A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
//Thanks! ^^//

He chuckled once again when he heard her, a little embarrassed this time. It seemed that he wasn't really good hiding his feelings. Actually, he was so bad at it that she even realized that he was trying to hide them. If it wouldn't be because of being a pale vampire, he probably would even blushed. Anyway, the embarrassment didn't last long. Thomas was glad to hear she was single, but it peaked his curiosity when she said that she had been for a while. Someone like her would never have problems finding a partner, so being single for a long time had to be exclusively her decision. He wondered why would that be, but it probably wouldn't be good to ask.

When the embarrassment completely disappeared, Thomas realized that he was very comfortable with her, he still had his arm over her shoulders and they were pretty close, but the thirst he used to feel was already in a secondary level. "Well, you are not the only one." stated and then sighed. "Twilight is a complete lie. It's not only that vampire don't sparkle, but girls are not that into vampires. Sure, it's all mysterious and exciting at first, but when they realized that you will actually drink their blood, they just dump you. Humans are insensitive creatures." said with a fake serious tone. He then let a playful smile crossed his face, making sure that she realized he was joking. Actually, it wasn't a lie that he had also been single for a while. Even if he had a few -maybe many- romances, he never been in a relationship since he's a vampire. Mainly because he didn't care enough for anyone.

@Zaira

Ruby couldnt help but chuckle when Thomas used Twilight as an example for what vampires are not like. Sadly, she knew the movie well. When she had been entirely human and had been cursed, she used to watch it all the time and was even addicted to the characters. After getting her memories back, however, Ruby realized it wasn't really that good. The characters were kind of annoying and the wolves weren't exactly right either.

"Well the vampires may be completely off in that movie, but they got a couple of things right about the wolves. We wolves look about the same when we're transformed and we do have abilities such as a strong sense of smell and such. But not all wolves look Native American in origin and not all wolves live near mountains. Also, we most certainly don't imprint on our mates. That's rediculous. We have more say in who we choose for a mate than that. We can choose anyone we want, but the male wolves to mark who they're interested in and turn them not long after," Ruby explained.

Relaxing a bit more again, Ruby leaned her head against his shoulder once more. "And speaking of mates or whatever you vampires call your partners, I hope you don't have one if you continue to feel like flirting with me. I'm not really the type who likes to flirt with a taken man," she added. Pre-Curse Ruby could have been tempted to possibly flirt with a married man, but not this version of herself. She didn't care how attractive Thomas was to her or how strong their connection was, she was going to be respectful of someone else's mate.

"No, sorry, haven't seen her around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out."

Armelia extended her hand for a shake. "I'm Armelia Delacra, at your service, and you are?"

@Zaira
Ruby couldnt help but chuckle when Thomas used Twilight as an example for what vampires are not like. Sadly, she knew the movie well. When she had been entirely human and had been cursed, she used to watch it all the time and was even addicted to the characters. After getting her memories back, however, Ruby realized it wasn't really that good. The characters were kind of annoying and the wolves weren't exactly right either.
"Well the vampires may be completely off in that movie, but they got a couple of things right about the wolves. We wolves look about the same when we're transformed and we do have abilities such as a strong sense of smell and such. But not all wolves look Native American in origin and not all wolves live near mountains. Also, we most certainly don't imprint on our mates. That's rediculous. We have more say in who we choose for a mate than that. We can choose anyone we want, but the male wolves to mark who they're interested in and turn them not long after," Ruby explained.
Relaxing a bit more again, Ruby leaned her head against his shoulder once more. "And speaking of mates or whatever you vampires call your partners, I hope you don't have one if you continue to feel like flirting with me. I'm not really the type who likes to flirt with a taken man," she added. Pre-Curse Ruby could have been tempted to possibly flirt with a married man, but not this version of herself. She didn't care how attractive Thomas was to her or how strong their connection was, she was going to be respectful of someone else's mate.
Thomas smiled at her laugh and heard her comparison between real wolves and the ones in Twilight. He was kind of lost, because he had only seen the first movie and he never got to see the wolves. Thomas always thought that it was a great movie for teenagers who want to date vampire, but for a vampire itself it was almost a bad joke. Anyway, it was interesting to hear about her race and he was able to understand almost everything, except for that thing about imprint.

He liked her attitude, it seemed that no matter if she though he was attractive she wouldn't give up to her beliefs, and it was something admirable. "I'm single. And I've also been for a long time." answered her, barely looking at her because the angle wasn't on their favor. The conversation made him think once again on her only real lover. "Actually, technically I am married." added, frowning, but he regretted right away. He didn't even think about it, but a statement like that one would obviously need an explanation, and he knew that talking about it would hurt him as it always did. "I never got a divorce, because I died instead. So I'm still married but my wife is, at the same time, married with someone else." told her with an amused smile on his face, trying to make it into a funny story. Of course, his smile was a big fake, because, he didn't find it funny not even 44 years later.

