A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas was glad that the pendant worked and a wide smile crossed his face. When the restraints were dissipated and Ruby was starting to change, he approached next to her, just to see if she was OK. Thomas still had a big sting of blood running down his neck and all over his right arm, with some smaller ones matching all over his body. His suit was also a little destroyed, with many holes from Ruby's bites and scratches. He needed to remember to change and clean himself before humans started making questions.
A moment before he could even talk to Ruby, he heard the shadow girl's thread. Thomas was feeling great for their success with no victims, but that made him a little angry. He had hated the blonde girl himself when she refused to give the pendant away, but she clearly changed her attitude and helped them, so she had no right to make her leave. He stood right next to Ruby, just in case they started another fight, but said nothing.
When both Thomas and Ruby stood up for her, Annabelle's eyes widened in surprise. She stepped back, almost more uncomfortable with them being nice to her after she had been selfish than she was with Armelia threatening her. She sighed and began to stroke her blonde hair before turning away from everyone. "I don't feel I deserve to be punished, but I don't feel I deserve your defense either. I've always got through things like this alone, and I'm okay with defending myself. But I thank the two of you for coming to my defense." She stepped back and bowed to Ruby and Thomas before rushing off, heading for one of the back rooms away from everyone participating in the party.

When Annabelle ran off, Ruby let out a sigh and hung her own head for a moment, cleaning her face with one of her paws to try and get some of the blood off herself. Annabelle had been right about what she said, and not just about the part having to do with her own mistakes, but she was right about the ones Ruby had made herself. She felt ashamed, and the fact that some of the humans in the background were still yelling and flipping out because of seeing a wolf wasn't helping. She took a glance toward Thomas and Armelia before rushing off--still in wolf form--as she made her way out of the ballroom area of the party and into another room as well. She ended up in a small sitting room--a different room from the one Annabelle ran into--with a closet for people to hang their coats and a little refrigerator. She hid herself behind the coats and actually blended in fairly well with some of them (there were a few fur coats hanging up) but she was still visible if anyone paid attention, because her tail suck out.

( @Zaira You're welcome to have Thomas follow after Ruby. :3. @daird You're welcome to have Armelia follow after Annabelle or whoever you like for more interaction if you want. Or you can stay in the ballroom. Totally up to you. ^_^ )

When both Thomas and Ruby stood up for her, Annabelle's eyes widened in surprise. She stepped back, almost more uncomfortable with them being nice to her after she had been selfish than she was with Armelia threatening her. She sighed and began to stroke her blonde hair before turning away from everyone. "I don't feel I deserve to be punished, but I don't feel I deserve your defense either. I've always got through things like this alone, and I'm okay with defending myself. But I thank the two of you for coming to my defense." She stepped back and bowed to Ruby and Thomas before rushing off, heading for one of the back rooms away from everyone participating in the party.
When Annabelle ran off, Ruby let out a sigh and hung her own head for a moment, cleaning her face with one of her paws to try and get some of the blood off herself. Annabelle had been right about what she said, and not just about the part having to do with her own mistakes, but she was right about the ones Ruby had made herself. She felt ashamed, and the fact that some of the humans in the background were still yelling and flipping out because of seeing a wolf wasn't helping. She took a glance toward Thomas and Armelia before rushing off--still in wolf form--as she made her way out of the ballroom area of the party and into another room as well. She ended up in a small sitting room--a different room from the one Annabelle ran into--with a closet for people to hang their coats and a little refrigerator. She hid herself behind the coats and actually blended in fairly well with some of them (there were a few fur coats hanging up) but she was still visible if anyone paid attention, because her tail suck out.
( @Zaira You're welcome to have Thomas follow after Ruby. :3. @daird You're welcome to have Armelia follow after Annabelle or whoever you like for more interaction if you want. Or you can stay in the ballroom. Totally up to you. ^_^ )
He watched Annabelle a little surprised. That girl probably didn't have anyone, why would she complaint about people standing for her otherwise? Anyway, there was nothing else to do for her. He just hoped that the shadow girl wouldn't follow her to start some kind of fight. Afterwards, he watched as Ruby left the ballroom, paying attention to which room was she going. It probably wasn't comfortable to be a wolf in the middle of that crowd.
"Em, well, I'm sorry for biting you." told Armelia, a little embarrassed. He never cared about feeding on people, but he used to be a lot more neat and polite. He never looked as the monster he had been that night, desperate for blood. Thomas could still see the wild bite on her neck. Anyway, as soon as he apologized, he left after Ruby.

