A summer in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walking through the doorway, he stood slightly off from it and listened to her. Him change? That was impossible, he had been this way since they were kids. "Who knows." Was his only reply as she went to get the door and he simply looked out the window. What James wanted to know is five years from now would Sidney still be in his life or would she be taken away by some other guy?

Sidney paid of the pizza and told the delivery guy to keep the change, before closing the door. She looked over at James and smiled."What're you thinking about?"she asks, walking into the kitchen and sitting the pizza down. She looked over at his face, and since she knew just about every side of him, she knew that something was wrong, because he had the look that he was thinking about something really important.

Alone with his thoughts, James blankly stared at the window while his mind was alive; thinking and calculating what could happen. That was until Sidney's voice snapped him out of his daze and he looked at her curiously. "Hm? Oh, I'm just thinking about how you have a problem with heights and I'm trying to think up a solution." He lied. He wasn't going to voice the real reason because first he needed to address the feelings he had for her and figure them out before then. Italy was a good opportunity for that and to see if Sidney felt the same as him.

"Oh. I'll be fine. I think that after we go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and I see all the beauty, I'll be okay. Plus I'll have you so if I do get really freaked out I can just hide behind you,"she joked. She knew that he was lying, but didn't feel the need to call him out. If he wanted to tell her, then he would whenever he felt like it was necessary. Although she really wanted to know what he was thinking, and she knew it was probably nothing, she couldn't let it go, and tried to think of what it could've been. Was it Alyssa?

"Eiffel Tower, are you taking me to France too?" He asked, arching a brow with a mischievous smile. "Or are you trying to see if I was paying attention or not?" Then the young man laughed and walked over to Sidney. Patting the top of her head. "Oh yeah, I'll protect you from the mean ol' Mr. Height." He then teased her and kissed the top of her head. "No one can mess with the princess except for me." Pulling away he walked over to one of his cabinets and pulled out two plates. "Do you want salt on the pizza?"

"Maybe I am. It's really pretty there too,"she says laughing."I think that Venice is prettier though. I love how they travel from boat. I bet their air is a whole lot less polluted that ours,"she says. She shakes her head and rolls her eyes as him as he gives her a kiss on the head. "I don't care. So are you already packed?"

"Thought so, you like to do that. I've heard it is." He replied, placing the plates next to the pizza. "Probably, they either travel by boat or they simply just walk. It'll be nice to get away from car when we can." Getting out two more cans of Pepsi, he placed them on the counter too. "Okay, no salt it is then. Yeah I finished packing yesterday."

"I know what you mean. Just the thought of it makes me smile. I can't wait!"she nods and takes a drink of Pepsi."I still have to finish packing. I'll probably do that tonight unless I get back late. I want to make sure that I have everything, oh and my aunt said to ring some nice clothes too. She said there's some really nice shows and places that we should go, but it's fancier places." She takes a sip of soda and sits it back down.

Flipping open the pizza box he grabbed three pieces and placed them on his plate. "Same here." Then he cracked open his Pepsi can. "Wow, I've actually backed before you, that's a first." But the thing about bringing nice clothes made him grimace. That meant dress shirts, jackets, pants, and shoes. "Oh great now I'm going to have to go out and buy some new clothes." James sighed and took a bite of one of the slices.

"What? No just wear that suit that you wore to the prom. And you're about the same size as my uncle. You can wear some of his clothes if you need to,"she says. She takes a piece of pizza and puts it on her plate, taking a small bite. "And the only reason you're packed before me is because I made sure I had everything. Wait until we get there and you forget something,"she laughs.

"I detest wearing suits." He groaned, taking another bite after swallowing his mouthful. Wearing one and a tie always made him feel constricted. "Fine." Might as well so he wouldn't make her look bad while they were Italy. "If I get swarmed you're going to owe me."

"Okay,"she says chuckling. "Whatever you say." She takes another bite if her pizza."I don't think you have to wear a full on suit, just a nice shirt and pants. I don't really know, but my aunt will help us pick out our clothes for things like that." She looks over at him and smiles then looks back at her plate, thinking about what it would be like in Italy with him then entire summer.

"Thank god." At least he'd have some free movement with the clothes he'd be wearing. Hopefully it was just that, the only way James would wear a full on suit was if it was a special occasion or if it was for Sidney's sake. "Works for me, that eliminates the hassle of me doing it." Taking another sip, he looked at her curiously and playfully nudged her with his hip. "Something on your mind?"

"Huh? Oh, not really. Well... Nah,"she laughed and finished her pizza. She took another drink of her soda and leaned against the counter, glancing over at him. She yawned and ran a hand through her

Arching a brow he said nothing at first and instead finished up his pizza and drink. After throwing the can away, he looked out the kitchen window before glancing in her direction. "It doesn't seem like nothing." He teased, "I could always tickle you to get you to talk." He then teased with a cheerful grin.

"I would never talk,"she says, narrowing her eyes at him. "Even if you did tickle me. And don't forget: I know your weakness,"she teased, walking back in the living room and sitting down again. She looks out the window and then at the couch, waiting for him to come sit by her.

His eyes were full amusement, meeting hers. Weakness...his weakness huh? Chuckling, he walked into the living room while stretching his arms with a soft yawn. "And what exactly would this weakness of mine be?" He teased, sitting down beside of her and getting comfortable.

"Well if I told you then it would become less of a weakness,"she says smiling at him. She throws her legs into his lap and smirks."But don't worry, I'll only use it against you when you tickle me,"she chuckles and looks up at the ceiling, closing her eyes and finally relaxing. She felt at home when she was with him. It seemed like it didn't matter where they ere, as long as she was with him, she knew she was safe and where she belonged.

James chuckled, "I suppose it wouldn't then." Draping his arms over the back of the couch, he yawned and looked over at her. "I'll keep that in mind and find something new to do to you then." He added while resting his head against the cushion with a sigh of contentment. It was always nice when Sidney was here, she always brightened up the place and his day when they were together. "I heard they have some amazing beaches in Italy."

"I hope so,"she says, wiggling around a bit until she got comfortable."The beach is one of the first places that I want to go. We can get that good beginning-of-the-summer-tan." She yawned again and leaned her head against the back of the couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.