"Maybe not beat yours... but I think I could give you some healthy competition." Chuckling as he once more tied the mask over his face. Standing upright, he held his hand out again. "Dance with me, Mrs. Rose?" Hasan asked softly before leading her back to the dance floor. He held her close as they danced, smiling softly before he spoke again. "So if I may see you again, where can I take you? Do you like sailboating?" He asked curiously. Although Hasan was a land mammal, he was very comfortable on ships and had over the years found himself handy as a shiphand on fishing boats and stock boats and whatnot else.

@Serpentine

Thomas smiled at her laugh and heard her comparison between real wolves and the ones in Twilight. He was kind of lost, because he had only seen the first movie and he never got to see the wolves. Thomas always thought that it was a great movie for teenagers who want to date vampire, but for a vampire itself it was almost a bad joke. Anyway, it was interesting to hear about her race and he was able to understand almost everything, except for that thing about imprint.

He liked her attitude, it seemed that no matter if she though he was attractive she wouldn't give up to her beliefs, and it was something admirable. "I'm single. And I've also been for a long time." answered her, barely looking at her because the angle wasn't on their favor. The conversation made him think once again on her only real lover. "Actually, technically I am married." added, frowning, but he regretted right away. He didn't even think about it, but a statement like that one would obviously need an explanation, and he knew that talking about it would hurt him as it always did. "I never got a divorce, because I died instead. So I'm still married but my wife is, at the same time, married with someone else." told her with an amused smile on his face, trying to make it into a funny story. Of course, his smile was a big fake, because, he didn't find it funny not even 44 years later.

@Zaira

"Actually, technically I am married."

Ruby felt her heart sink hearing him say those words. She picked her head up off his shoulder and glanced at him, unsure what to think. He was smiling as if he were joking, but was he entirely joking? He seemed to be half serious about everything he said. What if he really was married? If he were hypothetically a vampire Ruby wouldn't mind if he were married and separated from his wife to still be around him. But if he still had a wife she wasn't about to help him cheat on her.

"Thomas, the lines of what is hypothetical or not are starting to get blurry. I do like you, but if you really are married and not separated, we shouldn't be flirting like this. I hope you tell me the truth, if you really do like me, that is," she said, standing up.

As she stood, she finally caught sight of the woman she was looking for to make the trade with. "I'll be right back," she told Thomas as she stated to walk forward. Her sudden attempt at leaving could have been mistaken as leaving because she was upset, but it actually wasn't the truth. She wanted to catch the woman before she lost her again.

Juliet smiled, noticing the little flash of his green eye her eyebrow raised. Normal peoples eyes didn't flash like that.. they also didn't flash gold like hers did. "Sounds like exactly what I want out of life." She said with a longing sigh. "I must admit Cliff, you're really mysterious.." She said, slowly trying to figure him out. He wasn't normal.. this was becoming ever so clear to the young girl and she was so naive to want to know more. Everything about her wanted to know more.. to sniff out the truth. She leaned into him and gave him another smile as she set her glass back down on the table and looked around at the others. The room had begun to fill up and she noticed all the other masked figures. Her eyes settled back on Cliff and she smiled up at him, as he was a bit taller then her. "Looks like we're not alone anymore"

@Zaira
"Actually, technically I am married."
Ruby felt her heart sink hearing him say those words. She picked her head up off his shoulder and glanced at him, unsure what to think. He was smiling as if he were joking, but was he entirely joking? He seemed to be half serious about everything he said. What if he really was married? If he were hypothetically a vampire Ruby wouldn't mind if he were married and separated from his wife to still be around him. But if he still had a wife she wasn't about to help him cheat on her.
"Thomas, the lines of what is hypothetical or not are starting to get blurry. I do like you, but if you really are married and not separated, we shouldn't be flirting like this. I hope you tell me the truth, if you really do like me, that is," she said, standing up.
As she stood, she finally caught sight of the woman she was looking for to make the trade with. "I'll be right back," she told Thomas as she stated to walk forward. Her sudden attempt at leaving could have been mistaken as leaving because she was upset, but it actually wasn't the truth. She wanted to catch the woman before she lost her again.
Her reaction surprised Thomas. It also made him angry. He couldn't believe she almost accused him of being a cheater. Besides, she didn't even give him time to explain himself before she left. He never had talked about her to anyone since he became a vampire, and, the first person he barely mentioned his situation, stood up and left. Of course, Thomas had no idea that there was another reason for Ruby to leave.

Thomas took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair, trying to relax. What was he supposed to do? He certainly didn't believe in her "I'll be right back" and would be pretty awful if things ended up like that, even before anything started. On the other hand, following her and keep talking about her former lover was probably the last thing he wanted to do. Besides, he didn't even understand why would she get mad at him... didn't she listen to the part where he died and her wife married someone else? What did that thing about the line about the hypothetical and the real getting blurry? Did that mean that she didn't believe him? In that case, probably trying to further explain it wouldn't even make a difference...

