A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Clara nodded. "Yeah. When I'm done with work today I'll help you out with it. Does that sound good for you?" she commented. She still had to focus on work in case anyone came into the bookstore after all, so helping him out with his job search was going to have to wait until she was free for it. But that wouldn't be too much longer.

"Yeah, that's fine. Wouldn't wanna get in your way," Aiden replied. Part of him anticipated any responses he might receive to the places he visited, but he was still a little nervous.

"Okay. Feel free to do whatever you want while you wait. There are still plenty of books around here for you to check out. You could even head over to the nonfiction section and take a look at a book on job hunting. There are books for that after all," Clara replied. "It would give you an example of what you might need to do in order to apply for a job and interview for one as well. Usually getting a hob nowadays isn't really instant."

"I wish it was," the toy said as he walked to the nonfiction section, returning moments later, book on applying for jobs in hand. "I think I'll have to find a job I can do from, considering I can't drive."

"Everyone wishes it was, but that's just the way it is," Clara replied. She then heard his other comment about him not being able to drive. "That's not necessarily true. You walked to all of those places you visited today, so you could potentially walk somewhere. I walk here instead of drive here since it isn't too far from home. It all depends on where you apply to. But yes, you can also do ones where you don't have to commute to somewhere."

"I think I'll apply for both, see what happens," Aiden opened the book and began reading.

Clara nodded. "You have a better chance of finding something that way," she replied. There was a lot to getting a job. She would have to bring some things up to him later, but she noticed he had picked out a book so he was bound to learn some things from that. Meanwhile, she went about her work. She had a few customers come in. They were mostly focused on finding what they wanted rather than noticing Aiden there.

The book contained plenty of information on a variety of job-related topics: resumes, cover letters.

Clara assisted some customers and eventually, her work day had finally ended. She wrapped things up and got all her items that she needed to take home with her. "Would you like to take that book with you or do you want to leave it here?" she asked Aiden. She could always put some money in the register if he wanted to have the book as a reference.

"Sure, gonna need all the help I can get with this," Aiden said. "You got any bookmarks?"

When Clara heard the answer she pulled out some money to pay for the book. "Ah, yeah," she commented. She reached behind the counter and got a bookmark for him and handed it to him. "Here, you can use this one. Once you're ready to go, we'll head out. Is there anywhere you want to stop on our way home?"

"No thanks," marking his place, Aiden closed and handed the book to Clara, climbing off the chair. "Ready when you are."

Clara took the book and put it into her bag in order to carry it home. "Alright, let's go then," she commented. She headed for the exit and opened the door. Once they were both out, she locked it up like she's supposed to. Then she made her down the street with him, heading back the way she always walked when going to work. When they got home, she unlocked the door and went inside, placing her items down on the table.

Aiden came in after her, heading to the couch and climbing aboard. "Do you mind if I use your computer?"

"No, I don't mind. Let me get it for you," Clara commented. She went off and grabbed her laptop then sat it down for Aiden to be able to use. "Just let me know what you need help with. I'll be here." She wasn't sure what parts he knew and what parts he would need any assistance on, so she would just let him ask her when he needed to. Meanwhile, she got his book out and also placed that nearby for him to reference it if he so needed.

"Thanks, honey bun," lowering himself before the coffee table, the toy opened the laptop. It booted up, followed by the logon screen. "Um...could you help me with this?"

"Ah, yeah. Here," Clara replied. She told him her password then got up to get something to drink from the kitchen. She returned and sat down nearby so she would easily be able to help him with anything else. Though she was sure that he would be able to handle most of it by himself. He did already say he was good with computers, though she had no idea when he might have learned how to use computers.

"Thanks," Aiden said. He typed in the password and logged in successfully. He briefly browsed the icons on the desktop and clicked on Google Crome. Once at the homepage, he asked, "You know any job sites?"

"Some of the most common ones are Indeed, Glassdoor, Careerbuilder, Monster. You could try some of those. You could also just put in the type of job you want and google compiles a list as well too. You'll also get multiple links to job sites," Clara replied. It was pretty easy nowadays to look up jobs because google made it that way. You just had to know what you wanted to look for.

Nodding, Aiden tried Indeed first. Typing 'work from home' and the current location, he received several results. The thought of creating a resume struck, and he reopened the book to that section. Loading Word, he attempted building his resume, per the book's instructions.