A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas didn't even realized when did he stop talking "hypothetical" and started seriously discussing about his nature. Anyways, it wasn't anything he would worry about, because she was a supernatural being herself. He raised his two eyebrows in surprised at hearing her words challenging him. He ignored her following question and started slowing their dance until they came to a full stop. He felt as his fangs were getting bigger at every second; they were probably already twice its original size. Thomas let a dangerous smile to cross his face, not caring in showing the fangs that were revealing his nature. His gaze also changed, he had the eyes of a lion following a pray instead of the charming human he had been so far. Her words had been enough incentive for him to make his body ready to feed.

Afterwards, he let her left hand release hers, just to slowly move it to her neck and remove the hair that was covering it. His right hand traveled to the other side of her neck. He used it to hold her steady, applying a strong but still gentle force on it, that wouldn't hurt her not even if she was a weak human. He looked once again into her eyes, holding his fierce gaze, and approached to her neck, using his left arm to cover her in a way that would be hard to escape. His lips were the first thing that made contact with her skin. The blood bumping through her internal jugular vein made it difficult to the vampire not to tear her throat apart. Anyway, he controlled himself, and only bit her in a soft and playful way. His fangs did touch her skin, but they didn't perforate it. Thomas fought every instinct on his body to pushed himself away from her. He smirked and took a few seconds to recover. It had been a dangerous move, because he may had lose control and expose himself feeding from someone in the middle of a crowd, but it certainly entertained him.

"You can now say that you've been bitten by a vampire." teased her and went back to the conversation. "Luckily, it isn't as simple as that to turn into a vampire. It is a little bit more complex." answered, without giving her much details about it. He wouldn't care to tell her if she asked once again, though. He thought for a moment about everyone he had bitten and left alive and how chaotic would the world be if they were all vampires. "Werewolves don't sound very friendly creatures. And I think I didn't explain myself really good, but a big part of bloodsuckers are also not friendly. They are little civilized and not caring creatures that will look at you killing everyone in here with popcorn. Anyway, there are also the ones that wouldn't let that happen, as I bet that there are also some friendly wolves." told her with a warm smile, actually referring to her. It was true that he didn't really know her, but he could already bet that she wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose.

"Anyway, would you like to keep with this somewhere else?" asked, as they were in the middle of the dance floor, not moving. He did enjoyed dancing with her, maybe mainly because of the closeness, but he paid little attention to the dance itself. "I think it's my turn to get you a drink." added, with a wink.

Ruby almost regretted challenging Thomas with her tone. His gaze suddenly seemed to change, narrowing as he looked at her in a strange way. Not only that, but did his fangs suddenly look bigger? Ruby wasn't sure if they were or not, because she hadn't been keeping her eyes focused on them for the entirity of their conversation. She tensed up her entire body, feeling all the muscles in her body freeze except for her heart. No, that muscle was working just fine; in fact, her heart was beating rapidly as if she were anxious. And she was indeed anxious, because she saw the man begin to lean in close to her as if he truly intended to bite her.

Shutting her eyes, Ruby could feel the breath from his nostrils touch her skin as he moved so close to her neck. The feeling made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Interacting with this man was a interesting, yet frightening thing both at the same time. If he truly was a vampire, she expected a sharp pain to be inflicted on the side of her neck once his teeth touched her skin. If not, she expected a play bite from him, possibly even a kiss on that spot if he was feeling daring enough.

When she felt the teeth touch her skin, she could feel that they were a bit sharp, but not so sharp that they would cut her just by touching her. Ruby held her breath, waiting with anticipation to know whether he would bite her with those pointy teeth or simply move them away. Surprisingly, he pulled away without applying much pressure. Ruby laughed at his comment. "Funny, I expected a vampire bite to be more painful than that."

Thomas wasn't a vampire. He couldn't be. Had he been a vampire, surely he would have bitten her in that moment. Unless... he was just a vampire with very powerful restraint... Ruby still felt unsure...

"But it sounds like neither of our races are very friendly then. You are right that there are some friendly wolves though, and I happen to be one of them," she said with a smile.

Surprise overtook Ruby, however, when he pulled away from her and asked her if she would like to go somewhere else. The air felt a bit cooler suddenly, as if their bodies standing close together were creating a bit more heat in the air around them. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought about Peter, and how she had been alone with him when she had killed him. She thought about her mother and how she had killed her by accident. People she got close to seemed to die... Could she keep herself closed off enough so that she wouldn't get attached to Thomas while still hanging around him? Ruby wasn't sure, but she was going to try.

"That sounds... nice," she said with a smile. "Promise you won't spill it on me to get back at me for earlier and we have a deal," she teased.