Before even deciding what was he going to do, he stood up and went after her. He didn't care if she would ever want to be with him, but he just couldn't stand the idea of someone thinking that he would ever be unfaithful to his only love. He didn't take long to catch on her. She seemed to be looking for something, but he didn't care about it and abruptly interrupted her way.
"You can't just say something like that and walk away." told her with a rough but quiet voice that she would hardly recognized. "Of course I like you, but no matter how pretty and amazing you or any other girl may be, I would always rather be with my wife, if I can still call her that. I would always chose her, even if she is all wrinkled now and already has three grandchildren. But I can't because she truly thinks I'm dead, so I'm just pointlessly trying to move on. And I truly am a vampire, just in case that wasn't clear enough." said, talking pretty fast. He only wanted to clarify those things, so he was ready to leave as soon as he finished his little speech.

Cliff smiled, shaking his head as he heard her words. As she leaned in towards him, he could almost see it in her eyes, read it all over her face - she wanted to learn more about him. She wanted to hear his story, she wanted to understand what hid behind his eyes. He kept his warm smile as he looked at her, taking a sip of his drink before taking a moment to look around, examining all the partygoers milling about - some dancing, some drinking, some talking. Some had paired off much as he and Juliet had, others stood on their own, seemingly seeking partners of their own. One pair appeared to be quarrelling, Cliff observed, as the woman turned from the man and hurried off. Cliff raised an eyebrow at the sight of the man - he seemed different, and for a moment, Cliff was certain that the other man was a vampire. Another vampire here? How interesting...

"Believe me, Juliet, I have many stories I can tell you," he said softly, not caring for the fact that the room was filling. "I've been many places, done many things, and had many adventures. Just ask and I will tell you anything you like." Except for the fact that I'm a vampire, he thought to himself, deciding that he would keep that part from her as well as he could. He didn't want to scare the pretty little creature away, and he was certain that this particular fact about him would do exactly that.

"No, sorry, haven't seen her around. I'll be sure to keep an eye out."
Armelia extended her hand for a shake. "I'm Armelia Delacra, at your service, and you are?"
@daird

Annabelle smiled and glanced at the woman, reaching out to shake her hand. "Hi, Armelia, my name is Annabelle. It's nice to meet some people at this party who are so friendly they're actually willing to help me." Her eyes widened as she glanced over Armelia's shoulder, however, and actually spotted the woman she was looking for. "But thankfully, you won't have to help after all. Look over there! There she is!" she exclaimed, her eyes briefly meeting those of the woman wearing the red cloak. "I'm going to go have a talk with her. You're welcome to come along if you want. I'm sure it won't take long." Annabelle began to push her way through the crowd, making her way over to the girl dressed as red riding hood. She saw that the girl was making her way over, so it made things easier to meet up with her.

"I trust you brought what I asked for?" Annabelle questioned, her blue eyes gazing at the woman named Ruby through her mask.

Her reaction surprised Thomas. It also made him angry. He couldn't believe she almost accused him of being a cheater. Besides, she didn't even give him time to explain himself before she left. He never had talked about her to anyone since he became a vampire, and, the first person he barely mentioned his situation, stood up and left. Of course, Thomas had no idea that there was another reason for Ruby to leave.
Thomas took a deep breath and ran his hands through his hair, trying to relax. What was he supposed to do? He certainly didn't believe in her "I'll be right back" and would be pretty awful if things ended up like that, even before anything started. On the other hand, following her and keep talking about her former lover was probably the last thing he wanted to do. Besides, he didn't even understand why would she get mad at him... didn't she listen to the part where he died and her wife married someone else? What did that thing about the line about the hypothetical and the real getting blurry? Did that mean that she didn't believe him? In that case, probably trying to further explain it wouldn't even make a difference...
Before even deciding what was he going to do, he stood up and went after her. He didn't care if she would ever want to be with him, but he just couldn't stand the idea of someone thinking that he would ever be unfaithful to his only love. He didn't take long to catch on her. She seemed to be looking for something, but he didn't care about it and abruptly interrupted her way.
"You can't just say something like that and walk away." told her with a rough but quiet voice that she would hardly recognized. "Of course I like you, but no matter how pretty and amazing you or any other girl may be, I would always rather be with my wife, if I can still call her that. I would always chose her, even if she is all wrinkled now and already has three grandchildren. But I can't because she truly thinks I'm dead, so I'm just pointlessly trying to move on. And I truly am a vampire, just in case that wasn't clear enough." said, talking pretty fast. He only wanted to clarify those things, so he was ready to leave as soon as he finished his little speech.
Annabelle smiled and glanced at the woman, reaching out to shake her hand. "Hi, Armelia, my name is Annabelle. It's nice to meet some people at this party who are so friendly they're actually willing to help me." Her eyes widened as she glanced over Armelia's shoulder, however, and actually spotted the woman she was looking for. "But thankfully, you won't have to help after all. Look over there! There she is!" she exclaimed, her eyes briefly meeting those of the woman wearing the red cloak. "I'm going to go have a talk with her. You're welcome to come along if you want. I'm sure it won't take long." Annabelle began to push her way through the crowd, making her way over to the girl dressed as red riding hood. She saw that the girl was making her way over, so it made things easier to meet up with her.
"I trust you brought what I asked for?" Annabelle questioned, her blue eyes gazing at the woman named Ruby through her mask.
@daird @Zaira

(Both my characters in one post! So I'm tagging both of the people they were interacting with. ^_^ I will have each character speak in a different font color while they are interacting so you guys can tell them apart easier.)