He was hoping that the reason she left was because she needed to turn and not because she wanted to be alone. Thomas wished to see how was she doing, but he didn't mean to bother her. Anyway, he would have never known if he didn't go after her. The vampire followed her steps into the small room. As soon as he entered, he glanced around but couldn't spot her. Her smell was strong, so she was definitely there. It took him a second glance to see a tail sticking out of the coats. He smiled amused.
"Have you found your entrance to Narnia already?" asked with a playful tone. He thought that to try to cheer her up would be the best.

Last edited:
Armelia wasn't going to chase after Annabelle. Her point had been made, if a little stronger than she should have. The main thing was to check on the wolf girl. It seemed the vampire was doing that, but Armelia was genuinely concerned about her condition. The poor girl was almost certainly distraught at what she had done, and the way she fled had only served to make that obvious.

She followed close behind the vampire, and stopped when he noticed the fluffy tail. She spoke in the wolf's general direction. "Don't worry, it's okay. I'm just glad we managed to fix things without anyone dying."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Zaira

His eyebrows rose in wonder as the girl explained herself and he couldn't help but glance down towards the feather again. Pretty long to be from a native bird. Last time he checked birds with feathers this long tended to be exotic. He waved the seemingly delicate object in his hand a bit, allowing the wind to catch it and stir it. If he just let go even the slightest he knew it would float away to god knows where. He imagined it would be harder asking for another feather if he did happen to lose this one by accident. His attention once again went from the object in front of him to the girl who introduced herself as Adanya. A lovely name though it didn't sound like it was from around here, nor did her love of walking around barefoot. He realized quickly that beings around cities tended to enjoy shoes to the point where they have more than one pair.

Luca's eyes followed Adanya's motions and couldn't help but smile as she stripped off her shoes. That was more like it. Being careful not to topple over he turned and moved gracefully so he could kick his own shoes off his feet. Both the brown worn leather shoes fell to the floor and a moment later so did he as he finally jumped off the banister. Stripping off his socks easily, he bent down only for a moment to take them and place his footwear by his companion's. At a glance it looked strange for just a wine glass and two pairs of shoes to sit side by side, much less for the shoes to look so completely different. Adjusting the mask on his face he smiled and walked towards Adanya, "So where exactly do you come from?" he asked, placing the feather in his pocket though it still stuck out. He extended his hands out in front of him as he stretched and let out a long yawn. It was when he finally dropped his hands to his sides that he began to walk down the decorated concrete steps into the garden.

The ground felt cold beneath his feet yet it was still beyond better than wearing shoes. Tilting his head back towards the female he smiled and offered a hand up to her. Though the feather felt nice he wanted to feel her hands and maybe that would offer some clue as to what she was, along with her answer of course.

@Golden_Finch91

Adanya watched Luca as he admired the feather clasped between his fingers as if it was mysterious. She supposed however, considering the circumstances, that it was quite mysterious considering its origins. Wondering if she should tell the truth, Adanya decided she could go with the truth until Luca got too curious about her origins. He didn't quite smell human, and she wasn't either - so the waters were rough as to how much she could trust him. "I'm from a small fishing village in South Africa, my brother and I received invitations to this party and he determined we were both to go whether I wanted to or not." She shot him a look somewhere between amusement and a grimace following the statement, which then turned into slight surprise when he offered his hand. With little thought, she did take his hand and allow him to steady her while she went down the ornate steps. She wondered if he would mind her fishing hands, although they were soft, they were also calloused in placed where she had worked fish or other prey for the villagers.

"My brother is a sailor and a fisherman, while I take help him take care of his catches I also hunt to help feed the children." She paused as they came down to the last step, pulling her hand back to hold part of her opaque skirt away from her ankles as she walked. "Now I've told you where I'm from, where might you have arrived from, Luca?" She asked softly, looking at him as he walked beside her. She could hear the fountain a bit deeper into the garden, the tall bushes slightly muffling the sound. Adanya could smell roses somewhere as well, with other floral arrangements of course - but the scent of the roses was her favorite. She took note to seek them out after the found the fountain.

