A Party for the Mages (Halloween Masquerade)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellie smiled when Hasan rose to get them drinks when he returned, he handed her a Zinfadel wine. "Thank you very much." She said, taking a sip of it. Ellie watched as Hasan grabbed a glittering pumpkin from off of the table and laughed a little. "Yes, they sure did. Yet, I've never seen anything so beautiful." She said, her eyes scanning the golden-lit room, the giant chandelier catching the light, making it sparkle. "It's almost exactly like the ballrooms in the books I used to read." she said, smiling brightly. She turned her eyes back to Hasan and smiled softly. "I think the night is going better than I hoped." she said, her eyes slightly sparkling. Ellie brought a hand up and put a strand of orange hair behind her ear, blushing slightly.

@Golden_Finch91

Adanya examined the male before her, wondering why he had come outside. Whether he had come out on his own or if he had seen her head out onto the balcony earlier and grew curious as to what was beyond those glass doors. He mounted himself on the banister beside her, balancing himself riskily as he knelt there before he took the feather she offered him while balancing on the banister.

Wondering how exactly to explain that back home she'd have plucked the birds before even offering them to anybody, let alone hunt them on four legs - did not seem the best route to go. "They are real, back home we have native birds that drop the feathers regularly. I had collected them for this mask specifically." Before she could say anything else, the boy was talking once more. Gazing down at her shoes after he questioned her about their comfort - she shrugged her shoulders. "Generally I go barefoot but these seemed appropriate and thus far they haven't hurt yet." She retorted before pushing some hair behind her ear and crossing her arms.

"My name is Adanya." She said as she sauntered into the open of the patio turning her front toward him once again when he spoke of water. She listened and too heard the sound of water - possibly a fountain seeing as it sounded as if the water was landing atop water. "I could go for an adventure." She retorted, letting her arms fall to her sides before kneeling over to remove her shoes. "But if we are going walking in search of this water I will leave these here with my glass." She said as she sat her empty wine glass down by the shoes.

@dreamthief

"Appealing huh?" She asked with a small smirk. "I'm more of a mystery then you'll ever know" She said with a flirty wink as she twirled around before returning to his arms and curtsying as the song ended. "Would you like to get a drink?" She asked making her way over to the table where refreshments were set up. "So Cliff.. where are you from?" She asked trying to make small talk to get to know the charming stranger.

"Promise not to laugh or roll your eyes? I'm a dark faery. Basically, I'm the closest thing to an actual fallen angel that I know of. These wings? I was born with them. The whole costume was just something I threw together on short notice."

Armelia paused, giving the news time to sink in. "So, what do you think? Do you believe me, or do I need to show you some magic to prove who I am?"

Cliff laughed a little at her words, giving a bow to accompany her sweet curtsy as the song came to its close. He followed her towards the refreshment table, curious as to why she claimed to be a mystery - he had met many mysteries, but he was always able to solve them with ease. After all, he himself was something of a mystery, and his predicament was hard to explain. He picked up two glasses, giving her a charming smile before lifting the serving spoon to fill them with punch, making sure that each of them had two or three chunks of ice to keep them refreshed. He lifted one drink in each hand and held hers out to her as she spoke.

"Actually," he said to her, "I'm from a small town on the other side of the pond. I've been here a long time, though, so my accent has faded away." He paused for effect, taking a sip of his drink as he did so before swirling the ice around in the cup. "And you, Juliet? Where are you from?" he asked, just as eager to get to know this beautiful blonde vision as she was to know him.

@Zaira
Ruby raised an eyebrow and looked at Thomas curiously when he replied, unsure what to make of his response. He would have to kill her if she knew the truth? That only made her feel more as if the answer to her question were a yes. Or perhaps she was wrong. His tone did sound a bit teasing. This Thomas was certainly a difficult man to read..
Ruby, however, must not have been the only one of the two who was curious about the other. Thomas agreed to dance with her, and seemed to find her interesting in some way--at least that's what the look in his eye seemed to say.
Moving close to him, Ruby placed a hand on his shoulder and took his other hand in her own. After he seemed ready, she began to slowly step back and forth with him, dancing slow and easy in case he wasn't so good at it. After a moment or two, she sped up a little faster. Whispering, she said, "So, Mr. Vampire, is it true that your kind lives for a very long time? If so, I wonder if you know a lot of things, like how to dance a waltz?" she questioned, as if inviting him to do the dance with her should he know it.
It had been a long time since he had a dance with a lady, so he started being a little clumsy at first, but he quickly adapted. He wasn't the greater dancer, but you could say that he was moderately good at it. He started the dance by following her lead, but reversed the situation a few minutes later, being the one leading the movements.

