A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luca jumped back, attempting to dodge the onslaught of water being squirted at him but failed. It was when his back his the wall that he turned and took off towards the bar a little more, "I knew you were crazy," he yelled behind him only to turn and see her putting away her water guns. He'd have to confiscate those from her quickly if he was going to make through this night. He stopped in his tracked, waiting till she got close enough to him until he walked alongside her again. The closer they got to the bar the more he attempted to groom himself, or at least, get all the water off of him. He would have rather been in a pool than have little annoying drops on him. He brought a fist to his cheek and rubbed away the water before looking to her again, "I'd rather have been thrown into those falls then be molested by those contraptions," he looked down to her sides with a wary expression.

Instead of taking a place on the bar stood beside her he stayed standing, "If you harass the bartender like you did me I won't help fight to keep you in this place of prestige," he warned playfully, leaning a hip on the wall. It was at the approach of another girl that he looked from his companion to her. "Looks like you've got a twin," he said, only to taunt her yet again. He gestured to the approaching girl before looking back at the bar innocently as if he hadn't seen her at all. He, despite not looking to the girl grinned at her words to his friend. Oh that would only get his companion's ego going. He huffed, attempting to hold back a remark when he saw another darker female come to the bar and leave just as quick. His eyes followed her as she moved along the wall and eventually to a set of doors he didn't see before and rose a brow.

With a glance to his companion he walked towards her, moving his hand to her hips briefly as he snatched a pink squirt gun away and took off from there. He almost ran across the ball room after that, just in case Calypso was in pursuit. Hopefully the other pirate girl was chatting her up. He would have hated for Calypso to turn and squirt him while his back was turned. Last thing he needed was a soggy shirt. He slowed down when he got half way across the large room and walked the rest of the way to the balcony doors, bowing to who he saw looking at him. When he finally arrived at his destination he slipped through the half open doors and closed them behind him. The cool night breeze hit him along his face and he beamed at the feeling. It took him only a second to find who he was looking for under the soft glow of the lanterns. "So, what brings you out here all alone?" he asked, not wanting to approach the girl until she knew he was here.

He spared a glance behind him to check if he was clear of any waddling pirated before pushing himself off the closed doors and walking towards the female. "And another question," he said once he had her attention and his eyes went to her large feathery mask, "May I have a feather?" the closer he got to her the more he realized it was an amazing view. He had seen better but by far this view topped it off for this night. He would have asked for a lantern but somehow he doubted they were this female's to give out. His eyes went from the view and back to the woman's feathers, "You are not obligated to say yes," he teased looking to her face finally. Oh, pretty.

@Golden_Finch91 and @Poetic Justice and @daird

Adanya sat in silence for a bit, her wine once again gone as she looked at the ballroom beyond the doorway. A body approaching through the doorway was unexpected, especially when he closed the door and headed toward her. He did not appear to be predatorial but she felt her muscles tense up slightly.

"I needed fresh air. It was getting stuffy in there." She said softly, her african accent mildly showing through. It was only when she was really angry and talking quickly that her accent became thicker and harder to comprehend. The blonde man was close enough that she could see some details in the man. He was not unattractive, but him asking for a feather was unexpected as well. "I suppose you may." Adanya reached to the backside of the mask and withdrew one of the long feathers with a light pull. Setting her glass down she examined it for any deformities. "Yes, this one will do." She held it out for him to take as she examined his face.

"An odd request from a stranger however." Adanya slid down to stand on her heels which enhanced her height. Barefoot the woman was barely 5'3 and the shoes bumped her up to a 5'6 thank goodness as her brother was exactly 6 feet tall. A little height helped her when she stood beside him. Leaning her hip against the banister, Adanya toyed with one of the glittering strings of jewels hanging from her neck. "Although you would not be a stranger if you introduced yourself..." She suggested softly, shrugging lightly as she tilted her head, a content, slightly bemused smirk crossing her face.

@dreamthief

She waved off Luca being so dramatic with a "pssh" and yet she held a secret grin of amusement as she took note, that she would need to stop by into the bathrooms to fill her water guns up before the end of the night. She responded, "If I harass the bartender maybe he'll dance with me." She sticks her tongue out at him as she threatens him playfully back.