@dreamthief

He watched Annabelle a little surprised. That girl probably didn't have anyone, why would she complaint about people standing for her otherwise? Anyway, there was nothing else to do for her. He just hoped that the shadow girl wouldn't follow her to start some kind of fight. Afterwards, he watched as Ruby left the ballroom, paying attention to which room was she going. It probably wasn't comfortable to be a wolf in the middle of that crowd.
"Em, well, I'm sorry for biting you." told Armelia, a little embarrassed. He never cared about feeding on people, but he used to be a lot more neat and polite. He never looked as the monster he had been that night, desperate for blood. Thomas could still see the wild bite on her neck. Anyway, as soon as he apologized, he left after Ruby.
He was hoping that the reason she left was because she needed to turn and not because she wanted to be alone. Thomas wished to see how was she doing, but he didn't mean to bother her. Anyway, he would have never known if he didn't go after her. The vampire followed her steps into the small room. As soon as he entered, he glanced around but couldn't spot her. Her smell was strong, so she was definitely there. It took him a second glance to see a tail sticking out of the coats. He smiled amused.
"Have you found your entrance to Narnia already?" asked with a playful tone. He thought that to try to cheer her up would be the best.
Armelia wasn't going to chase after Annabelle. Her point had been made, if a little stronger than she should have. The main thing was to check on the wolf girl. It seemed the vampire was doing that, but Armelia was genuinely concerned about her condition. The poor girl was almost certainly distraught at what she had done, and the way she fled had only served to make that obvious.
She followed close behind the vampire, and stopped when he noticed the fluffy tail. She spoke in the wolf's general direction. "Don't worry, it's okay. I'm just glad we managed to fix things without anyone dying."
(Going to switch back to not changing the color of my font. I'm only going to change it when both of my characters are interacting in the same post. XD)

@Zaira @daird

The inside of the closet smelled like old moth balls to Ruby. Disliking the smell, she wiggled her nose and tried to ignore it. Unfortunately, ignoring it wasn't too difficult. Thoughts of what had happened in the ballroom were bothering her. They reminded her of something that had happened not too long ago at her home of StoryBrooke. Someone in town had died and right away they wanted to blame it on the wolf. Ruby even blamed herself. If they said she was a monster they were probably right, and she wanted to give them the monster they desired. She presented herself to the town in wolf form, intent on letting them kill her, but was interrupted when a good friend of hers stopped them. Though many people did treat her like a monster, there were still at least one or two floating around who still treated her like a human.

"Have you found your entrance to Narnia already?"

Shaking her from her thoughts, the first voice Ruby heard was that of Thomas' as he entered her room. He was pretty good at finding her, it seemed. In most other situations Ruby probably would have laughed at his comment and even joked back, but right now she just wasn't feeling up to it. She remained quiet until she heard Armelia speak as well.

"Don't worry, it's okay. I'm just glad we managed to fix things without anyone dying."

Ruby was surprised that the both of them had come to comfort her. Part of her was grateful for it too. If nobody ever helped her out, she probably would become the monster everyone feared her to be.

Slowly, she turned around and exited the closet, looking up at the two who had helped her. She gently nudged Thomas' hand with her nose and turned to do the same toward Armelia before she began to change back to her human self. Once she was back to normal, she dropped to her knees, feeling a little dizzy and tired. "I'm sorry that had to happen. I tried to keep control, but I just lost it. I hope I didn't hurt either of you," she said, worried.

Hasan chuckled softly. "No worries my Rose, I can take the lead." He decided to take advantage of the moment and took both her hands to lace them around his neck as he wrapped his around her waist. "Relax, and just follow me." Hasan lead the dance, growing quiet as he focused on how he held her and her chin mere inches from his shoulder, her breaths sharp with nerves close to his ear. "You are great at dancing, I don't know what you're so worried about. Surely I could dance with anyone but after dancing with you it can only be you." He smiled, closing his eyes as they lost themselves in the dance.

Although Hasan knew Adanya would make fun of him for being so soft, he didn't mind because Ellie would be worth it. He felt a strong attraction to her already, a connection that was not easy to find at some random masquerade with some random girl. It was as if the gods were smiling on Hasan tonight.

