A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My name's Armelia, Come to think of it, I never got your name either. As for what that power was, it was dark magic, shadow magic to be specific. I'm a dark fae, which means that I'm about as close as you can get to being dark magic personified without, you know, actually being made of dark magic. I'm also pretty old, so I've had a long time to practice."
"You tasted pretty good actually. Just not salty enough." teased her, answering her question, with a half smile. It was still not a topic he would enjoy talking about, but he couldn't find another way of answering that did not contain some quantity of sarcasm. He never had the chance of talking about that with the ones he usually drank from, because most of them weren't volunteers and wouldn't take it so good.
He could also track down the place where Annabelle was, but he just let Ruby lead the way. Thomas winked at her when she thanked him and put the chunk of ice beneath his arm. At hearing her apology, a slightly smile crossed his face. It had actually been a very interesting party because of her. Thomas imagined what would he be doing in that moment if they hadn't met, and he would probably be pathetically courting some boring human, so he was actually thankful. The vampire would have said something about it, but he didn't want to interrupt their conversation. He rather heard it instead.
A dark fae? Well, that was certainly something he didn't imagine. Probably because he had no idea those existed. "You certainly don't look as a dark creature, not after everything you've done to help this people around. It seems that most supernatural stereotypes are not right." said, sharing his thought. It was interesting to see how humans deviated reality into unreal stories.
@Zaira @daird

Ruby smiled hearing Thomas comment on the blood, wondering what it must have really been like to drink blood all the time. Her smile quickly faded when she recalled having killed her boyfriend by eating him and could taste his blood in her mouth when she turned back into herself again. She winced at the thought. Sure, she killed people before after that to help friends out in battle, but she never remembered the taste of blood as clearly as she did when she tasted it the day she killed Peter.

Eyes widening in surprise when she heard Armelia speak, she thought over her words before figuring out how she would reply. "I hadn't the slightest clue there was a such thing as dark fae, but that is interesting. I just hope you're careful with your magic. Where I come from we have a saying: All magic comes with a price. You always have to be careful," she said, pausing for a moment before looking between Armelia and Thomas. "But, gee, I had no idea you were pretty old. I'm definitely the youngest out of you three then. I'm so young I'm practically a baby wearing diapers compared to the two of you." She smiled, a little bit of the light returning to her face. Ruby could see Thomas was smiling back at her as well, meaning her apology had been in vain. He didn't regret getting involved with her or any of this. And even though she had caused him trouble, Ruby was glad too.

@Zaira @daird
Ruby smiled hearing Thomas comment on the blood, wondering what it must have really been like to drink blood all the time. Her smile quickly faded when she recalled having killed her boyfriend by eating him and could taste his blood in her mouth when she turned back into herself again. She winced at the thought. Sure, she killed people before after that to help friends out in battle, but she never remembered the taste of blood as clearly as she did when she tasted it the day she killed Peter.
Eyes widening in surprise when she heard Armelia speak, she thought over her words before figuring out how she would reply. "I hadn't the slightest clue there was a such thing as dark fae, but that is interesting. I just hope you're careful with your magic. Where I come from we have a saying: All magic comes with a price. You always have to be careful," she said, pausing for a moment before looking between Armelia and Thomas. "But, gee, I had no idea you were pretty old. I'm definitely the youngest out of you three then. I'm so young I'm practically a baby wearing diapers compared to the two of you." She smiled, a little bit of the light returning to her face. Ruby could see Thomas was smiling back at her as well, meaning her apology had been in vain. He didn't regret getting involved with her or any of this. And even though she had caused him trouble, Ruby was glad too.
All magic comes with a price. What an interesting phrase. Thomas gave it a thought and smiled. The place where she belonged picked his curiosity; it seemed that it sheltered many magical creatures. For what she had said about it, it seemed that they were used to see magic.

