that she is often chosen to be coupled with another subject, as the staff hoped to be able to bring her out of her shell. While Mina isn't opposed to sex as a form of stress relief, it's extremely easy for her to regress back to her depressed state after the researchers have deemed the breeding campaign to be successful. To this day, she wonders if she'll ever be able to meet the child of hers in the Facility. This longing towards children is however mixed with feelings of trauma at the current moment due to a later incident. Mina is also aware that the only reason she is still alive despite the things that have occurred in her past history is because the Facility sees her potential as an extremely powerful weapon. What they don't see, however, is how she's come to recognize life as something that needed to be protected, which is why she's been deliberately missing her marks by way of rupturing her own skin and shattering her own bones. This sends a message that there's a definite power behind her ability, all the while ensuring she doesn't need to kill... yet. But with the deadline for the subjects' fast approaching herself, Mina realizes she can't keep disappointing the researchers forever. She doesn't want to betray the Facility, as she sees it. She doesn't want them to destroy the other escaping subjects, either.

But she can't die.

+ visual education
+ her accessories
+ long sleeps
+ peace and quiet
+ bittersweet foods
+ being by herself
+ the Facility
+ ambient noise
+ good luck

Dislikes:
- death of any kind
- pain and suffering
- wanton cruelty
- sound backflow
- attracting attention
- reckless behavior
- chaotic background noise
- "Minagase"

--|--

"The feeling of being able to stop something's heartbeat with a finger snap... It's not good at all."

Power:
- SOUND MANIPULATION -

Sound manipulation, more closely classified as "sonokinesis", allows Mina to project consequence factors that allow her to affect and change any and all sound movements, vibratory motions, in her immediate vicinity. This includes trapping and nullifying all sound to produce an acoustic black hole effect, which allows her to, among other things, move and act with near perfect stealth. Mina can also reshape sound waves to mimic different sounds or voices. To further aid her movement, she could develop high-frequency waves that allow her to scan an area through means of echolocation. Even more subtly, Mina is able to redirect amplified sound waves towards herself to gain highly increased hearing senses and pick up small sounds nearby. Using this method, she is able to anticipate the sequence of events that lead to a certain outcome, such as a collapsing building. Mina also becomes capable of anticipating the movements of her opponents by listening to the sound being made by their bodies as their muscles and joints move, and detecting others' lies by observing the changes in their body. By exerting sound waves in three-dimensional space, Mina can also naturally 'accelerate' herself, gaining speed quickly. Theoretically, she should be able to render others unconscious as well, but Mina dislikes using her powers on others offensively, and fears that she may accidentally harm them internally. She possesses a degree of precision with her power, but her control may still go haywire, causing such things as "sound backflow", which passes uncontrolled vibrations through her body, inflicting her with immense pain. On more than one occasion, she felt her eyeballs come close to bursting. To remedy this, she equips her signature headgear. At the least, they seem to produce a placebo effect that allows her to better cope with the stresses of her power.

Skills:
Mina has a deep understanding of human and various animal anatomies due to the studies and tests she's become involved with over the years. She not only uses this to great effect to direct her sound-based powers, but also in her martial arts, of which she is proficient in kick-boxing and Krav Maga, allowing her to restrain her enemies more easily. At the same time, she is studying physiology, which allows her to review the condition of the body somewhat. As part of her daily rigorous routine at the Facility, Mina can move as quickly and as long as she needs to, and has enough grip on her body weight differences to be called an amateur acrobat. Over the years of taking in the small details that differ from sound to sound, she has developed deductive capabilities that allow her to determine the nature of a sound or phenomenon rather quickly. Lately, this has extended to visual details as well, but this is nonetheless still quite far from making her into a competent judge of character.

Survival Skills:
Mina can keep a level head and maintain her focus in dire situations, which can be indispensable in uncertain territory. She is also a competent fighter, and utilizes her powers to boost this. More importantly, Mina can work well in a team, even if she may be unable to emotionally invest in said team in the beginning. She will ensure that everybody within her care is kept safe, and will feel heavily about leaving people behind. She is also able to follow others' orders quickly, and is all about being non-confrontational. When it comes to survival skills in the roughs, she hasn't had any prior experience, though she's certain this extends to the other subjects just as well. Even so, she is quietly adamant and persistent towards certain endeavors. Indeed, her years of life in the Facility, forced to inflict self-harm on most occasions under her choice not to harm others, has trained her to build up her resilience. Mina is thus more physically determined than she is mentally, and after many years, pain can do little to hinder her.