@Serpentine

(Going to switch back to not changing the color of my font. I'm only going to change it when both of my characters are interacting in the same post. XD)
@Zaira @daird
The inside of the closet smelled like old moth balls to Ruby. Disliking the smell, she wiggled her nose and tried to ignore it. Unfortunately, ignoring it wasn't too difficult. Thoughts of what had happened in the ballroom were bothering her. They reminded her of something that had happened not too long ago at her home of StoryBrooke. Someone in town had died and right away they wanted to blame it on the wolf. Ruby even blamed herself. If they said she was a monster they were probably right, and she wanted to give them the monster they desired. She presented herself to the town in wolf form, intent on letting them kill her, but was interrupted when a good friend of hers stopped them. Though many people did treat her like a monster, there were still at least one or two floating around who still treated her like a human.
"Have you found your entrance to Narnia already?"
Shaking her from her thoughts, the first voice Ruby heard was that of Thomas' as he entered her room. He was pretty good at finding her, it seemed. In most other situations Ruby probably would have laughed at his comment and even joked back, but right now she just wasn't feeling up to it. She remained quiet until she heard Armelia speak as well.
"Don't worry, it's okay. I'm just glad we managed to fix things without anyone dying."
Ruby was surprised that the both of them had come to comfort her. Part of her was grateful for it too. If nobody ever helped her out, she probably would become the monster everyone feared her to be.
Slowly, she turned around and exited the closet, looking up at the two who had helped her. She gently nudged Thomas' hand with her nose and turned to do the same toward Armelia before she began to change back to her human self. Once she was back to normal, she dropped to her knees, feeling a little dizzy and tired. "I'm sorry that had to happen. I tried to keep control, but I just lost it. I hope I didn't hurt either of you," she said, worried.
Thomas was glad that Armelia came to say something actually useful. He watched Ruby as she exited the closet with a comforting smile on his face. He wanted to tell her that it was ok, that this whole thing wasn't her fault, but he couldn't find the right words to make it sound real. Thomas understood what was she going through and he hated it. The vampire couldn't tell why the sad look on the wolf's eyes made him want to do whatever he could to cheer her up. It had been a long time since he was concerned about someone else's feelings. He wasn't a ruthless vampire, but he always believed that suffering was a normal process. That was why it was so strange for him to care that much. Maybe it was because it made him remember the first years of his existence as a blood drinker, before he could make peace with himself. Or maybe he just cared for her.

When Ruby fell on her knees, he crouched down himself, so that they would both be at the same height. He put a lock of her hair behind her ear before speaking to her. "Don't worry. We are perfectly fine, just as everyone else. Don't blame it on you, it was only an harmless accident." told her looking into her eyes, meaning every word of it. It was true that she bit him a few times and scratched him a little, but they were minor damages and his wounds were already healed. Besides, it was probably not even as bad as what he did to Armelia. Afterwards, he stood up once again and, with a slightly smile on his face, he offered her a hand to help her stand up.

Last edited:
Thomas was glad that Armelia came to say something actually useful. He watched Ruby as she exited the closet with a comforting smile on his face. He wanted to tell her that it was ok, that this whole thing wasn't her fault, but he couldn't find the right words to make it sound real. Thomas understood what was she going through and he hated it. The vampire couldn't tell why the sad look on the wolf's eyes made him want to do whatever he could to cheer her up. It had been a long time since he was concerned about someone else's feelings. He wasn't a ruthless vampire, but he always believed that suffering was a normal process. That was why it was so strange for him to care that much. Maybe it was because it made him remember the first years of his existence as a blood drinker, before he could make peace with himself. Or maybe he just cared for her.

When Ruby fell on her knees, he crouched down himself, so that they would both be at the same height. He put a lock of her hair behind her ear before speaking to her. "Don't worry. We are perfectly fine, just as everyone else. Don't blame it on you, it was only an harmless accident." told her looking into her eyes, meaning every word of it. It was true that she bit him a few times and scratched him a little, but they were minor damages and his wounds were already healed. Besides, it was probably not even as bad as what he did to Armelia. Afterwards, he stood up once again and, with a slightly smile on his face, he offered her a hand to help her stand up.

@daird @Zaira

Ruby kept her gaze averted from Thomas until she felt him brush a lock of her hair behind her ear. She relaxed a little and looked back up, noticing him look into her eyes as he spoke. She was relieved to learn that both he and Armelia were all right, and felt even more reassured when Thomad stated it was only an HARMLESS accident. She normally hated the word accident, but throwing the word harmless in front of it made it seem better. Still, she took her time before she took his hand and stood back up.

"I'm still not so happy about this, but thanks for being so nice about it. What happened to the woman I was talking to? Annabelle, I think her alias was. I'm pretty sure her real name was Elsa, though she may not know it. Apparently she lost her memories. I'm not sure what happened, but she's gone now," Ruby said with a sigh.

Glancing down at her own person, Ruby realized something else. "My cloak is gone. I need it back," she said, slightly worried. Now that her memories were clearing up, she realized Elsa had frozen the cloak and it was still in the ballroom. She'd have to go back and get it soon.