"Awww, who's a cute little baby?" teased her, squeezing one of her cheeks as if she actually was a baby. He let it go as soon as he finished his joke, but kept looking at her with an amused smile. She looked a lot better than before. She had even made a joke. And that was definitely a reason for him to smile, but a wondering faded it off. "How's the thing between werewolves and aging?" asked with curiosity. Of course it was a dumb thing to worry about that during a party. Even if she had a short human-long life, why would he worry? She was only a girl he met that same evening. As much as he might liked her, there were little chances that they would stay together for a long time. Anyway, Thomas couldn't help it.

With all the commotion going on she forgot Lulu was coming to drop something off for her. She watched the screaming and reactions from across the room and was thankful she wasn't caught up in the mess. Right before she could witness the ice blasts, a black robed guard tapped her on her shoulder which made her yelp in shock.

"Hey! What's the big idea sneaking up on a pirate like that? You crazy or summin? What? What do you want? I'm not doing anything wrong here." She got off the bar stool and crossed her arms in a defending manner as she heard behind the body guard someone whistling. There was only one person who could give out that secret whistler to her, and that was Lulu. She stood at the entrance wearing a bright yellow 'I dream of Jeanie' costume holding a brown paper bag by two handles. The guard didn't say a word but grunted and threw a thumb at Lulu direction. she stuck her tongue out at the guard, since he wouldn't let her in and she raced over to greet her.

Jumping into a hug with each other and a kiss on the cheeks she greeted her friend. "Hey girl! Nice costume! I hope you haven't been standing out here too long!" Lulu rolled her eyes and handed Calypso the bag. "Nah, just couldn't get pass mister scary over here. Anyways, have fun and I'll you in a couple of hours!" After taking the bag Calypso grabbed the bag and waves to Lulu as she walked back to her car that was parked out in front and drove off.

The guard stood behind her now with arms crossed and cleared his throat. Sighing she opened the bag as the guard leaned over to look in. In stiff nod he eaves her off as she yipped a excited glee and walked briskly back into the ball room and headed back toward the bar of opposite end where everyone else was mostly at.

Last edited by a moderator:
All magic comes with a price. What an interesting phrase. Thomas gave it a thought and smiled. The place where she belonged picked his curiosity; it seemed that it sheltered many magical creatures. For what she had said about it, it seemed that they were used to see magic.
"Awww, who's a cute little baby?" teased her, squeezing one of her cheeks as if she actually was a baby. He let it go as soon as he finished his joke, but kept looking at her with an amused smile. She looked a lot better than before. She had even made a joke. And that was definitely a reason for him to smile, but a wondering faded it off. "How's the thing between werewolves and aging?" asked with curiosity. Of course it was a dumb thing to worry about that during a party. Even if she had a short human-long life, why would he worry? She was only a girl he met that same evening. As much as he might liked her, there were little chances that they would stay together for a long time. Anyway, Thomas couldn't help it.
@Zaira @daird

When Thomas teased her and pinched her cheek, Ruby playfully swatted one of his hands away. "Don't call me a baby or I'll cry and hit you with my rattle!" she shot back teasingly, of course. She dropped her hand back at her side, the playful tone in her voice fading away when Thomas then asked her about how she aged as a werewolf. She frowned, realizing that he had probably asked that to determine whether or not she would be the type of girl he would want to see or not. If Thomas ever wanted another friend or girl in his life, he likely wanted someone who would live a long time. Ruby knew her answer was going to disappoint him.

"Werewolves live about as long as humans do, sadly. So I'll probably be old and wrinkly thirty years from now and the two of you will still look the same." Ruby felt a little sad to admit that truth to him, but she wasn't about to tell him a lie. "So maybe you should think twice about seeing me again, Thomas. My existence may turn out to be a little too short for you," she added, half joking, but half serious also. She couldn't picture him wanting another mortal lover after he already had to watch one of them grow old without him.