She turned her attention back toward the room as her eyes watched more people attending the ballroom floor. She twirled the ends of her black silky curly hair between her finger tips, as she gazed off daydreaming. Her body swayed to the music as she watched the lovely couples dance, enchantingly with the melody. Oh, how deep down did she crave such romance and yearned to play thwe part of a princess. What girl doesn't? Speaking to herself she said softly, "Just to spend a romantic evening with someone is what life should be all about." With a sigh she shook her head in dismay of her dreaming and came back into reality. It was Luca's voice that broke her train of fairy tale thought. "HM?"She questioned.

Taking a couple sips of water, her eyes caught a glimpse of a black gown approaching in the corner of her eye. Calypso green orbs grew wide as they sparkled with joy when the fallen angel greeted her and comment on her Pirate attire; she squealed in delight that someone liked her costume. She completely ignored Luca now as she turned toward the Fallen Angel with full attention as she slapped her hand on the table and replied with enthusiastic, "Don't be modest! Check out your stellar wings! They look so…" Calypso words were at a lost as her hand rose curiously to touch the feathers as she wondered what they felt like. Her hand stopped abruptly as her eyes were transfixed on her's, "Amazing…May I?" She spoke up innocently as she didn't want to be rude touching stranger's costumes at least not without permission.

@dreamthief and @daird

Last edited by a moderator:
----------Micheal----------
Micheal smiled and says "well my mom left my dad when I was very young so he had to support my brother, sister, and me. He was a good dad but he worked 24/7 so we didn't see him much but when we did he was great. That was probably my biggest ruff patch but you know that's life. So with my dad working so hard I did my best in school worked hard got good grades now I'm a collage boy graduating next mouth!" He finishes grabbing a cupcake and inhaling it almost literally. "Now angel girl what's your lovely tale?" He asks before digging in a doughnut.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Go ahead. I don't mind in the slightest." Most supernaturals don't ask to touch my wings. Probably a human. Time to have some fun. Armelia gave her wings a slight beat. Just enough to let the woman know that while she might be wearing a costume, the wings were most certainly the genuine article.

Ellie giggled at Hasan's boyish manner, dancing alongside him. "I'm guessing Lady Luck has blessed me as well. To be allowed to dance in the company of a 'handsome man' such as yourself." She joked, hearing the teasing clear in his voice. She gasped a little in surprise as Hasan twirled her before bringing her back. She smiled brightly, hoping her hands weren't sweaty against his. "As for the last time I've done this, I guess the answer is never. I was never allowed to join such dances like these. Only a few years ago was I allowed my true freedom." She explained, still dancing fluidly with Hasan. Ellie hoped she wasn't being too open to him, but he had asked a question, and she felt he should hear the partial truth. Besides, he had told her a snippet of his past. Ellie had a fleeting thought. She hoped she was dancing alright. It was a random thought, but she realized that it was her first real dance. With a boy, at that. Ellie looked up into Hasan's eyes and smiled sincerely. "And as for dancing with a handsome man, I'd have to say never for that too. Sorry, now that I think about it, I'm a little boring." She replied, feeling a blush rise to her pale face.

@Golden_Finch91

Hasan let a soft 'ahhh' out as she explained how this had been her first dance. Well in reality, a first for a few things as she continued explaining. "Freedom, hm. Sounds like you've had an interesting life Ms. Rose - or at least interesting to hear as a stranger. Not boring at all, my dear." He swung her once more catching her fluidly when she returned, holding her slightly closer this time. He grinned at the blush on her face, wondering just how much he could tease the girl before she got fed up with his antics. "You are a natural hon. For a first time dancer, you are making some of these women look like novices!"

@Serpentine

Ellie raised her eyebrows in mock surprise before giving Hasan a smile. "Ah, why thank you good sir. I do believe you aren't too shabby yourself." She teased, winking at him. She felt as he pulled her closer and smiled shyly, her blush darkening. She couldn't help but notice that Hasan's eyes were soft and unique. Ellie pressed her head against his arm as she laughed slightly. She lifted her head again and raised one eyebrow, a smile playing on her face. "I hope this isn't just some kind of spell, Sir Hasan." She joked as she was spun around. Something about Hasan opened Ellie up from her shell. Every second that passed by seemed to peel another layer of her shell away from her. Ellie smiled brightly at Hasan as they continued dancing.