Ruby pushed her way through the crowd, eventually standing before the woman in the blue dress whom she was supposed to meet up with. When Annabelle asked if she brought what Ruby had asked for, Ruby nodded. "Yes, I have it right here in my pocket. And you have what I need?"

"I do in fact have what you need," Annabelle replied, reaching into her own pocket. She took out a small pendant on a gold chain that looked like a full moon. It almost seemed to glow, but that was only because the faint light of the room had caught it just right.

blue_moon_pendant_necklace_wearable_art_pendant_glass_dome_pendant_ba417f93.jpg

Ruby gasped upon seeing it, suddenly excited. Before Annabelle could say anything, she snatched it from her and held it close. "Thank you,'' she said with a smile. "This will really help me out."

Annbelle sighed and reached out to take the pendant back, not about to let Ruby have it until she saw that Ruby had what she wanted as well. "What about what I want? Where is my pendant?"

Ruby blinked, almost forgetting about it. "Ah, right, I have it right--"

Her words were suddenly cut off when Thomas interrupted, grabbing her arm and speaking to her in a firm, serious tone of voice. The tone surprised her a little, since most of the time he had spoken with a relaxed almost playful sounding tone. She bit her lip, realizing she may have offended him. Making this deal was important, but perhaps she should speak with Thomas first.

She turned to Annabelle politely and said, "Can you excuse me for a moment? I'll give you what you need, I just need a moment first."

Annabelle frowned, but nodded. "All right, but hurry up. We haven't got all night." She folded her arms and prepared to wait.

Ruby turned to Thomas, a bit ashamed that she had upset him. She sighed before saying, "I know you're a vampire. I could smell that you weren't like a normal human from the moment I met you. I apologize if I was rude. I suppose part of me was hoping I could find someone wrong with you right now so that I'd have a good excuse to run away. Having feelings for another man have always scared me. I killed the first man I loved by accident, and I don't want to do it again." But maybe Ruby was just being silly. Thomas probably couldn't die like any ordinary man; if anything Thomas was probably hardier than a human. She frowned and glanced down, feeling even worse. "I really am sorry if I offended you. I can tell you love your wife, and that's admirable," she whispered.

Reactions: Nad
Calypso finished her cookie as she drank the rest of her glass of water afterwards to wash it down. The sugar in the cookies gave her a slight boost of energy as she pushed her back off and slowly took her time back to the bar. She placed her glass down for the tender to retrieve it, as she bit back her bottom lip as an idea occurred to her. "Hey there stanger. Why don't you take a break from waiting on all these people and come dance with me?" The music changed just as she mentioned it, and a more seductive tango beat begin to play. The bartender quirked an brow at her as he checked her out and then gave her a pitiful smile. "I apologies Captain, but I have strict orders from the boss, not to mingle with the guest." He bowed and winked with a genuinely smile before walking away.

Blinking as she stood their confused her head dropped as she sighed. She just wanted to have some fun and this night seemed to be a drag. That's when she raised her head up and a vicious smile creped along her red full lips and she hopped onto the bar stool and took out her cell. See, it wasn't always a good thing to be bored when it came to her attention span. She always seemed to get herself into some sort of trouble or heat of mess but that was the sort of fun she thought life was all about. She dialed a number and brought the phone to her ear. "Hey Lulu, how's the party?" The female on the other line answered, "Hey girl! You need to be here! My mom is asking for ya and you don't want her on your bad side. You said you would come right?" Calypso nodded as she straightens up her back and crosses her legs. "As soon as I can. I wanted to spend time with Luca remember? Besides I need a favor…" Her voice lowered as she continued. "I need a party favor number 1. Can you bring it?" A sighed escaped the phone from the other end as Calypso rolled her eyes from the sigh and waited for Lulu to protest. " You're lucky I love you. I'll be there soon to drop it off." With a satisfied smile she responded. "I love you too, be careful." And they both hung up. Now all I gotta to do is distract the guard… She thought to herself as she glanced over to the entrance and wondered if anyone else would show up to the dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
(Both my characters in one post! So I'm tagging both of the people they were interacting with. ^_^ I will have each character speak in a different font color while they are interacting so you guys can tell them apart easier.)
Ruby pushed her way through the crowd, eventually standing before the woman in the blue dress whom she was supposed to meet up with. When Annabelle asked if she brought what Ruby had asked for, Ruby nodded. "Yes, I have it right here in my pocket. And you have what I need?"
"I do in fact have what you need," Annabelle replied, reaching into her own pocket. She took out a small pendant on a gold chain that looked like a full moon. It almost seemed to glow, but that was only because the faint light of the room had caught it just right.
blue_moon_pendant_necklace_wearable_art_pendant_glass_dome_pendant_ba417f93.jpg
Ruby gasped upon seeing it, suddenly excited. Before Annabelle could say anything, she snatched it from her and held it close. "Thank you,'' she said with a smile. "This will really help me out."
Annbelle sighed and reached out to take the pendant back, not about to let Ruby have it until she saw that Ruby had what she wanted as well. "What about what I want? Where is my pendant?"
Ruby blinked, almost forgetting about it. "Ah, right, I have it right--"
Her words were suddenly cut off when Thomas interrupted, grabbing her arm and speaking to her in a firm, serious tone of voice. The tone surprised her a little, since most of the time he had spoken with a relaxed almost playful sounding tone. She bit her lip, realizing she may have offended him. Making this deal was important, but perhaps she should speak with Thomas first.
She turned to Annabelle politely and said, "Can you excuse me for a moment? I'll give you what you need, I just need a moment first."
Annabelle frowned, but nodded. "All right, but hurry up. We haven't got all night." She folded her arms and prepared to wait.
Ruby turned to Thomas, a bit ashamed that she had upset him. She sighed before saying, "I know you're a vampire. I could smell that you weren't like a normal human from the moment I met you. I apologize if I was rude. I suppose part of me was hoping I could find someone wrong with you right now so that I'd have a good excuse to run away. Having feelings for another man have always scared me. I killed the first man I loved by accident, and I don't want to do it again." But maybe Ruby was just being silly. Thomas probably couldn't die like any ordinary man; if anything Thomas was probably hardier than a human. She frowned and glanced down, feeling even worse. "I really am sorry if I offended you. I can tell you love your wife, and that's admirable," she whispered.
Thomas hadn't seen the woman Ruby was talking to until he heard her asking the stranger to excuse her. He glanced at this unknown blonde woman and quickly turned back to the wolf girl. Maybe she was the one Ruby was supposed to meet. He was really embarrassed for interrupting them, it seemed that thinking about his former lover altered him enough to not pay attention to things as this two women talking.