(By the way, the cloak can only be unfrozen by Elsa. So they'll need to bring it to her later. XD)

@daird @Zaira
Ruby kept her gaze averted from Thomas until she felt him brush a lock of her hair behind her ear. She relaxed a little and looked back up, noticing him look into her eyes as he spoke. She was relieved to learn that both he and Armelia were all right, and felt even more reassured when Thomad stated it was only an HARMLESS accident. She normally hated the word accident, but throwing the word harmless in front of it made it seem better. Still, she took her time before she took his hand and stood back up.
"I'm still not so happy about this, but thanks for being so nice about it. What happened to the woman I was talking to? Annabelle, I think her alias was. I'm pretty sure her real name was Elsa, though she may not know it. Apparently she lost her memories. I'm not sure what happened, but she's gone now," Ruby said with a sigh.
Glancing down at her own person, Ruby realized something else. "My cloak is gone. I need it back," she said, slightly worried. Now that her memories were clearing up, she realized Elsa had frozen the cloak and it was still in the ballroom. She'd have to go back and get it soon.
(By the way, the cloak can only be unfrozen by Elsa. So they'll need to bring it to her later. XD)
He was glad she was at least standing up. She didn't look great, but she did look a little better. Thomas was already missing the smiles on her face, but he would probably have to wait for that.

"I think she went to hide herself in some other room." answered her, assuming she was talking about the blonde woman. He did not remember exactly where she went, but she couldn't be far. Thomas thought about where her cloak was and remembered seeing it frozen in the ballroom. Anyway, it should already melted down. "Well, let's go find it." added, walking to the door. Normally, he would probably have added some kind of sarcastic or funny commentary about red riding hood without her hood, but he kept it for himself. Jokes didn't seem to cheer her up. He opened the door and waited for the two women to go first.

Armelia was somewhat confused. "What I don't understand is why you need the cloak when you have the amulet. Seems to me they should both do the same thing. Is it just about comfort, or what?"

She then thought for a second about Elsa, or Annabelle, or whatever her name was. If she'd suffered amnesia recently, that changed the perspective somewhat. Armelia still didn't condone her actions in the ballroom, but at least she understood. Unfortunately, while had Armelia had a little training in amnesia-causing spells, healing wasn't a skill of dark magic. There wasn't anything she could do about this.

Ellie blushed heavily as Hasan gently took her hands and placed them around his neck. Her breaths were slightly ragged with nerves, but slowed when they started dancing to the slow beat, getting lost in the rhythm. Ellie sighed and hesitated before gently pressing her forehead against Hasan's shoulder. She felt safe, for some reason, when they were together. "Thank you so much, Sir Hasan. I've never been so happy in my entire life." Ellie said softly, lifting her head and smiling gently. It was true. She felt so close to Hasan already and nothing could make her night better. Even though they had met not too long ago, Ellie felt some sort of feeling she had never felt before. She closed her green eyes softly and laid her head on Hasan's shoulder once again, following his lead as she continued to dance.

@Golden_Finch91

Last edited by a moderator:
He was glad she was at least standing up. She didn't look great, but she did look a little better. Thomas was already missing the smiles on her face, but he would probably have to wait for that.

"I think she went to hide herself in some other room." answered her, assuming she was talking about the blonde woman. He did not remember exactly where she went, but she couldn't be far. Thomas thought about where her cloak was and remembered seeing it frozen in the ballroom. Anyway, it should already melted down. "Well, let's go find it." added, walking to the door. Normally, he would probably have added some kind of sarcastic or funny commentary about red riding hood without her hood, but he kept it for himself. Jokes didn't seem to cheer her up. He opened the door and waited for the two women to go first.
Armelia was somewhat confused. "What I don't understand is why you need the cloak when you have the amulet. Seems to me they should both do the same thing. Is it just about comfort, or what?"

She then thought for a second about Elsa, or Annabelle, or whatever her name was. If she'd suffered amnesia recently, that changed the perspective somewhat. Armelia still didn't condone her actions in the ballroom, but at least she understood. Unfortunately, while had Armelia had a little training in amnesia-causing spells, healing wasn't a skill of dark magic. There wasn't anything she could do about this.

@Zaira @daird

"I sure hope it's melted down," Ruby said with a sigh. "Her magic ice looked enchanted to me, and enchanted ice can only melt if the one who casted the spell melts it," she explained. Keeping her fingers crossed, Ruby began to walk toward the door hoping her cloak was still out there. After a moment, she glanced to Armelia to reply to her statement.