"Yes, that is certainly true." answered her, amused about the fact that she was clearly wondering if he was really a vampire. "You could say I know a lot of things, but Waltz isn't one of my main talents, as you probably realised. I'm from the disco ages." added, still following the music. His thoughts deviated to the 70s, when his life as an immortal started. They had been some good years and the thought of them made him slightly smile. "You would never imagine how well those bell-bottom trousers fitted me. It's a good thing this isn't a retro dance, because you would have to compete with many girls to be with me. Anyways, I'm sure you would win." teased her, with a more flirting tone towards the end of the phrase.

The closeness between them was still a little uncomfortable for his thirst. Anyways, he enjoyed the dance they were sharing and the feeling was still bearable. As long as she didn't cut herself with something, they were ok.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
It had been a long time since he had a dance with a lady, so he started being a little clumsy at first, but he quickly adapted. He wasn't the greater dancer, but you could say that he was moderately good at it. He started the dance by following her lead, but reversed the situation a few minutes later, being the one leading the movements.

"Yes, that is certainly true." answered her, amused about the fact that she was clearly wondering if he was really a vampire. "You could say I know a lot of things, but Waltz isn't one of my main talents, as you probably realised. I'm from the disco ages." added, still following the music. His thoughts deviated to the 70s, when his life as an immortal started. They had been some good years and the thought of them made him slightly smile. "You would never imagine how well those bell-bottom trousers fitted me. It's a good thing this isn't a retro dance, because you would have to compete with many girls to be with me. Anyways, I'm sure you would win." teased her, with a more flirting tone towards the end of the phrase.

The closeness between them was still a little uncomfortable for his thirst. Anyways, he enjoyed the dance they were sharing and the feeling was still bearable. As long as she didn't cut herself with something, they were ok.

@Zaira

Just as Thomas was feeling a bit uncomfortable with his thirst, Ruby was beginning to feel uncomfortable sensations common to her own race. She could feel the rays of the moon stream through an open window, brushing the side of her face. The desire to allow herself to transform into a wolf was strong, but Ruby was thankfully able to hold it back because of her enchanted red cloak. Thank the gods she had worn it tonight. Had she not, Ruby's struggle would be a lot more intense right about now.

"Thanks, Thomas," she replied with a chuckle. "Now you made me picture you in bell-bottoms, and I suppose I am rather impressed. But you're right, I actually wouldn't know a thing if this were a retro dance. I'm actually pretty young. I'm as young as I look, in fact. But you... if you really are the 70's you must in fact be a vampire for real."

She paused and thought over her words. "And let's just say you are hypthetically a vampire and I'm hypothetically a wolf. Our kind aren't exactly friends. In fact, we are the deadliest of enemies to each other. Would you still be dancing with me if that were the case?" she questioned, her voice low and sounding somewhat daring.

@Zaira
Just as Thomas was feeling a bit uncomfortable with his thirst, Ruby was beginning to feel uncomfortable sensations common to her own race. She could feel the rays of the moon stream through an open window, brushing the side of her face. The desire to allow herself to transform into a wolf was strong, but Ruby was thankfully able to hold it back because of her enchanted red cloak. Thank the gods she had worn it tonight. Had she not, Ruby's struggle would be a lot more intense right about now.
"Thanks, Thomas," she replied with a chuckle. "Now you made me picture you in bell-bottoms, and I suppose I am rather impressed. But you're right, I actually wouldn't know a thing if this were a retro dance. I'm actually pretty young. I'm as young as I look, in fact. But you... if you really are the 70's you must in fact be a vampire for real."
She paused and thought over her words. "And let's just say you are hypthetically a vampire and I'm hypothetically a wolf. Our kind aren't exactly friends. In fact, we are the deadliest of enemies to each other. Would you still be dancing with me if that were the case?" she questioned, her voice low and sounding somewhat daring.
He could sense a slight discomfort on his companion, maybe he wasn't the only one having troubles with his nature. Tom wondered how did she keep herself from transforming, she was surely using some kind of magic. He doubted that a young girl as her could have such a self control.