@Zaira

Ruby almost regretted challenging Thomas with her tone. His gaze suddenly seemed to change, narrowing as he looked at her in a strange way. Not only that, but did his fangs suddenly look bigger? Ruby wasn't sure if they were or not, because she hadn't been keeping her eyes focused on them for the entirity of their conversation. She tensed up her entire body, feeling all the muscles in her body freeze except for her heart. No, that muscle was working just fine; in fact, her heart was beating rapidly as if she were anxious. And she was indeed anxious, because she saw the man begin to lean in close to her as if he truly intended to bite her.
Shutting her eyes, Ruby could feel the breath from his nostrils touch her skin as he moved so close to her neck. The feeling made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. Interacting with this man was a interesting, yet frightening thing both at the same time. If he truly was a vampire, she expected a sharp pain to be inflicted on the side of her neck once his teeth touched her skin. If not, she expected a play bite from him, possibly even a kiss on that spot if he was feeling daring enough.
When she felt the teeth touch her skin, she could feel that they were a bit sharp, but not so sharp that they would cut her just by touching her. Ruby held her breath, waiting with anticipation to know whether he would bite her with those pointy teeth or simply move them away. Surprisingly, he pulled away without applying much pressure. Ruby laughed at his comment. "Funny, I expected a vampire bite to be more painful than that."
Thomas wasn't a vampire. He couldn't be. Had he been a vampire, surely he would have bitten her in that moment. Unless... he was just a vampire with very powerful restraint... Ruby still felt unsure...
"But it sounds like neither of our races are very friendly then. You are right that there are some friendly wolves though, and I happen to be one of them," she said with a smile.
Surprise overtook Ruby, however, when he pulled away from her and asked her if she would like to go somewhere else. The air felt a bit cooler suddenly, as if their bodies standing close together were creating a bit more heat in the air around them. She closed her eyes for a moment and thought about Peter, and how she had been alone with him when she had killed him. She thought about her mother and how she had killed her by accident. People she got close to seemed to die... Could she keep herself closed off enough so that she wouldn't get attached to Thomas while still hanging around him? Ruby wasn't sure, but she was going to try.
"That sounds... nice," she said with a smile. "Promise you won't spill it on me to get back at me for earlier and we have a deal," she teased.@Zaira
Thomas chuckled. "Maybe next time I won't be so gentle." answered her, with a teasing tone, even though he wasn't actually joking. His silly move made the feeling on his throat almost unbearable. Anyway, with it he noticed that she didn't show any resistance when he could bite her for real. It was actually a comforting thought, because as desirable as she may be to him, he wouldn't enjoy forcing her into it. He did it with almost every of his meals, but with her it was different. Thomas was starting to think, that after all those years of superficial encounters with women, he may be liking that girl.

He smiled back at her, of course she was a good one. How could that pretty face want to hurt someone on purpose? That made them a little different, because, even though his conscience prevented him from killing innocent people, he wasn't against hurting them. Thomas couldn't care about being gentle every time he wanted to feed, and he may even left some naive girls close to bleeding to death, but he wasn't an emotionless vampire. Most of the time he was a nice guy.

"I swear. I may be planning something else as a payback, but I certainly won't spill anything on you." answered her with a playful smile. He offered her his hand, to lead her to the beverages table.

Thomas chuckled. "Maybe next time I won't be so gentle." answered her, with a teasing tone, even though he wasn't actually joking. His silly move made the feeling on his throat almost unbearable. Anyway, with it he noticed that she didn't show any resistance when he could bite her for real. It was actually a comforting thought, because as desirable as she may be to him, he wouldn't enjoy forcing her into it. He did it with almost every of his meals, but with her it was different. Thomas was starting to think, that after all those years of superficial encounters with women, he may be liking that girl.
He smiled back at her, of course she was a good one. How could that pretty face want to hurt someone on purpose? That made them a little different, because, even though his conscience prevented him from killing innocent people, he wasn't against hurting them. Thomas couldn't care about being gentle every time he wanted to feed, and he may even left some naive girls close to bleeding to death, but he wasn't an emotionless vampire. Most of the time he was a nice guy.
"I swear. I may be planning something else as a payback, but I certainly won't spill anything on you." answered her with a playful smile. He offered her his hand, to lead her to the beverages table.
"You seem quite certain there will be a next time," Ruby teased, amused by his confident attitude even if he did have enough of a reason to be confident. Just as he liked her and found her interesting, Ruby felt the same way. She hadn't clicked so quickly with someone in a long time. The idea both excited her and terrified her as well. She had always liked the feeling of flirting or her heat skipping a beat when someone really caught her interest. The thing she didn't like, was the uncertainty that came with making a new attachment, another possibly person to grow fond of only to watch them die. And Ruby wanted a break from feeling that way. She didn't want to worry about someone dying again any time soon.

"But I supposed you have reason enough to be confident," she added to her last statement, hinting that she did find his company enjoyable enough for there to indeed be a next time.

She took his hand and started walking with him over to the drinks table, replying to his last statement. "Ah, so you are planning payback. I'd better keep my guard up then. You vampires can be tricky." When they arrived to the table she picked up a glass and began to observe it before glancing back to Thomas. "Where did you intend for us to go after the drink table? Considering you invited me to go somewhere else, you spiked my curiosity."