"That's a good question. Yes, this pendant gives me complete control over my powers so I don't need my cloak. In fact, I can even change into a wolf without the full moon because of this pendant." Ruby touched the moon pendant lightly, grateful to have it now. It's power would certainly make her life easier. "So to answer your question, yes, I don't really need my cloak, but it's special to me because I've had it since I was small. My grandmother gave it to me," she explained.

@Zaira @daird
"I sure hope it's melted down," Ruby said with a sigh. "Her magic ice looked enchanted to me, and enchanted ice can only melt if the one who casted the spell melts it," she explained. Keeping her fingers crossed, Ruby began to walk toward the door hoping her cloak was still out there. After a moment, she glanced to Armelia to reply to her statement.
"That's a good question. Yes, this pendant gives me complete control over my powers so I don't need my cloak. In fact, I can even change into a wolf without the full moon because of this pendant." Ruby touched the moon pendant lightly, grateful to have it now. It's power would certainly make her life easier. "So to answer your question, yes, I don't really need my cloak, but it's special to me because I've had it since I was small. My grandmother gave it to me," she explained.
"Oh..." Thomas said, disappointed, hearing about the ice. When they were trying to control Ruby, Annabelle tried to melt the ice but she had no idea how to do it, so that task might take them long. Afterwards, he frowned a little. "How do you know so much about enchanted ice? And about all those things about Annabelle or Elsa that it seems that she doesn't even know them herself?" asked with curiosity. Every time she spoke, it appeared to know Annabelle just as an acquaintance, but she sure knew a lot about her nature.

Thomas smiled at the answer she gave Armelia. It sounded awesome to be able to shift into a wolf, and control it, whenever you can. A surely other reason for his smile were her similarities with the story of red riding hood. Of course, she was as a new version of it because she actually was the wolf, but the image of her grandmother giving her the red cloak was still amusing. Of course, Thomas would have never imagined that she actually was red riding hood.

"Oh..." Thomas said, disappointed, hearing about the ice. When they were trying to control Ruby, Annabelle tried to melt the ice but she had no idea how to do it, so that task might take them long. Afterwards, he frowned a little. "How do you know so much about enchanted ice? And about all those things about Annabelle or Elsa that it seems that she doesn't even know them herself?" asked with curiosity. Every time she spoke, it appeared to know Annabelle just as an acquaintance, but she sure knew a lot about her nature.
Thomas smiled at the answer she gave Armelia. It sounded awesome to be able to shift into a wolf, and control it, whenever you can. A surely other reason for his smile were her similarities with the story of red riding hood. Of course, she was as a new version of it because she actually was the wolf, but the image of her grandmother giving her the red cloak was still amusing. Of course, Thomas would have never imagined that she actually was red riding hood.
@Zaira @daird

Ruby rubbed the back of her head, unsure exactly how she would answer Thomas' question. She knew a lot of little things that made it seem like she knew a lot about Elsa when she really didn't. "I know a lot about enchanted ice because I know a lot about other spells. Where I come from, there are quite a few people who know how to do magic. And though I don't know how to do magic myself, talk about it gets around. As for what I know about Elsa, I know those things because she actually showed up in my town not so long ago. She was there for a while and I saw her at a distance a few times. From what I learned, she was queen with ice magic. I never spoke to her or saw her up close though. Eventually, she disappeared from town and nobody had seen her in a long time. But one day, this woman who looks like her shows up wanting to make a trade with me for a magical item she bought from Mr. Gold's-- I mean--the town pawn shop. I agreed, but was still suspicious of who she really could be. That's why I offered to meet her here at this party," Ruby explained. "How or why she lost her memories, I'm not exactly sure."

Walking out of the room, Ruby made her way back into the ballroom with Thomas and Armelia, frowning as she spotted her cloak on the floor still frozen solid. She knelt down by the side of it and touched it. "It's just as I feared. This thing is still frozen. We need to track down Elsa and have her unfreeze it." She paused, sniffing the air. "Plus, I think she needs help. I can smell the blood on her. She's still bleeding." Ruby glanced to Thomas, slightly worried. "I'm surprised you aren't going crazy right now. If I can smell that blood in the air, you can probably smell it ten times stronger than I can." Ruby had no idea that Thomas had drank any blood from Armelia, but even if she had Ruby would still likely be worried about the smell of blood getting to him.

