A summer in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
James glanced at the window as his thoughts raced a mile an hour and tried to derail several times. He really hated problems he couldn't solve by using his hands or his charm, especially if it involved Cheyenne in someway.

When she walked in with just the shirt on, he raised a brow questionably; was she trying to seduce him now. "I see." Taking the shorts in one hand he used the other to grab his phone and hand it to her. Then he went back to his suit case and pulled out a new pair of clothes for him.

After pulling off his wet clothes, throwing them into the bathtub and drying his body off he got dressed. Walking back into the bedroom he took his phone back from Cheyenne and placed it on the stand before taking a seat on the other side of the bed. Falling asleep was an appealing idea right now but he simply combed a hand through his hair.

"Hm?" Turning, he met her gaze with a raised brow and slightly curious look. Then hearing her ask that he sighed but nodded his head and moved so he was fully seated on the bed with his feet resting on it as well. "I guess we should." Then said nothing else, if she wanted to talk then Cheyenne would have to go first.

"You're a pain,"Cheyenne says simply. "But your my pain. And I thought I was going to lose you today,"she says looking down at her knees. She takes a deep breath."And I was so scared. I should've told you about the bruises and it's stupid that we got into such a big fight about them."

"I don't think that's what the problem is. I think it's something else and I can't do this anymore. For the past few days it's been getting different and different between us,"Cheyenne says looking back up at him."Did I do something or what? I can stand this feeling between us that is keeping us apart. I hate it."

Cheyenne waited a few seconds to hear what he had to say, and after a few minutes she sighed and crawled over to him. She sat on her knees right in front of him."I..."she wanted so badly to so it but it was so hard. She tried to force the words out of her mouth but she couldn't.

She leaned forward and rested her head against him."I love you, James. And today... today was horrible. It was only one of the days were going to have to go through. Admit it, we're opposites completely. But we can't live without each other. That what makes us, us."

James' lips twitched, yeah, that was definitely a good way to start a talk after just having a fight. But he said nothing and remained silent as she contuined to talk and shift around. There really wasn't much he thought there was for him to say, in moments like these the young man typically pulled blanks.

Hearing that she noticed how everything was getting different between them caused him to sigh, it was about time Cheyenne took some notice. He had been throwing hints for over a year now about his feelings and thoughts. "It's not you, as usual, I'm the problem and the one doing stuff." James didn't bother to even look at her and opted to stare it his feet.

At least, that was until she crawled over and then in front of him. Finally looking up to meet her gaze a brow raised questionably as Cheyenne tried to find the words to talk. But silence filled the room as if trying to drown the atmosphere and make it worse for them both.

Even when she leaned forward, his eyes moved away from hers for a few moments before then returning. Moving, both of his arms wrapped around Cheyenne's waist. "We are." He agreed but a small smile formed as he nodded then shifted; pressing his lips against her forehead. "And it is."

Cheyenne smiled as his arms wrapped around her waist. She looked back up at him with those same soft eyes that she had looked at him with for their entire lives, but this time, there was something different in it... something.. good.

Cheyenne shifted again and wrapped her legs around James waist as she closed her eyes and leaned her face into his soft shoulder. She yawned slightly but ignored it, more worried about making sure they were okay."So.. we're okay now? I'm not going to lose you?"she asks happily.

The small girl swallows a sigh and she hugs him tighter, pulling him down beside her as she flipped off the lights. She still had her arms around his neck, and she wasn't planning to let go anytime soon. Cheyenne slowly crawled over to James and crawled on top of him and closed her eyes, falling asleep on top of his chest.

As she slept, holding him tightly, her body began to shake as she shook her head and clenched her fists together against James chest."J-j-James,"she mumbled in her sleep as her breathing got heavier and she tightened her grip on his shirt.

You really are beautiful, yet, you don't know why I feel the way I do? James wanted to ask her that but he couldn't bring himself to. He didn't want to waste this moment they were having nor see the look in her eyes fade.