@Zaira @daird
When Thomas teased her and pinched her cheek, Ruby playfully swatted one of his hands away. "Don't call me a baby or I'll cry and hit you with my rattle!" she shot back teasingly, of course. She dropped her hand back at her side, the playful tone in her voice fading away when Thomas then asked her about how she aged as a werewolf. She frowned, realizing that he had probably asked that to determine whether or not she would be the type of girl he would want to see or not. If Thomas ever wanted another friend or girl in his life, he likely wanted someone who would live a long time. Ruby knew her answer was going to disappoint him.
"Werewolves live about as long as humans do, sadly. So I'll probably be old and wrinkly thirty years from now and the two of you will still look the same." Ruby felt a little sad to admit that truth to him, but she wasn't about to tell him a lie. "So maybe you should think twice about seeing me again, Thomas. My existence may turn out to be a little too short for you," she added, half joking, but half serious also. She couldn't picture him wanting another mortal lover after he already had to watch one of them grow old without him.
Thomas suppressed every feeling he had when she answered his question, trying not to show them to her or Armelia. The answer was definitely not what he expecter. He did not want to go through the same thing he had been, but he wasn't neither going to leave her. He was certainly enjoying her company, so he just needed to avoid falling madly in love with her, as he did his first time. Even though he already knew it was going to be a hard thing.

Thomas smiled at her. "Anyway, you are still a baby, remember? There's nothing to worry about." Told her and winked at her, still with and amusing tone. He wasn't going to have a serious conversation about that. Not there, not in that moment and definitely not the first time they met. They could figure it out later. "You still have plenty of years of a beautiful skin." added, keeping his humorist tone. "Weren't we going to find Annabelle?" asked them, probably as an attempt to change the theme of the conversation. "I'm pretty sure she's in there." added, pointing with his head a room, where the smell of blood came from.

Thomas suppressed every feeling he had when she answered his question, trying not to show them to her or Armelia. The answer was definitely not what he expecter. He did not want to go through the same thing he had been, but he wasn't neither going to leave her. He was certainly enjoying her company, so he just needed to avoid falling madly in love with her, as he did his first time. Even though he already knew it was going to be a hard thing.

Thomas smiled at her. "Anyway, you are still a baby, remember? There's nothing to worry about." Told her and winked at her, still with and amusing tone. He wasn't going to have a serious conversation about that. Not there, not in that moment and definitely not the first time they met. They could figure it out later. "You still have plenty of years of a beautiful skin." added, keeping his humorist tone. "Weren't we going to find Annabelle?" asked them, probably as an attempt to change the theme of the conversation. "I'm pretty sure she's in there." added, pointing with his head a room, where the smell of blood came from.

It was painfully obvious that Thomas was indeed disappointed by her response. Ruby went quiet for just a moment, trying to make peace with the fact that their short encounter, their fleeting sparks would make it no further than tonight. As far as she was now concerned, this night of meeting Thomas was only a pleasant dream. There was no way he would want to be around her any longer now than this evening. Not now that he knew she would die long before him. But still, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy what remained of their time, right?

"Please just let it last a little longer," she thought to herself.

"Okay, so I've got a few years of looking nice let on me. That's a plus. And at least I'm not an old man like you are," Ruby teased back. "Yes, I am going to find Annabelle. You just tend to be very distracting when you keep teasing me like that," she said, keeping her smile hidden from him. She walked up to the door of the room Annabelle was in and wiggled the doorknob before realizing it was locked.

"Locked. Can either of you open a door?" She asked Thomas and Armelia.

@Zaira @daird

Armelia looked at the wooden door. "I can break the thing down, but only if you want to have a lifetime supply of splinters. Count, you picked up any lockpicking skills in your long years?"

It was painfully obvious that Thomas was indeed disappointed by her response. Ruby went quiet for just a moment, trying to make peace with the fact that their short encounter, their fleeting sparks would make it no further than tonight. As far as she was now concerned, this night of meeting Thomas was only a pleasant dream. There was no way he would want to be around her any longer now than this evening. Not now that he knew she would die long before him. But still, that didn't mean she couldn't enjoy what remained of their time, right?
"Please just let it last a little longer," she thought to herself.
"Okay, so I've got a few years of looking nice let on me. That's a plus. And at least I'm not an old man like you are," Ruby teased back. "Yes, I am going to find Annabelle. You just tend to be very distracting when you keep teasing me like that," she said, keeping her smile hidden from him. She walked up to the door of the room Annabelle was in and wiggled the doorknob before realizing it was locked.
"Locked. Can either of you open a door?" She asked Thomas and Armelia.
@Zaira @daird
Armelia looked at the wooden door. "I can break the thing down, but only if you want to have a lifetime supply of splinters. Count, you picked up any lockpicking skills in your long years?"