Why would you come here to find someone? The guest list was extremely exclusive. Nevertheless, Armelia wanted to help the girl out. She might have been a creature of dark magic, but she wasn't selfish in the least. "Who are you looking for? Maybe I've seen them around."
Annabelle glanced to Armelia, grateful when she asked who she was looking for, as if to help. "I'm looking for a woman in a red cloak. We were supposed to make a business deal tonight, but she hasn't showed up yet. Either she's here and is just sidetracked, or hasn't arrived yet. I hope to find her soon, but I'm not sure when she's supposed to be here. She just told me to come to this party," she said with a shrug.

"You seem quite certain there will be a next time," Ruby teased, amused by his confident attitude even if he did have enough of a reason to be confident. Just as he liked her and found her interesting, Ruby felt the same way. She hadn't clicked so quickly with someone in a long time. The idea both excited her and terrified her as well. She had always liked the feeling of flirting or her heat skipping a beat when someone really caught her interest. The thing she didn't like, was the uncertainty that came with making a new attachment, another possibly person to grow fond of only to watch them die. And Ruby wanted a break from feeling that way. She didn't want to worry about someone dying again any time soon.
"But I supposed you have reason enough to be confident," she added to her last statement, hinting that she did find his company enjoyable enough for there to indeed be a next time.
She took his hand and started walking with him over to the drinks table, replying to his last statement. "Ah, so you are planning payback. I'd better keep my guard up then. You vampires can be tricky." When they arrived to the table she picked up a glass and began to observe it before glancing back to Thomas. "Where did you intend for us to go after the drink table? Considering you invited me to go somewhere else, you spiked my curiosity."
He smiled at her statement. He couldn't actually tell why was he sure about it, because she didn't express her interest in a explicit way as Thomas did, but he was sure she found him interesting. Thomas wasn't usually that confident about himself, but he was that night. Her comment made him even more confident about it.

"Of course I am, you don't just ruin an elegant suit that belongs to a vampire and get away with it. You should really be careful." teased her, referring to that cheap costume he rented as an "elegant suit". Anyway, he made sure to state enough irony on those words, just in case. As soon as they arrived to the drinks table, Thomas released her hand, held the glass she was holding, just to make it more steady, and poured some wine in it. He had no idea about human beverages, but looking at the bottle it seemed as a good drink. Thomas filled another glass with it for himself. He looked at Ruby, hearing her question. "I actually didn't have anything in mind. We can sit over there..." offered, pointing with his gaze some lonely chairs not far from where they were standing. "Or maybe we can go outside and get some fresh air. It's a lovely night." added with a charming smile on his face.

He smiled at her statement. He couldn't actually tell why was he sure about it, because she didn't express her interest in a explicit way as Thomas did, but he was sure she found him interesting. Thomas wasn't usually that confident about himself, but he was that night. Her comment made him even more confident about it.

"Of course I am, you don't just ruin an elegant suit that belongs to a vampire and get away with it. You should really be careful." teased her, referring to that cheap costume he rented as an "elegant suit". Anyway, he made sure to state enough irony on those words, just in case. As soon as they arrived to the drinks table, Thomas released her hand, held the glass she was holding, just to make it more steady, and poured some wine in it. He had no idea about human beverages, but looking at the bottle it seemed as a good drink. Thomas filled another glass with it for himself. He looked at Ruby, hearing her question. "I actually didn't have anything in mind. We can sit over there..." offered, pointing with his gaze some lonely chairs not far from where they were standing. "Or maybe we can go outside and get some fresh air. It's a lovely night." added with a charming smile on his face.

Ruby looked Thomas over from head to toe when he called his costume an "elegant suit" and raised an eyebrow. She had a feeling the clothes he was wearing wasn't actually something a vampire would wear anymore, at least, not in this day and age.

"My mistake, I'll try to be much more careful in the future. Although, I don't see why you would be too upset over the spilled drink. If I wouldn't have spilled it, we never would have met and ended up talking as long as we have," she replied with a smirk.

When Thomas poured Ruby a glass of wine, she kept her hand steady to make sure it wouldn't be spilled this time. She glanced at him with the glass in hand, listening to his reply to her statement before. "I'd love to take a walk outside, but I think sitting down inside might be best for now. I almost forgot I was supposed to meet someone inside who I was taking care of a business deal with." She paused for a moment, deciding to tease Thomas a little. "And he's a big flirt. I wonder if he'll be able to keep his hands off me this time..."

The person Ruby was to meet wasn't actually a man, but a young woman who was only an aquatance. Still, she thought it might be fun to see what Thomas' reaction was to her words.