@Golden_Finch91

Hasan gazed at her face, examining every part of her face seeing as now she was close enough. Ellie's beautiful red curls framed her face, emphasizing her lovely brown eyes behind the mask on her face. He however was slightly surprised at a warm feeling deep in his chest when she pressed her face against his arm. He hadn't expected the night to go so well, especially to meet someone like Ellie and hit it off so quickly. He let out a soft laugh before he spoke. "If it is a spell, I do believe we both have been spelled." Hasan found himself more and more curious about the woman within his arms. "Where are you from, my dear? If you don't mind my asking..." Involuntarily - their dance slowed as Hasan watched her in his arms, keeping a firm hold on her waist.

@Serpentine

Ellie sighed and smiled softly up at Hasan, watching as he seemed to look over her. "Where do I come from?" She hesitated and dropped her gaze for a slight second before bringing it back up again. "I'll tell you, but, I'm afraid your opinion of me will change. Do you still want me to tell you?" She asked, tilting her head to the side slightly, her red curls dropping over one shoulder as she did so. Her stomach dropped a little at the thought that Hasan might judge her for her past, and what she really is. Ellie lifted her gaze to Hasan's and danced slowly with him.

@Golden_Finch91

"I do believe it is too late for me to pass any bad judgement on you, sweet lady. I'm curious now." Hasan felt that same warm feeling deep in his chest as she tilted her head and smiled at him. Hasan wasn't sure if he had any idea what would come out of her when she explained further, but he had no intentions of changing his opinion of her.

@Serpentine

Ellie took in a swift breath of air, leaning closer to Hasan so others wouldn't hear. "I guess I should first start with what I am. I'm not human, but a vampire human hybrid. I was kept locked in my castle for the past sixteen years. These past three years have been the first years of my freedom. I was told to be locked up by the full-blooded vampires, who were ashamed of my parents for giving birth to me, a half. So, my parents were forced to leave me alone; to grow up without any guidance. They haven't visited me in the past three years I've been free, but I don't mind. I've managed on looking after myself fine so far..." Ellie trailed off, losing herself in past memories. She shook her head, continuing her story. "So, I was a disgrace to the vampire kind in my father's clan. You see, my mother was mortal and he fell in love with her. They had me, so I was thrown out as a reject." Ellie finished and sighed, turning her gaze back to Hasan's. "And that's my back story. I was afraid you would judge me for being a half, a burden on the vampire kind."

Hasan suddenly felt slightly upset that he had taken Ellie so light heartedly, teasing her and such - after all she'd been through, and he now saw that he'd been out of place. "Well your parents are missing out. Though I am sorry, Ellie. I didn't realize how much you'd been through..." He let out a soft breath as he kept her close in his arms. "I will return the honesty, my dear. I am not a human either-" he murmured in her ear. "My sister and I are WereHyenas. I was born into it, but my sister was bitten. Her parents had died, so my mother took her in and Adanya knew we were unusual. She wanted to be like us, so she asked for the bite. We do a lot of hunting for our village at home, that was why we wanted to come here tonight. To get away and relax, though now I am glad I came." He paused, smiling sweetly. "You really are as precious as a rose, Ellie." He lent forward and kissed her cheek. "Let's have a seat?" He suggested, wanting another drink and possibly a sweet.

@Serpentine

Her human ears perked up when the Fallen Angel accepted her inquiry and a satisfying grin curved her lips to fulfill her curiosity. Calypso wore a ring with each finger of different gems and designs along with a talisman around her neck that hung just below her neck. In a slight nervous reaction she twirled the rings around her fingers with her thumb as her right hand reached for the wing. A startled giggle escaped her lips as the wings flick out a sudden beat. Her green hazel eyes widen, filled with temptation as she felt the thick marginal covert part of the wing. Massaging it gently feeling the softness upon her fingertips she gradually let her fingers slide down the wing, stroking each feather.