((I'm leaving on vacations today and this thread won't probably be active anymore when I'm back, so this is my last post to it. Have fun RPing!))

Thomas smiled at Ruby's tease. "You may be right. I'm an old man, but the years only make me more handsome," answered her with a smirk. Of course it was only a joke, because, even if he knew he wasn't an ugly guy, the years had no effect on him. He looked exactly as he looked 44 years before.

He sighed when Ruby stated it was locked. "Not really, I'm also the kind that would break the door." answered Armelia. While he was thinking what to do next, a text message alert interrupted his thought. Thomas looked at Ruby and Armelia, waiting for them to response to one of her cellphones. Anyway, a moment later, he realized that the sound came from his pocket. He was a little embarrassed for the episode, but he was just not used to receive text messages. He only had one of those "smartphones" - that he didn't like at all - to make calls from time to time. It was way more comfortable than a traditional telephone.

"Sorry" he apologized for the interruption. Even though reading a message in the company of others was a really common thing those days, he still felt bad for doing it. After all, he really was an old man. He took it out with an expression fulled of curiosity. What might it be about?

When he finally read the message, every expression made by his body changed completely. He froze, and the only reason why he didn't drop his cellphone was because he had it with both hands. He could only read four words from the message. Those were probably the words he had feared the most. He never imagined the specific combination of those words, but he had always been alert for something similar. "She had an accident." After those words, there was an address from a hospital, but Thomas barely paid attention to it.

He needed to go as quickly as possible. For a second, he worried about what Ruby might think. He didn't want her to believe he was leaving because of what she said about aging. Anyway, his mind was somewhere else in that moment, so he didn't worry much about it. "I'm sorry, I need to leave," said, with an emotionless tone. It was a really rude think to leave just like that, but he had no other choice. He needed to go to the hospital before he lost his chance to say goodbye to her. He first looked at Armelia. "Thanks for everything, Armelia. It was really nice meeting you." told her, just before turning to Ruby. Even if it wasn't the reason for leaving the party, Thomas thought it was a great opportunity to leave her and not see her again. It was certainly going to be a hard thing, but way easier than what he was probably doing today with his wife: saying goodbye to a dying wrinkled woman. He looked into Ruby's eyes and gently carressed the right side of her face.
"Ruby, I had a wonderful time with you tonight. I'm eternally grateful for it, and be sure that I will never forget you. I'm so sorry I need to leave like this." told her, and, if it wouldn't be because half of his presence was already flying into the hospital, he wouldn't be able to resist the urgue to kiss her. Anyway, he just let her face go and rushed to exit the ballroom.

Half way to the entrance, he suddenly stopped. He found himself divided into a Thomas who wanted to leave as fast as possible and one who couldn't stand the idea of not seeing Ruby ever again. He decided that he would satisfy both of them. He just needed to do something quickly that would allow him to stay in touch with Ruby so that he could leave without worrying about it. The electronic device that was on his hand was everything he could think of. He didn't like that idea much, but the other half of himself told him to hurry and stop thinking. Thomas looked around and spotted someone with a pen and paper in his hand. It was a man that was probably in charged of some kind of organisation, but he didn't care about it, and, with a simple "excuse me", took the pen and a small paper from his hand. He rushed back to the place where Ruby and Armelia were, writing his phone number in the paper. "Hey, just... call me." told Ruby, handling her the small paper and making the biggest smile he could under those circumstances, which wasn't a great one. After it, he placed one of his hands behind her neck and kissed her gently. It was a short and simple kiss, where his lips barely touched hers, but it had been a beautiful short moment that prepared him for what he was going to go through tonight. Thomas turned around and left, this time for real.