"Or maybe I'm just a compulsive costumer of anti-aging creams. Anyways, don't you find disgusting to be attracted to an old man as I am?" teased her with a smirk. The fact that she wasn't even scare at the idea at him being a vampire made her even more interesting. And maybe even more desirable. The music was still leading the couple's movements, but Thomas had his body moving by its own while his mind was focused on the conversation.

"In that hypothetical case, I would. It would definitely be interesting. Anyways, how would you hypothetically keep yourself from turning into a wolf and attacking your deadly enemy, considering the full moon across the window?" asked, raising an eyebrow.

He could sense a slight discomfort on his companion, maybe he wasn't the only one having troubles with his nature. Tom wondered how did she keep herself from transforming, she was surely using some kind of magic. He doubted that a young girl as her could have such a self control.

"Or maybe I'm just a compulsive costumer of anti-aging creams. Anyways, don't you find disgusting to be attracted to an old man as I am?" teased her with a smirk. The fact that she wasn't even scare at the idea at him being a vampire made her even more interesting. And maybe even more desirable. The music was still leading the couple's movements, but Thomas had his body moving by its own while his mind was focused on the conversation.

"In that hypothetical case, I would. It would definitely be interesting. Anyways, how would you hypothetically keep yourself from turning into a wolf and attacking your deadly enemy, considering the full moon across the window?" asked, raising an eyebrow.

@Zaira

Ruby found herself hardly paying attention to the music anymore and had even forgotten she was dancing. However, on instinct, she continued to dance. Their dance was moving along nicely, but the conversation was even better and held more of her focus.

"Well, old man, I honestly don't find it disgusting. You don't look your age and don't seem to act it either. I could ask you a smiliar question. Don't you find it disgusting to flirt with a girl young enough to be your great granddaughter," Ruby teased back, smiling. "A wolf girl, in fact," she added. "Perhaps that is a silly question. You seem like that fact about me doesn't bother you. And I suppose if you were a vampire it wouldn't bother me either. I've never exactly... followed the rules when it comes to being a wolf."

"Now why would I tell my enemy that?" Ruby mused with a smirk. "It probably wouldn't be best to tell my enemy the secret of how I keep my powers under control, now would it? But oh, what the heck. This is only hypothetical. Let's say this red hood I'm wearing helps keep my power under control. It's enchanted. If I were to take it off, the struggle to keep my wolf side under control would be even harder, hypothetically, of course."

@Zaira
Ruby found herself hardly paying attention to the music anymore and had even forgotten she was dancing. However, on instinct, she continued to dance. Their dance was moving along nicely, but the conversation was even better and held more of her focus.
"Well, old man, I honestly don't find it disgusting. You don't look your age and don't seem to act it either. I could ask you a smiliar question. Don't you find it disgusting to flirt with a girl young enough to be your great granddaughter," Ruby teased back, smiling. "A wolf girl, in fact," she added. "Perhaps that is a silly question. You seem like that fact about me doesn't bother you. And I suppose if you were a vampire it wouldn't bother me either. I've never exactly... followed the rules when it comes to being a wolf."
"Now why would I tell my enemy that?" Ruby mused with a smirk. "It probably wouldn't be best to tell my enemy the secret of how I keep my powers under control, now would it? But oh, what the heck. This is only hypothetical. Let's say this red hood I'm wearing helps keep my power under control. It's enchanted. If I were to take it off, the struggle to keep my wolf side under control would be even harder, hypothetically, of course."
He frowned at her twisting of his question. "Oh, now I feel as a pervert. You are right, I should go and look for your granny." playfully answered. The thought of being 65 years old sometimes till shocked him, even if there were vampires much older. Anyways, he was frozen being that young, so he would keep his inmature personality forever. In conclusion, he was just a 21 years old guy that lived longer. "I'm glad you are a rebel wolf girl and you are dancing with me instead of finding a stake for my heart. Or maybe you are just distracting me. Oh, well, at least I'll die happy." added smiling at her. Actually, he had no way to know if his words could have some level of truth on them, after all, many wolves hated vampires. He should just be alert then.