Ruby looked Thomas over from head to toe when he called his costume an "elegant suit" and raised an eyebrow. She had a feeling the clothes he was wearing wasn't actually something a vampire would wear anymore, at least, not in this day and age.
"My mistake, I'll try to be much more careful in the future. Although, I don't see why you would be too upset over the spilled drink. If I wouldn't have spilled it, we never would have met and ended up talking as long as we have," she replied with a smirk.
When Thomas poured Ruby a glass of wine, she kept her hand steady to make sure it wouldn't be spilled this time. She glanced at him with the glass in hand, listening to his reply to her statement before. "I'd love to take a walk outside, but I think sitting down inside might be best for now. I almost forgot I was supposed to meet someone inside who I was taking care of a business deal with." She paused for a moment, deciding to tease Thomas a little. "And he's a big flirt. I wonder if he'll be able to keep his hands off me this time..."
The person Ruby was to meet wasn't actually a man, but a young woman who was only an aquatance. Still, she thought it might be fun to see what Thomas' reaction was to her words.
"Well, if you put it that way, I'll have to cancel my revenge. I admit it was worth it." told her, answering to her statement. He never been mad about that little accident and of course he never planned to have any payback at her for it, so she was only teasing her. Anyway, he couldn't avoid to admit that it had been a good thing to be spilled with wine, for the exact same reason she mentioned.

"Sure, but you'll owe me a walk later." told her, just before changing his smiling expression into a frowning one. He tried to remember what she told him about that person she was there to meet. He remembered she said they both had something the other one wanted. But, what could she want from a "big flirt"? And what did the "keep his hands off me this time" mean? It sounded as if he already had his hands on her some other time... Who could that man she was talking about be?

Thomas was completely confused. He sensed a connection between them, but it seemed that she was there just to meet another man, who had his hands on her previously. Of course he would never admit that there were also a slight amount of jealousy running through his thoughts. One of the main reasons he wouldn't admit it, was that it made no sense that he cared that much for a stranger, specially someone like Thomas, who barely had any friends. Thomas did his best to hide any emotion that her comment had on him. He finally relaxed his expression.

"What's this big deal about, if I'm allow to know?" asked with a raised eyebrow, trying to sound casual, while they were walking together to the place he told her with a few chairs.

Last edited:
"Well, if you put it that way, I'll have to cancel my revenge. I admit it was worth it." told her, answering to her statement. He never been mad about that little accident and of course he never planned to have any payback at her for it, so she was only teasing her. Anyway, he couldn't avoid to admit that it had been a good thing to be spilled with wine, for the exact same reason she mentioned.

"Sure, but you'll owe me a walk later." told her, just before changing his smiling expression into a frowning one. He tried to remember what she told him about that person she was there to meet. He remembered she said they both had something the other one wanted. But, what could she want from a "big flirt"? And what did the "keep his hands off me this time" mean? It sounded as if he already had his hands on her some other time... Who could that man she was talking about be?

Thomas was completely confused. He sensed a connection between them, but it seemed that she was there just to meet another man, who had his hands on her previously. Of course he would never admit that there were also a slight amount of jealousy running through his thoughts. One of the main reasons he wouldn't admit it, was that it made no sense that he cared that much for a stranger, specially someone like Thomas, who barely had any friends. Thomas did his best to hide any emotion that her comment had on him. He finally relaxed his expression.

"What's this big deal about, if I'm allow to know?" asked with a raised eyebrow, trying to sound casual, while they were walking together to the place he told her with a few chairs.

@Zaira

"Yes, one ruined shirt for the price of a beautiful wolf girl to keep you company. I think most any man would be pleased," Ruby replied with a laugh. "Okay, maybe not any man would find it interesting. I'm sure there are some who would be afraid of such a creature. Thankfully, you aren't one of them." Ruby took a sip of her cup of wine and made her way over to the chairs Thomas had pointed out, hoping she would be able to see the person she was looking for from that location.

"I wouldn't mind taking a walk with you later. Consider it done for sure," she replied with a nod, continuing to walk and casually take a sip of her wine every once in a while. She glanced at Thomas as they walked, keeping a straight face but wanting to laugh again. He frowned and even seemed uncomfortable for a moment when Ruby mentioned this "other man" she was to meet and do business with. She could see that he was trying purposely to show little emotion after his frow though, so it was hard to tell just what he was thinking exactly.

Despite his lack of a facial expression, she still assumed the topic now had his attention. He had little interest in what she had come to the party for until she had mentioned a man. In fact, he now questioned her on why exactly they were meeting. She couldn't tell him exactly what it was for without revealing more about her "hypothetical" wolf history, so she told him something as close to the truth as she possibly could. "It's a family artifact I'm attempting to obtain. I have an artifact that the other person wants, and they have an artifact that I want. So we're trading. That's why we wanted to meet up here at this party," she explained. She still kept the identity of the person she was to meet a secret, curious if Thomas would display any more jealousy before he realized the person she was to meet actually was a lady.

"A youthful face can surely be deceiving. I am much older than I look - which is really my only hesitation in seeing you again. But considering your roots... You will be around for quite some time - as will I." He gazed at her face, smiling as he watched her cheeks flush to a deeper shade of red. Her green eyes shone brilliantly against her soft face and her orange-red hair. "You are as lovely as a rose, Ellie. As dangerous too, I'm assuming." He chuckled as he took a sip of his wine. "With fangs for thorns, you are radiant. Although, I might have you beat with all of my canines." He winked, his smile wide and boyish.

