A summer in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once situated, James picked up his clock and set it's alarm for eight-thirty. That should be more than enough time for him to do what he needed to after waking up. It would be his first time on a plane but it really didn't bother him, he had no reason to be scared or nervous. There was something much worse that could affect and tear him to pieces if it happened. Placing the clock down, he yawned and pulled his old shorts over to plug in his phone. It would suck to have this die incase he needed it. "College huh? Bah, that's just not my lifestyle, too much work and not enough free time." He mused, pulling the covers over his body and closed his eyes. "It's just not cut out..for...me." Yawning, he drifted off to sleep.

Sidney set her alarm also, hers for 8:30. All she needed to do was take a shower and get dressed. She laid back in her bed and stared up at the ceiling she had never gotten a chance to paint. Her aunt told her that her uncle has a few extra rooms in the house that they don't use, and that she was more than welcome to paint. She could wait until then. She'd have three or four rooms that she could paint, and she'd have James there with her and he could play music for her. She smiled at the thought but didn't get her hopes up. She soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep, until her nightmares took over her again. This time, James wasn't there to stop them though.

That night James couldn't get much sleep. About half way through he had woken up to a night tremor, roaring as he flung himself to a sitting position and his eyes flung open. "NO!" Searching frantically around the room, he clung to his chest and felt how fast his heart was hammering in response. "Shit, that was some horrible crap." He panted, pulling himself out of bed and over to his dresser. Grabbing some new clothes James walked into his bathroom and took a cold shower in order to wake himself up the rest of the way before going downstairs to his den. Flipping on the light, he walked over to the piano and just started to play anything that came to his mind while he waited for the time to pass and his alarm to go off.

Sidney woke with a scream filling up her room. She jumped up and looked around her room to find her phone. Breathing heavily, she quickly dialed in James's number and pressed dial. She had to make sure he was okay, because in her nightmare, he wasn't and neither was she. On the fourth ring Sidney got a glance at her clock that said 4:28. She quickly dropped her phone and grabbed it, hanging up. He wasn't awake, and besides, she was sure it was just a nightmare. He was probably fine... She hoped anyway. She walked to the bathroom next to her room and room a quick shower before changing into a pair of shorts and a tanktop, sitting over at her desk and writing in her journal.

James contuined to play the piano, any noises blocked from him as he played. That was until he heard the ending ringtone that he had set for Sidney. Immediately he stopped on the note he was on and was racing to get out of the room. Sliding a bit as he turned, his right side slammed into the corner of his table and a lance of pain shot up his body but the young man ignored it as he ran up the stairs. She never called him this late so that had to mean something was up. Throwing the door open, James launched himself onto the bed and tore his phone off the charger before dialing Sidney's number and hit dial. "I really hope you're okay." He muttered as it rang and waited to see if his call would be answered.

Reactions: Alison
Sidney picked up her phone and saw she was getting a call from James. She looks at the clock for a minute before yawning and answering. "Hey?"she asks questionably. She sat back in her desk chair and continued to write in her journal and doodle on pieces of paper while talking on the phone. She looked out the window and watched as the sun rose slowly and beautifully. She quickly snapped a picture of it on her camera.

Waiting for Sidney to pick up, James drummed his fingers against his nightstand. Maybe she had fallen asleep again after calling him? Then she finally picked up. "Hey, are you alright? I heard you call me but I was downstairs." He said, sitting up and resting himself against his bed's headboard. "Plus you usually don't call me this early in the morning." Looking at the wall, he contuined his little beat and increased its tempo slightly.

She nodded and kept looking out the window."Yeah I'm fine. J-j-just another bad dream. I didn't realize it was that early when I called you so I hung up." She spins around a couple times listening to him talk."Why are you up this early? Are you okay?"she asks worried. She sits up straighter in her chair, waiting for a response. She couldn't bare the thought of him being hurt, so when he didn't have the cute, tired voice he normally has when he just woke up, she knew he had been awake for a bit.

So...it was another one of her nightmares? James pulled the phone away from his face so he could sigh and also yawn before bringing it back up. "You should have brought your stuff from your house over and you could have just spent the night here." He told her, running his three hand through his hair. "Hm? Me?" Crap, he hadn't thought that far along yet. "I'm okay, I just really didn't feel like sleeping." He lied, allowing his hand to drop back down. Then he closed his eyes. "Want to come over?"

"You should really sleep,"Sidney says yawning. She sighs, knowing that James was lying. It was more like he couldn't sleep. She stood up and walked over to her bed and laid on it when he asked her the question that kind of shocked her."What? I'm don't know.. It's really early and we have a big day tomorrow,"she says playing with the hem of her tank top."Or, actually today." She chuckled to herself and closes her eyes, relaxing in her pillows.

Last edited by a moderator:
"I can sleep on the plane once we're on it." James retorted, noticing her yawn. She was the one who really needed sleep, not him. Nights like these he had grown used to and taught himself to run on only a few hours of sleep. "Alright then." He replied, closing his eyes for a few moments before opening them. "But shouldn't you get some sleep, I know being on an airplane, regardless that I'll be with you, will still take quite a bit out of you."

"I'll be okay. I'll probably sleep on the plane also,"she lies. There was no way that she would sleep on the plane, she was scared to death of heights and she would barely be able to blink when she got on it. "I'll be okay,"she says."I've stayed up longer than this." She sits up and listens to him talk to her, smiling slightly at his voice.

"I've known you long enough to tell that is a complete lie. You've been scared of heights for a long time and I know you'll barely be able to do anything." He sighed, sitting up slightly and glanced at his thumb. When she tried to reassure him, James said nothing at first and silently nodded his head. "Alright. But if you do get tired I'll pull you into my lap, even if we're on the plane and in front of a lot of people."

"But we're suppose to stay in our seats. What if the plane crashes?"Sydney asks nervously. She notices her foot starting to tap and instantly stops it."I'm sure I'll be okay, I'll just take a book and read it or something. You should really get some sleep though,"she says worried.

"You do know it's more likely for a car to crash than a plane right?" James teased, moving off his bed and over to the window. Taking a light sigh, he was quiet for a few minutes while running his free hand through his blonde hair. "Nah, I really can't sleep, I'll probably just watch something on my phone or go for a drive."

"Great, so maybe we'll just crash on the way to the airport,"she says sarcastically, a hint of nervousness still in her voice. "Just be careful, okay? And at least promise me you'll try to get some sleep before tomorrow. You can come over and we can sleep or talk for a bit but I want you to sleep a little,"she says looking up at the ceiling.

"So you don't have faith in my driving huh?" He questioned, a ghost of a smirk appearing on his lips as he put the phone on speaker and placed it on his desk. Getting dress into a new pair of clothes, he threw on his leather jacket and picked his phone back up and deactivated speaker. "I'll be fine." But he sighed while biting his lip. "Alright, alright. If I get sleepy or bored I'll drive over to your place."

"Thanks,"she says yawning and sighing slightly."I'll see you later then?"she asks laying back in her soft bed. Sydney closed her eyes and thought for a moment about how today was going to change her live more than she could ever imagine. "Alright well be safe. Love you, see you later,"she says chuckling and hanging up.

"No problem." He replied, making his way out of his bedroom and down the stairs. Grabbing his keys, James twirled the keychain around his index finger. "Probably." Then hearing her last half, he chuckled softly then hung up after she did. "Love you too." Opening his front door, he locked it behind him then got into his car and drove off. "Maybe I'll stop at the burger joint and get something to eat."

Sydney soon fell asleep, forgetting that she had left her front door open in case James decided to come over. She cuddled into her pillows but slowly felt herself being woke back up by another coming nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.