He didn't know how to answer to her explanation. The possibility of killing the woman he loved by accident was the main reason he never went after her. It was probably the worst thing he thought that could happen to someone. Thomas wouldn't be able to keep living after doing something like that, so Ruby had to be a really strong woman. At that moment, he was not only ashamed for interrupting, but also for confronting her like that, when she had perfectly understandable reasons for how she acted.

"Don't worry, it's ok" he managed to say, after a couple of seconds of silence. His tone went back to be the gentle one he was always using and a small, comforting smile crossed his face. "I'm so sorry for interrupting, I didn't realize you were in the middle of something. I'll just wait for you and we can talk later." simply added, keeping his friendly expression. He wasn't sure of what he should tell her and, besides, it wasn't the best moment to talk about it. He looked at the other woman and repeated he was sorry. Thomas moved away from them so that they could continue doing whatever they were doing. Anyway, he kept close enough in case anything happen. After all, Ruby said that this woman could be dangerous if she wanted to, which was something he didn't understood because she looked perfectly human.

Thomas hadn't seen the woman Ruby was talking to until he heard her asking the stranger to excuse her. He glanced at this unknown blonde woman and quickly turned back to the wolf girl. Maybe she was the one Ruby was supposed to meet. He was really embarrassed for interrupting them, it seemed that thinking about his former lover altered him enough to not pay attention to things as this two women talking.

He didn't know how to answer to her explanation. The possibility of killing the woman he loved by accident was the main reason he never went after her. It was probably the worst thing he thought that could happen to someone. Thomas wouldn't be able to keep living after doing something like that, so Ruby had to be a really strong woman. At that moment, he was not only ashamed for interrupting, but also for confronting her like that, when she had perfectly understandable reasons for how she acted.

"Don't worry, it's ok" he managed to say, after a couple of seconds of silence. His tone went back to be the gentle one he was always using and a small, comforting smile crossed his face. "I'm so sorry for interrupting, I didn't realize you were in the middle of something. I'll just wait for you and we can talk later." simply added, keeping his friendly expression. He wasn't sure of what he should tell her and, besides, it wasn't the best moment to talk about it. He looked at the other woman and repeated he was sorry. Thomas moved away from them so that they could continue doing whatever they were doing. Anyway, he kept close enough in case anything happen. After all, Ruby said that this woman could be dangerous if she wanted to, which was something he didn't understood because she looked perfectly human.

@Zaira

Ruby kept her gaze away from Thomas, not saying a word until he spoke to her again. She wasn't sure if he would still be angry with her after hearing her experience or not, but thankfully his voice returned to a gentle tone and he seemed not to be upset anymore. She was thankful that he wasn't either. Ruby wasn't sure what else she could tell him to make him realize how much what had happened to her boyfriend had effected her. Not only had she killed him, Ruby ate him too. She was glad she didn't talk about that to him right now.

Smiling gently, Ruby nodded. "You don't have to apologize. I should be the one apologizing to you for earlier. But all right, I'd like to talk more. Maybe after I'm done here we can go on that walk you offered," she replied before Thomas stepped to the side. Once he moved out of the way, she continued speaking to Annabelle.

"All right, I have what you wanted," Ruby said to her, reaching into her pocket. She felt around in her pocket, frowing when she felt nothing. Quickly, she tried her other pocket but again felt nothing. Her eyes widened.

"Well?" Annabelle questioned.