@Serpentine

@Zaira
"Yes, one ruined shirt for the price of a beautiful wolf girl to keep you company. I think most any man would be pleased," Ruby replied with a laugh. "Okay, maybe not any man would find it interesting. I'm sure there are some who would be afraid of such a creature. Thankfully, you aren't one of them." Ruby took a sip of her cup of wine and made her way over to the chairs Thomas had pointed out, hoping she would be able to see the person she was looking for from that location.
"I wouldn't mind taking a walk with you later. Consider it done for sure," she replied with a nod, continuing to walk and casually take a sip of her wine every once in a while. She glanced at Thomas as they walked, keeping a straight face but wanting to laugh again. He frowned and even seemed uncomfortable for a moment when Ruby mentioned this "other man" she was to meet and do business with. She could see that he was trying purposely to show little emotion after his frow though, so it was hard to tell just what he was thinking exactly.
Despite his lack of a facial expression, she still assumed the topic now had his attention. He had little interest in what she had come to the party for until she had mentioned a man. In fact, he now questioned her on why exactly they were meeting. She couldn't tell him exactly what it was for without revealing more about her "hypothetical" wolf history, so she told him something as close to the truth as she possibly could. "It's a family artifact I'm attempting to obtain. I have an artifact that the other person wants, and they have an artifact that I want. So we're trading. That's why we wanted to meet up here at this party," she explained. She still kept the identity of the person she was to meet a secret, curious if Thomas would display any more jealousy before he realized the person she was to meet actually was a lady.
He chuckled at her statement, he was certainly pleased with her company, so it was true that ruining his shirt was worth it. "Or maybe you spilled your wine on me on purpose, just to keep my company." teased her with a wink. He went back on focusing on this other, mysterious man that she was there to meet. He was still curious about him.

"But, it seems that you know this man pretty well." assumed, due to her previous comment about him. "Why would you wait for an event like this one to meet him?" asked, just trying to get some information about that matter. He thought it was odd and she was not giving much details about it. They arrived to the mentioned place. He pulled a chair for her to sit and sat down next to her afterwards.

"Is he somehow dangerous?" added, in a lower voice, trying to guess. He clearly expressed his curiosity this time, and he may even show a little worry about her safety, but not even a small amount of the jealousy he wasn't even admitting to himself. It would make sense to chose a public event in that case, but again, she didn't make it sound as a dangerous creature, but instead as someone she had history with. His thoughts kept making pointless conjectures and not even thinking about the possibility that she may be teasing him. Thomas felt even pathetic for caring that much for a stranger and did his best to snap his thoughts out of it.

He chuckled at her statement, he was certainly pleased with her company, so it was true that ruining his shirt was worth it. "Or maybe you spilled your wine on me on purpose, just to keep my company." teased her with a wink. He went back on focusing on this other, mysterious man that she was there to meet. He was still curious about him.

"But, it seems that you know this man pretty well." assumed, due to her previous comment about him. "Why would you wait for an event like this one to meet him?" asked, just trying to get some information about that matter. He thought it was odd and she was not giving much details about it. They arrived to the mentioned place. He pulled a chair for her to sit and sat down next to her afterwards.

"Is he somehow dangerous?" added, in a lower voice, trying to guess. He clearly expressed his curiosity this time, and he may even show a little worry about her safety, but not even a small amount of the jealousy he wasn't even admitting to himself. It would make sense to chose a public event in that case, but again, she didn't make it sound as a dangerous creature, but instead as someone she had history with. His thoughts kept making pointless conjectures and not even thinking about the possibility that she may be teasing him. Thomas felt even pathetic for caring that much for a stranger and did his best to snap his thoughts out of it.

@Zaira

"My, your confidence just keeps increasing, doesn't it?" Ruby teased Thomas, covering her mouth to help hold back a giggle. "I won't get your hopes up and agree that I ran into you for sure, but if you want to believe I did and it will make you feel good, feel free to believe what you want." His confidence amused her, and she even liked it. A lot of men treated her like she was too good for them or acted afraid of her--usually because her grandmother scared men away. His behavior was a breath of fresh air.

When they arrived at the place they had planned to sit, Ruby watched as Thomas pulled up a chair and thanked him before taking a seat. "Honestly, I don't know much about this guy. He's only an acquaintance. For that reason we decided to meet at this party. We don't know each other well so a public meeting place is ideal.

Ruby was quiet for a moment, thinking carefully over Thomas' question before replying. "Yes, I suppose this person could be dangerous if they wanted to be. I don't expect them to be dangerous though," she replied. The woman she was to meet with seemed to have a quiet and even an introverted nature. She didn't think that she would attack her for no reason. "Are you going to stay with me until he shows up?" Ruby questioned.