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
((I'm leaving on vacations today and this thread won't probably be active anymore when I'm back, so this is my last post to it. Have fun RPing!))

Thomas smiled at Ruby's tease. "You may be right. I'm an old man, but the years only make me more handsome," answered her with a smirk. Of course it was only a joke, because, even if he knew he wasn't an ugly guy, the years had no effect on him. He looked exactly as he looked 44 years before.

He sighed when Ruby stated it was locked. "Not really, I'm also the kind that would break the door." answered Armelia. While he was thinking what to do next, a text message alert interrupted his thought. Thomas looked at Ruby and Armelia, waiting for them to response to one of her cellphones. Anyway, a moment later, he realized that the sound came from his pocket. He was a little embarrassed for the episode, but he was just not used to receive text messages. He only had one of those "smartphones" - that he didn't like at all - to make calls from time to time. It was way more comfortable than a traditional telephone.

"Sorry" he apologized for the interruption. Even though reading a message in the company of others was a really common thing those days, he still felt bad for doing it. After all, he really was an old man. He took it out with an expression fulled of curiosity. What might it be about?

When he finally read the message, every expression made by his body changed completely. He froze, and the only reason why he didn't drop his cellphone was because he had it with both hands. He could only read four words from the message. Those were probably the words he had feared the most. He never imagined the specific combination of those words, but he had always been alert for something similar. "She had an accident." After those words, there was an address from a hospital, but Thomas barely paid attention to it.

He needed to go as quickly as possible. For a second, he worried about what Ruby might think. He didn't want her to believe he was leaving because of what she said about aging. Anyway, his mind was somewhere else in that moment, so he didn't worry much about it. "I'm sorry, I need to leave," said, with an emotionless tone. It was a really rude think to leave just like that, but he had no other choice. He needed to go to the hospital before he lost his chance to say goodbye to her. He first looked at Armelia. "Thanks for everything, Armelia. It was really nice meeting you." told her, just before turning to Ruby. Even if it wasn't the reason for leaving the party, Thomas thought it was a great opportunity to leave her and not see her again. It was certainly going to be a hard thing, but way easier than what he was probably doing today with his wife: saying goodbye to a dying wrinkled woman. He looked into Ruby's eyes and gently carressed the right side of her face.

"Ruby, I had a wonderful time with you tonight. I'm eternally grateful for it, and be sure that I will never forget you. I'm so sorry I need to leave like this." told her, and, if it wouldn't be because half of his presence was already flying into the hospital, he wouldn't be able to resist the urgue to kiss her. Anyway, he just let her face go and rushed to exit the ballroom.

Half way to the entrance, he suddenly stopped. He found himself divided into a Thomas who wanted to leave as fast as possible and one who couldn't stand the idea of not seeing Ruby ever again. He decided that he would satisfy both of them. He just needed to do something quickly that would allow him to stay in touch with Ruby so that he could leave without worrying about it. The electronic device that was on his hand was everything he could think of. He didn't like that idea much, but the other half of himself told him to hurry and stop thinking. Thomas looked around and spotted someone with a pen and paper in his hand. It was a man that was probably in charged of some kind of organisation, but he didn't care about it, and, with a simple "excuse me", took the pen and a small paper from his hand. He rushed back to the place where Ruby and Armelia were, writing his phone number in the paper. "Hey, just... call me." told Ruby, handling her the small paper and making the biggest smile he could under those circumstances, which wasn't a great one. After it, he placed one of his hands behind her neck and kissed her gently. It was a short and simple kiss, where his lips barely touched hers, but it had been a beautiful short moment that prepared him for what he was going to go through tonight. Thomas turned around and left, this time for real.
@Zaira @daird

"I'm not sure if that's how it works," Ruby said to Thomas in reply to his teasing answer saying that the years only made him more handsome. "I'm pretty sure that means you'll always look the same, but if it makes you feel any better you can believe what you want." Though she said that, Ruby did indeed think he was quite the handsome man. She wondered if he had always naturally been that way, or if being a vampire made you more attractive in appearance. Ruby wouldn't have been surprised had that been the case. Being attractive would probably help in luring humans closer to feed off them, or so so thought.