Ruby turned away. "I-I don't have it. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I was dancing."

"What?! Don't you realize how important that pendant was to me?! We had a deal! You'd better find it..."

Ruby nodded and began to feel on her own person again, realizing it was in her back pocket. She frowned as she took it out, however, holding it out on her palm for Annabelle to see that it was in pieces. It was broken.

Annabelle glared at Ruby with angry eyes. "That charm was special. There was nothing else like it, and you broke it."

Ruby took a step back. "Look, maybe I can figure out something else to trade--"

The woman suddenly grabbed Ruby's cloak to stop her from moving back further, but Ruby took a step regardless and the cloak was pulled off. Ruby continued to step back, not wanting to face the angry glare of the woman in front of her. And she was right to be wary.

Before she could move, the woman shot a blast of ice at Ruby, pinning her to a wall. She could feel pain and an icy chill, along with another sensation...

She could feel her wolf invading her mind with her protective cloak gone.

• Love
Reactions: Nad
With all these supernaturals around, it was inevitable that a fight would break out. However, that didn't mean the violence had to get out of hand.

"Break it up, you two! Do you really want to explain this to the cops?" As Armelia tried to calm the two women down, a shadowbolt appeared in her right hand. She didn't throw it, though. The crackling black lightning was merely a deterrent, meant to keep anyone from attacking her. She wouldn't hesitate to cast the spell if she was attacked, but she wouldn't strike first, either.

Isabelle walking and see Logan."Logan brother dear!!"

Logan turns and walks over to Isabelle "Hello dear sister"

Ellie giggled as Hasan led her to the dance floor. "Healthy competition, huh? I'll take your word for it." she said, giving him a half smile. Ellie felt as Hasan held her close as they started to dance again. She listened as he asked her where they should go, if they see each other again. Ellie laughed a little and let herself be lead around into a small twirl. "I have never been sailing, unfortunately. It's been one of the things one my to-do list after gaining my freedom." she said looking over Hasan. "It's quite funny actually. I never would have thought that you would like sailing, considering." she said, hinting to his real self. "But I don't mind. I would love to go sailing with you." she said softly and sincerely, looking into Hasan's eyes, her smile bright.

@Golden_Finch91

(Sorry for the long reply T_T)

@Zaira
Ruby kept her gaze away from Thomas, not saying a word until he spoke to her again. She wasn't sure if he would still be angry with her after hearing her experience or not, but thankfully his voice returned to a gentle tone and he seemed not to be upset anymore. She was thankful that he wasn't either. Ruby wasn't sure what else she could tell him to make him realize how much what had happened to her boyfriend had effected her. Not only had she killed him, Ruby ate him too. She was glad she didn't talk about that to him right now.
Smiling gently, Ruby nodded. "You don't have to apologize. I should be the one apologizing to you for earlier. But all right, I'd like to talk more. Maybe after I'm done here we can go on that walk you offered," she replied before Thomas stepped to the side. Once he moved out of the way, she continued speaking to Annabelle.
"All right, I have what you wanted," Ruby said to her, reaching into her pocket. She felt around in her pocket, frowing when she felt nothing. Quickly, she tried her other pocket but again felt nothing. Her eyes widened.
"Well?" Annabelle questioned.
Ruby turned away. "I-I don't have it. It must have fallen out of my pocket when I was dancing."
"What?! Don't you realize how important that pendant was to me?! We had a deal! You'd better find it..."
Ruby nodded and began to feel on her own person again, realizing it was in her back pocket. She frowned as she took it out, however, holding it out on her palm for Annabelle to see that it was in pieces. It was broken.
Annabelle glared at Ruby with angry eyes. "That charm was special. There was nothing else like it, and you broke it."
Ruby took a step back. "Look, maybe I can figure out something else to trade--"
The woman suddenly grabbed Ruby's cloak to stop her from moving back further, but Ruby took a step regardless and the cloak was pulled off. Ruby continued to step back, not wanting to face the angry glare of the woman in front of her. And she was right to be wary.
Before she could move, the woman shot a blast of ice at Ruby, pinning her to a wall. She could feel pain and an icy chill, along with another sensation...
She could feel her wolf invading her mind with her protective cloak gone.
He smiled at her when she mentioned the walk they had pending. He liked that idea.

After leaving the two women alone to have a conversation, Thomas went to look for a glass of wine. The beverages wasn't far, so, even if he wasn't trying hard, he could hear the two women speaking. He didn't mean to invade Ruby's privacy, but it was hard to ignore it with his highly developed hearing sense. When the situation started to get a little more tense, he watched them to see what was happening. It took him three seconds to drop the glass and run next to Ruby when she was attacked.

It seemed that the other woman wasn't just a human. She had some odd powers and now Ruby was covered with ice. Thomas stepped in front of her, so that he could prevent some new attack, and started breaking the ice. The vampire was trying to release Ruby before dealing with the attacker. Anyway, after releasing her from all the ice, he realized that there was something more important to do. Ruby didn't seem OK and he quickly noticed that she wasn't wearing her red cloak.