@Zaira
"My, your confidence just keeps increasing, doesn't it?" Ruby teased Thomas, covering her mouth to help hold back a giggle. "I won't get your hopes up and agree that I ran into you for sure, but if you want to believe I did and it will make you feel good, feel free to believe what you want." His confidence amused her, and she even liked it. A lot of men treated her like she was too good for them or acted afraid of her--usually because her grandmother scared men away. His behavior was a breath of fresh air.
When they arrived at the place they had planned to sit, Ruby watched as Thomas pulled up a chair and thanked him before taking a seat. "Honestly, I don't know much about this guy. He's only an acquaintance. For that reason we decided to meet at this party. We don't know each other well so a public meeting place is ideal.
Ruby was quiet for a moment, thinking carefully over Thomas' question before replying. "Yes, I suppose this person could be dangerous if they wanted to be. I don't expect them to be dangerous though," she replied. The woman she was to meet with seemed to have a quiet and even an introverted nature. She didn't think that she would attack her for no reason. "Are you going to stay with me until he shows up?" Ruby questioned.
Thomas heard her talking about his confident and answered her with a big, convinced and even a little arrogant smile. He actually didn't believe that she spilled the wine on him on purpose, because it didn't look as a good move to approach someone that way, but he enjoyed teasing her about it. A certain thing was that he wasn't even close as confident as he seemed to be.

He was a little released at hearing that the man was only an acquaintance. That meant that she was probably making fun of him with the whole "keep his hands off me this time" thing. Now she made it sound as an almost complete stranger, and he probably was. Still, Thomas felt curiosity about the thing they were trading, and how would this man be.

"What kind of question is that?" asked, raising his eyebrows, as if it was an obvious thing. He then got closer to her, already ignoring the burning feeling on his throat. Thomas put a lock of her hair behind her ear, and slightly caressed the side of her face while his hand went back to his place. "It's a hard thing, for someone like you, to get rid of me. Even harder if you are meeting someone who may or may not be dangerous." told her with a charming smile on his face. He let the silence to extend between them for a few seconds. "Besides, you obviously want me to stay." added, changing his delightful expression into a playful one.

Thomas heard her talking about his confident and answered her with a big, convinced and even a little arrogant smile. He actually didn't believe that she spilled the wine on him on purpose, because it didn't look as a good move to approach someone that way, but he enjoyed teasing her about it. A certain thing was that he wasn't even close as confident as he seemed to be.

He was a little released at hearing that the man was only an acquaintance. That meant that she was probably making fun of him with the whole "keep his hands off me this time" thing. Now she made it sound as an almost complete stranger, and he probably was. Still, Thomas felt curiosity about the thing they were trading, and how would this man be.

"What kind of question is that?" asked, raising his eyebrows, as if it was an obvious thing. He then got closer to her, already ignoring the burning feeling on his throat. Thomas put a lock of her hair behind her ear, and slightly caressed the side of her face while his hand went back to his place. "It's a hard thing, for someone like you, to get rid of me. Even harder if you are meeting someone who may or may not be dangerous." told her with a charming smile on his face. He let the silence to extend between them for a few seconds. "Besides, you obviously want me to stay." added, changing his delightful expression into a playful one.

@Zaira

In reply to her teasing remarks, Ruby watched as he smiled again, and quite the big arrogant smile it was too. It was a large smile, as if he used every muscle in his face to help form it. She rarely saw people smile with that much effort, so it was pretty interesting that Thomas did. Not only did he seem to have a stronger smile than before, but he also seemed a bit more comfortable suddenly. She wasn't sure if she had imagined it or not, but he seemed more comfortable after she told him the person meeting her was only an aquaintance. Had he been jealous? Ruby wasn't sure, but the thought was amusing.

When Thomas asked her what kind of question that was and moved closer to her, Ruby locked her eyes with his for a moment. She felt him brush a lock of her hair behind her ear and the light caresses of touch on her face and held her breath for a moment, feeling a slight tingle where he had touched her. Why did this man have such a strange effect on her? It was enough to take her breath away and she had only just met him. She couldn't help but wonder how she would feel if she continued to see him longer...

"Okay, maybe I do want you to stay," she admitted, moving her head against his shoulder and leaning on it lightly. "But I actually have a confession to make. The person I'm meeting isn't a man, she's a woman," Ruby said, trying to hold back her smile. "I only said she was a man to see how you would react. And it was an interesting reaction for a moment. I liked the look on your face," she teased, letting out a small giggle.