Eyeing the door up curiously after Thomas' remark about it, Ruby said, "Well if you're the kind who would break down the door and I'm probably that kind, I guess we'll just have to break down the door. Unless you have a trick you want to share with us, Armelia." While she was watching the door, Ruby barely noticed Thomas take out a cell phone to look at a text message. It was only when he excused himself and stepped away briefly that Ruby realized what was going on. She tried to be polite and not turn to watch what he was doing.

"I'm sorry, I need to leave," Ruby heard him say next. She turned around to look at him after that, feeling her heart drop into the pit of her stomach before she even saw the upset expression on his face. When he approached her and told her what a good time he had that night, she tried to find words to speak to him but couldn't find them. She simply remained silent, looking into his eyes with an expression that screamed don't go.

And just like that he was gone.

Ruby closed her eyes and rubbed the top of her eyelids, holding back a couple tears. That was it. She wouldn't see him again. She wasn't sure why she was a bit sad over losing someone she had only just met once, but she did. Something about him was different... even special. But maybe, just maybe, she would wake up tomorrow morning and she could convince herself that meeting Thomas was only a dream. After all, meeting a man like that for the first time usually never went that well.

Ruby turned around to face the door again, speaking to thin air. "I had a wonderful time too," she mumbled to herself. "Even if we didn't get to take that walk outside like we talked about."

Just then, however, she heard the sound of someone running back in their direction. She turned around, surprised to see that it was Thomas again. He offered her a piece of paper--apparently with his phone number on it--and smile a big, but somewhat sad, smile. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard his words. He wanted her to... call him?

Before she could even reply to that statement, Thomas' lips met hers with a brief, soft kiss. Her eyes widened in surprise and her heart skipped another beat. The kiss was so short she didn't have much time to react positively by kissing him back or negatively by pushing him away, but it wasn't hard to tell by the positive look on her face after the fact that she wasn't upset about it.

"Yeah...," she mumbled, reaching up to touch her lips. Ruby's cheeks flushed a red befitting of her name and she went silent for a moment as she watched Thomas leave, only turning to Armelia again after he had left. "N-Now, what were we doing again?" she questioned.

Hasan lead the dance for a few more songs, lost in her scent and touch before he lead her off to the side of the dance floor by hand, glad that she was comfortable around him. Although she was also a non-human, he was glad that she'd reacted well to what he was. Very few knew who he really was, nor did he want them to. "I am going to go check on my sister, dear Rose. Will you be fine if I leave you for a bit?" He asked softly, hoping she wouldn't be like Cinderella and run off before midnight.
@Serpentine

Ellie continued dancing with Hasan in silence, lost in the rhythm and beat. She slowly opened her eyes once again and felt as he lead her from the dance floor. She listened as he asked if she would wait for him while he checked on his sister. "Why of course. I'll just be sitting on that bench over there, so just take your time. It's your sister after all." Ellie said sincerely, her soft green eyes sparkling, smile bright. Ellie wouldn't know, but common sense told her that family was important. She smiled and stepped slightly on her tip-toes, placing a small kiss on Hasan's cheek. She pulled away and smiled, blushing a dark scarlet before waving and walking toward a bench and sitting down.

@Golden_Finch91

Hasan smiled boyishly as she kissed his cheek. "I will be back shortly my rose." He trotted off quickly in search of Adanya, but grew slightly concerned when he didn't find her, only her shoes and an empty glass beside a second pair of shoes. "Now now now..." he murmured as he listened across the garden for them, slightly hearing their voices deep beyond the brush.