Now, Cheyenne was lucky he wasn't just some regular guy; they'd get the wrong impression from this. But her doing something like this was usual, hell, there were times he'd stand up when they were little and she'd latch onto him like that. It was pretty amusing. "Yes, and no, you're not going to lose me."

"Oi-" Feeling himself pulled down to a now lying position, James looked at Cheyenne curiously even though the room was barely lit and he could only make out her shadow. Once she was asleep he sighed, "I swear, you really know how to put a guy through the ringer." But he kissed the top of the sleeping girl's head. "But I love you anyway."

"Shh....I'm here." Whispering, one hand gently squeezed her waist while the other moved to her head and began to gently comb through her hair. "You don't need to worry, I'll always be here for you." James mumbled then kissed her head again.

Cheyenne felt James touch and gentle squeeze reassuring towards her as her nightmare tried to overtake her dreams. She kept her grip tightened against James chest and her legs tangled with his as her face turned and hid in his chest. Eventually her nightmare was chased away.

The next morning Cheyenne did not want to wake up at all. No, she wanted to stay in bed and not get up. Which was nothing like her. She was always the morning riser and the one to always wake up Wait for James to wake up, but even after James woke up she wasn't feeling herself.

As Cheyenne rolled over and hid her head under the blankets she groaned. She felt horrible, no just because she still felt a little guilty about hers and James fight, but because she felt like she was going to her sick.

She held her stomach carefully and tightened the blankets around her as she shivered. Then a few minutes later she pushed the covers off of her as she began to sweat; a common sign she was getting sick.

As she pulled the covers back over her body she coughed and turned, putting her body back against James and trying to ignore the fact that she knew she was getting sick.

James just contuined his gentle squeezing and touches until Cheyenne finally calmed and went back to a peaceful sleep. When they got back he was going to deal with her father, hopefully that would get rid of her nightmares. She just couldn't be around to see him do it though.

Finally, James woke up with a yawn and looked over to see she was now off his chest and allowed him to stretch. She's sick. Sighing the young man pulled the covers off him and got up from the bed and over to his suitcase. Knowing how she was, he had packed a few things incase something like this happened.

Once the medicine was found he held the box in his hand before going back over to the bed and covering himself up. The few times Cheyenne was sick she had been quite a handful, becoming slightly delusional or silly.

She was also pretty indecisive, judging from how she threw the blankets off her and then pulled them back on a few minutes later. Hopefully though he could bite this sickness in the butt before it affected her too much.

"Trying to get me sick aswell?" He teased softly while lowering a hand to brush away some hair from her face. Then James shook the box of cold medicine, "I packed some medicine, take some then take a warm shower."

Cheyenne blushed slightly as James moved strands of hair out of her face. She groaned slightly and blinked, then raised her hot and heavy eyelids to look at James. "I'm not sick. You know I don't get sick,"she says turning her face slightly.

She eventually agreed to take the medicine but her body was aching too much to move. She shook her head as he told her to go take a warm shower. "I cant,"she says groaning."It hurts. A lot,"she says groaning slightly and pushing the covers off of her.

She felt like coughing up a lung, and then puking up everything she had eaten in the past week. Food sounded horrible and made her want to get sick even more, but she simply stood up slowly and walked into the bathroom.

Leaving the door unlocked, just incase, she stripped out of her clothes slowly, stumbling into the wall slightly, and turned the warm water on. After awhile she got back out of the shower still shaking slightly, and wrapped a towel around her body.

She stepped out into the small room with an open wall that had a mirror and sink and she leaned against the counter. The one thing Cheyenne hated about being sick was that even though she was only sick one or twice a year, when she was sick, it was bad sick.

Cheyenne brushed her teeth in the sink before stumbling back and leaning against the wall. She scooted down and sat with her legs to her chest as she took small breaths."James. I need help,"she called as loudly as she could, which happened to be only above a whisper.

"Sure you don't, that's like saying that whales don't live in the ocean." James remarked with a tease while looking down at her tired face. He could catch Cheyenne's blush but figured it was because of the sickness.

Geez, had this been building up in her body from sometime and decided to show now once she was weak enough? "Then stay in bed." He replied but of course it looked like she was going to get up anyway. This girl....