@Zaira
In reply to her teasing remarks, Ruby watched as he smiled again, and quite the big arrogant smile it was too. It was a large smile, as if he used every muscle in his face to help form it. She rarely saw people smile with that much effort, so it was pretty interesting that Thomas did. Not only did he seem to have a stronger smile than before, but he also seemed a bit more comfortable suddenly. She wasn't sure if she had imagined it or not, but he seemed more comfortable after she told him the person meeting her was only an aquaintance. Had he been jealous? Ruby wasn't sure, but the thought was amusing.
When Thomas asked her what kind of question that was and moved closer to her, Ruby locked her eyes with his for a moment. She felt him brush a lock of her hair behind her ear and the light caresses of touch on her face and held her breath for a moment, feeling a slight tingle where he had touched her. Why did this man have such a strange effect on her? It was enough to take her breath away and she had only just met him. She couldn't help but wonder how she would feel if she continued to see him longer...
"Okay, maybe I do want you to stay," she admitted, moving her head against his shoulder and leaning on it lightly. "But I actually have a confession to make. The person I'm meeting isn't a man, she's a woman," Ruby said, trying to hold back her smile. "I only said she was a man to see how you would react. And it was an interesting reaction for a moment. I liked the look on your face," she teased, letting out a small giggle.
He couldn't avoid to smile when she admitted her interest on him staying. It was a long time since a woman took so many smiles from Thomas on one night. Actually, the only one he could think about was already an old lady today, but she used to be a beautiful young girl when they were both human and happily married. Why did that stranger made him think about her? He never even thought about her anymore, because the temptation of finding her was too strong. He snapped the thought out of his mind; he couldn't afford to make a visit on the grandmother of three beautiful kids who still thought that her first husband died on a fire. The light feeling of Ruby's head over his shoulder helped him to deviate his mind.

"You are a really mean person, Red Riding Hood." said before joining her with a chuckle. Now that the feeling was completely over, he could admit to himself that he felt jealousy about that other man that he didn't even know. He put one of his arms around her, hugging her by one side. "I may be glad that he's not a man, though." admitted, looking at her with a soft gaze. "Did I really reacted so funny? What did my face tell you?" asked amused.

Ellie giggled and moved to strap her mask back on her face. "Thank you, Hasan. And I do believe age is just a number." she mentioned, taking a sip from her wine. She listened as Hasan boasted about his canines. "Yes, you are right. I can be quite deadly, despite looking like an innocent bystander." Ellie winked at Hasan as she said this and sighed, her smile growing. "So, you think your canines can beat out my fangs?" she taunted in a teasing manner, scrunching her nose playfully at Hasan.

@Golden_Finch91

He couldn't avoid to smile when she admitted her interest on him staying. It was a long time since a woman took so many smiles from Thomas on one night. Actually, the only one he could think about was already an old lady today, but she used to be a beautiful young girl when they were both human and happily married. Why did that stranger made him think about her? He never even thought about her anymore, because the temptation of finding her was too strong. He snapped the thought out of his mind; he couldn't afford to make a visit on the grandmother of three beautiful kids who still thought that her first husband died on a fire. The light feeling of Ruby's head over his shoulder helped him to deviate his mind.

"You are a really mean person, Red Riding Hood." said before joining her with a chuckle. Now that the feeling was completely over, he could admit to himself that he felt jealousy about that other man that he didn't even know. He put one of his arms around her, hugging her by one side. "I may be glad that he's not a man, though." admitted, looking at her with a soft gaze. "Did I really reacted so funny? What did my face tell you?" asked amused.

@Zaira

//Interesting history for Thomas! :) //

Feeling her thoughts stray for just a brief moment before Thomas replied, Ruby's focus drifted out to where a few couples were dancing, chatting, and even eating. As focused as she had been in simply finding the woman in the blue dress, trading items with her, and leaving, Ruby was glad that she actually had taken some time to unwind and talk to Thomas. Chatting with him had been one of the more interesting things to happen in a while. She turned her head toward Thomas again after a moment, just barely missing the edge of a blue dress fluttering closeby...

"Oh come now, I'm not that mean," she said with a chuckle. "You did have an interesting reaction though. You frowned, but then quickly tried to flatten your frown out and keep a straight face like you were hiding it." Ruby felt one of his arms wrap around her and smiled. "I sensed a little jealousy. But if you like me in a sense that you could be worried there are other men in my life, you don't have anything to worry about. I'm single, and I've been single for a while now."

@Zaira
//Interesting history for Thomas! :) //
Feeling her thoughts stray for just a brief moment before Thomas replied, Ruby's focus drifted out to where a few couples were dancing, chatting, and even eating. As focused as she had been in simply finding the woman in the blue dress, trading items with her, and leaving, Ruby was glad that she actually had taken some time to unwind and talk to Thomas. Chatting with him had been one of the more interesting things to happen in a while. She turned her head toward Thomas again after a moment, just barely missing the edge of a blue dress fluttering closeby...
"Oh come now, I'm not that mean," she said with a chuckle. "You did have an interesting reaction though. You frowned, but then quickly tried to flatten your frown out and keep a straight face like you were hiding it." Ruby felt one of his arms wrap around her and smiled. "I sensed a little jealousy. But if you like me in a sense that you could be worried there are other men in my life, you don't have anything to worry about. I'm single, and I've been single for a while now."
//Thanks! ^^//

He chuckled once again when he heard her, a little embarrassed this time. It seemed that he wasn't really good hiding his feelings. Actually, he was so bad at it that she even realized that he was trying to hide them. If it wouldn't be because of being a pale vampire, he probably would even blushed. Anyway, the embarrassment didn't last long. Thomas was glad to hear she was single, but it peaked his curiosity when she said that she had been for a while. Someone like her would never have problems finding a partner, so being single for a long time had to be exclusively her decision. He wondered why would that be, but it probably wouldn't be good to ask.