"Let's say this red hood I'm wearing helps keep my power under control. It's enchanted. If I were to take it off, the struggle to keep my wolf side under control would be even harder, hypothetically, of course." Ruby's words echoed in his head as he understood what was about to happen...

She wasn't just hurt and angry from the attack. She was about to turn into a wolf.

Even though he never fought a wolf and wasn't sure if he would be able to handle it, he stayed with her. He had to prevent her from turning and feared that leaving her for a second would allow that to happen. Thomas glanced at the woman that attacked her; she had the red cloak. "You, blonde, bring that red cloak. Now!" shouted at her, before turning back to look at Ruby. He put his hands on both sides of Ruby's face, moving her a little so that she would look at him. "Ruby, my dear, try to calm down. You are safe now, you don't need to turn. Think about all those innocents that would be hurt if that happens." told her with a calm tone, wishing that it would help. "You don't want to hurt anyone."

Last edited:
He smiled at her when she mentioned the walk they had pending. He liked that idea.
After leaving the two women alone to have a conversation, Thomas went to look for a glass of wine. The beverages wasn't far, so, even if he wasn't trying hard, he could hear the two women speaking. He didn't mean to invade Ruby's privacy, but it was hard to ignore it with his highly developed hearing sense. When the situation started to get a little more tense, he watched them to see what was happening. It took him three seconds to drop the glass and run next to Ruby when she was attacked.
It seemed that the other woman wasn't just a human. She had some odd powers and now Ruby was covered with ice. Thomas stepped in front of her, so that he could prevent some new attack, and started breaking the ice. The vampire was trying to release Ruby before dealing with the attacker. Anyway, after releasing her from all the ice, he realized that there was something more important to do. Ruby didn't seem OK and he quickly noticed that she wasn't wearing her red cloak.
"Let's say this red hood I'm wearing helps keep my power under control. It's enchanted. If I were to take it off, the struggle to keep my wolf side under control would be even harder, hypothetically, of course." Ruby's words echoed in his head as he understood what was about to happen...
She wasn't just hurt and angry from the attack. She was about to turn into a wolf.
Even though he never fought a wolf and wasn't sure if he would be able to handle it, he stayed with her. He had to prevent her from turning and feared that leaving her for a second would make that happen. Thomas glanced at the woman that attacked her; she had the red cloak. "You, blonde, bring that red cloak. Now!" shouted at her, before turning back to look at Ruby. He put his hands on both sides of Ruby's face, moving her a little so that she would look at him. "Ruby, my dear, try to calm down. You are safe now, you don't need to turn. Think about all those innocents that would be hurt if that happens." told her with a calm tone, wishing that it would help. "You don't want to hurt anyone."
With all these supernaturals around, it was inevitable that a fight would break out. However, that didn't mean the violence had to get out of hand.
"Break it up, you two! Do you really want to explain this to the cops?" As Armelia tried to calm the two women down, a shadowbolt appeared in her right hand. She didn't throw it, though. The crackling black lightning was merely a deterrent, meant to keep anyone from attacking her. She wouldn't hesitate to cast the spell if she was attacked, but she wouldn't strike first, either.
@Zaira @daird

Gasping, Annabelle dropped a hand down to her sides after shooting the blast of ice at Ruby. She stood still for a moment, staring straight ahead of her and gazing at the ice that encased her. Had she... done that? Annabelle lifted her hands up and looked down at them, uncertain how she had just shot ice from them. She didn't remember that she had ice powers. She didn't remember who she really was.

Vision hazy for a moment before it cleared, Ruby looked up to see a shocked Annabelle standing in front of her. To her side, she could also see Armelia standing close by, holding a strange looking black lightning bold. Apparently, the supernatural were out to play tonight. "I'm not going to hurt anyone," Ruby said to Armelia. "But you might want to make your friend there calm down."

Ruby smiled weakly, grunting when she felt the wolf pressing harder against her more as the seconds progressed. "So you really are the ice queen. I thought that's who you were. I wasn't sure though, so I didn't say anything."

Annabelle's eyes widened. "You know who I am? Tell me!" She lifted her hands and pointed them at Ruby, intending to shoot ice at her again if she didn't tell her anything. The item she wanted from Ruby was a pendant that was to restore her memories. Memories she had lost for an unknown reason. But if Ruby could tell her a little bit about herself, maybe that would help her.

Ruby averted her gaze. "I know that your name is Elsa and--" She twitched, feeling the wolf pressing her thoughts again, distracting her enough to prevent her from speaking again. She barely saw a flash of Thomas' back as he dashed in between herself and the ice queen. When Thomas demanded the cloak back, Annabelle flinched and glanced down at it.

"Why should I? She hasn't given me what I need. Why should I give her anything she needs," the woman hissed. She pointed a hand at both Thomas and Ruby, threatening them. "If either of you make any moves I'll freeze you!"