@Zaira @daird
Ruby rubbed the back of her head, unsure exactly how she would answer Thomas' question. She knew a lot of little things that made it seem like she knew a lot about Elsa when she really didn't. "I know a lot about enchanted ice because I know a lot about other spells. Where I come from, there are quite a few people who know how to do magic. And though I don't know how to do magic myself, talk about it gets around. As for what I know about Elsa, I know those things because she actually showed up in my town not so long ago. She was there for a while and I saw her at a distance a few times. From what I learned, she was queen with ice magic. I never spoke to her or saw her up close though. Eventually, she disappeared from town and nobody had seen her in a long time. But one day, this woman who looks like her shows up wanting to make a trade with me for a magical item she bought from Mr. Gold's-- I mean--the town pawn shop. I agreed, but was still suspicious of who she really could be. That's why I offered to meet her here at this party," Ruby explained. "How or why she lost her memories, I'm not exactly sure."
Walking out of the room, Ruby made her way back into the ballroom with Thomas and Armelia, frowning as she spotted her cloak on the floor still frozen solid. She knelt down by the side of it and touched it. "It's just as I feared. This thing is still frozen. We need to track down Elsa and have her unfreeze it." She paused, sniffing the air. "Plus, I think she needs help. I can smell the blood on her. She's still bleeding." Ruby glanced to Thomas, slightly worried. "I'm surprised you aren't going crazy right now. If I can smell that blood in the air, you can probably smell it ten times stronger than I can." Ruby had no idea that Thomas had drank any blood from Armelia, but even if she had Ruby would still likely be worried about the smell of blood getting to him.
Thomas nodded slightly hearing her answer, he finally understood the whole thing about her deal with Elsa. The fact that she knew about those things actually surprised him because he didn't know a thing about magic. He barely interacted with other magical creatures, and he still had no idea about the enormous variety of supernatural creatures that existed, or what was the shadow girl, for example. Still, he thought that the world was a little more interesting that way. At least immortality wouldn't be boring for a while.

He sighed when he saw the frozen cloak. She was certainly right about that magic ice thing. The second she mentioned the blood in the air, he started feeling it. As he was well fed and wasn't paying attention, the smell of blood just got mixed with every other smell in the ballroom. But, of course, he could easily trace it down if he wanted to. He thought about Ruby's words for a second, and it was a little weird to not be even a bit tempted with the smell. He wouldn't go crazy as she said after recently feeding, but he should still feel the wish to "take a small bite". It seemed that the blood from Armelia had a great effect on him.

"Let's say your nature isn't the only one that takes control of its body sometimes. So, I've been forced to have a snack recently. Luckily, from a volunteer." told her. The fact of losing control of himself after all those years, just because of a few drops of blood, still embarrassed him, so he didn't look at her or to Armelia while he spoke. Probably, the only reason he explained her the situation was to make her feel a little better somehow, letting her know that she was not the only one who went through those situations. They both had different needs and powers than humans, and getting used to them took several years. Several years of losing and gaining control. Besides, even if she might not remember, she saw him when he lost it. "We should go find her." added, taking a deep breath. He looked around and spotted a room, where the smell came from. He started heading that way but stopped. He turned around and grabbed the big piece of ice, so that they could take it to Elsa. Magical ice was exceptionally heavy, but nothing that an average vampire couldn't handle.

Last edited:
"I must ask, Mr. Vampire, how did I taste?" Armelia then turned to Ruby. "Do you have any idea where the ice magician went? I need to apologize to her, if nothing else. I was still feeling the strain of the... situation I had recently been in."

Thomas nodded slightly hearing her answer, he finally understood the whole thing about her deal with Elsa. The fact that she knew about those things actually surprised him because he didn't know a thing about magic. He barely interacted with other magical creatures, and he still had no idea about the enormous variety of supernatural creatures that existed, or what was the shadow girl, for example. Still, he thought that the world was a little more interesting that way. At least immortality wouldn't be boring for a while.
He sighed when he saw the frozen cloak. She was certainly right about that magic ice thing. The second she mentioned the blood in the air, he started feeling it. As he was well fed and wasn't paying attention, the smell of blood just got mixed with every other smell in the ballroom. But, of course, he could easily trace it down if he wanted to. He thought about Ruby's words for a second, and it was a little weird to not be even a bit tempted with the smell. He wouldn't go crazy as she said after recently feeding, but he should still feel the wish to "take a small bite". It seemed that the blood from Armelia had a great effect on him.
"Let's say your nature isn't the only one that takes control of its body sometimes. So, I've been forced to have a snack recently. Luckily, from a volunteer." told her. The fact of losing control of himself after all those years, just because of a few drops of blood, still embarrassed him, so he didn't look at her or to Armelia while he spoke. Probably, the only reason he explained her the situation was to make her feel a little better somehow, letting her know that she was not the only one who went through those situations. They both had different needs and powers than humans, and getting used to them took several years. Several years of losing and gaining control. Besides, even if she might not remember, she saw him when he lost it. "We should go find her." added, taking a deep breath. He looked around and spotted a room, where the smell came from. He started heading that way but stopped. He turned around and grabbed the big piece of ice, so that they could take it to Elsa. Magical ice was exceptionally heavy, but nothing that an average vampire couldn't handle.
"I must ask, Mr. Vampire, how did I taste?" Armelia then turned to Ruby. "Do you have any idea where the ice magician went? I need to apologize to her, if nothing else. I was still feeling the strain of the... situation I had recently been in."
@Zaira @daird