When the embarrassment completely disappeared, Thomas realized that he was very comfortable with her, he still had his arm over her shoulders and they were pretty close, but the thirst he used to feel was already in a secondary level. "Well, you are not the only one." stated and then sighed. "Twilight is a complete lie. It's not only that vampire don't sparkle, but girls are not that into vampires. Sure, it's all mysterious and exciting at first, but when they realized that you will actually drink their blood, they just dump you. Humans are insensitive creatures." said with a fake serious tone. He then let a playful smile crossed his face, making sure that she realized he was joking. Actually, it wasn't a lie that he had also been single for a while. Even if he had a few -maybe many- romances, he never been in a relationship since he's a vampire. Mainly because he didn't care enough for anyone.

Last edited:
Juilet smiled. "You do seem to have a bit of an accent." She smiled more, her mask was starting to rub against her nose in an irritating way. "I love this mask but it's really starting to get in the way." She said as she adjusted her mask before replying. "I'm from around her, my family has lived here for generations." She said causally. Sipping the drink once in awhile she leaned against the table a bit. Heels could be such a pain in her ass. "What;s it like in your town? It must be better then this hell hole.. Theres nothing to do here.. I just want to escape this boring place. You know? See the world! Fall in love! Have an adventure!" She said, excitement in her voice. Her eyes twinkled with excitement as she talked. "Oh, excuse me. I sometimes forget to keep my "Ladylike" manners" She said shrugging. Mother would be so disappointed. She thought with a smirk.

Shaking her head in disgust as she looked around the scattered food of refreshments as she picked up a few smiling orange pumpkin cookies and a glass of water. Her eyes shifted over to the devil costumed and the white dressed lady gorging on the sweets and rolled her eyes thinking she would love to start a food fight. Fighting the urge, she turned around swiftly walking a couple steps back and leaned her hip against the huge marble pedestal and faced her body toward the opening of the room. Her eyes were locked on her cookies as she held onto them for life as she shifted everything to her right hand securely and finally looked back up to the crowded refreshment table. Nibbling on her pumpkin treat, she always found studying peoples reaction's was quite entertaining. She didn't want to come off as a starker or a loner, but she found humor in peoples reactions. Also, she would make up her own stories about who the unknown people are and wondered where their next destination was going to lead them in this vast huge planet.

In this distance sitting down, she couldn't miss the red hood of a woman dressed as whom Calypso consider as red riding hood. She nodded her head in approval to herself as her eyes fell onto the wannabe vampire next to her. She rolled her eyes at how everyone wanted to be a vampire these days. Jeeze, she thought. If red riding hood and a vampire get together the whole fairy tale world will be corrupted. There goes Granny. Next her eyes fell back on the couple of the Greek goddess and a more realistic pirate garb costume then her own. She remembered how beautifully they danced earlier though as she sighed lightly a bit envious. I bet those two are really lovers. If not, what a night to remember. She took a final chomp now at her cookie and took a few sips of her water after as her green inquisitive eyes trailed to the next closer couple.

Her head bobbed side to side trying to conflict a story in her head. She had no idea who the princess in the white dress was suppose to be and noticed she was talking to an assassin creed looking guy dressed in blue and black. I wondered if the guard recognized him… Chuckling silently to herself and decided they looked good together too as she took a bite out of her last cookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cliff laughed as he heard her words, and then the devilish little hint of sarcasm coating her last few words. His blue eye sparkled as he saw how excited she was, how passionate she felt about her desires. He grinned a bit as he listened to her words. They were such childishly human desires, which made him wonder even further what she was - most humans, after all, didn't have eyes that flashed gold. Much in the same way that most humans didn't have two different coloured eyes that lit up depending on which of your personalities was in control at that particular moment. He decided to go ahead and answer her questions about his hometown - though, frankly, he was unsure whether the place even existed still, since it was centuries since he'd been there.

"I don't remember much about my hometown," he admitted softly, figuring he'd paint it in the same light that she was painting this town. "It's been quite some time since I left, and so much has happened that my youth and childhood...it seems as though those years were centuries ago..." He was quiet for a moment. It wasn't really a lie - they did seem to have been centuries ago...because they were. "I guess I would have been about eighteen when I left, got up with my friends Katrina, Lance, and Erin...and we just bolted." He paused again, wondering how to approach the next part of his story. "We basically just did everything you want to do. We travelled and explored, we went on adventures... some of us fell in love... I guess our group had a bit of a falling out, though, and we haven't seen one another in ages." There was a faint flash of his green eye, but then he was back to normal, a faint frown on his lips for a moment before it returned to his gentle smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.