So, an enchanted red hood? That was interesting, but what about her wasn't? Anyways, it made sense, so he had no reasons to doubt it. "So, it isn't just a costume? I'll make my best to keep it with you, I'm not sure if I can fight your big bad wolf shape." told her and waited a few seconds. "Actually, thinking about it, you look more like a cute little puppy. So you can take it off whenever you want." added, with a daring look on his eyes. "And, sure, I'm still hypothetically talking."

Last edited:
He frowned at her twisting of his question. "Oh, now I feel as a pervert. You are right, I should go and look for your granny." playfully answered. The thought of being 65 years old sometimes till shocked him, even if there were vampires much older. Anyways, he was frozen being that young, so he would keep his inmature personality forever. In conclusion, he was just a 21 years old guy that lived longer. "I'm glad you are a rebel wolf girl and you are dancing with me instead of finding a stake for my heart. Or maybe you are just distracting me. Oh, well, at least I'll die happy." added smiling at her. Actually, he had no way to know if his words could have some level of truth on them, after all, many wolves hated vampires. He should just be alert then.

So, an enchanted red hood? That was interesting, but what about her wasn't? Anyways, it made sense, so he had no reasons to doubt it. "So, it isn't just a costume? I'll make my best to keep it with you, I'm not sure if I can fight your big bad wolf shape." told her and waited a few seconds. "Actually, thinking about it, you look more like a cute little puppy. So you can take it off whenever you want." added, with a daring look on his eyes. "And, sure, I'm still hypothetically talking."

@Zaira

"Very well, I'll be sure to tell my granny you'll be looking for her. She's a bit more wrinkly and tougher than me, but at least she'll be closer to your age. And on the bright side, she is very skilled with a crossbow," Ruby teased back. Not only was her granny tough, but she felt as if the woman were too tough at times. But maybe if Ruby had just listened to her, the man she loved would still be alive...

"So being killed by a beautiful girl would make you happy? Very well, should I choose to kill you then I'll keep that in mind. If I want to be nice while killing you I'll stay in this form, but if I want to crush your dreams I'll just have to turn into my wolf form. That is, if you didn't try to bite me first. I wonder if that's even possible, for a vampire to bite a wolf?" It was probably possible, but Ruby couldn't picture a bite having the se effects on her as it would a human.

"Well, hypothetically this isn't a costume. So hypothetically speaking I shouldn't take off my hood, because I would turn into a "puppy" and although you may be able to handle me, many others here may not be able to. Unless you'd help keep me from hurting others, it may not be best. But vampires hurt others as well, so I can't picture you feeling the need to stop the rampage of a wolf."

At first, Calypso lips silently curved into a big O after finding out Armelia was a dark fae rather than a fallen angel. When the Dark Fae announced her heritage with her wings and having 'magic', that's when Calypso came in doubt about the girl's reality check. Twiddling her thumbs behind her back she uncomfortable looked around for Luca instantly. She wasn't sure why Armelia would make up such fairy tale lies to impress her. That wasn't necessary. She was already inspired by her costume and with her being nonchalant about it. Calypso couldn't wrap her head around Armelia to believe her, as she crossed her arms on her chest being a bit annoyed that she lied. Calypso made up her mind and chose her escape.

"Well…um…you don't need to prove anything. If you're a Dark Fae than I'm a Pirate. Let me just hoist the anchor on my ship and set sail." She said sarcastically as she threw her arms up in the air as she shook her head looked away. "Now, If would excuse me, I need to use the restroom." Calypso gave Armelia a final short bow then turned on her heels and headed over across the room toward the bathrooms.

Tasting a vile bitterness in her mouth as Calypso felt bad deep within, leaving the girl behind. Not being able to be around someone who would straight up lie to her face and try to belittle someone irked her . Her pride was hurt from taking Armelia words too hard on her heart, but that was who she was. Finding the signs that directed the women lavatory, a picture with a witch for the event, how quaint, she thought and pushed the door open. She walked in front of the mirrors as she checked herself out from head to toe adjusting her mask and pulling out squirt gun. Thinking back on the conversation she thought to herself, I understand to play the role of the part but give me a break. I wish I did have a ship so I could set sail…Turning the water on she unplugged the gun and filled it up. After a couple of seconds she turned the water back off and plugged the squirt gun and grinned as she thought of getting Luca later.