Watching her get up and move to the bathroom, James pulled the covers off himself and placed the medicine on the nightstand before getting up. With how slow she was moving there was the possibility that she might need his help.

Once the bathroom door was closed he walked over to the wall right next to it and leaned his back against it. This would allow him to quickly get in if she needed help or fell and needed first aid. She really was a pain at times, he smiled.

Hearing Cheyenne call his name and that she needed help, he opened the door and walked in to be greeted by the sight of her sitting on the floor with a towel wrapped around her...This was going to be kind of tricky for him. "I see..." He replied while looking at her.

Walking over to her side, James' eyes scanned her body while trying to figure out where was proper to grab her without needlessly touching anything or causing her any pain. Bending down slightly, he looped one arm under her knees and the other behind her back before standing up with her in his arms. This was every man's fantasy but he was too focused on Cheyenne being sick as he walked back into the bedroom to place her on the bed.

As James arms scooped her up weightlessly, Cheyenne groaned a little and held on weakly to James neck. As he placed her down on the bed gently she groaned again and held her stomach in her hands. She had her eyes closed, but she slowly began to open them and meet eye contact with James.

"Maybe I am a little sick,"Cheyenne says groaning a little and reaching back out for his hand. At the moment sbe didnt care that she was only wearing a loose towel around her body, all she cared about was making sure that James didnt leave her.

As she pulled on his hand softly so that he was dosn beside her, she pulled him even closer. "Thanks for taking care of me,"she says slowly. She lenned around and kissed his cheek gently, resting her soft lips against his warm cheek. Slowly she moved back around and pressed her lips back against his.

Although she had only ever felt his lips on hers a fair few times, she recognized them instantly. She recognized the softness of them, the warmth that she felt. She recognized his familiar touch and for that moment she didn't want to ever stop kissing him.

Cheyenne kissed him more, this time not pulled away and not letting him pull away. She felt right. They felt right. She knew that she loved him and although she was still confused about their relationship, she knew she wanted to be with him. She was just confused as to how their close friendship would change into more.

She was scared that she was going to lose him as not only her best friend, but maybe one day as a lover too. She didn't want him to get mad at her and them get in fights like they always had before. This time around if they got in fights, they might not just ignore it and move on with their friendship. She was scared to lose him.

-Yeah, just judging from Cheyenne's reaction to being placed down and grabbing her stomach this was certainly going to be bad. He would need to take her back to her aunt and uncle's place today, it would be a lot better than having her stay in some random hotel room with no food anywhere, along with little medicine,

"Huh, you could have fooled me. You look perfectly normal." James rolled his eyes when she finally admitted to it and sighed. Giving her hand a curious look when it grabbed his; she was playing a dangerous game with how ill dressed she was.

"This isn't the first time I've had to take care of you when you're sick." He said, "You don't need to thank me." Honestly, it was what friends did and he didn't need any thanks. But raised a brown when he felt her lips against his cheek, then blinked when they moved to his, had the sickness gotten to her head?

James wasn't really complaining as this was nice and he was enjoying it. He was just curious if Cheyenne realized what she was doing, was she doing this willingly or was she delirious? Though one of his hands moved up to cup her cheek while he started to kiss her back.

While she was sick, it was in the early stages so there was a low possibility of James getting it too and it was a risk he was willing to take. It was pretty rare for Cheyenne to kiss him, let alone not freak out when he kissed her cheek back home. But he curious to see how this would change their friendship or would it just stay the same with moments like this?

Finally breaking it, James rested his forehead against hers, "Well, someone is being awfully forward today." Teasing he gave her another peck on the lips with a pleased smile. "Not that I'm complaining or anything, though it's kind of hard to keep myself in check with you only wearing a towel." His eyes moved down and then quickly when back to Cheyenne's face. "Which is currently beginning to fall off to body, might I add."

Cheyenne opened her eyes back slightly as James pulled away but felt relieved as he rested his forehead against hers. She rolled her eyes as he pecked her lips once more and looked down slightly. She also noticed the towel beginning to slip off of her body and sh blushed brightly, pulling it up to cover her better.