"I-In a minute I think I'll be moving whether you want me to or not," Ruby mumbled in reply. Twitching, Ruby squeezed her eyes shut and began to breathe heavy. She only opened them again when she felt Thomas' hands gently hold her face. When she looked into his eyes, her own flashed the color of a wolf's briefly. His presence calmed her down for a short moment in time, but she still felt herself struggling. "D-Don't free me from the ice. I-I don't think I can control the wolf. If I break free, make sure I don't hurt anyone even if it means you have to hurt me." She wouldn't hurt someone again. There's no way she could let it happen again.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zaira @daird
Gasping, Annabelle dropped a hand down to her sides after shooting the blast of ice at Ruby. She stood still for a moment, staring straight ahead of her and gazing at the ice that encased her. Had she... done that? Annabelle lifted her hands up and looked down at them, uncertain how she had just shot ice from them. She didn't remember that she had ice powers. She didn't remember who she really was.
Vision hazy for a moment before it cleared, Ruby looked up to see a shocked Annabelle standing in front of her. To her side, she could also see Armelia standing close by, holding a strange looking black lightning bold. Apparently, the supernatural were out to play tonight. "I'm not going to hurt anyone," Ruby said to Armelia. "But you might want to make your friend there calm down."
Ruby smiled weakly, grunting when she felt the wolf pressing harder against her more as the seconds progressed. "So you really are the ice queen. I thought that's who you were. I wasn't sure though, so I didn't say anything."
Annabelle's eyes widened. "You know who I am? Tell me!" She lifted her hands and pointed them at Ruby, intending to shoot ice at her again if she didn't tell her anything. The item she wanted from Ruby was a pendant that was to restore her memories. Memories she had lost for an unknown reason. But if Ruby could tell her a little bit about herself, maybe that would help her.
Ruby averted her gaze. "I know that your name is Elsa and--" She twitched, feeling the wolf pressing her thoughts again, distracting her enough to prevent her from speaking again. She barely saw a flash of Thomas' back as he dashed in between herself and the ice queen. When Thomas demanded the cloak back, Annabelle flinched and glanced down at it.
"Why should I? She hasn't given me what I need. Why should I give her anything she needs," the woman hissed. She pointed a hand at both Thomas and Ruby, threatening them. "If either of you make any moves I'll freeze you!"
"I-In a minute I think I'll be moving whether you want me to or not," Ruby mumbled in reply. Twitching, Ruby squeezed her eyes shut and began to breathe heavy. She only opened them again when she felt Thomas' hands gently hold her face. When she looked into his eyes, her own flashed the color of a wolf's briefly. His presence calmed her down for a short moment in time, but she still felt herself struggling. "D-Don't free me from the ice. I-I don't think I can control the wolf. If I break free, make sure I don't hurt anyone even if it means you have to hurt me." She wouldn't hurt someone again. There's no way she could let it happen again.
He sighed at the stubborn behavior of the "ice queen". Thomas wanted to run after her and make her shut up on a not very pleasant way, but he couldn't leave Ruby. He wasn't scare for her thread; he thought that a human with some ice powers was not a big deal. Anyway, she was definitely an annoyance and it seemed that she would never hear him.

When he focused back at Ruby, he saw her eyes changing for a second and thought that she wouldn't control herself for long. Unluckily, he had removed the ice from her, before she asked not to, so there was nothing holding her back. What should he do? He had no idea how strong she could be on her wolf form and he wasn't willing to hurt her. He probably would if it was necessary anyway, because with all those supernatural things around someone else may do something worse to her. So Thomas decided that if she turned, he would do whatever was necessary to stop her. At that moment, he realized that some of the ice that struck her had barely perforated her skin. He could smell the slightly metallic smell of blood coming from her, and it was delicious. It wasn't strong, but it was enough to turn Thomas' nature into a new problem. His eyes changed, becoming slightly red and having a dilated pupil, and his fangs grew. He quickly pushed himself back and went as far as necessary from Ruby, leaving her alone. Thomas had been really hard to him to hold himself from attacking her.

He closed his eyes and held his breath for a while to relax a little bit. When he was able to think about the situation, he tried to find something to prevent her for turning.

He glanced at the one holding a shadowbolt on her hand. Thomas didn't pay attention to her earlier, but she may be useful now. He wondered for a second what kind of supernatural thing was she, but there was no time for that. "Hey, bring her the red cloak. She'll turn into a wolf otherwise and that will certainly be hard to explain to the cops." told her, in a rough loud voice. He wasn't trying to sound as rude as he sounded, but he didn't care about it either.

Thomas tried to focus on helping Ruby once again, but he couldn't. He could hear several hearts bumping around. Many, many humans dancing and walking with some delicious five liters of blood on their systems. He probably wouldn't be able to help anyone without feeding first.

Armelia let the shadowbolt dissipate into nothingness and went to grab the cloak. If that would help keep this situation under control, then she'd gladly do it. As she gave the cloak to Ruby, she noticed Thomas starting to turn. "Shit. This just keeps better and better."

She didn't need this, but she also didn't want him running amok and feeding from innocents. There was only one option. "Oh, am I going to regret this."

"Feed on me. Turn me if you have to. I don't want you drinking from any humans."

Assuming he did so, and that magical blood was better for vampires than regular blood (which she wasn't sure of), her blood would essentially act as a turbocharger for him. He wouldn't need to feed for the rest of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.