Her head tilted to the side in wonder, how life like these wings looked and felt. Glancing over her black wings again, her face was in a daze of awe as she smiled to her, "Your wings are truly fascinated. They are feel incredibly real and you win my vote on the contest costume." She added dubiously, "If…they are having one that is." She spun herself out of the stool. With a gesture of salutation, her arms out with palms open to a welcome and rocked a hip to one side and a foot out in front of her. "The name's Calypso. Very nice to meet you on such an event."

She puts her hands down and they rested on the holsters of her guns.That's when she realized something was missing and she looked down at her hips and blinked. One of her pink squirt guns was missing. She stomped her foot with grunt of being irritated as her thoughts of Luca being dumped with ice cold water flew threw her mind. Oh he's so in trouble when I see him… Her eyes quickly scanned the ballroom for the brown masked dog.

@daird and @dreamthief

Ellie was taken aback by Hasan's reaction. "Thank you, Hasan. That means so much..." She said softly, giving him a sparkling smile, her heart giving a slight beat. Ellie listened to his back story and felt a little sad about it. "Adanya had a rough start, but I know she's in good hands, since you and your mother take care of her." She said sweetly. Then, Ellie blushed a dark scarlet as Hasan complimented her and kissed her cheek. She felt her heart thump fast, shocking her a little as she put a hand on her cheek gently. Never had her heart reacted so much before. Then, she nodded at Hasan's offer to have a seat. She followed him to a bench and sat down, smoothing down her dress.

@Golden_Finch91

He smirked at her question. Of course he knew that she would eventually find out about him, after all, she was a supernatural creature herself. Anyways, he couldn't tell if her question was only a joke or half true, but she would certainly need something else for him to admit it. He wasn't going to deny it, either. "I'm afraid that if I tell you, I'd have to kill you."answered, teasing her back. This time, there was not the slightly amount of truth or threat on his words. There were very few occasions where he killed people and, of course, none of them were beautiful girls on a little red riding hood costume.

Thomas knew that he may look intimidating sometimes, maybe it was just because of his nature. Anyways, this girl didn't even look as it had any effect on her, not even after he approached her. She liked that quality on women and, this one, wouldn't stop to be more desirable every second. Instead of getting away from the vampire, she got closer. Thomas could feel the feeling on his throat getting bigger as her neck was dangerously near his teeth. He heard the whisper and couldn't help but smiling at the flirting tone at her words. "I would love to, Ruby." answered her, leaving aside the defiant behaviour and offering a charming smile instead. He took her hand and lead her to the dance floor.

There were some other couples already dancing, everyone captivated by the music and their partners. He placed his other hand on her hip, firmly but gently, and pulled her a little closer. Their bodies were close to each other, but not touching. Thomas waited for her to get comfortable before starting. He was holding his gaze at her, wishing, once again, that there weren't anything blocking his view of her face. Still, the mistery behind the mask annoyed him and made him more interested at the same time.

@Zaira

Ruby raised an eyebrow and looked at Thomas curiously when he replied, unsure what to make of his response. He would have to kill her if she knew the truth? That only made her feel more as if the answer to her question were a yes. Or perhaps she was wrong. His tone did sound a bit teasing. This Thomas was certainly a difficult man to read...

Ruby, however, must not have been the only one of the two who was curious about the other. Thomas agreed to dance with her, and seemed to find her interesting in some way--at least that's what the look in his eye seemed to say.

Moving close to him, Ruby placed a hand on his shoulder and took his other hand in her own. After he seemed ready, she began to slowly step back and forth with him, dancing slow and easy in case he wasn't so good at it. After a moment or two, she sped up a little faster. Whispering, she said, "So, Mr. Vampire, is it true that your kind lives for a very long time? If so, I wonder if you know a lot of things, like how to dance a waltz?" she questioned, as if inviting him to do the dance with her should he know it.

"Glad to meet you, Calypso. I'm Armelia. Thank you for the compliments on the costume." Do I tell her the truth, or not? Oh, screw it. You only live once. Besides, it's fun to mess with the humans.

"However, I don't think my wings would really help me win the costume contest." To prove her point, she gave her wings a massive beat, hovering off the ground for several seconds. Wonder how she's going to react to this.