She took a final glance at herself in the mirror and smiled gently and gave herself a tip of the hat. With confidence restored she walked out and wondered if Luca was by the concession stand. Letting her heels slowly walking around the room she ended up spotting a group of couples mingling and chatting about, she didn't spot Luca. Sighing, she walked over their anyways wondering if they had any pumpkin cookies.

@darid and @dreamthief

Last edited by a moderator:
"I do agree with you my dear, exponentially better if you were to ask me. A good reason for a toast, to a beautiful rose, and a handsome man having an amazing night." He held his glass up, ready to cheers with the young woman and return to the dance floor. He was glad to know that Ellie was supernatural as he was - then they would both have something to bond over if their friendship lasted beyond the night. Although, considering how well it had gone thus far, he truly hoped he'd be able to see the young woman once more after the event. "You know, at home we have a saying - Moyo wangu Sultani, cha mtu sikitamani." His accent thickened in his native tongue, revealing his deep African roots. "Literal translation to something you would understand -- My heart is like Sultan, I don't long for anybody else's property." A light pause broke his voice, "It is to be satisfied." He turned his body toward her, smiling as he reached back to untie his mask that he laid on his lap. "After tonight, my heart will not be a Sultan. I will not be satisfied if I cannot see you again after tonight, even if only once more. Will you grant me at least that?" He asked softly, for he was giving her the power. Hasan knew that after the masquerade, he may never see her again, but deep in his heart, he wanted to dance with her again.

@Serpentine
PS Apologies for the late reply.

@Zaira
"Very well, I'll be sure to tell my granny you'll be looking for her. She's a bit more wrinkly and tougher than me, but at least she'll be closer to your age. And on the bright side, she is very skilled with a crossbow," Ruby teased back. Not only was her granny tough, but she felt as if the woman were too tough at times. But maybe if Ruby had just listened to her, the man she loved would still be alive...
"So being killed by a beautiful girl would make you happy? Very well, should I choose to kill you then I'll keep that in mind. If I want to be nice while killing you I'll stay in this form, but if I want to crush your dreams I'll just have to turn into my wolf form. That is, if you didn't try to bite me first. I wonder if that's even possible, for a vampire to bite a wolf?" It was probably possible, but Ruby couldn't picture a bite having the se effects on her as it would a human.
"Well, hypothetically this isn't a costume. So hypothetically speaking I shouldn't take off my hood, because I would turn into a "puppy" and although you may be able to handle me, many others here may not be able to. Unless you'd help keep me from hurting others, it may not be best. But vampires hurt others as well, so I can't picture you feeling the need to stop the rampage of a wolf."
He slightly chuckled at the conversation about her granny. It was a weird thing to picture the weak and old granny from the Little Red Riding Hood story as tough as she said. Anyways, it was still a funny image.

"Dying would never make me happy. But, you know, if you surprise me and I'm still just thinking about our dance, if I still see your beautiful face on my last thoughts, it probably wouldn't be so bad. So I would prefer that you stay on this form." explained with a playful tone. "Oh, and about the vampire-biting-a-wolf thing..." added, before getting closer to her. "Maybe we should try and see what happens." finished, whispering the words on her ear. He filled his voice with a flirting and a little threatening tone.

Afterwards, he moved back to his previous position and answered to her last observation. "We do hurt others. I won't deny it. But, with some exceptions, we do it out of necessity. Just as humans raise, torture and kill poor innocent cows to have a hamburger on their plates, we bite some necks to satisfy our thirst. Killing isn't even necessary when you can control yourself. So, yes, I would definitely do something to prevent the massive killing of everyone in this hall, pretty little puppy."

He slightly chuckled at the conversation about her granny. It was a weird thing to picture the weak and old granny from the Little Red Riding Hood story as tough as she said. Anyways, it was still a funny image.

"Dying would never make me happy. But, you know, if you surprise me and I'm still just thinking about our dance, if I still see your beautiful face on my last thoughts, it probably wouldn't be so bad. So I would prefer that you stay on this form." explained with a playful tone. "Oh, and about the vampire-biting-a-wolf thing..." added, before getting closer to her. "Maybe we should try and see what happens." finished, whispering the words on her ear. He filled his voice with a flirting and a little threatening tone.