After hearing Thomas explanation and Armelia asking how she tasted, it wasn't hard for Ruby to figure out that she had been the volunteer Thomas spoke of. It relieved her a little bit to know he had already snacked a little and wasn't thirsting for blood as much as he had been before. "Oh, thank you then, Miss," she said to Armelia, smiling lightly. "You've done all of this to help us, but I don't think I've even asked your name. My name is Ruby, and this is Thomas," she explained. "By the way, what was that power you used earlier?" she asked Armelia. "I know a little bit about magic, but I've never seen anyone use anything like that before."

When she asked where the "ice magician" had gone, Ruby began to sniff the air. "I don't know for certain where she went, but I can find her. Finding people or objects is generally my specialty. I can smell both the queen and the blood coming from her, so it will be easy enough for me to track where she's gone. Thankfully it wasn't far. Just follow me," she said, glancing back to see Thomas pick up the chunk of ice with her cloak inside it. She thanked him and started to walk ahead, leading the way so they could find Annabelle. "Sorry to drag the both of you into this, by the way," Ruby said to Thomas and Armelia. The two of them had probably come just to enjoy a quiet party, not get involved in something dangerous.

"My name's Armelia, Come to think of it, I never got your name either. As for what that power was, it was dark magic, shadow magic to be specific. I'm a dark fae, which means that I'm about as close as you can get to being dark magic personified without, you know, actually being made of dark magic. I'm also pretty old, so I've had a long time to practice."

@Zaira @daird
After hearing Thomas explanation and Armelia asking how she tasted, it wasn't hard for Ruby to figure out that she had been the volunteer Thomas spoke of. It relieved her a little bit to know he had already snacked a little and wasn't thirsting for blood as much as he had been before. "Oh, thank you then, Miss," she said to Armelia, smiling lightly. "You've done all of this to help us, but I don't think I've even asked your name. My name is Ruby, and this is Thomas," she explained. "By the way, what was that power you used earlier?" she asked Armelia. "I know a little bit about magic, but I've never seen anyone use anything like that before."
When she asked where the "ice magician" had gone, Ruby began to sniff the air. "I don't know for certain where she went, but I can find her. Finding people or objects is generally my specialty. I can smell both the queen and the blood coming from her, so it will be easy enough for me to track where she's gone. Thankfully it wasn't far. Just follow me," she said, glancing back to see Thomas pick up the chunk of ice with her cloak inside it. She thanked him and started to walk ahead, leading the way so they could find Annabelle. "Sorry to drag the both of you into this, by the way," Ruby said to Thomas and Armelia. The two of them had probably come just to enjoy a quiet party, not get involved in something dangerous.
"You tasted pretty good actually. Just not salty enough." teased her, answering her question, with a half smile. It was still not a topic he would enjoy talking about, but he couldn't find another way of answering that did not contain some quantity of sarcasm. He never had the chance of talking about that with the ones he usually drank from, because most of them weren't volunteers and wouldn't take it so good.

He could also track down the place where Annabelle was, but he just let Ruby lead the way. Thomas winked at her when she thanked him and put the chunk of ice beneath his arm. At hearing her apology, a slightly smile crossed his face. It had actually been a very interesting party because of her. Thomas imagined what would he be doing in that moment if they hadn't met, and he would probably be pathetically courting some boring human, so he was actually thankful. The vampire would have said something about it, but he didn't want to interrupt their conversation. He rather heard it instead.

A dark fae? Well, that was certainly something he didn't imagine. Probably because he had no idea those existed. "You certainly don't look as a dark creature, not after everything you've done to help this people around. It seems that most supernatural stereotypes are not right." said, sharing his thought. It was interesting to see how humans deviated reality into unreal stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.