A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She took the money and placed it away into the bank, where it was supposed to go and gave him the card for his property. "Alright," she commented. "Oh and you see this card. You can pay more, the amount of the cards, to add a building to your property. Because when someone else lands on your property, they have to pay you the money that is says on your card and the money goes up if there are buildings on it." She rolled hers and moved her spaces, but she landed on a card area so she grabbed a card and it told her to pay some money, so she did.

"Okay," he put the card down. "Mine has no buildings, so I'm good for now."
He rolled the dice again, now getting ten spaces. He moved to the space and grinned, putting a card down. "But...this one sure does...for sale. Yes! Dibs on this one!"
Aiden added his money to the bank. "You're go, Clara."

"You can buy any of these properties, but you start with buying them without buildings. If you want to buy a building you have to pay more money," Clara replied to clarify things. She took the dice and rolled seven and took her place. She bought the property she was on and put the money back into the bank where it first came out.

"Oh, oops..." Aiden grinned sheepishly. Rolling eight spaces, he moved his piece to the square and put another card down. "Guess I'll stick to just buying properties, then."

(OOC: I'm sorry. It really hard to explain monopoly especially when I haven't played it in a while.)

"Ah, no. You can buy buildings, it's just that you have to but the property first. Then you get the card out of the pile for that property. And on the card it shows you how much it would cost to adds buildings," she explained. "The information is all on your property's card that you get after you buy it. The buildings add revenue to you if the other player lands on your property." She pointed to the area on one of his cards that showed the price for buying the houses.

(OOC: It's okay.)
"Oh, then I'm puttin' dough down for this one," he placed the correct amount for the house in the bank, then his eyes grew big as he grinned mischievously. "So, if you land on one of my properties...that makes me your landlord!"

(ooc: It might be best to do some skipping with the game, especially since Monopoly is actually a game that can be played for a really long time. And I honestly don't know when it's technically finished. I never played until the end of the game, just stopped when we got tired of doing it.)

"Well, yes and no. I mean, I have to pay you when I land on it, but that's only if I land on it and as soon as I'm not on it anymore, it's not like I have to keep paying you," Clara replied. She gave him one of the little plastic house figures to go onto the square on the game board. "And that would happen the other way around if you land on one of mine. The more houses you have, the higher the price is."

(OOC: I agree. Plus, can you imagine a doll as your landlord/lady?))
"Oh, I see. That makes...but still, temporary landlord!" he laughed, placing the house figure on his current property.
Two hours, ten properties, and six houses later, Aiden was down to a few money slips. Imitating Mr. Smee, he said, "Come on, Clara, fork over the dough!"

(ooc: Well, with it fake...you could imagine anyone.)

Clara handed him the money. "Yeah, yeah," she commented. To be honest, she was starting to get tired of the game. There was only so long that she could play it. It was a lot of back and forth. They gained money. They lost some money. It seemed that from the look of the amount of properties and comparing the amount of money each of them had, they were pretty much tied.

"Yes!" he cried, putting it in his bank. "Haha, thank you, my lovely tenant!"
Buying yet another piece of land, Aiden added his final money slips to the bank. He gave a petulant pout. "And...now I'm broke."

"Yeah, I mean, you got a number of properties, but it wasn't the best idea to use up all your money. That definitely would not be a good way to go about using your money in real life, that's for sure," she commented. "But anyway, do you want to stop playing the game now? Two hours was a pretty long time. Did you get your fill of Monopoly?"

"Yeah, I think we should stop, and yeah, I got my fill," Aiden said, gathering all his pieces into a pile. "I think it's safe to say we both won this one."

"Okay, and that's good," Clara replied to his first comments. She started to put away all the game pieces back into the box. "I agree. I think we both did pretty well. But I would suggest to save more money in real life than what you did on this game. Did you have fun?" Fun was the most important part after all when it came to playing a board game.

"I did, thank you. I learned some about property and budget management. Plus, now I know to save up qute a lot of money," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. She continued to put the pieces of the game back into the box. "It's definitely important to save money. There are times when you need to spend it though. And just making money to save it up isn't always rewarding so it is important to understand that you can also spend it on things that you want. But it's always good to learn moderation and plan it out. Save some. Spend some. That's what I do," she commented.

"That's true.," Aiden said.

Clara finished putting everything into the box and put the lid on top. "I'm going to put this back," she commented. She didn't want him to fall again attempting it himself. She got up and went over to the closet in the hallway and placed the game with the others. She then returned back to the living room. "What would you like to do now? Have anything in mind? Other indoors things could be drawing, puzzles, movies or TV, other board games."

"Hmmm...you don't suppose you got any instruments I could play?" it was a strange question, but he was just curious.

"Ah, no. Sorry. I don't have any instruments around here," Clara replied. "That's something I haven't bothered to try out myself. Instruments can get pretty expensive, especially if you want a decent one so I've never bothered to buy one. What kind of instrument would you be interested in playing?"

"Hmmmm, maybe the piano," the doll said. "I remember playing one of those toy ones at the hospital whenever I thought no one was looking."