Afterwards, he moved back to his previous position and answered to her last observation. "We do hurt others. I won't deny it. But, with some exceptions, we do it out of necessity. Just as humans raise, torture and kill poor innocent cows to have a hamburger on their plates, we bite some necks to satisfy our thirst. Killing isn't even necessary when you can control yourself. So, yes, I would definitely do something to prevent the massive killing of everyone in this hall, pretty little puppy."

So, Thomas wanted her to stay in this form? Ruby wasn't surprised. She chuckled at his flirty routine, wondering how many times he actually had flirted with women like this. He was supposed to be old, after all, so maybe he had obtained a lover or two during his many years of life. Ruby only had one boyfriend before, someone she had loved enough to marry. But the man she loved had only been a fragile human who had died easily. Ever since then, she kept a tight lock over her heart to prevent new love. She rarely even flirted with anyone anymore. But Thomas was interesting, and she couldn't help herself. Besides, she really didn't expect herself to fall in love with someone she was only flirting with, so Ruby figured she had nothing to worry about.

Ruby was surprised at Thomas' words, wondering if he was serious about the whole "vampite biting a wolf thing." The only way he could be serious was if he truly were a vampire. Their conversation was starting to become a bit confusing to Ruby. It was becomming difficult to tell if they were talking hypothetical anymore, or if they were crossing lines of truth about their real natures without even realizing it. With curiosity getting the better of her, Ruby replied, "Go ahead, try it and see what happens," in a daring tone right back to him. "But I'm afraid I don't know much about how vampires truly are. Does a simple bite turn even a human into a vampire?"

"That's good to know," Ruby replied when Thomas said he would help prevent a mass killing should one happen. "Because wolves aren't like that. The ones who haven't learned how to control their power will blindly kill anyone or anything. We don't do it out of necessity. Even some wolves who know how to control their power don't use it simply for protection or necessity. They'll attack humans or other creatures even if they look at a member of the pack funny." Ruby frowned, remembering how her own mother had attacked her friend Snow even after Ruby told her she was someone who could be trusted. Wolves could be cruel. Ruby vowed to never be that way so long as the wolf inside her was always under her control.

@Zaira

Last edited by a moderator:
Ellie blushed a dark scarlet as Hasan spoke in his native tongue. It was beautiful. Then, when she heard the translation, her heart thumped and her blush grew darker. "Why, Sir Hasan, I would be glad to continue seeing you. I believe that even I wouldn't be satisfied without seeing you again." Ellie smiled as her heart raced. Then, reaching up behind her head, Ellie gently untied her beautiful white mask, setting it on her lap. She smiled as the light lit her face entirely. Now with her mask off, Ellie's sea foam green eyes shined against her pale complexion, her orange hair framing her face. "Some people say my face looks like a child's." Ellie said, smiling shyly, looking up into Hasan's eyes.

@Golden_Finch91
((Don't worry about it :D))

Armelia shrugged. Sometimes, the skeptics were a little too skeptical.

She saw another woman on her own, this one in an Elsa costume. Like Armelia, she seemed to have based her costume choice on what she could pull off without too much effort. She decided to start up a conversation. "Hello there. Find any boys to melt your heart tonight, Miss Elsa?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

