A Doll's Destiny

"Well..." She wasn't sure though. It was odd to have a doll as an employee as the customers might see it as odd. She let out a sigh. "Technically, I'm not the boss here so I can't make the decision. But I'll tell you what. Leave your information with me and I'll talk to the manager about it. I just work here, so it isn't really my choice to make so yeah...you'll have to wait for an answer from him."

"What info do you need?" the toy asked. He was slightly nervous now, considering he didn't have a resume or any means of being contacted besides in person.

"Your name and phone number would be good," the lady said. "And if you don't have one, then does someone you know have one or something?" She said that extra part because she realized he was a doll and it was most likely that a doll wouldn't even have a phone to be able to contact him on. But chances were that he knew someone because he most likely couldn't live along right now being a doll looking for a job.

"I don't have a phone, but someone I live with does, but I don't feel comfortable giving that out without her permission," Aiden hung his head. He should have just applied to jobs online. "I'm sorry."

"Alright then. Why don't you go ask her and come back later with some information. I'm sure she would be fine with it considering it's part of the process of finding a job. You pretty much can't get any job without a means of contact you about it after all. All job applications ask for some sort of contact info," she replied.

(OOC: I'm honestly surprised she's allowing Aiden to try again. I think most employers wouldn't allow it.)
"Thank you! I'll be right back!" beaming, Aiden sprinted out the store and returned to the bookstore within minutes. Running in, he called, "Clara, could I use your phone number to apply for a job?"

(OOC: Yeah, in real life probably. But I wanted to give him a little leniency since he's a doll, you know. It's not really a normal situation in the first place.)

The lady nodded and watched as Aiden left. Clara was sitting at the counter messing with some change, as a customer must have just left the store not long ago. She looked over at Aiden, glad to see he was doing well. "Ah, yeah. You can use mine. Now that I think about it, you would probably need that. Every single application I had needed that stuff. So, yeah. Feel free to use whatever information of mine you need. Phone and address is fine."

(OOC: That's true.)
"Thank you so much, sweetheart! See ya!" Aiden cried happily, running out the bookstore and and returning to the pet shop. "Okay, I have her phone number and address."
Panting, he recited the information, eagerly awaiting the woman's response.

As soon as he arrived, Aiden was gone and Clara let out a sigh. He seemed to be in a decent mood, so it sounded like things hadn't gone crazy so far which was nice. She knew that it was really odd for most to see a doll walking into a place asking for a job. She was glad though that he didn't interact with anyone trying to run him out of the store or anything like that.

When Aiden came back to the pet shop. "Wow there, just take your time and breath for a minute," she responded. "I can't hear what your saying over your heavy breathing." She wrote down what she believed she had gotten, but waited for him to say it again just to confirm what it was.

Taking a moment to compose himself, Aiden repeated the information and waited eagerly for what would happen next.

The lady wrote down the information on a piece of paper and labeled it so she knew what it was later. "Alright. I'll give my boss this information, but that's all I can do," she commented. "You'll have to wait for his reply about whether you can have a job here or not. I can't guarantee anything, but honestly that's how looking for a job is. You apply, you wait, and you see what happens."

"Gotcha," Aiden replied. He made a mental note to ask Clara for help with creating his own email address and online job applications. "Thank you so much, miss."

The lady nodded and smiled. "You're welcome. Sorry I can't do anything more, but it's kind of just like this. Most people don't get a job instantly. I think it's pretty rare nowadays to get offered a job just on the spot. Most people want to talk to the candidate and the ones your going to meet, like me for example, aren't the ones who can make that kind of decision in the first place."

"I'll keep all that mind. Thank you," Aiden offered her one last smile, before turning to leave. "Have a good one!"

"You too," the lady said. She put the information to the side so she wouldn't lose it while working for the rest of the day, but made sure that she would still remember it when her boss returned. She waved as she watched him leave. She still thought it was really odd that he was a doll, but he did seem like a nice one.

Once outside, Aiden tried applying to three more places: a bakery, jewelry shop, and a music. He was asked to leave the former, since the cashier was too weirded out by him. Thankfully, for the latter, he received the same results as he did in the pet store. Taking a break having been decided, he returned to Clara's bookstore. Climbing into his chair, he slumped with a sigh. "Man..."

"How did it go?" Clara asked him. She knew that looking for a job was tough to begin with, but it was probably even more complicated considering he had to deal with people being confused about him. "Did you get any potential places? Anything promising?" He seemed to have been excited when he visited before.

"Well...we'll see. I had to leave a bakery. The poor cashier was scared of me, but at least everyone at the other places I visited seemed okay with me. I might hear back from somebody," Aiden relayed. "Oh, that reminds me, could you help me with applying online and making an email address?"

"That's going to happen sometimes. It might not make you feel great about it, but it's only natural that humans are scared of things they don't understand," Clara replied. "Sure, I can help you out with applying online, but we already made you an email address when we set up your account for your game console, so you can just use that one."

"Oh, right..." Aiden grinned sheepishly. "Could we do that after you're finished?"