A Doll's Destiny

(OOC: Is there going to be a point where there's an NPC you come up with that you aren't going to also allow me to control too. I'm just trying to make sure so we don't run into any misunderstandings.)

The receptionist seemed to be confused at what he was staring down at. Aiden addressed him again, but more than one thought was running through the man's mind. "Uh, what are you?" he finally got out. "You...you look like a doll, but you're talking to me...and walking around..."

(OOC If I make an npc I'd like to control, I'll let you know.)
"That's right," Aiden said with a nod. "And, like I said, I'm not gonna hurt you. I'm just looking to see if you're hiring."

(OOC: Okay.)

The receptionist took a few minutes to process what was happening. It was really odd to see something like this. And he clearly thought for a moment that he was asleep or had taken something weird, as he did a few things like rubbing his eyes and such. "Uh, yeah. We're hiring," he commented. "Do you have a resume?" It was really odd to ask that to a doll.

"...Oh," Aiden frowned. He didn't think of that. He never had any work experience, nevertheless he'd still try. Brightening up, he continued, "...But, I think I could be useful here."

The receptionist looked down to the doll. He let out a sigh. "Well, what kind of skills do you have then? What kind of job do you think you'd be able to do?" He guessed that it didn't entirely make sense for a doll to have a resume in the first place, but it was hard not to have one. Most places wanted a resume.

"I'm pretty good with computers. I can type, use the internet," Aiden replied.

"Anything else?" the receptionist said. Those were nice skills to have, but most people had them nowadays. "Do you know any particular programs or are you good at organization or data? Or any other types of things? What types of work have you done before? Even if it wasn't a formal job."

"I've used Word. I haven't worked an actual job before, though. Sorry," the corners of his mouth lowered slightly. At first, the man seemed interested, but since he had no previous work experience or resume, he felt the chance he'd get a job here seemed unlikely.

"It doesn't have to be job experience. Do you have an other kind of experience you could transfer over to some sort of work," the receptionist replied. "I mean, even if we can't use you here, if you want to find a job you're going to have to figure out every possible thing you could bring to a job. There might be skills you've used on a hobby or something else that you could use."

Nodding, Aiden thought for a second, then said, "I'm patient, and I do my best to help people. I consider myself a good listener. When someone has a problem or just want, I try my best to hear them out."

The receptionist was deep in thought after Aiden responded back. "Help people and listen," he muttered to himself. "Well, you might be able to do some sort of customer service job then, that usually doesn't need a whole bunch of experience at first. They tend to train. I don't think we're looking for someone here, but there's a few other places you could try. I think there's a place near by you might be able to find a job where you would just talk on the phone. There's also the potential for the help desk in a bigger store."

"Oh, okay then," Aiden frowned, despondent, nevertheless he was proud of himself for doing this, even though he was a little nervous. His frown being replaced with a smile, the doll said appreciatively, "But, thanks for listening."

The receptionist nodded and gave the doll a small smile. "Ah, but remember that getting a job can be really hard. Most people apply for numerous positions and still don't get one, so don't get discouraged. Just keep going. You're bound to find something that you'll be able to do," he replied. "Just, uh, be aware that there are plenty of others who are probably going to need a few minutes when they see you...just like I did."

(OOC: Would you like to play this next npc?)
"I'll keep trying, and I'm definitely aware of that," Aiden chuckled, before turning to exit the shop. "Have a good one!"
Once outside, he went on the move, eventually coming to a pet shop. Entering, he headed to the front desk, offering the blonde woman a polite smile. "Hello, are you hiring?"

(OOC: Yeah, I can do that. But I don't want to being only rping NPCs for a long time so maybe we can do some skipping around.)

The lady didn't even notice who was talking to her first until she looked down farther. She stared at him, blinking a few times. Then she backed up slightly. "W-What are you?" she muttered. He looked like a doll, but he was walking around and talking to her. They didn't have dolls like that in the store though. Where did he come from? How was he moving? How was he talking to her?

(OOC: Sure, I don't mind.)
The toy saighed sadly. Even though he was conscious of people being fearful of him, that didn't mean it didn't hurt. Hands raised in a playcating manner, he reassured, "Miss, it's alright. I'm Aiden, and I'm a doll. I know I might seem scary to you, but I promise, I won't hurt you."

"H-how are you even possible?" she asked. So, he really was a doll. Then how was he walking about and talking to her. Though, he did say he wasn't going to hurt her. But what if he was lying. Didn't he come in asking about if they were hiring though? She took a deep breath and tried to relax a little more. She stared down at him again.

"To be honest, I don't know, but even though I'm a doll, I want to live a normal life," Aiden explained, maintaining a calm expression.

The girl listened to him and though she was really confused, it seemed like he was being really honest about it. "W-well, okay. Uh, what did you want again? You asked if we were hiring? Are you able to take care of any pets? You're kind of small too. We usually need to be able to lift a normal amount of weight here. Unless you stick with the cash register I suppose. Are you good at math?"

"Yeah, I'm good with math, and perhaps I could help with stuff on the computer, too," Aiden replied, his hopes rising.