She turned slightly and put her legs over the side of the bed, them dangling beside James body. She took a deep breath to steady her breathing and started to stand up. She kept the towel wrapped around her tightly so it didn't fall before she slowly walked over to James bag.

She pulled a different shirt out of his bag and and a pair of his boxers. At this point in their relationship/friendship, Cheyenne had stollen plenty of his clothes, so another pair wouldn't hurt in her mind. She leaned against the dresser for support slightly and took another breath before pushing off of it again.

The main thing that Cheyenne hated when she got sick was that she was helpless. She could barely do anything by herself and she always had to depend on others. Anytime she would attempt to do something alone, she would always end up hurting and straining herself more.

As she walked towarda the bathroom she shut the door and slowly changed, tossing the towel into a bin. She opened the door back up and saw James waiting outside the door for her again. Cheyenne sighed almost relieved and reach out, ending up stumbling slightly and leaning all of her small body weight on him.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, relaxing a bit and taking in his familiar scent."Sorry,"she mumbled before she walked towards the bed and climbing on one side."I should call my aunt,"she says slowly.

"What can I say? You're very enticing." James grinned when he noticed her blush and then pouted slightly when she covered herself up. "Damn, I was really curious too." Sighing, he leaned back in the bed while watching her with a slightly amused expression. She really knew how to get him without even trying.

Making sure to keep a keen eye on Cheyenne when she got up from the bed, he twisted so his own feet were on the floor and his muscles tensed slightly while watching her. The young man was prepared to run off the bed and catch her if she started to stagger or fall.

"Whelp, there goes another pair of my clothes missing." He chuckled, running a hand through his hair while standing up from the bed. It was an obvious tease since she tended to do this and he liked seeing her in his clothes anyway. Plus since they were usually big on her, he could lift the shirt up slightly to embarrass her.

As she went to the bathroom, James followed behind her then took his usual spot next to the bathroom door with a yawn. Helping Cheyenne was his number one priority right now since she was sick and he always hated to see her like this. It typically made him feel miserable.

When she came out towards him both his arms wrapped around her waist and held the girl close to his chest for a few moments. "Stop apologizing." He murmured, placing a kiss to the top of her head while reprimanding the girl softly. Plus with her like this it allowed him to hold her more often after all.

Following her to the bed he then pulled out his phone and went through a few numbers before pressing a button and placing it down near her face. "Here, it's ringing her phone now."

Cheyenne pulled the phone to her ear and waited or her aunt to answer. She sighed as she heard her worried voice. "Hey its Cheyenne. I'm with James, and I'm fine. We're at a hotel so we will either be back tonight or tomorrow,"she informs her aunt. After talking for a few more seconds she hangs up and slides the phone back to James before turning over onto her side.

Cheyenne yawned slightly and pulled James down beside her on the bed. She closed her eyes, unable to keep her heavy eyelids open, and rested her body right beside James. She pulled her chin up slightly so that her head was lying on his chest and her arm was wrapped around him.

She moved her hand so that she had a hold of his hand and started to mess with his fingers. She opened her eyes back up and intertwined their fingers before looking back up at James with a small smile. She blushed and turned, hiding her face in his shoulder as she dropped his hand.

Cheyenne was always the one to get embarrassed easily, especially if she saw someone already looking at her when she glanced at them, which happened a lot with James. Her and James kissing not even ten minutes before this also had a big impact on why Cheyenne couldn't stop her cheeks from turning red.

She was so confused as to what to do or say anymore. She knew that she liked James, a lot, she even knew that she loved James a lot. She just wasn't sure how their relationship would change from being best friends. She didn't want to ruin the thing they had going; the friendship. He was the best thing that had ever happened to her; she didn't want to lose him at all.

As she moved her head again, Cheyenne reach for the blanket and covered them up."Do you want to go back to my aunts tonight or tomorrow morning?"she asks curiously, not bothering to look up at him. Her eyes were beginning to become red and puffy where it looked like she had been crying, and her nose and throat were beginning to hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.