A summer in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As long as my skin doesn't turn the same color as those girls who get into tanning beds." He chuckled, watching his best friend with amusement as she wiggled around. What ever guy got her would be lucky to have such a cute girl. "It would give you something new to draw, and the sight of Italian beauties in bikinis for me." James whistled. "I'm seriously going to enjoy this."

Sidney chuckled and slapped him in the shoulder. "I'm sure you will. But yeah, I can't wait. There's going to be so many amazing opportunities to get great pictures, and I can draw them later."

James wiggled his brows in response to her slap and laughed. "What guy wouldn't, I'll be in a foreign country with foreign girls." Think of all the fun he could have if he wanted. "I'd like to see the architecture and the art shows, maybe a concert too." Hopefully her aunt and uncle's place had some instruments he could play.

Knowing her best friend, she opened her eyes."Actually I think that's most of the reason why we have to get dressed up. I told them that you like music and you're really good at playing instruments, so they bought us some tickets for a few concerts and shows. Plus they have a piano and guitar at their house that you can borrow." She smiles at him.

A piano and a guitar huh, he could work with that. "Is that so?" So you really did need to get dressed up for concerts and shows over there, he used to think that was just someone trying to be smart and made that fact up. "They didn't have to buy us the tickets, I could have bought them." He sighed a little. But shrugged, there was no helping it now. "Anyway, try not to leave a trail of broken hearts when we leave." He poked her nose with a playful grin, "That's my job."

She chuckled and swatted his hand away playfully. "Maybe we both can leave a trail of broken hearts,"she teased. She looked over at him and smiled, staring into his amazing eyes. She pulled her legs off of him and sat up beside him, pulling her knees up to her chest and resting her cheek on her knee.

"Aw, my little Sidney is growing up." He teased, watching her with a soft look. She might have said that but James knew better. When she sat up, he leaned his side against her and contuined to look into her eyes before sighing with a chuckle and smile. "We both know you won't, you're a good girl Sidney; the best there is." A smirk tugged at his lips. "Adorable and shy around people you don't know, while you may not leave a trail of broken hearts, you'll have the guys eating out of your palm."

She smiled and blushed a bit."I am not a good girl,"she argued. She new it was a lie, but she loved to argue with him, just because she knew he would always let her win. She leaned over against him and close her eyes again, she tired. With very few hours of sleep last night because of nightmares, she just wanted to take a long nap and not wake up for hours.

"Okay, then you're a very bad girl." He grinned, easily giving in to allow her to win. Most guys would argue but he though he was a 'bad boy", that attitude of his died down a little around her. "I'd very much like to see this bad side of yours." Teasing, he noticed her eyes were closed and frowned slightly. Sidney might have thought he didn't know but James did in fact know she was suffering from lack of sleep; but didn't quite know the cause. "Get some rest, I'll wake you up when it's time to take you home." He whispered softly to her.

She shook her head softly,"N-no. I'm okay,"she says yawning again. He didn't want to fall asleep when she was with him, she felt bad about it and wanted to keep talking to him. She needed to keep talking to him, it helped her a lot. She moved her head around a bit until she laid it on his shoulder and kept her eyes closed.

"I'd say you're lying." While she knew most of him, the same could be said about him knowing her. "Judging from the yawn and the fact I've known you since we were in pull-ups." He remarked, taking another glance at her as she moved her head to his shoulder. "If you're tired then sleep, I don't mind. If you won't, I'll pull you into my lap and rock you back and forth; worked when we were in elementary." He then playfully threatened.

She chuckled and started to doze off, leaning more against him, finding that he was more comfortable that she had thought. She mumbled a bit and tightened her grip on his arm, starting to have another bad dream that had kept her up for the few nights before. She squirmed around a bit and started mumbling a bit more.

Noticing that she had finally dozed off, he sighed in relief and looked up at the ceiling before closing his own eyes. He sat there in silence for a few moments before he opened his eyes to the sight of Sidney tightening around his arm and mumbling. Gently he had her grip moved off her arm and then delicately moved the girl so she was placed in his lap with her head resting against his chest, Damon's arms wrapped around her. Then the young man began to hum softly as he rocked back and forth slowly in an attempt to calm the sleeping girl.

Sidney slowly started to calm down against James touch, but kept a good grip on his shirt. She stayed asleep instead of waking up like she normally would, and stopped mumbling. She calmed down and went into a slow, peaceful sleep against James. After a few minutes, she yawned and slowly started to wake up.

Thankfully it worked because then he would have had to try Plan B; singing. It wasn't that he was bad at it, he was actually quite good but in his mind it was odd for a guy like him to sing. As she slept, he contuined to hum and rock the girl while now resting his chin on the top of her head with his eyes closed. Not noticing that she was starting to wake up.

Sidney moved her head more towards his chest a bit and yawned before looking forward and realizing that she was on his lap. She turned her head up a bit and looked to see if James was asleep or awake still, and when she saw that his eyes were closed, she tried to crawl out of his all and sit next to him. She thought that he was so adorable when he was sleeping, but didn't say anything, she just smiled.

Feeling Sidney move his rocking slowly died as did the humming as he began to wake up from his trance like state. It was something he was thankful for because he could do one thing while his mind was in another place. When she tried to climb out, a smirk formed in the right corner of his mouth as his hold on her tightened. "I don't think so." He murmured. Then slowly pulled her back, "I'm feeling tired and a bit cuddly." His tone was a little husky as he cracked open an eye and looked at her.

She jumps at his sudden voice. She gives him a look and smiled at his tired voice. "But I don't want to sit on you,"she says, feeling insecure."I might crush you." She attempts to pull away from him again and yawns again. She finally gives up and asks what time it is, trying to reach for her pocket to find her phone.

Her jump got an amused chuckle from the young man and he smiled back. "And why's that?" Then he snorted at her thought, "You, crush me? You couldn't even if you wanted to, you're pretty light and easy for me to pick up." He retorted, keeping his grip the same to deny her freedom. But James did loosen up so she could at least get her phone as he closed his eye. "Going to text your secret lover?" He teased.

"Yup,"she joked. She looked at the time and saw that it was almost eight,"How long was I sleeping? It's almost eight, I gotta get home,"she says sitting up quickly. "I still have to finish packing." She scoots over to sit beside him and pulls her shoes on and gets up to find her jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.