@Serpentine

Ellie watched with a raised eyebrow as Hasan searched for his sister, looking slightly concerned. She furrowed her brow in worry and turned her eyes away, hoping silently that she was alright. Deciding to distract her mind, Ellie stood up and made her way to the buffet table, grabbing a sweet and eating it slowly. She turned her green eyes once again across the ball room, the magic feeling unwavering. Only one thing was on her mind, though. She hoped Hasan would find his sister. After all, Ellie thought family was important, at least, that's what she read in stories. Lifting her hand, Ellie moved a loose strand of orange hair behind her ear, biting her lip slightly, before going back to the bench and sitting down. She closed her eyes and focused on the music, humming to it and eventually swaying to it gently.

@Golden_Finch91

"I'm not sure if that's how it works," Ruby said to Thomas in reply to his teasing answer saying that the years only made him more handsome. "I'm pretty sure that means you'll always look the same, but if it makes you feel any better you can believe what you want." Though she said that, Ruby did indeed think he was quite the handsome man. She wondered if he had always naturally been that way, or if being a vampire made you more attractive in appearance. Ruby wouldn't have been surprised had that been the case. Being attractive would probably help in luring humans closer to feed off them, or so so thought.
Eyeing the door up curiously after Thomas' remark about it, Ruby said, "Well if you're the kind who would break down the door and I'm probably that kind, I guess we'll just have to break down the door. Unless you have a trick you want to share with us, Armelia." While she was watching the door, Ruby barely noticed Thomas take out a cell phone to look at a text message. It was only when he excused himself and stepped away briefly that Ruby realized what was going on. She tried to be polite and not turn to watch what he was doing.
"I'm sorry, I need to leave," Ruby heard him say next. She turned around to look at him after that, feeling her heart drop into the pit of her stomach before she even saw the upset expression on his face. When he approached her and told her what a good time he had that night, she tried to find words to speak to him but couldn't find them. She simply remained silent, looking into his eyes with an expression that screamed don't go.
And just like that he was gone.
Ruby closed her eyes and rubbed the top of her eyelids, holding back a couple tears. That was it. She wouldn't see him again. She wasn't sure why she was a bit sad over losing someone she had only just met once, but she did. Something about him was different... even special. But maybe, just maybe, she would wake up tomorrow morning and she could convince herself that meeting Thomas was only a dream. After all, meeting a man like that for the first time usually never went that well.
Ruby turned around to face the door again, speaking to thin air. "I had a wonderful time too," she mumbled to herself. "Even if we didn't get to take that walk outside like we talked about."
Just then, however, she heard the sound of someone running back in their direction. She turned around, surprised to see that it was Thomas again. He offered her a piece of paper--apparently with his phone number on it--and smile a big, but somewhat sad, smile. Her heart skipped a beat when she heard his words. He wanted her to... call him?
Before she could even reply to that statement, Thomas' lips met hers with a brief, soft kiss. Her eyes widened in surprise and her heart skipped another beat. The kiss was so short she didn't have much time to react positively by kissing him back or negatively by pushing him away, but it wasn't hard to tell by the positive look on her face after the fact that she wasn't upset about it.
"Yeah...," she mumbled, reaching up to touch her lips. Ruby's cheeks flushed a red befitting of her name and she went silent for a moment as she watched Thomas leave, only turning to Armelia again after he had left. "N-Now, what were we doing again?" she questioned.
@Zaira @daird

//ooc: Since I'm not getting replies anymore, I'm just going to wrap up my posts in this roleplay and end the story I've been building up with my characters. This will be my final post here. Thanks for replying guys and I've enjoyed this halloween roleplay with you all! Thanks @ElBell for putting on this awesome rp for us! :)

When Armelia didn't reply right away, Ruby kept a hand over her red lips for a moment longer. It took her a few seconds before the flustered fog in her mind created by Thomas had cleared on its own, and the pink tint to her cheeks had faded also. Once the fog had entirely dissolved, she realized what they had been doing before. They were standing in front of a door just outside the room where Annabelle aka Queen Elsa was hiding.

"O-Oh right, I remember now. Sorry," Ruby said to Armelia, a sheepish smile covering her face. She rubbed the back of her head and glanced to the palm of her hand that held the paper Thomas had handed her. It had a number on it, obviously his phone number. She wanted to think about what she was going to do with it, but now wasn't the time. He had his own business to attend to and she had her own. She would catch up with him later... probably...