Darwin Award Points:
Mina may suffer from sadness and trauma at times, which could put a damper on her performance. She is also capable of feeling unsure of her actions, which could eat up precious time and cause her to make mistakes. This is especially apparent in unfamiliar environments. Despite being somewhat reliable at times, Mina is mostly an awkward wallflower, and though her intentions can be sincere, she can (and will most likely) induce misleading signals and cause miscommunications, which she won't be too eager to fix due to years of alienation from "regular society". She is also fearful of many things, the greatest among them being death. Because of this, she can be strung around rather easily, and this weakness isn't helped by the fact that she ranks so low in the ability to affirm herself as well as her inability to gauge others that well. Mina is naive as well, to a shocking extent perhaps, which will very likely end up eating her when thrust into such a dangerous world.

--|--

"If even you don't know who you are, there's a name out there for you. But mine is just a cross."

Reason to Escape:
She's not getting any younger, and she's afraid of what will happen to her after she's gone over the age threshold and is deemed worthless by the Facility. It's the only life she's known, and she's begun to enjoy it perhaps, but she doesn't want to die. Adding to that, she needs to know. Who is Minagase?

Role in the Escape:
Scout - Group 2

Other:
She's still looking for bittersweet food recipes.​

How many more do we need before we can start this motherfucker xD

Actually, I think everyone who reserved a character has their character up and finished o.o except for maybe Rogue. Almost forgot about them.

Oh and Ragamoofin.

• Useful
Reactions: Justin
^^^ Sorry about that. Work and school's got me properly fucked up. -.- I'll have it up as soon as possible! If I happen to disappear for longer than I already have [I really hope that won't be the case], @DarkiusHeavenstein feel free to give my reservation to the next person in line.

Again...SORRY!!!!!!!!!! :c

^^^ Sorry about that. Work and school's got me properly fucked up. -.- I'll have it up as soon as possible! If I happen to disappear for longer than I already have [I really hope that won't be the case], @DarkiusHeavenstein feel free to give my reservation to the next person in line.

Again...SORRY!!!!!!!!!! :c
NU DUN LEAVE ME BAE ; 3 ;) </3

NU DUN LEAVE ME BAE ; 3 ;) </3
-Pats chur head-

Trust me, love, I don't want to leave either but I'd hate to jump in late and/or hold anyone back.
But for now, I've got quite a bit of time on my hands, so I'll try to finish up my CS as quickly as I can.

• Thank You
-Pats chur head-

Trust me, love, I don't want to leave either but I'd hate to jump in late and/or hold anyone back.
But for now, I've got quite a bit of time on my hands, so I'll try to finish up my CS as quickly as I can.

; w ;) <3

If you guys haven't seen these videos watch them xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Duwang Chew
Too late for me to join? Seems to be a lot of open spots on the Cast List tab, but with 9 pages in the OOC I can't really be sure that there haven't been more spots taken then indicated by the Cast List.

If it's not too late, fabulous! I've got to go to bed now (well, like, 3 hours ago... oops!) but I will likely be able to have a character up tomorrow, and if not then on Tuesday. Though... all of the CS's I saw while skimming through the pages seemed pretty fleshed out... can't promise mine will be as pretty looking!

Might I reserve the Electrokinesis ability, as well as the scout for group 1 (assuming it's not already taken)? Please & Thank you!

Too late for me to join? Seems to be a lot of open spots on the Cast List tab, but with 9 pages in the OOC I can't really be sure that there haven't been more spots taken then indicated by the Cast List.

If it's not too late, fabulous! I've got to go to bed now (well, like, 3 hours ago... oops!) but I will likely be able to have a character up tomorrow, and if not then on Tuesday. Though... all of the CS's I saw while skimming through the pages seemed pretty fleshed out... can't promise mine will be as pretty looking!

Might I reserve the Electrokinesis ability, as well as the scout for group 1 (assuming it's not already taken)? Please & Thank you!
BREA that mean's your char will be with my Donnie lol, I was almost fearing that he would be solo xD

Reactions: Brea
Status
Not open for further replies.