He quirked an eyebrow at the woman's response and couldn't help but look behind him and through the glass doors he just entered from. He had to admit it was crowded but there was still plenty of room to move. Despite these thoughts he felt himself agreeing with the feathery girl, "To many people breathing hu?" he asked, with a playful smile on his lips as he turned back to her. She was closer now and despite the lighting she was very clear to see from this distance. He took in her features, attempted to count the feathers atop her mask, and see the color of her eyes all at the same time. It was at her voice that he beamed and looked away from her, dismissing his earlier thoughts and looking over the balcony. Not that much of a drop from where they were. Moving his hands to what helped people from not falling over, he jumped off the floor and perched himself on top of the banister. It was a balancing act all on its own but he pulled it off after wobbling back and forth a few times.

His attention once again went to the female only to see her examining the feather she pulled from her hat. Luca's eyes went to the black feather as well and watched it as the wind swayed it gently. When she finally offered it to him his smile only grew and he took it with a tip of his head in thanks. Tucking the pink water gun into his pocket he held the object of his desire in front of his face so that it was eye level and examined it, "Looks real," he commented, his eyes going from the feather to the female again when he heard her stranger comment, "Are you saying you've never been asked for a feather before?" he questioned with a curious expression upon his features. He watched as she moved off the banister and on her own two feet. It seemed like she would waddle like a penguin as well, "Aren't those shoes difficult to walk in?" he questioned though couldn't really speak himself.

Most of his long life Luca had walked with nothing on his feet. Even now it felt strange to have shoes on. He would have gone without them though apparently there were laws forbidding him from walking barefoot in most of the places he traveled to. His golden eyes went from her shoes and to her face once again, still holding his prize in his other hand loosely, "I go by Luca these days," he offered, watching a small smile come to her lips. It was then that an idea came to his mind and he swayed back and forth lightly, "I hear water," he said and his mind began to wander, "want to go investigate with me?" his eyes went to the stairs that led down towards the garden then back to her. After all, he did have a squirt gun that needed refilling and this female smelt strange, not human. A shifter, though what kind he planned on finding out by the end of the night.

@Golden_Finch91

"Let me get you another drink, Miss Rose." He murmured as he stood, gazing down at her curiously before he quickly paced back to the bar and returned with two white Zinfadel wines. "For you," he said as he handed her the glass. Sitting beside her, Hasan grabbed one of the sparkling pumpkin decorations off the table, examining it. "They did go to some great length to decorate for this event, didn't they?" He sat the pumpkin back on the table, wondering if they'd expected such a large turnout for the masque.

@Serpentine

When Armelia introduced herself, Calyspo responded with a respectful bow and smiled to the woman. "You are most welcomed." She turned slightly to take another drink of her water as her eyes scanned around the hotel as she thought about her job. She was always interested on meeting new people and hearing their stories. She admired anyone and everyone who would sit and chat to share their life events. To feel their experiences of the many chapters one may go through, to leave their history along the pages of time. Working at a hotel lobby wasn't the glamorous of all jobs, but she loved to hear the stories of different people traveling all round the world. She was thankful for her job but only dreamed of visiting the world one day to make her own stories.

She raised a brow at Armelia, when her wings fluttered up as she hovered above the ground. Calypso put her left hand on her hip as her right hand fiddled with her necklace as she contemplating this predicament, on how Armelia was able to fly.. "Hmmm…" Her eyes thoughtfully looked up to the floating halo, to the beautiful black feathered wings, down to her sapphire necklace and then her dress. How ominous she looked under the red tinted lighting with her black attire and wings, even gave her goose bumps up her arms as she considered the possibilities of her being almost a real fallen angel.

"I got it!" She slapped her thigh and grinned figuring out the mystery behind the mask. "You've already won the contest for the best fallen angel! Wow, you're very impressive. You should go on the radio to advertise your costume and attend the big parties there always announcing during this time of year." She paused as her creativity gears begin to turn and complied. " I've never seen anyone create their wings to motorize. What a great idea! Oh my gosh, that would be a perfect fairy costume. You must tell me how you did it! Pleeeeeease?" Her one foot twirled innocently as she put her hands behind her back and sway her body side to side as she gave Armelia puppy dog eyes.

@daird

Status
Not open for further replies.