So, Thomas wanted her to stay in this form? Ruby wasn't surprised. She chuckled at his flirty routine, wondering how many times he actually had flirted with women like this. He was supposed to be old, after all, so maybe he had obtained a lover or two during his many years of life. Ruby only had one boyfriend before, someone she had loved enough to marry. But the man she loved had only been a fragile human who had died easily. Ever since then, she kept a tight lock over her heart to prevent new love. She rarely even flirted with anyone anymore. But Thomas was interesting, and she couldn't help herself. Besides, she really didn't expect herself to fall in love with someone she was only flirting with, so Ruby figured she had nothing to worry about.
Ruby was surprised at Thomas' words, wondering if he was serious about the whole "vampite biting a wolf thing." The only way he could be serious was if he truly were a vampire. Their conversation was starting to become a bit confusing to Ruby. It was becomming difficult to tell if they were talking hypothetical anymore, or if they were crossing lines of truth about their real natures without even realizing it. With curiosity getting the better of her, Ruby replied, "Go ahead, try it and see what happens," in a daring tone right back to him. "But I'm afraid I don't know much about how vampires truly are. Does a simple bite turn even a human into a vampire?"
"That's good to know," Ruby replied when Thomas said he would help prevent a mass killing should one happen. "Because wolves aren't like that. The ones who haven't learned how to control their power will blindly kill anyone or anything. We don't do it out of necessity. Even some wolves who know how to control their power don't use it simply for protection or necessity. They'll attack humans or other creatures even if they look at a member of the pack funny." Ruby frowned, remembering how her own mother had attacked her friend Snow even after Ruby told her she was someone who could be trusted. Wolves could be cruel. Ruby vowed to never be that way so long as the wolf inside her was always under her control.
Thomas didn't even realized when did he stop talking "hypothetical" and started seriously discussing about his nature. Anyways, it wasn't anything he would worry about, because she was a supernatural being herself. He raised his two eyebrows in surprised at hearing her words challenging him. He ignored her following question and started slowing their dance until they came to a full stop. He felt as his fangs were getting bigger at every second; they were probably already twice its original size. Thomas let a dangerous smile to cross his face, not caring in showing the fangs that were revealing his nature. His gaze also changed, he had the eyes of a lion following a pray instead of the charming human he had been so far. Her words had been enough incentive for him to make his body ready to feed.

Afterwards, he let her left hand release hers, just to slowly move it to her neck and remove the hair that was covering it. His right hand traveled to the other side of her neck. He used it to hold her steady, applying a strong but still gentle force on it, that wouldn't hurt her not even if she was a weak human. He looked once again into her eyes, holding his fierce gaze, and approached to her neck, using his left arm to cover her in a way that would be hard to escape. His lips were the first thing that made contact with her skin. The blood bumping through her internal jugular vein made it difficult for the vampire not to tear her throat apart. Anyway, he controlled himself, and only bit her in a soft and playful way. His fangs did touch her skin, but they didn't perforate it. Thomas fought every instinct on his body to pushed himself away from her. He smirked and took a few seconds to recover. It had been a dangerous move, because he may had lose control and expose himself feeding from someone in the middle of a crowd, but it certainly entertained him.

"You can now say that you've been bitten by a vampire." teased her and went back to the conversation. "Luckily, it isn't as simple as that to turn into a vampire. It is a little bit more complex." answered, without giving her much details about it. He wouldn't care to tell her if she asked once again, though. He thought for a moment about everyone he had bitten and left alive and how chaotic would the world be if they were all vampires. "Werewolves don't sound very friendly creatures. And I think I didn't explain myself really good, but a big part of bloodsuckers are also not friendly. They are little civilized and not caring creatures that will look at you killing everyone in here with popcorn. Anyway, there are also the ones that wouldn't let that happen, as I bet that there are also some friendly wolves." told her with a warm smile, actually referring to her. It was true that he didn't really know her, but he could already bet that she wouldn't hurt anyone on purpose.

"Anyway, would you like to keep with this somewhere else?" asked, as they were in the middle of the dance floor, not moving. He did enjoyed dancing with her, maybe mainly because of the closeness, but he paid little attention to the dance itself. "I think it's my turn to get you a drink." added, with a wink.

Last edited:
Armelia shrugged. Sometimes, the skeptics were a little too skeptical.

She saw another woman on her own, this one in an Elsa costume. Like Armelia, she seemed to have based her costume choice on what she could pull off without too much effort. She decided to start up a conversation. "Hello there. Find any boys to melt your heart tonight, Miss Elsa?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

When Abba seemed to quiet herself, Annabelle had begun to make her way to a different section of the dance when she heard a voice speak out beside her. She glanced over to the woman and rubbed the back of her head awkwardly. "Uh, not really," she replied shyly. "What about you? Many of the men here seem to be distracted already. N-Not that finding a man was really my intent in the first place. I actually came here to look for someone."

Why would you come here to find someone? The guest list was extremely exclusive. Nevertheless, Armelia wanted to help the girl out. She might have been a creature of dark magic, but she wasn't selfish in the least. "Who are you looking for? Maybe I've seen them around."

Status
Not open for further replies.