"I'm going to go speak with Elsa now," she added, not facing Armelia. "Thanks so much for your help, but I'm pretty sure I can take it from here." She turned her head over her shoulder and winked at Armelia once before stepping back from the door. With a swift kick, Ruby hit the door with her foot once, twice, and finally a third time before it was knocked over. After the door was knocked down, Ruby turned to grab the ice chunk encasing her red cloak--which Thomas had been kind enough to carry--before slowly entering the room. It appeared just to be an ordinary sitting room.

Annabelle--who was curled up in a corner inside the room, sitting on the floor with her knees pulled up to her chest--flinched hearing the door unexpectedly knocked down. The hallway was rather dimly lit, so she couldn't see who was standing in the doorway at first. "Wh-Whose there?" she questioned nervously.

"It's the woman you were meeting with before," Ruby replied, easing her way slowly into the room so that she wouldn't startle the other woman. "My name is Ruby. I believe you were calling yourself Annabelle before, yeah? Let's talk."

Annabelle scrunched herself up against the corner as much as she possibly could like a cornered, afraid animal. It was much easier for Ruby to smell the scent of blood coming from her wounds now that she had gotten closer to her.

"T-Talk? What about?"

Ruby dragged the heap of ice beside Annabelle before kneeling down next to her. "You don't need to be afraid. I'm not going to hurt you, and nobody is angry about you for what happened in there."

The blonde looked away, narrowing her blue eyes sadly. "I could have killed someone. I was so upset over a broken charm that I could have killed someone in that room by refusing to give you this control charm and letting you turn into a wolf."

Ruby shook her head. "You had reason to be upset. That charm could have restored your memories. I wasn't paying attention and I broke it. I can understand why you wouldn't want to make the trade for the charm you had to control my wolf powers when I couldn't give you the charm you wanted to get your memories back. But you still ended up giving it to me, and for that I'm grateful. I want to try and help you in any way I can, Elsa."

The woman paused for a moment. "Is my name really Elsa?"

Ruby nodded. "Yes, that's your real name. I don't know much about you, but I do know that much. And I owe you for giving me that charm when I couldn't make the trade. So I want you to come with me to my home. I live in StoryBrooke. There's a man there with magic who can heal your wounds and he might be able to come up with a new way for you to get your memories back."

Elsa thought about Ruby's words for a moment before nodding. She vaguely remembered having been in StoryBrooke before and knew Ruby was right.

"Great," Ruby said, smiling slightly. "Do you think you could do me one more favor first?" She glanced down at her frozen cloak. "Could you unfreeze my cloak? I really don't need it now that I have charm to help control my wolf powers, but it's special to me. My Granny gave it to me and I've had it since I was small."

Elsa frowned. "I'm not sure if I can do it, but I'll give it a try." Elsa remembered being unable to unfreeze the cloak earlier when she had tried, but perhaps that was only because she had been panicking at the time. She closed her eyes and waved a hand over the red cloak, pleased when the ice did indeed start to melt.

"Thank you," Ruby said, offering a hand to Elsa. "Come with me. We need to leave this party as soon as possible. It's Halloween night, and apparently this place draws supernatural creatures who have come out to celebrate. I talked to a vampire here earlier. If there are more around here, you could be in trouble with a bleeding wound like that. So let's hurry."

Elsa took Ruby's hand and stood up, grunting as she felt strain on her wound. "All right, let's go."

Ruby picked her cloak up and turned to exit the room, gesturing for Elsa to follow her. The two women quickly headed through the ballroom and toward the entrance of the party. Ruby glanced back to the room one more time to reflect on her interesting adventure during the party. She met Thomas, Armelia, and even had the scary run-in with Elsa while almost losing control of her wolf form. It had been quite a night. She turned after a moment, however, and exited the building without looking back again.

To be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: ElBell
Status
Not open for further replies.